Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
403,981 - 404,000 of 532,766 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm giving you an interpretation of the Church.
"Revelation is apocalyptic literature unique to the 1st century. It contains varied symbolism and multiple meanings of the woman (Mary, the Church and Israel)."
iF jESUSS WAS WANTING TO SPEAK ABOUT THAT WOMAN BEING THE CHURCH, HE WOULD HAVE SAID SO.

sinc e he started out speaking to the letters to different churches.

so if the rcc believes it is mary, no wonder you people dont know anything about the bible, you allow them to tell you what you think, just like clay showed
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Pad wrote:
Interesting NEWS from Chiapas, M e x i c o.
Both Voice of the Martyrs, and Amnesty International have reported that hundreds of Mexican evangelicals were forced out of their homes and their homes were torched.The families have gone to a barn to live,very limited space. The evangelicals have been threatened with murder,one pastor actually was killed and beheaded.Several evangelical women were raped.
The perpetrators are called traditionalist Catholics,who practice a mixed form of Catholicism and animism,Which is allowed in the RCCs in Chiapas.I wonder what the Eucharist is in light of those Mexican Catholics,who are the majority there,and are taking part in making life miserable for the evangelicals?
Sorry folks but Catholicism is ripe for mixture with pagan cultures,not evangelicals.NOT surprised at all of those events.I always ask when?
Maybe you should link it PAD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is our spiritual Mother. We approach her the way Jesus did. We try and imitate Christ by honoring His Mother. This isn't new.
"Woman, behold your son. Then He said to the disciple, son, behold your Mother. And from that hour he took Mary into his home"
John 19: 26-27
BTW, on a side note: if Mary had all these other children .. Why would Jesus entrust someone other than His siblings to take their Mom in?
I guess that you catholics dont read very well, do you?
several years ago, this was brought up and I showed everyone why this was done and in the jewish community is still being done today.

so let me give it to you again and this time take notes so you will remember it.

the widow is given into the care of a rabbi or a priest for a time of bereavement, and that is what Jesus did, He gave his mom into the care of a Priest, John. since his siblings didnt believe in Him at that time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

BTW< I hope that no catholic on here is stupid enough to question that fact that Now the NT is in effect and John was now a Priest in the New Dispensation as recorded in the NT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is written came from what was orally taught.
The bible is the written portion of Tradition.
Sorry, Marge.
shame on you for being that ignorant. how many times will a person read that other apostles are mentioning letters written and even given the name of scriptures?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard someone explain it well. I think it was Madrid or Hahn. If Jesus entrusted the care of His Mother to someone other than His siblings, it would have been basically illegal under Jewish law and totally outside of all cultural norm of that period.(Heck, its even rare today) His supposed siblings would not have their Mother go with anyone but them. And Christ would not offend his brothers and sisters like that.
These folks on here are Conspiracy Christians. They are so hell bent on separating themselves from Catholicism that they threw out all logic.
Lol, the duhVinci code is right.
keep reading and you will learn the truth and it didnt come from some catholic apologist like hahn.lol
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that you catholics dont read very well, do you?
several years ago, this was brought up and I showed everyone why this was done and in the jewish community is still being done today.
so let me give it to you again and this time take notes so you will remember it.
the widow is given into the care of a rabbi or a priest for a time of bereavement, and that is what Jesus did, He gave his mom into the care of a Priest, John. since his siblings didnt believe in Him at that time.
Don't you guys believe the Apostle James was Jesus's biological brother?
So far, you've only showed me your unauthoritative opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony...we have a thing going here. Remember it's your turn. Please interpret for me if the Woman is Mary. thanks
Rev 12:6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.
we discussed this several weeks ago, THEY KNOW that this Wilderness was not egypt, but their pride in their church will not allow them to admit they are being deceived.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>keep reading and you will learn the truth and it didnt come from some catholic apologist like hahn.lol
What Apostles do you declare that Christ was biologically related to? James the less, James Tthe greater... Jude? Help me out. Maybe I'm missing your doctrine here. You can't blame me Preston, you guys are difficult to follow doctrinally.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I beleive that the Apostles thought so and that included Paul. now her is why only Sola Scripture should be addressed as the ONLY truth.

read this snippet.

Today we believe a canon of inspired writings is a necessity, but this was not so in the early days of the church. There was a strong oral and apostolic tradition within the early church. As mentioned earlier, the apostles and their associates were the human source of the "word of God" (Acts 4:29-31; 6:2-7; 11:1; 12:24; 13:46; et al.). Many of the early Christians remembered the apostles and their associates' teachings, teachings that were deeply imbedded in their minds. At first unity and lack of controversy within the church meant brethren did not have to constantly turn to a written Word to settle issues. By the middle of the first century, some uninformed individuals caused confusion about the relation of the Mosaic Law and Old Covenant to the Gospel and New Covenant. This issue was addressed by the apostles (Acts, Romans, Galatians, Hebrews, et al.). The apostles' effort largely corrected this problem, and the church was generally unified in doctrine. Also, writing and books were nothing like they are now. Today we generally think that for any idea to be authoritative, it must have come from a book, but this was not so in the early church.

and we see that oral teachings by those other than the Apsotles caused trouble and we now see that on this forum with you catholics believing everything that the vatican tells u

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, what does that have to do with the fact that hahn playing now the part of Jerome was lying to you people.?

at that time James was not a believer unless you didnt know that.and it is very possible that you probably think that he was one of the original 12.

and if hahn did even a little research, he would have known why Jesus gave mary into the care of John, especially since those children were mentioned as being with her one time or another.

guess that he aint no where as intelligent as my big brother. OF COURSE I ALREADY KNEW THAT.

AND IF HIS iq IS 148, HE IS SMARTER THAN ME 2.LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Apostles do you declare that Christ was biologically related to? James the less, James the greater... Jude? Help me out. Maybe I'm missing your doctrine here. You can't blame me Preston, you guys are difficult to follow doctrinally.
AND THERE IN LIES YOUR PROBLEM, i DONT FOLLOW DOCTRINE AND i DOUBT IF CHUCK IS EITHER. WE ARE FOLLOWING THE bIBLE. SO IF YOU WISH TO KNOW IF ANY APOSTLES Were RELATED TO HIM READ YOUR BIBLE AND FIND OUT. I did.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>iF jESUSS WAS WANTING TO SPEAK ABOUT THAT WOMAN BEING THE CHURCH, HE WOULD HAVE SAID SO.
sinc e he started out speaking to the letters to different churches.
so if the rcc believes it is mary, no wonder you people dont know anything about the bible, you allow them to tell you what you think, just like clay showed
Don't tell me, tell your sola scriptura protestant brethren who disagree with you.

Every city "church" is part of THE Church. There is only ONE Church, a concept protestants just can't seem to grasp.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Apostles do you declare that Christ was biologically related to? James the less, James Tthe greater... Jude? Help me out. Maybe I'm missing your doctrine here. You can't blame me Preston, you guys are difficult to follow doctrinally.
OK, I feel sorry for you and to help you leanr some truth, the answer is none of them.

however you tossed in a name that wasnt an apostle but who indeed was the brother of Jesus and that is Jude.

here are the names.

Simon Peter; Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee; John his brother; Philip; Bartholomew; Thomas; Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus; Labbaeus, who was surnamed Thaddaeus; Simon the Cananite; Judas Iscariot, in whose stead came in Matthias.

and the names of the brothers are these.

brothers names were, James, Joses(also spelled joseph), Simon and Judas(also spelled jude and judah, and they are all pronouced the same)so you can see why they might be confused with being different people.

First, I thought it would be interesting to look up a little about Jude. Jude is the English form of the name Judas (loudas), the Greek form of Judah, which literally means “to give thanks, or praise”. The English version of the name is used in most versions of the Bible to disassociate Jude from Judas Iscariot. Most theologians agree that Jude was a half-brother to Jesus, as he was spoken of in Matt. 13:55:“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mothers name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?”

Verse 1:“Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, to those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ:”

The first verse starts out:“Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James”.... It is thought that Jude was probably being humble because he did not believe that his own half-brother, Jesus, was the Messiah during His earthly days (nor did his other brothers - John 7:5).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me, tell your sola scriptura protestant brethren who disagree with you.
Every city "church" is part of THE Church. There is only ONE Church, a concept protestants just can't seem to grasp.
nice try to deflect, I aint talking to them you are the person trying to tell us that it is mary.lol.

have you ever heard of the word [harmonize}? that is what you need to find out who this is relating to and the dream of Joseph is the key to your understanding, not the vatican nor hahn. the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
but that church is not the roman catholic church. the only church is made up of Born Again Chrsitians, no matter where they go to church.

but I do agree that YOUR church is mentioned in the Book of revelation, which is why your church has tried its best to discredit the Book written by john. to a businessman like yourself, the only thing that matters in the bottom line, so you need to figure it out who that church is, the answer is obvious
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay

I'm wondering how many times does Preston have to post something to you before you get it? Post after post after post and you still don't get it.

**And he's right..we don't follow doctrines..
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The net widens.

"LA Catholic Church Abuse Files: Archdiocese Gives Up On Fight To Redact Names."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/la-c...

Jesus did NOT appoint nor does Jesus guide anything related to the RCC.

Jesus has NOTHING to do with the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

Jesus is not behind the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

Jesus would never lend His name to the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

In the Bible, Jesus clearly states what should happen to those behind the largest child sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

This is no way to save souls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive that the Apostles thought so and that included Paul. now her is why only Sola Scripture should be addressed as the ONLY truth.
read this snippet.
Today we believe a canon of inspired writings is a necessity, but this was not so in the early days of the church. There was a strong oral and apostolic tradition within the early church. As mentioned earlier, the apostles and their associates were the human source of the "word of God" (Acts 4:29-31; 6:2-7; 11:1; 12:24; 13:46; et al.). Many of the early Christians remembered the apostles and their associates' teachings, teachings that were deeply imbedded in their minds. At first unity and lack of controversy within the church meant brethren did not have to constantly turn to a written Word to settle issues. By the middle of the first century, some uninformed individuals caused confusion about the relation of the Mosaic Law and Old Covenant to the Gospel and New Covenant. This issue was addressed by the apostles (Acts, Romans, Galatians, Hebrews, et al.). The apostles' effort largely corrected this problem, and the church was generally unified in doctrine. Also, writing and books were nothing like they are now. Today we generally think that for any idea to be authoritative, it must have come from a book, but this was not so in the early church.
and we see that oral teachings by those other than the Apsotles caused trouble and we now see that on this forum with you catholics believing everything that the vatican tells u
John wrote that "as ye have heard that antichrist shall come.... They went out from us" (I John 2:18, 19). After the apostolic times,[God knew these antichrists would question the authority of certain of the writings that did not agree with their ideas, leading to the need to clarify which books were inspired.[AND WE SEE THAT NOW]

The preceding factors no doubt contributed to the apostles' writing the Gospels and Epistles, and the early Christians and church's bringing them together in a canon. But there is another factor. The work of the Holy Spirit was the chief cause of bringing God's Word into a written record. It was His activity working in the ordinary circumstances of the apostles' lives that resulted in the written Word being preserved for all subsequent generations.

The written Word quickly received a place of high significance; those who received it gave it special status because they knew it was the message they heard from the apostles. We have evidence that the written Word was very early placed on the same level as the Old Testament Scriptures. Paul's letters were read in church gatherings with the same authority as Old Testament Scriptures (Col. 4:16. I Thess. 5:27). Peter was aware of Paul's letters to the churches and classed his letter with the Scriptures (II Peter 3:15). John presupposed that his Book of the Revelation would be read as other Scriptures (Rev. 1:3).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is our mother. Those who follow her Son are her offspring.
Don't debate the meaning of this Chuck, you don't have the authority.
and you aint got the brains, it seems. Jesus was never married and so He never had any children,

you people got to tell one lie after another to try and catch up.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 25 min Gee-Tee 8,146
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••