Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,081 - 404,100 of 537,227 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying Jesus's own brothers not only thought He was a liar, they thought their Mom was a liar too.
And Joseph never explained that their brothers real dad was God??
I see why this protestant belief is only a couple hundred yrs old.
Got any other shockers you uncovered hidden in scripture?
John 7:5

5 For even his own brothers did not believe in him.

EVEN HIS OWN BROTHERS.....

Denying scriptures, Clay???

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
Scandals & Corruption seems to be the catholic churches middle names.
http://www.lessonsonline.info/Background%20of...
.....and catholics just keep on giving.
some people just don't understand the church is nothing to fear,like it use to be,it's drilled into their heads there whole lives, feed $$ the church or go to hell.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics pay ALL the bills of the roman catholic church. Catholics are in control,....... or are they?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/la-c...
Clay, where is your anger directed at Cardinal Mahoney, or would you rather blame Michael who did nothing wrong because you fear to question the mighty Cardinal?
Get your priorities straight of what is right and what is not. Start with the leaders of your own church, once you have done that then you can be angry at me all you want.
Catholics should be screaming BLOODY MURDER over what has happened just in Los Angeles over the years regarding your church leaders and abusive subordinates.
Hey Michael! Why don't you in the Catholic Churches with "automnatic rifles" and start shooting ANYONE, especially Priests and Bishops, then you can "continue" to actively take out your (personal) hostility, vengeance and animosity of HATE that has entirely engrossed and corrupted your heart, mind and soul against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Church. In your own "beligerant ignorance" what you fail to "grasp" is that the (faith) of 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, and especially those on this forum, is not dependent upon a "small handful of pedphile priests" who have "gone against the virtues, righteousnss and laws of God AND the TRUE DOCTRINE OF TEACHINGS of Catholic Church. We believe, adhere to and follow the TRUTH of Doctrine of the Catholic Church, NOT because of the ABUSIVE SINFUL CONDUCT of a few "wayward priests" (less than 2%) but because it is the ONLY CHURCH--that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!----Do you "get it yet"!!! Probably not!!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you for attempting to stir the pot on old news. And yeah, Muslims did forget. Even though they can be ignorant at times, the leaders - once they heard the whole story - acknowledged the Pope is not an enemy.
You would love a Holy War to break out so you can see the Church get toppled.
Ha, only in your twisted bigoted mind.
The CC is not going anywhere. Truth is truth.
dates were never an issue, just told you that he insulted islam,if he is reading an old text that puts another religion in a bad light,which he did,that is wrong,especially islam,and if muslims did forget,why are they blowing up catholic churches in africa? can't be out of boredom.as far as war goes,never like to see any type of war,but if go about saying stupid things to a dangerous religious cult,expect retaliation. how could i be stirring the pot when the story is still out there?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I kid you not, Confrint was probably alive when Evangelicals began teaching that Mary and Joseph had other children! I don't know if Preston was. But that is how new this teaching is.
No Protestant reformer taught it. Not Zwigli, Luther or Calvin.
It will be a sad day when you have to answer for talking against the Word of God, Clay....

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you for attempting to stir the pot on old news. And yeah, Muslims did forget. Even though they can be ignorant at times, the leaders - once they heard the whole story - acknowledged the Pope is not an enemy.
You would love a Holy War to break out so you can see the Church get toppled.
Ha, only in your twisted bigoted mind.
The CC is not going anywhere. Truth is truth.
I checked if the pope apologized and he did, he cited the words of a Byzantine emperor who characterized some of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as “evil and inhuman.”

Muslim leaders in the Mideast gave mixed reactions to the pontiff’s apology.

Mahmoud Ashour, the former deputy of Cairo’s Al-Azhar Mosque, the Sunni Arab world’s most powerful institution, told Al-Arabiya TV immediately after the pope’s speech that,“It is not enough. He should apologize because he insulted the beliefs of Islam. He must apologize in a frank way and say he made a mistake.”

Mohammed al-Nujeimi, a professor at the Institute of Judicial and Islamic Studies in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, also criticized the pope’s statement.“The pope does not want to apologize. He is evading apology and what he said today is a repetition of his previous statement,” he told Al-Arabiya TV.The Vatican released a statement Saturday saying the pope “sincerely regrets” that Muslims were offended, but stopped short of the apology demanded by many Muslim leaders.JETHRO:this is from a cnn story dated sept. 15 2006. this proves my point as i've said before benny is not fit to be pope,he is for diplomatic immunity reasons only.wether he wrote the story or not is irrevelant,you do not repeat a story that puts another religion in a bad light if you are a leader of another religious group.that's insane.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hy Jethro.
....Catholics will swear up and down that what men wrote 2,000 years ago is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but when men just 500 years ago claim corruption was rampant in their church, they don't believe a word any of them said.
....Every catholic priest/bishop who has been charged with sexually abusing a child, had much of their legal defense budget paid for by the followers of the church. Catholics who put money in the collection baskets in church financially support criminal clergy.
I have yet to hear a catholic say, I am with holding my collection money until every last scoundral has been charged/arrested.
i don't understand it myself,the worst thing you could do to a child or mentally challenged adult(which also happened) and it's like they don't care at all,complete denial,lets use for example,regina,hojo,clay,antho ny,if they have children and one was abused by a priest,would they still be attending and contributing to the church?? WELL GUYS WOULD YOU!?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>i DONT THINK SO, FOR ONE SIMPLE REASON, PAUL WAS ONE OF THOSE WHO TOLD MY GRANDFATHER TO GO BACK AND TELL ME THAT GOD has A JOB FOR ME TO DO.
The Apostle Paul told your Grandpa to tell you, to tell everyone he was wrong about the Eucharist or people misinterpreted wrong, what he told them 2,000 yrs ago?

Who else was present with your Grandpa when he had this meeting in Heaven with the Apostles, to plan your future?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Books that were burned, were "blatant heretical lies and fabricated distortions of the TRUTH" by those rebellious and defiant heretics that denied the TRUTH of what Jesus Christ actually handed down--to and by-- to his Apostles. They are just a "repeat" of the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11 willfully defiant and rebellious---until---eventuall y---"they eventually came to their senses"!!
how do you know this? did you read the books? and come to this inclussion as did constantine and his band of men who created the pagan/christian religion? no one knows the truth,how could you? the books were burned before anyone got a chance to read them. but anything the church does is ok with you,right or wrong it doesn't matter
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the Word of God is not enough for you, Clay....
No your new interpretation of this verse is not good enough. In fact, it wasn't good enough for any Christian do 1,900 yrs (at least)

You can't read read the New Testament thru the lense of the 21st century. That's why it took so dang long for you guys to change this particular teaching. You think 'brother and sister' means biological kin. It does not.

Since: Feb 13

West Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The Catholic Church has and always will be a fear driven, greedy based religion. The bible is a book of fables to control and scare their followers. Jesus was a real person just like you and I, he was so far superior spiritually than anybody in those times. His sermons were heard by many and passed along in conversations among the people. In short time he was touted as mystical and the stories grew more fantastic as time went on ( selling tickets). All I'm saying is religion in any belief is fine as long as you don't water the true message down. If everybody just treated everybody with respect the world would be a far better place.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No your new interpretation of this verse is not good enough. In fact, it wasn't good enough for any Christian do 1,900 yrs (at least)
You can't read read the New Testament thru the lense of the 21st century. That's why it took so dang long for you guys to change this particular teaching. You think 'brother and sister' means biological kin. It does not.
Clay, how many excuses are you going to use???

What excuses are you going to use when you are standing before God???
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, how many excuses are you going to use???
What excuses are you going to use when you are standing before God???
How does a corpse stand before anything? All you idiots prove is that you are morally challenged cowards who refuse to face your own mortality honestly. You have zero intellectual integrity.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a sad day when you have to answer for talking against the Word of God, Clay....
Your threats might work with vulnerable individuals. But not me.
You are no authority to tell anyone what the Bible is saying.
On judgement day, if I am wrong, I can plead to God that I was following the teachings of the Church that told the world, that John 7:5 is Holy Scripture and Thomas verse whatever, is not.

I can say I was following the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, who compiled the Bible in the 4th and 5th Century; who's monks hand copied the Bible for centuries; who printed the Bible in 1450 AD; the Church who refuses to retract original teachings given by the Apostles on these writings.

What are you going to say? You're teaching things about the Mother of Jesus Christ that is wrong?
Are you going to tell God,'duh, I have brothers and sisters, so I looked at duh verse that says Jesus's brothers and sisters, and I think I discovered that all previous Christians missed that part, so they could worship Mary and statues'
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>some people just don't understand the church is nothing to fear,like it use to be,it's drilled into their heads there whole lives, feed $$ the church or go to hell.
Interesting link...

If the RCC can no longer burn people to death for heresy, then how will it grow and save souls?

LOL... Catholics are amazing. They claim to praise Jesus on one hand, while claiming Jesus guided the burning of heretics by "his" church for centuries.

Which is it Catholics-in-denial?

Jesus' immoral guidance, or just a few more Church bad apples?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
anything the church does is ok with you,right or wrong it doesn't matter
On the other hand, "anything that the Church (does, believes or teaches)" is (wrong or despicable) with you because of your "hatred and hostility" that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul for the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. "Your loss" as a (Protestant, agnostic or atheists) or "whatever you are" ----is "Ours and Christs gain" !!!!! We, as Catholics continue to pray for your hostile souls each day, at daily Mass, that Our lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of His Salvation and healing, through Jesus Christ (in and through) the Holy Spirit of His One True Catholic Church.
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting link...
If the RCC can no longer burn people to death for heresy, then how will it grow and save souls?
LOL... Catholics are amazing. They claim to praise Jesus on one hand, while claiming Jesus guided the burning of heretics by "his" church for centuries.
Which is it Catholics-in-denial?
Jesus' immoral guidance, or just a few more Church bad apples?
Hypocrisy is integral to the practice of religion.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard someone explain it well. I think it was Madrid or Hahn. If Jesus entrusted the care of His Mother to someone other than His siblings, it would have been basically illegal under Jewish law and totally outside of all cultural norm of that period.(Heck, its even rare today) His supposed siblings would not have their Mother go with anyone but them. And Christ would not offend his brothers and sisters like that.
These folks on here are Conspiracy Christians. They are so hell bent on separating themselves from Catholicism that they threw out all logic.
Lol, the duhVinci code is right.
Was taught that after Jesus's death/resurrection St. Thomas took Mary to France with him and cared for her.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting----please don't pass this "judgmental garbage" off on us Catholics. You and other bible only Protestants, FIRST came on this Catholic topix forum (looking for trouble, looking for a fight)
The very NAME of this forum invites argument.
In typical romanist arrogance, it tries to claim how superior it thinks it is.
It dares to try to convince others it teaches 'the truth of Jesus', while in actual FACT, it teaches the particular beliefs of its elected pope.
Its sordid past of imprisonment, theft of personal belongings, torture and murder are legendary.
Its PRESENT state is equally as sordid. It lies, it steals, it enslaves, it threatens, it murders, and it is still a sexual cesspool.
Hoho, you may scream at the top of your furry lungs how it claims to be 'the one true holy, apostolic Catholic church' till your butt breaks.
But OUR Lord JESUS never founded the God-accursed thing.
The romanist DENOMINATION is as man-made as any other denomination.
Live with it, and get used to it. Romanism is a cult, is nothing special, and it is abominable. The thing's days ARE numbered.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Christ ... was the only Son of Mary, and the Virgin Mary bore no children besides Him ... I am inclined to agree with those who declare that 'brothers' really mean 'cousins' here, for Holy Writ and the Jews always call cousins brothers.
yet other so called teachers state that Joseph had these other children, making them half brothers and sisters.
just one lie after another and disregard what those who walked with Jesus said.
beleive a lie and be dammed, that is the future of almost all catholics, hopefully some will realize that men like luther were liars.
I don't know if Mary had other children of her own, this was never stated anywhere that I know of. But, Joseph was quite older than Mary and had previous marriage (wife died) with children. So you are correct with the half brother/sister statement here. Why do you think this is a lie? How do you know this?
Luther? do you mean Lucifer?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••