Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#419295 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens if someone in your congregation disagrees with your interpretations?
Do you
A. Show them the door.
B. Try to reason with them and get them to see things your way.
C. If they insist their Biblically correct, do you scream 'damn it, I'm the authority here. You accept my interpretations or get out... And by they way, you'll be going to hell now"
Im just saying. I read those scripture verses and I don't agree with you. They couldn't have been children of Mary.
Elders???

They are responsible for our souls....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#419296 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens if someone in your congregation disagrees with your interpretations?
Do you
A. Show them the door.
C. If they insist their Biblically correct, do you scream 'damn it, I'm the authority here. You accept my interpretations or get out... And by they way, you'll be going to hell now"
Im just saying. I read those scripture verses and I don't agree with you. They couldn't have been children of Mary.
Elders...

1 Timothy 5:17-18

17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor,~~~~~especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.~~~~~

18 For Scripture says,“Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and “The worker deserves his wages.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#419297 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you
A. Show them the door.
Paul and Barnabas had disputed such a claim, but were unsuccessful in convincing the brethren and the matter was not resolved as it should have been.

So what did they do?

Acts 15:4-6

4 When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and elders, to whom they reported everything God had done through them.

5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said,“The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

6 ~~~~~The apostles and elders met to consider this question.~~~~~
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419298 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying. I never lie on here. I don't need to lie on here.
I'm asking you for some logic here. Did Mary not tell her other children that their brothers dad was God?
No Preston, Mary did not have other children. No Protestants believed that either until a couple hundred yrs ago.
CLAYPOOL......

....•Matthew 12:46-47 - "While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and BROTHERS were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your BROTHERS are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

•...Matthew 13:55 - "Is not this the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His BROTHERS, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

...•Mark 6:2-3 - "And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and BROTHER of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

....•John 2:12 - "After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His BROTHERS, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

....•Acts 1:14 - "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His BROTHERS."

...•1 Cor. 9:4-5 - "Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the BROTHERS of the Lord, and Cephas?"

•....Gal. 1:19 - But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lords BROTHER."

....remember CLAYPOOL, it was your very own catholic fathers who wrote all these scriptures. They have caused the confusion.

......The Catholic church teaches that the Mary in these passages is the mother of Jesus, but Jesus brothers and sisters are children of another woman also named Mary.

..... The children are so clearly the offspring of the "Mary" of this passage, that the Pope has come to the conclusion it must be a different Mary! INCREDIBLE! and UNBELIEVABLE!..(lol)!!

BUSTED AGAIN!
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#419300 Jan 31, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAYPOOL......
....•Matthew 12:46-47 - "While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and BROTHERS were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your BROTHERS are standing outside seeking to speak to You."
•...Matthew 13:55 - "Is not this the carpenters son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His BROTHERS, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"
...•Mark 6:2-3 - "And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and BROTHER of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"
....•John 2:12 - "After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His BROTHERS, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."
....•Acts 1:14 - "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His BROTHERS."
...•1 Cor. 9:4-5 - "Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the BROTHERS of the Lord, and Cephas?"
•....Gal. 1:19 - But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lords BROTHER."
....remember CLAYPOOL, it was your very own catholic fathers who wrote all these scriptures. They have caused the confusion.
......The Catholic church teaches that the Mary in these passages is the mother of Jesus, but Jesus brothers and sisters are children of another woman also named Mary.
..... The children are so clearly the offspring of the "Mary" of this passage, that the Pope has come to the conclusion it must be a different Mary! INCREDIBLE! and UNBELIEVABLE!..(lol)!!
BUSTED AGAIN!
Bingo!

Even Clay's own Bible reads "brothers and sisters."

Q: Why would Clay's own Bible read "brothers and sisters?"

A: Because replacing with the word "cousins" would make some Bible verses sound absurd.

We must pray for him.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419301 Jan 31, 2013
The word brother and sister did not mean biological in the time of the Bible. It meant just about anybody in a whole range of relationship to the person.
This is why the Catholic Church from its earliest possible inception, safely taught Mary being ever virgin. The Orthodox and all the first Protestant Churches also teach that Mary was ever virgin.
Only recently did the cult of born agains - without authority - took it upon themselves to teach scriptures that do not belong to them in the first place.

Now, why an Atheist and a radial bigot would care about this Catholic teaching is beyond me . Don't believe it. Who cares?
socci

Cameron, MO

#419302 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Orthodox and all the first Protestant Churches also teach that Mary was ever virgin.

Wrong!

The first Christians were the Nazarenes, who accepted the virgin birth but not any perpetual virgin. That was found only at Rome's Church (east & west)

Better question is, why would Rome create this false doctrine? They take the mother & child worship from previous Simiramis & Tammuz, but these were not virgin.

Originally Rome did not advocate the perpetual virgin Mary. It wasnt until later they invented this elevating Mary to godlike status i.e. the Queen of Heaven.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419303 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
The word brother and sister did not mean biological in the time of the Bible. It meant just about anybody in a whole range of relationship to the person.
This is why the Catholic Church from its earliest possible inception, safely taught Mary being ever virgin. The Orthodox and all the first Protestant Churches also teach that Mary was ever virgin.
Only recently did the cult of born agains - without authority - took it upon themselves to teach scriptures that do not belong to them in the first place.
Now, why an Atheist and a radial bigot would care about this Catholic teaching is beyond me . Don't believe it. Who cares?
lol, good question, Clay. As we all know, Heckle and Jeckle don't believe Jesus exists, BUT........wait for it now..........he has brothers!
:)

They're just ticked off because the Catholic Church is superior!
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419304 Jan 31, 2013
Where in scripture is the Blessed Virgin Mary called the mother of *anyone* but Jesus???

I'll wait for your answer.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419305 Jan 31, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
The first Christians were the Nazarenes, who accepted the virgin birth but not any perpetual virgin. That was found only at Rome's Church (east & west)
Better question is, why would Rome create this false doctrine? They take the mother & child worship from previous Simiramis & Tammuz, but these were not virgin.
Originally Rome did not advocate the perpetual virgin Mary. It wasnt until later they invented this elevating Mary to godlike status i.e. the Queen of Heaven.
What Apostle is responsible for ordaining the Bishops of the Nazarenes? And who's Bible do they use?
I love you conspiracy Christians! So little faith in Jesus Christ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#419306 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...if the New Testament; the 27 books you apparently agree are scriptural, came 50 yrs after Constantine...how do you explain the evil wicked Catholic Church determining the books you now hold in your hand?
Are you saying the devil determined sacred scripture??
~~~

As one said in a former post you Constantine-Catholics are always

attempting to place some implication of a sort

when you are faced with the truth.

You always have some foolish retort.... in you attempt to put/add words

into a post to distort the truth.

Te results being that you never learn any thing other than that which you have been brainwashed to believe.

I have always been given the option to question what I have been told

and measure it by the Bible..

You evidently are incarcerated, and bound with no free will to examine what you have been taught...

WHEN THE DOOR IS OPEN TO TRUTH... AND THE LIGHT IS ON

You are a slave/subservient to TO Constantine-ism... with no freedom

or option of thought.

___

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

#419307 Jan 31, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Where in scripture is the Blessed Virgin Mary called the mother of *anyone* but Jesus???
I'll wait for your answer.
~~~
YOU ASK ..AND HERE ARE TWO SCRIPTURES.

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son?

===>is not his mother called Mary?<=== and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

READ THIS BELOW AND ADMIT YOUR FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter/JESUS the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#419308 Jan 31, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, good question, Clay. As we all know, Heckle and Jeckle don't believe Jesus exists, BUT........wait for it now..........he has brothers!
how come Babylon is also called roma, but when the Book of revelations speaks of babylon igoing to be destroyed, they aint the same. lies and more lies coming from your church and you are afraid to admit it, since that means that all you have been taught .is of no value when it comes to your salvation.

the rcc is the biggest joke that the devil has ever played on people like you et al.

Location hidden

#419309 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Apostle is responsible for ordaining the Bishops of the Nazarenes? And who's Bible do they use?
I love you conspiracy Christians! So little faith in Jesus Christ..
which Apostle ordained the current pope. you cant blame it on me, and I know no other apostle presently living.

and a Bible isnt necessary.lol
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419310 Jan 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
===>is not his mother called Mary?<=== and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter/JESUS the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon?
Nope, sorry. These verses do not call the Blessed Virgin Mary the mother of anyone but Jesus. You non-Christians are always trying to interpret books you know nothing about. Maybe it's best if you just stick to the writings of your cult and leave the Christian scriptures to the Church from whence they came.

Nice try, though.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419311 Jan 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The first verse starts out:“Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James”.... It is thought that Jude was probably being humble because he did not believe that his own half-brother, Jesus, was the Messiah during His earthly days (nor did his other brothers - John 7:5).
You're saying Jesus's own brothers not only thought He was a liar, they thought their Mom was a liar too.
And Joseph never explained that their brothers real dad was God??
I see why this protestant belief is only a couple hundred yrs old.
Got any other shockers you uncovered hidden in scripture?

Location hidden

#419312 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, hypothetically if sola scripture is true. Why are your teachings different then the first Christians?
Do you really believe they got it all wrong or Constantine infiltrated Our Lords will?
Wise up.
I have been on this forum for 5 years, please enlighten me as to what I teach(and I dont) is different than what any Apostle has stated.

I certain dont beleive the First chrsitians got it wrong, but your church, with the help of the devil, have stolen [or tried to]the truth that they taught

#419313 Jan 31, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION

Superior! TO WHAT...

YEP

FIRST IN LIES

FIRST IN DECEIT

FIRST IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.... TORTURE,MURDER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

FIRST IN CHILD MOLESTATION AND SEXUAL PERVERSION.

FIRST IN ATTEMPTING TO MONOPOLIZE AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE UPON THE
SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT GIVES THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION TO WHOSO EVER WILL BELIEVE UPON HIM AND ACCEPT JEUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR

WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS..TO EVER MAN...THAT HAS EVER LIVED ON EARTH ON EARTH

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 ==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. < ==

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 ==> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.<==

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419314 Jan 31, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You're so old Confrint, I bet you were alive when this evangelical teaching was invented. I'm serious too.
You don't know how to read and interpret scripture. You guys look at it with a 21st century lense to dictate what 1st century Christians should understand. You're heretics. Now Scram.
ReginaM

Middletown, NJ

#419315 Jan 31, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how come Babylon is also called roma, but when the Book of revelations speaks of babylon igoing to be destroyed, they aint the same. lies and more lies coming from your church and you are afraid to admit it, since that means that all you have been taught .is of no value when it comes to your salvation.
the rcc is the biggest joke that the devil has ever played on people like you et al.
What should I do now, call you a whitewashed tomb? Point out the fact that this particular heresy of yours is maybe 100 years old, if that (more like 40 or 50)? That no one, and I mean no one, in all of Christendom believed as you do until very recently?

That's not going to help anyone, Preston. Get over your Napoleon complex and accept the fact that you reject the Church Christ founded for one that cropped up some 1,900+ years later. Be happy with your choice! I know I am! In fact, after reading all the protestant posts here I've been making it a habit to thank God a minimum of ten times a day that I'm Catholic!! Long live the Catholic Church!!! May the gates of hell never prevail against her!!! Oh, yeah, that's right.....Christ already promised that they wouldn't! Thank you, Lord!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 9,185
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Fri Tom Jones 1
More from around the web