Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
404,041 - 404,060 of 533,565 Comments Last updated 28 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Where in scripture is the Blessed Virgin Mary called the mother of *anyone* but Jesus???
I'll wait for your answer.
~~~
YOU ASK ..AND HERE ARE TWO SCRIPTURES.

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son?

===>is not his mother called Mary?<=== and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

READ THIS BELOW AND ADMIT YOUR FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter/JESUS the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, good question, Clay. As we all know, Heckle and Jeckle don't believe Jesus exists, BUT........wait for it now..........he has brothers!
:)
They're just ticked off because the Catholic Church is superior!
how come Babylon is also called roma, but when the Book of revelations speaks of babylon igoing to be destroyed, they aint the same. lies and more lies coming from your church and you are afraid to admit it, since that means that all you have been taught .is of no value when it comes to your salvation.

the rcc is the biggest joke that the devil has ever played on people like you et al.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Apostle is responsible for ordaining the Bishops of the Nazarenes? And who's Bible do they use?
I love you conspiracy Christians! So little faith in Jesus Christ..
which Apostle ordained the current pope. you cant blame it on me, and I know no other apostle presently living.

and a Bible isnt necessary.lol
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
===>is not his mother called Mary?<=== and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter/JESUS the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?
Nope, sorry. These verses do not call the Blessed Virgin Mary the mother of anyone but Jesus. You non-Christians are always trying to interpret books you know nothing about. Maybe it's best if you just stick to the writings of your cult and leave the Christian scriptures to the Church from whence they came.

Nice try, though.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The first verse starts out:“Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James”.... It is thought that Jude was probably being humble because he did not believe that his own half-brother, Jesus, was the Messiah during His earthly days (nor did his other brothers - John 7:5).
You're saying Jesus's own brothers not only thought He was a liar, they thought their Mom was a liar too.
And Joseph never explained that their brothers real dad was God??
I see why this protestant belief is only a couple hundred yrs old.
Got any other shockers you uncovered hidden in scripture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, hypothetically if sola scripture is true. Why are your teachings different then the first Christians?
Do you really believe they got it all wrong or Constantine infiltrated Our Lords will?
Wise up.
I have been on this forum for 5 years, please enlighten me as to what I teach(and I dont) is different than what any Apostle has stated.

I certain dont beleive the First chrsitians got it wrong, but your church, with the help of the devil, have stolen [or tried to]the truth that they taught

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, good question, Clay. As we all know, Heckle and Jeckle don't believe Jesus exists, BUT........wait for it now..........he has brothers!
:)
They're just ticked off because the Catholic Church is superior!
QUESTION

Superior! TO WHAT...

YEP

FIRST IN LIES

FIRST IN DECEIT

FIRST IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.... TORTURE,MURDER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

FIRST IN CHILD MOLESTATION AND SEXUAL PERVERSION.

FIRST IN ATTEMPTING TO MONOPOLIZE AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE UPON THE
SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT GIVES THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION TO WHOSO EVER WILL BELIEVE UPON HIM AND ACCEPT JEUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR

WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS..TO EVER MAN...THAT HAS EVER LIVED ON EARTH ON EARTH

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 ==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. < ==

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 ==> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.<==

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You're so old Confrint, I bet you were alive when this evangelical teaching was invented. I'm serious too.
You don't know how to read and interpret scripture. You guys look at it with a 21st century lense to dictate what 1st century Christians should understand. You're heretics. Now Scram.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how come Babylon is also called roma, but when the Book of revelations speaks of babylon igoing to be destroyed, they aint the same. lies and more lies coming from your church and you are afraid to admit it, since that means that all you have been taught .is of no value when it comes to your salvation.
the rcc is the biggest joke that the devil has ever played on people like you et al.
What should I do now, call you a whitewashed tomb? Point out the fact that this particular heresy of yours is maybe 100 years old, if that (more like 40 or 50)? That no one, and I mean no one, in all of Christendom believed as you do until very recently?

That's not going to help anyone, Preston. Get over your Napoleon complex and accept the fact that you reject the Church Christ founded for one that cropped up some 1,900+ years later. Be happy with your choice! I know I am! In fact, after reading all the protestant posts here I've been making it a habit to thank God a minimum of ten times a day that I'm Catholic!! Long live the Catholic Church!!! May the gates of hell never prevail against her!!! Oh, yeah, that's right.....Christ already promised that they wouldn't! Thank you, Lord!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, sorry. These verses do not call the Blessed Virgin Mary the mother of anyone but Jesus. You non-Christians are always trying to interpret books you know nothing about. Maybe it's best if you just stick to the writings of your cult and leave the Christian scriptures to the Church from whence they came.
Nice try, though.
I am sorry that I shared the pic of my grandson with YOU. I am truly ashamed of the deceitfulness and YOU that you are displaying on this forum. they couldnt be the children of Joseph since the Bible doesnt record them along for the ride to Egypt nor to Bethleham, nor are they included when she left Jesus alone by Himself. thankfully God watched over him and today, she would be in jail,SINCE HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN THE SON OF JOSEPH.

you dont see that mary had other children because you cant accept the FACT that your church is lying, just like the devil.

yet those children were with her constantly after they were born, and to lie and say they were joseph's is rediculous since then they would have been older than her since your church teaches that she was only around 13 or 14.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive and boy has your church really practiced a lot of deceiving.

I am really sorry that I ahve tried to portray you as a very nice person, however nice people dont mock the Truth and lie like you are doing.(and Yes, I thought about this statement before I posted it). but might as well say it as think it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have been on this forum for 5 years, please enlighten me as to what I teach(and I dont) is different than what any Apostle has stated.
I certain dont beleive the First chrsitians got it wrong, but your church, with the help of the devil, have stolen [or tried to]the truth that they taught
It doesn't matter Preston. You'll just say Ignatius was a kook, the Apostle John didn't teach him well enough....
Or you'll say Clement had it wrong, the Bible says this...
You guys need the conspiracy Christianity to justify existing. So no matter what is presented, your sticking with x.

Personally, I think its utterly sad you use the Bible like you do. Jesus Christ started a Church. Period.
You think He started a Bible. A Bible that needed to be privately interpreted by evangelicals 1800 yrs later to teach his real ministry- because Rome messed up the first 18 centuries of Christianity.

Man alive!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~

Nice try, though.

~~~

IF YOU ACCEPTED THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FAMILY OF MARY YOU WOULD HAVE TO DENY YOUR CONSTANTIN FABLE ABOUT

THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY

AND

THE LIE THAT YOUR CONSTANTINE-ISM HAS CONJURED UP ABOUT MARY'S (so called) HOLY ASSUMPTION/BEING ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN WITH OUT DYING..

IT IS ONLY YOUR ASSUMPTION ...YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO

SCRIPTURAL BASES FOR SUCH FABLES.

___

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 --> For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. <--

YOU FULFILL THE PROPHECY OF THE APOSTLE PAUL ABOVE.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
QUESTION
Superior! TO WHAT...
YEP
FIRST IN LIES
FIRST IN DECEIT
SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT GIVES THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION TO WHOSO EVER WILL BELIEVE UPON HIM AND ACCEPT JEUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 ==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. < ==
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 ==> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.<==
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The Protestant Error of Not Heeding Anything But Their Own Agenda:
I have seen it many times when I give detailed answers to their anti-Catholic charges which proves from Scripture that their charges are baseless, they will return with the same false charges, not even reading what I have sent them. This tells me that their hatred for the Catholic Church is greater than their love for GOD and for the truth, and that all they are really interested in is their own agenda.

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."
Proverbs 18:2
(The author had you in mind!)
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What should I do now, call you a whitewashed tomb? Point out the fact that this particular heresy of yours is maybe 100 years old, if that (more like 40 or 50)? That no one, and I mean no one, in all of Christendom believed as you do until very recently?
That's not going to help anyone, Preston. Get over your Napoleon complex and accept the fact that you reject the Church Christ founded for one that cropped up some 1,900+ years later. Be happy with your choice! I know I am! In fact, after reading all the protestant posts here I've been making it a habit to thank God a minimum of ten times a day that I'm Catholic!! Long live the Catholic Church!!! May the gates of hell never prevail against her!!! Oh, yeah, that's right.....Christ already promised that they wouldn't! Thank you, Lord!
I kid you not, Confrint was probably alive when Evangelicals began teaching that Mary and Joseph had other children! I don't know if Preston was. But that is how new this teaching is.
No Protestant reformer taught it. Not Zwigli, Luther or Calvin.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
QUESTION
Superior! TO WHAT...
YEP
FIRST IN LIES
FIRST IN DECEIT
(Snipped because I couldn't stand to see scripture with the rest of your sinful post. What a blasphemer you are!)

The Protestant Error of Sensationalism of Apparent Catholic Setbacks:
When I say "apparent", I mean just that.
Practically every newsworthy item that appears to show the Catholic Church in a bad light is blown all out of proportion by "I told you so" Protestants. Cases in point:

1) The finding of an apparent Biblical ossuary which has an inscription which says "James, Son of Joseph, Brother of Jesus":
Protestants are rejoicing in the streets shouting, "We told you so that Mary had other children"! If Protestants would only read the Bible which they claim that they read, they would see that there is nothing new here as far as "the brother of Jesus" is concerned.
"But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother." Galatians 1:19
That verse has been in Holy Scripture for well over 1900 years, so why all the hype over the ossuary if not for yet another Protestant attack with false charges against the Catholic Church?
Did you notice that the "James" mentioned in that verse is also an Apostle? There are two Apostles named James, and Holy Scripture gives us the names of the parents of both of them, and neither of the mothers is the Blessed Virgin Mary. However, there is something at odds with Scripture in that inscription, and that is the "James" mentioned on the ossuary had a father named Joseph. Too bad that Holy Scripture tells us that neither father of the two Apostles called "James" was named Joseph, but were named Zebedee and Cleophas.
Did any Protestant bother to check the facts before making yet more false charges against the Catholic Church, and then go about rejoicing over the lie that I have shown that it is?

Why didn't they first use their invented Sola Scriptura as I did, to find themselves to be without foundation in accusing the Catholic Church yet again that "Mary had other children"?
This is a prime example of how the false doctrine of Sola Scriptura can be used as a tool to the advantage of Catholics as well, and to the disadvantage of Protestants, in proving from Scripture alone, the fact that the ossuary inscription has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, the two Apostles named James, the Blessed Virgin Mary, or Saint Joseph.
Now why didn't Bible believing Protestants find it first? Is it because they did not want to find the truth but preferred to believe the lie?
http://home.inreach.com/bstanley/errprot.htm
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have been on this forum for 5 years, please enlighten me as to what I teach(and I dont) is different than what any Apostle has stated.
If you had a time machine and went back to talk to Paul, and started rambling about sola scripture, he'd stare at you in confusion for about ten minutes. Then he would politely dismiss you as a heretic.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so old Confrint, I bet you were alive when this evangelical teaching was invented. I'm serious too.
You don't know how to read and interpret scripture. You guys look at it with a 21st century lense to dictate what 1st century Christians should understand. You're heretics. Now Scram.
Now would you just love to pull a inquisition... upon me and torture me...

as you church has done to those that declare the truth of God's word.

The terrible truth is...YOU WILL REPEAT YOUR INQUISITION, IN THE TRIBULATION...

When you pagans Constantin-ism Catholics... join up with the antichrist...you will literally drink the blood of those that you murder in the tribulation because they believe in Jesus Christ instead of the antichrist.

___

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I am not the only person who is dubious about iggie and his words.lol
XIII. Ignatius
A Vindication by Edward Gibbon
I am accused of throwing out a false accusation against this Father,(62) because I had observed (63) that Ignatius, defending against the Gnostics the resurrection of Christ, employs a vague and doubtful tradition, instead of quoting the certain testimony of the Evangelists: and this observation was justified by a remarkable passage of Ignatius, in his Epistle to the Smyrnaeans, which I cited according to the volume and the page of the best edition of the Apostolical Fathers, published at Amsterdam, 1724, in two volumes in folio. The Criticism of Mr. Davis is announced by one of those solemn declarations which leave not any refuge, if they are convicted of falsehood. "I cannot find any passage that bears the least affinity to what Mr. Gibbon observes, in the whole Epistle, which I have read over more than once."

I had already marked the situation; nor is it in my power to prove the existence, of this passage, by any other means than by producing the words of the original.(LOL)

(THE WORDS OF IGGIE)"I have known, and I believe, that after his resurrection likewise he existed in the flesh: And when he came to Peter, and to the rest, he said unto them, Take, handle me, and see that I am not an incorporal daemon or spirit. And they touched him, and believed."
The faith of the Apostles confuted the impious error of the Gnostics, which attributed only the appearances of a human body to the Son of God: and it was the great object of Ignatius, in the last moments of his life, to secure the Christians of Asia from the snares of those dangerous Heretics. According to the tradition of the modern Greeks, Ignatius was the child whom Jesus received into his arms (See Tillemont Mem. Eccles. tom. ii. part ii. p. 43.); yet as he could scarcely be old enough to remember the resurrection of the Son of God, he must have derived his knowledge either from our present Evangelists, or from some Apocryphal Gospel, or from some unwritten tradition.

I. The Gospels of St. Luke and St. John would undoubtedly have supplied Ignatius with the most invincible proofs of the reality of the body of Christ, when he appeared to the Apostles after his resurrection; but neither of those Gospels contain the characteristic words of and the important circumstance that either Peter, or those who were with Peter, touched the body of Christ and believed.

Had the saint designed to quote the Evangelist on a very nice subject of controversy, he would not surely have exposed himself, by an inaccurate, or rather by a false, reference, to the just reproaches of the Gnostics. On this occasion, therefore,

Ignatius did not employ, as he might have done, against the Heretics, the certain testimony of the Evangelists.] WOW, LOOK AS IF WE HAVE ONE OF THE EARLY WRITERS CAUGTH IN A LIE.

I WILL STAND ON THE DISCERNEMENT THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME CONCERNING THIS IDIOT, IGGIE. THAT DISCERNMENT HAS NEVER FAILED ME AT ANY TIME.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a time machine and went back to talk to Paul, and started rambling about sola scripture, he'd stare at you in confusion for about ten minutes. Then he would politely dismiss you as a heretic.
i DONT THINK SO, FOR ONE SIMPLE REASON, PAUL WAS ONE OF THOSE WHO TOLD MY GRANDFATHER TO GO BACK AND TELL ME THAT GOD has A JOB FOR ME TO DO.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I kid you not, Confrint was probably alive when Evangelicals began teaching that Mary and Joseph had other children! I don't know if Preston was. But that is how new this teaching is.
No Protestant reformer taught it. Not Zwigli, Luther or Calvin.
lol, I believe you're right! It really is very, very recent. All this born-again, bible only, fundie movement has only been around since what, the 60s? It's like a parody of Christianity. They should be ashamed of themselves. They treat Christ like He's one of their next door neighbor; a regular guy, a real pal! They have no respect whatsoever. There's no worship and adoration of God. He's no different than one of their bowling buddies.

The author of the article I've been quoting about the "Multiple Errors of Protestantism" hit the nail on the head when he said that "their hatred for the Catholic Church is greater than their love for GOD and for the truth, and that all they are really interested in is their own agenda." Pitiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 53 min Hebrewsunite 8,197
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr I_am_Belisarius 35
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 19 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••