Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637942 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#419496 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboy says.....and you will still be freezing.
Michael says.......you live less than 300 miles from me. We get the same weather as you..........without all the polution "cough" cough!!
poll;ution? where do you get that idea?

I am located many miles from the nearest large city which is Columbus, and we live in the foothills of the Allegheny Mts
MICHAEL

Canada

#419498 Feb 1, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think we should do away with defense attorneys, juries, trials, judges...just scrap the whole judicial system as soon as a priest is accused.
I'll tell you what I would support...if any priest is found guilty of abuse or any bishop of covering for them, after doing time and being laitized, they should be held liable for all of the costs associated with the trial, defense, prosecution, pay full resititution to the victims, work off their civil judgements in soup lines, cleaning hospitals, etc. How 'bout that?
Anthony says....

....So you think we should do away with defense attorneys, juries, trials, judges...just scrap the whole judicial system as soon as a priest is accused.

Michael says.....NO! Let them pay for their own defense teams. The clergy receive salarys, benefits, stipends, pensions, room and board, they don't have a wife or children to support, its all for themselves.

..... They are not children, they should pay their own way just like you and I do. Why does the church look after the needs of priests like they are helpless children everytime they fall down?

CONTROL! that is the answer.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#419499 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had a "happy moment" in your life?
....You hate protestants, you tell us so. You hate non christains, you tell us so. You hate the national catholic news reporter, you hate the 47,000 nuns in america, you hate the new catholic priest ASSOCIATION and its priest members, you hate president Obama,
.......that just leaves you, and you probably hate yourself.
It amazes me how "bitter and angry" of a "condemning and hostile" life that you lead, when it comes to "persistently" attacking the Catholic Church. The fact is Michael, I don't hate (anyone), not you, confrinting, Orville, justachristian, jethro or any other person who spreads their anti-catholic exaggerated distortion, lies and deceit. We, as Catholics will "leave the hate" to "you and those Protestants, agnostics or atheists, who in their own frustration, are living lives of the "bondage" of wrath and extreme anger!! Interesting to see "how you deal" with it: and what caliber of gun do you plan to use when "nothing" seems to be going your way"!!!!
MICHAEL

Canada

#419500 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>poll;ution? where do you get that idea?
I am located many miles from the nearest large city which is Columbus, and we live in the foothills of the Allegheny Mts
Consider yourself lucky if you live near the mountains. Stay put!

Everyone who farts in Ohio/Pennsylvania we smell it two days later, as it comes right up the ohio valley into Penn/Ny state then across lake erie to Ontario. Disgusting.

.....again in the summer we have 95-100 degree days. I think where Anthony lives they still have snow banked up in mall parking lots from 2009.

MICHAEL

Canada

#419501 Feb 1, 2013
ohnonothimagain wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for the points being made again-as I said I didn't look at all of the posts. My apologizes. I thought that it was a good day to put in my 2 cents worth.
No apology necessary.

......I left the RCC 14 years ago, and I made the right decision. I don't belong to any religious group, but I stand up for the mistreated and bullied people.

Everyone on this forum has an opinion, but you will quickly learn that the right wing, apologist, ultra conservative catholics on this forum believe God loves them more than everyone else.

Stick around you will see them in action.
MICHAEL

Canada

#419502 Feb 1, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
as i expected,hjo,regina,clay and anthony did not answer my question,if one of their children was molested by a priest,would they still be here defending the catholic church like they are? WHY NO ANSWER PEOPLE!?
They are afraid to answer. Why? Because catholics cannot seperate God, from their church and clergy. Its a bundle. If you blame a priest for something, you are blaming God. If you say something negative about their church, you hate God.

See how the church controls their very lives?

If there is an all loving God and he is keeping score of good/bad deeds, we have very little to worry about. Until I see evidence of God, I will just keep living my life the way I always have.
LTM

Schreiber, Canada

#419503 Feb 1, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Why do you hold onto, and keep copying rewritten old commentaries that perpetuate such inaccuracies?
Try liberating your mind with the Truth....
All the Catholics on here have rehashed this with you....And you rely on commentaries within commentaires written by biased sources....Its absurd to read them....
Try the freedom of Christ's mind to engage your own mind in the Truth.
How this
John was born in Bethsaida on the Sea of Galilee.the son of Zebedee (Matthew 4:21) and Salome, who was apparently the sister of Mary, Jesus' mother. Compare the following two verses:

Mark 15:40 - There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

John 19:25 - Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

If Mary and Salome were sisters, John the Apostle and Jesus were first cousins. This would make him related to John the Baptist whose mother was Mary's cousin Elisabeth, see the story in Luke 1.

John was also the brother of James the Greater. Together they were often called after their father "the sons of Zebedee" and received from Christ the honorable title of Boanerges, i.e. "sons of thunder" (Mark 3:17).

MICHAEL

Canada

#419504 Feb 1, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Your ontologiclly different Jesus, than the orthodox view, is about the same as the Jehovah Witnesses archangel being Jesus....The rest of what you wrote is basically heretical imaginings of the mind, that fill in the gaps of your lack of understanding(of Jesus)and of the Bible....
How can you tell anyone with certainty that all that is written in the bible is true?

A bunch of sunday fishermen all of a sudden become scholars in writing stories of customs, traditions that were told by others over 1,000 years before.

Baptisms, demons, spirits, man/sky god, virgin births, holy meals, trinities, human/animal sacrifices, eternal salvation, all taught centuries before Jesus was a twinkle in the eye of St Paul.

thats not good!

MICHAEL

Canada

#419505 Feb 1, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Try garlic. It works wonders!
Garlic Man says.....

...Try garlic. It works wonders!

Michael says.......Ask your wife to kiss you first thing in the morning when you roll out of bed after an evening of garlic chomping. She probably has her undershirt pulled up over her face so she can breathe.
MICHAEL

Canada

#419506 Feb 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me how "bitter and angry" of a "condemning and hostile" life that you lead, when it comes to "persistently" attacking the Catholic Church. The fact is Michael, I don't hate (anyone), not you, confrinting, Orville, justachristian, jethro or any other person who spreads their anti-catholic exaggerated distortion, lies and deceit. We, as Catholics will "leave the hate" to "you and those Protestants, agnostics or atheists, who in their own frustration, are living lives of the "bondage" of wrath and extreme anger!! Interesting to see "how you deal" with it: and what caliber of gun do you plan to use when "nothing" seems to be going your way"!!!!
Hojo says.

...."nothing" seems to be going your way"!!!!

Michael says.....EVERYTHING is going my way, that is what bothers you.

......When I tell you I have a loving family,grand children, perfect health, investments, no bills and I love life..........and YOU CAN'T STAND IT! because you think because I am not catholic I don't deserve to live this good.(lol)

I have never fired a gun or owned a gun. So put your gun away before you shoot yourself in the foot again.

Sorry HOJO!
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

#419507 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you tell anyone with certainty that all that is written in the bible is true?
A bunch of sunday fishermen all of a sudden become scholars in writing stories of customs, traditions that were told by others over 1,000 years before.
Baptisms, demons, spirits, man/sky god, virgin births, holy meals, trinities, human/animal sacrifices, eternal salvation, all taught centuries before Jesus was a twinkle in the eye of St Paul.
thats not good!
You may have overlooked...
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/l...

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#419508 Feb 1, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand why you are so befuddled, your church leaders have deceived you and you want to blame someone other than them, so you blame me.
Any pedophile priest or bishop, has, is or either will be (and should be) prosecuted and jailed (if found guilty) for their actions. Like I said before, the 2% of sexual preditors, who -by their actions, have discredited the Catholic faith and the teachings of the Church---"do not represent" the TRUTH of Doctrine that the Church teaches regarding sin. I don't base my Catholic faith on the ACTIONS of a few "fallen away priests". I base my Catholic faith on the TRUTH of the Catholic Church teaching the TRUTH!! AGAIN--you can do what you want! It's your choice, "atheists, agnostic or whatever you are!!-----And furthermore--- NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY--- Michael, in your beligerence and hostility against the Catholic Church, it is not (in any way) going to change the faith and commitment to Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church--(of any Catholic here on this forum or any of the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. Your wasting your time with you exaggerated "National Inquirer" type anti-catholic "trash articles"! Just like the 2% of the pedophile priests-- DO NOT represent the TRUE teachings of the Church, NEITHER do your, Catholic "liberals protestors who are nothing more than a few (on-their-way out) emancipated so-called Catholics--NEITHER do they represent the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church.

They are UNBELIEVABLE and DOUBLE BUSTED ex-Catholics who need to go down the street and join the nearest Protestant Church that will tell them "exactly what they want hear"!!! about Abortion, Gay Marriage, emnbroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, women ministers, homosexual 'political correctness and God only knows whats next "whichever way the next political (wind blows)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#419509 Feb 1, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
How many times have you repeated this.....At least a dozen, maybe two dozen now?
Are you able to converse?
"If your obsessions and compulsions are affecting your life, see your doctor or mental health provider. People with OCD may be ashamed and embarrassed about the condition. But even if your rituals are deeply ingrained, treatment can help."
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obsessive-co...
The truth is the truth...is worth repeating....is non-refutable...as you so have so well shown!!!!

375 258

Only a Catholic can deny the truth when it is staring him straight in the face!!!!
Clone

Overland Park, KS

#419510 Feb 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION
Superior! TO WHAT...
YEP
FIRST IN LIES
FIRST IN DECEIT
FIRST IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.... TORTURE,MURDER, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
FIRST IN CHILD MOLESTATION AND SEXUAL PERVERSION.
FIRST IN ATTEMPTING TO MONOPOLIZE AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE UPON THE
SACRIFICE OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS THAT GIVES THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION TO WHOSO EVER WILL BELIEVE UPON HIM AND ACCEPT JEUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR
WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS..TO EVER MAN...THAT HAS EVER LIVED ON EARTH ON EARTH
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 ==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. < ==
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 ==> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.<==
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Im sorry, you never answered the qusetion, "Who made God?" Ma and Pa Gods?

Location hidden

#419511 Feb 1, 2013
And it goes on and on and on and on.......

LOS ANGELES (AP)— Cardinal Roger Mahony, who retired with a tainted career after dodging criminal charges over how he handled pedophile priests, was stripped of his archdiocese duties in an unprecedented move by his successor, who described the actions by abusive priests described in the files as evil.

It wasn't clear whether the Vatican supported Archbishop Jose Gomez's decision to publicly criticize a fellow priest and colleague. The announcement was seen as long overdue by victims and surprising to church experts who said it was unusual for an archbishop to take action against a higher up.

The move came as the church was legally forced to release thousands of confidential files on pedophile priests — and two weeks after other long-secret priest personnel records showed Mahony worked with top aides to protect the church from the engulfing scandal.

One of those aides, then-Monsignor Thomas Curry stepped down Thursday as auxiliary bishop in the Los Angeles archdiocese's Santa Barbara region. Gomez said Mahony, 76, would no longer have administrative or public duties in the diocese. It didn't appear that Gomez's actions would affect Mahony's position in Rome, where he can remain for another four years on a counsel that selects the Pope.

"I find these files to be brutal and painful reading," Gomez said in a statement, referring to 12,000 pages of files the church posted online Thursday night just hours after a judge's order. "The behavior described in these files is terribly sad and evil. There is no excuse, no explaining away what happened to these children."

Location hidden

#419512 Feb 1, 2013
And on and on...

IRELAND
Irish Times

JOANNE HUNT

Legal proceedings have begun against an Irish missionary priest alleged to have abused an African student at a Spiritan-run school in Sierra Leone.

Elvis Kuteh alleges the priest abused him in the late 1970s when he was a pupil of a school run by the Holy Ghost Fathers, now the Spiritans.

Mr Kuteh, who is in his 40s, now lives in the UK. His solicitor, Michael E Hanahoe and Co, has 12 months in which to serve the summons on the defendant.

If the case proceeds, this will be the first time an African will have abuse allegations against an Irish missionary priest heard in Ireland.

Abuse campaigner Mark Vincent Healy, who is supporting Mr Kuteh’s case, said the case was being brought under the Brussels Convention.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#419513 Feb 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is the truth...is worth repeating....is non-refutable...as you so have so well shown!!!!
375 258
Only a Catholic can deny the truth when it is staring him straight in the face!!!!
and what is ironic is that now robert F, a luke warm catholic, has now become their main voice of unreason.
robert has joined probably 5 different types of religious organizations in the last 10 years or so.

and probably soon, robert f will show the world how much he loves the catholic church and its truths by participating in self immolation, which would be comparable to the devotion that old iggie showed when he wanted to be killed, even tho he was afraid of those leopards. He wanted to die but he was afraid to be killed. go figure!

Location hidden

#419514 Feb 1, 2013
513 488 375 258
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and what is ironic is that now robert F, a luke warm catholic, has now become their main voice of unreason.
robert has joined probably 5 different types of religious organizations in the last 10 years or so.
and probably soon, robert f will show the world how much he loves the catholic church and its truths by participating in self immolation, which would be comparable to the devotion that old iggie showed when he wanted to be killed, even tho he was afraid of those leopards. He wanted to die but he was afraid to be killed. go figure!
I would not recommend leopards....there are many easier routes to take!!!!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#419515 Feb 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and what is ironic is that now robert F, a luke warm catholic, has now become their main voice of unreason.
Let me get this straight: Saint Ignatius, Disciple of the Apostle John, author of some very early Christian teachings, was arrested for being linked to the Apostles.(He was ordained a Bishop by John)
While en route to his execution, he penned a series of important writings, that the church still has to this day... One of them, he wrote asking his followers to not intervene as he went to the beasts, because he understood the cause he was dying for!

Fast forward to the 20th century. A man named Preston says his grandpa died; went to Heaven and spoke verbally to Jesus and the Apostles. Then, his grandpa came back to Earth to tell Preston that God had a big plan for him. He is to preach the New Testament. Because, since it wasn't available til the 15th century, people are confused to what Christ really wanted.
But that's not the funny part...

The funny part is: Preston calls Saint Ignatius a kook!!!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#419516 Feb 1, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but Mary was not embarrased of her son.
She knew before hand who he was.
Luke
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Mark 8:38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."
Nothing worse than a SDA or a Jehovah telling everyone what the Bible is sayin.

Get in line with the 42,000 other Prestons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 53 min Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web