Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603170 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Chicago, IL

#419363 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a sad day when you have to answer for talking against the Word of God, Clay....
John 7:5
5 For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
Your threats might work with vulnerable individuals. But not me.
You are no authority to tell anyone what the Bible is saying.
On judgement day, if I am wrong, I can plead to God that I was following the teachings of the Church that told the world, that John 7:5 is Holy Scripture and Thomas verse whatever, is not.

I can say I was following the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, who compiled the Bible in the 4th and 5th Century; who's monks hand copied the Bible for centuries; who printed the Bible in 1450 AD; the Church who refuses to retract original teachings given by the Apostles on these writings.

What are you going to say? You're teaching things about the Mother of Jesus Christ that is wrong?
Are you going to tell God,'duh, I have brothers and sisters, so I looked at duh verse that says Jesus's brothers and sisters, and I think I discovered that all previous Christians missed that part, so they could worship Mary and statues'
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419364 Feb 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>some people just don't understand the church is nothing to fear,like it use to be,it's drilled into their heads there whole lives, feed $$ the church or go to hell.
Interesting link...

If the RCC can no longer burn people to death for heresy, then how will it grow and save souls?

LOL... Catholics are amazing. They claim to praise Jesus on one hand, while claiming Jesus guided the burning of heretics by "his" church for centuries.

Which is it Catholics-in-denial?

Jesus' immoral guidance, or just a few more Church bad apples?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#419365 Feb 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
anything the church does is ok with you,right or wrong it doesn't matter
On the other hand, "anything that the Church (does, believes or teaches)" is (wrong or despicable) with you because of your "hatred and hostility" that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul for the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. "Your loss" as a (Protestant, agnostic or atheists) or "whatever you are" ----is "Ours and Christs gain" !!!!! We, as Catholics continue to pray for your hostile souls each day, at daily Mass, that Our lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of His Salvation and healing, through Jesus Christ (in and through) the Holy Spirit of His One True Catholic Church.
Religion is Fraud

Granby, CT

#419366 Feb 1, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting link...
If the RCC can no longer burn people to death for heresy, then how will it grow and save souls?
LOL... Catholics are amazing. They claim to praise Jesus on one hand, while claiming Jesus guided the burning of heretics by "his" church for centuries.
Which is it Catholics-in-denial?
Jesus' immoral guidance, or just a few more Church bad apples?
Hypocrisy is integral to the practice of religion.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#419367 Feb 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard someone explain it well. I think it was Madrid or Hahn. If Jesus entrusted the care of His Mother to someone other than His siblings, it would have been basically illegal under Jewish law and totally outside of all cultural norm of that period.(Heck, its even rare today) His supposed siblings would not have their Mother go with anyone but them. And Christ would not offend his brothers and sisters like that.
These folks on here are Conspiracy Christians. They are so hell bent on separating themselves from Catholicism that they threw out all logic.
Lol, the duhVinci code is right.
Was taught that after Jesus's death/resurrection St. Thomas took Mary to France with him and cared for her.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#419368 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting----please don't pass this "judgmental garbage" off on us Catholics. You and other bible only Protestants, FIRST came on this Catholic topix forum (looking for trouble, looking for a fight)
The very NAME of this forum invites argument.
In typical romanist arrogance, it tries to claim how superior it thinks it is.
It dares to try to convince others it teaches 'the truth of Jesus', while in actual FACT, it teaches the particular beliefs of its elected pope.
Its sordid past of imprisonment, theft of personal belongings, torture and murder are legendary.
Its PRESENT state is equally as sordid. It lies, it steals, it enslaves, it threatens, it murders, and it is still a sexual cesspool.
Hoho, you may scream at the top of your furry lungs how it claims to be 'the one true holy, apostolic Catholic church' till your butt breaks.
But OUR Lord JESUS never founded the God-accursed thing.
The romanist DENOMINATION is as man-made as any other denomination.
Live with it, and get used to it. Romanism is a cult, is nothing special, and it is abominable. The thing's days ARE numbered.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#419369 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Christ ... was the only Son of Mary, and the Virgin Mary bore no children besides Him ... I am inclined to agree with those who declare that 'brothers' really mean 'cousins' here, for Holy Writ and the Jews always call cousins brothers.
yet other so called teachers state that Joseph had these other children, making them half brothers and sisters.
just one lie after another and disregard what those who walked with Jesus said.
beleive a lie and be dammed, that is the future of almost all catholics, hopefully some will realize that men like luther were liars.
I don't know if Mary had other children of her own, this was never stated anywhere that I know of. But, Joseph was quite older than Mary and had previous marriage (wife died) with children. So you are correct with the half brother/sister statement here. Why do you think this is a lie? How do you know this?
Luther? do you mean Lucifer?

Melbourne, FL

#419370 Feb 1, 2013
Great link Michael...

http://www.lessonsonline.info/Background%20of...

The facts are not disputed, only ignored by Catholics-in-denial.

For example....

We see how Jesus supposedly used the French Monarchy for over 70 years as part of His "Apostolic Succession." Absurd.

We are given some insight into how often people who called for moral reform were hanged and burned on direct orders for heresy.

Imagine -- Catholics actually believe that Jesus would guide his supposed Church and many of his supposed vicars to carry out such terror.

Catholics make Jesus out to be a dreadful, demonic God.

No wonder the RCC actually banned people from reading the Bible.

Of course, Catholics rationalize that as well.

Melbourne, FL

#419371 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, "anything that the Church (does, believes or teaches)" is (wrong or despicable) with you because of your "hatred and hostility" that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul for the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. "Your loss" as a (Protestant, agnostic or atheists) or "whatever you are" ----is "Ours and Christs gain" !!!!! We, as Catholics continue to pray for your hostile souls each day, at daily Mass, that Our lord will "open your eyes" to the TRUTH of His Salvation and healing, through Jesus Christ (in and through) the Holy Spirit of His One True Catholic Church.
Reality Catholic apologist, reality!

Look at the Americas...

Traditional RCC dominated societies = poor, backward, crime-ridden and totalitarian.

Traditional Reformation dominated societies = where RCC hypocrites like Hojo decide to live, rather than where Roman Catholic churches are a majority.

Catholics are back-stabbing hypocrites -- all talk, zero walk.

That's called indisputable REALITY.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#419372 Feb 1, 2013
The Deformation, I mean, the Reformation:
http://swordofpeter.blogspot.com/search...

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#419373 Feb 1, 2013
The "de-Evolution" of Christianity:
http://swordofpeter.blogspot.com/search...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419374 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, how many times have you posted that guilty molesting clergy are scum bags and should be in jail? Lots of times right?
Yet every sunday you drop your hard earned money into the collection baskets, not knowing where all your hard earned money goes. A percentage of your collection money goes to pay for the financial legal defense costs of clergy accused of sexual crimes, yet you tell me they are scum bags.
As you know all the dioceses within the state of Minnesota have had more than their fair share of buggering clergy.....
Catholics should have an accounting of where every hard earned dollar goes..........but they don't and they don't seem to care.
I would believe AN ENTREPENOUR business man such as yourself, would want to know that ALL your money is going to good causes ONLY!
Where is your voice of reason?
We get the annual financial report from the Archdiocese. To be honest, if some of it ends up going to the victims of abuse by those sick and filthy priests, I am more than willing to give it if it can help ease their suffering and pain and bring them some healing. If it's used to defend innocent priests from false accusations, I'm all for it. Remember, in this country a defendant is innocent until proven guilty, and an accused has the right to a defense.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419375 Feb 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be able to erroneously say that, you have to do what amounts to changing Scripture..The word is church....a noun. You change it to Church which is a proper noun.
And He never built a "church"...He established Christianity. Quote:
church: ekklhsia a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
The Catholic religion is a denomination....same as all Protestant religions...they are all denominations.....
Wrong.

Not one word about establishing Christianity in all of scripture.

He did establish His Church...and it IS in scripture;

And I say to you: That you are Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419376 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Michael! Why don't you in the Catholic Churches with "automnatic rifles" and start shooting ANYONE, especially Priests and Bishops, then you can "continue" to actively take out your (personal) hostility, vengeance and animosity of HATE that has entirely engrossed and corrupted your heart, mind and soul against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Church. In your own "beligerant ignorance" what you fail to "grasp" is that the (faith) of 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, and especially those on this forum, is not dependent upon a "small handful of pedphile priests" who have "gone against the virtues, righteousnss and laws of God AND the TRUE DOCTRINE OF TEACHINGS of Catholic Church. We believe, adhere to and follow the TRUTH of Doctrine of the Catholic Church, NOT because of the ABUSIVE SINFUL CONDUCT of a few "wayward priests" (less than 2%) but because it is the ONLY CHURCH--that teaches the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!----Do you "get it yet"!!! Probably not!!
HOJO says..

......... not dependent upon a "small handful of pedphile priests" who have "gone against the virtues, righteousnss and laws of God AND the TRUE DOCTRINE OF TEACHINGS of Catholic Church.

MICHAEL says.....why don't you attack your church leaders who have gone against the virtues and attack the clergy that let the criminals in your church roam freely committing even more disgusting crimes for years!!?

Why would you attack me who has done nothing wrong, and you not attack those that have caused the greatest pain in your church?

Why are you AFRAID to speak out against those that committed the worst sins of all and why are you AFRAID to speak out against the BISHOPS/CARDINALS who allowed these clergy to commit the worst sins/crimes of all?

I have never owned or fired a gun in my life.

If you can't believe what your church leaders tell you today, what makes you think they were any different 2,000 years ago.

You keep on believing, your like a child with a toy.

Melbourne, FL

#419377 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We get the annual financial report from the Archdiocese. To be honest, if some of it ends up going to the victims of abuse by those sick and filthy priests, I am more than willing to give it if it can help ease their suffering and pain and bring them some healing. If it's used to defend innocent priests from false accusations, I'm all for it. Remember, in this country a defendant is innocent until proven guilty, and an accused has the right to a defense.
Odd how the RCC uses the Church/State's diplomatic immunity to keep Cardinal Law and others from testifying against priests you call "sick and filthy."

Why does any Catholic believe that Jesus' "only true church" would use a power bestowed by Bonito Mussolini to protect "sick and filthy" priests?

Catholic words do not match the actions.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#419378 Feb 1, 2013
And God will say begone, for I never knew you.
Your pride and desire to please the catholic church and follow the teachings of a false doctrine.
Speak out against Gods Holy Word when presented to you.
Takes priority over your love for Almighty God .
In the verse where the Mother of Jesus and His brothers come and visit Jesus and He said who is my Mother or brothers, If your saying the brothers and sisters where being lumped in with the rest of the crowd or that they were actually Jesus's cousins.

with that train of thought how do we know then that the woman the disciples called Jesus's Mother was actually His mother.
"REMEMBER JESUS SAID MATTHEW 12: 46-50 WHO IS MY MOTHER WHO IS MY BROTHER'S'" POINTING AT HIS DISCIPLES JESUS SAID BEHOLD MY MOTHER AND MY BROTHERS!FOR WHO SO EVER SHALL DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN ; HE IS MY BROTHER , MY SISTER, AND MY MOTHER.

WAS IT BECAUSE HE WASN'T RECOGNIZING MARY AS HIS MOTHER THEN.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419379 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Bingo!
Even Clay's own Bible reads "brothers and sisters."
Q: Why would Clay's own Bible read "brothers and sisters?"
A: Because replacing with the word "cousins" would make some Bible verses sound absurd.
We must pray for him.
It wasn't some independant organization that wrote all these scriptures, it was Clays own CATHOLIC FATHERS that he disagrees with.

If we could only coax Jesus to come down from heaven for just a few minutes and clear up the wrong information that catholics are telling.

Why would any scriptures say.....

1) my cousins are all with me.

2) Jesus says, has anyone seen my cousins?

3) John Baptist say..where are Jesus cousins.

4) 12 apostles would say....lets go to Jesus cousins house.

5) Jesus says my cousins are going on a holiday.

6) Blind man says I am going to the store with Jesus cousins.

7) mary says, jesus your cousins are here again!

ENOUGH with the cousins!!

BUSTED! AGAIN!

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419380 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry that I shared the pic of my grandson with YOU. I am truly ashamed of the deceitfulness and YOU that you are displaying on this forum. they couldnt be the children of Joseph since the Bible doesnt record them along for the ride to Egypt nor to Bethleham, nor are they included when she left Jesus alone by Himself. thankfully God watched over him and today, she would be in jail,SINCE HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN THE SON OF JOSEPH.
you dont see that mary had other children because you cant accept the FACT that your church is lying, just like the devil.
yet those children were with her constantly after they were born, and to lie and say they were joseph's is rediculous since then they would have been older than her since your church teaches that she was only around 13 or 14.
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive and boy has your church really practiced a lot of deceiving.
I am really sorry that I ahve tried to portray you as a very nice person, however nice people dont mock the Truth and lie like you are doing.(and Yes, I thought about this statement before I posted it). but might as well say it as think it.

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sorry...he's a beautiful baby and I love his cute little face. I'm just worried because he hasn't been baptized.
Well, Preston, if you feel you must pout and take your ball and go home, then by all means....
You see, I value the truth and am not here to play children's games. Be sure to say hello to your new best friends, Heckle and Jeckle.

7Th Day

<snicker> .......... rotflmbo
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419381 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Odd how the RCC uses the Church/State's diplomatic immunity to keep Cardinal Law and others from testifying against priests you call "sick and filthy."
Why does any Catholic believe that Jesus' "only true church" would use a power bestowed by Bonito Mussolini to protect "sick and filthy" priests?
Catholic words do not match the actions.
Thanks for your opinion.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419382 Feb 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
And God will say begone, for I never knew you.
Your pride and desire to please the catholic church and follow the teachings of a false doctrine.
Speak out against Gods Holy Word when presented to you.
Takes priority over your love for Almighty God .
In the verse where the Mother of Jesus and His brothers come and visit Jesus and He said who is my Mother or brothers, If your saying the brothers and sisters where being lumped in with the rest of the crowd or that they were actually Jesus's cousins.
with that train of thought how do we know then that the woman the disciples called Jesus's Mother was actually His mother.
"REMEMBER JESUS SAID MATTHEW 12: 46-50 WHO IS MY MOTHER WHO IS MY BROTHER'S'" POINTING AT HIS DISCIPLES JESUS SAID BEHOLD MY MOTHER AND MY BROTHERS!FOR WHO SO EVER SHALL DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN ; HE IS MY BROTHER , MY SISTER, AND MY MOTHER.
WAS IT BECAUSE HE WASN'T RECOGNIZING MARY AS HIS MOTHER THEN.
So what you're saying is Jesus sinned by breaking the commandment to honor His mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,672
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web