Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,196)

Showing posts 403,901 - 403,920 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians/Saints..at least you get it Regina. Fact is saints are not dead there are alive and well. Thanks for jumping on board.
You can call yourselves Christian if you want, but the earliest Christians would not have.

Yes, the saints are alive and well, that's why we ask for their prayers and intercessions.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you're right...I was WAYYYYY off. lol
No, you were just wrong.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--excellent addition! It continues to spell out the TRUTH that we as Catholics all know, believe, follow and adhere to------ AND that bible only Protestants "willfully, defiantly, rebelliously and ignorantly (reject)"!!!!
You may have missed this...

"Toward unity

820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us,... so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279

821 Certain things are required in order to respond adequately to this call:

- a permanent renewal of the Church in greater fidelity to her vocation; such renewal is the driving-force of the movement toward unity;280

- conversion of heart as the faithful "try to live holier lives according to the Gospel";281 for it is the unfaithfulness of the members to Christ's gift which causes divisions;

- prayer in common, because "change of heart and holiness of life, along with public and private prayer for the unity of Christians, should be regarded as the soul of the whole ecumenical movement, and merits the name 'spiritual ecumenism;"'282

- fraternal knowledge of each other;283

- ecumenical formation of the faithful and especially of priests;284

- dialogue among theologians and meetings among Christians of the different churches and communities;285

- collaboration among Christians in various areas of service to mankind.286 "Human service" is the idiomatic phrase.

822 Concern for achieving unity "involves the whole Church, faithful and clergy alike."287 But we must realize "that this holy objective - the reconciliation of all Christians in the unity of the one and only Church of Christ - transcends human powers and gifts." That is why we place all our hope "in the prayer of Christ for the Church, in the love of the Father for us, and in the power of the Holy Spirit."288 "
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm

Make Charity not Division...
or
"make love not war"
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call yourselves Christian if you want, but the earliest Christians would not have.
Yes, the saints are alive and well, that's why we ask for their prayers and intercessions.
I really don't care what I'm called or not called unless it's by God. He says that I am a Christian because of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Alive and well meaning Paul refers to all Christians even today. But please don't pray to me Tony...pray to God alone.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what I'm called or not called unless it's by God. He says that I am a Christian because of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
Alive and well meaning Paul refers to all Christians even today. But please don't pray to me Tony...pray to God alone.
He doesn't say anything about you in the bible. The Christians the bible refers to were part of the Church 2000 years ago, and that Church exists today called the Catholic Church. Again, St. Paul held different beliefs than you. All you can do is speculate that he would have considered you a Christian. And we know what he said about folks who didn't believe as he and the Church did.

I will pray FOR you to Jesus and ask the saints to pray to Him on your behalf for your conversion. I hope you don't mind.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Jesus is the one who decides who is a saint.
Your response is just as bad as the Protestants.

jesus can't make any decisions - please remember, Jesus is dead and has no voice in your religion.

Why do you have to make such untrue, unfounded statements?

Oh yeah, that is right, you refuse to use honesty.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
ROMANS 10: YOU SHOULD READ IT ANTHONY, ITS CLEAR WHAT IT SAYS.
I AM INTERPRETING NOTHING. ITS FROM THE HOLY SCRIPTURE IT IS MEANT FOR US TO READ GOD WANTS YOU TO READ IT.
if anything, "Paul" or "God" isn't demanding anyone to read it, but you sure are.

Prove to the forum that "God" said for us to read the Bible.

You do have a specific statement from "God" to Moses, right?

Or are you going to make things up, like your co-patriots, and go into some wild-eyed tangent? Please don't.

Just post the citation to where "God" is saying to all of mankind to read the Bible.

I'll wait.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Only saints are in heaven.
Making things up again Anthony?

But of course, you don't have any proof, but will announce it from the mountaintops it is true anyhow.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Jesus is the one who decides who is a saint.
Sounds like all saints, or so-called, that became such after Jesus died, aren't really saints after all then, huh?

....but only in the eyes of men they are.

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the body???
He hadn't died on the cross yet???
We (Christians) are to proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
Gospel = the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ....
We cannot have communion with Christ until we are in union with Christ.
a. Hold first finger out by iteslf in front of closed mouth.

b. Place side of finger next to lips.

c. In an up and down motion, move your finger over your lips.

This is how I see you and your "explanation".

You look like a top spinning. The finger just adds to the delusion.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not the authority, regardless of any personal revelations you say you received, to declare the truth or non-truth of Catholic teaching.
Well considering "Catholic teaching" is so unfounded, your religion has no authority at all.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, every day when I sit down to supper, and say grace over the food, I remember Jesus. I remember He is the son of God , I remember Jesus died for this sinner, and I am so grateful for what He did.
When I lay on my bed at night and Pray, and give God thanks for everything, I remember Jesus is my Redeemer.
I have Bibles through out the house, if one chooses to read one.
Yes even a catholic Bible Rob.
I have believed in a God since I was 3, I don't have pictures suppositly of mary or Jesus , nor any plaster statues to remind me that there is a God.
I have gone periods not reading the Bible, then slowing I get a longing to read the word, a hunger is more like it.
There isn't one person who has truly been born again, forgets God and the gift of Grace and Mercy in their life.
We are God's we belong to Him, His spirit persues us , He never leaves nor forsakens us.
A picture or statue how little you think of God if you need them to remember Him. And to make Him so small, you think He is in a wafer because the catholic church says so.
'MY GOD IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF ISRAEL THE GREAT I AM'
HE REMINDS ME; WHO HE IS,
THE HEAVENS DECLARE THE GLORY OF THE LORD.
LTM

Those seeking God, generally have dry periods in their spiritual life. I see it as not so much a test, but as a reminder of a faith that is strengthened by the Grace of God.

The obligation of the servant, or creature of God is not paid or repaid. The debt of sin remains even in the smallest forgetting of humanity upon its Creator and Sustainer. And is only accepted by God through Jesus Christ.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's protestants are not the recipients of the letters written by St. Paul. Much as you all want to put yourselves in their place, it cannot be done because you have seperated yourselves from the Church. He would not have considered you part of this or any other Christian community to whom he was preaching and teaching.
No - you are incorrect.

Many Protestants are part of the so-called "Church".

Since you don't get to decide who is and who isn't, you may want to stop saying that you do or what happened to an individual.

Fact - the so-called "Church" has only been defined by men - not "God" or Jesus - and especially not "Anthony".

But your arrogance always seems to get the best of you on this topic, huh?

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not.
Concern yourself with learning protestantism and quit telling Catholics what we are taught and believe.
Why should anyone do as you say/ask?

You do the same to them.
- i.e. "since you separated from the Church...." / "you believe in OSAS" / etc...etc....etc....

SOunds like the apple didn't fall too far fromt he tree after all, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:

These have got to be the most ridiculous people I've ever encountered. They're lunatics who are actually informing their faith from the INTERNET of all places!!! Two of them are recommending in on this page alone! LOL!!!
They blatantly admit it, with no shame whatsoever....absolutely 100 percent, whacked out, absurd! And we're arguing with that stupidity??!! Ignorance of that kind can never be penetrated...never, ever, never. No wonder most of us just sit back and laugh at them anymore!

New Agbe writes:

I say the same thing everyday about Catholics. Huh, imagine that - Protestants and Catholics and their inability to follow Jesus, but will follow any Tom, Dick or Harry who some other man said was "good to read".

*sighs*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And now I agree with you, Robert. This is pretty much my thinking on the matter also. Pride, envy, a need to justify and rationalize what they believe based solely on the destruction of what they know to be the truth but are too proud to admit (there's that pride again), and of course the abject ignorance. If I'm not mistaken, this is the recipe for bigotry.
I know I've been grossly unkind lately, and that's something I have to work on, but more than anything I detest their lies. It's too unconscionable. We are called to defend the faith and the Church because they are of God, but you're correct in that nothing will change especially after all this time. It does keep one on their toes though, lol! And it's certainly been an eye-opener at the audacity of some people to call themselves Christians. I had no idea protestants were such hateful people!!
Their behavior here is causing me to feel some prejudice toward all protestants now, and that's not good. I wonder if these people are proud of their witness at turning people off?
ReginaM
Peace

I think there is a need for reflection on our own shortcomings here. After all no one is perfect in their knowledge and understanding.

There hasn't been much of a dialogue here on the virtues....So I think the opposite happens...,the vices come out. lol At least in this way, we can keep on our toes....

What is interesting to me is the mantra of the same argument by the same people. It seems the more they say it, the more they believe it. There is no way to break the concrete, using reason and faith....Anyway it is the fallacy of repetition. It would be interesting if a "new" angle to their argument could at least add some legetimacy to it....(Or at least some real facts.)

The one I laugh at the most is "millions and millions"...., I just wonder when it will be trillions and trillions....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM, Robert is not the ROB who is a priest. Robert is a shake and bake catholic. today he is a catholic, tomorrow who knows?
many times the catholics on here welcome him back into their fold. as he comes and he goes. he has no foundation to become a Christian so he stays a luke warm catholic.
robert just likes to argue.
preston

No. I like a resolution to differences, but greater still I prefer being a peacemaker.

I bring things up to you in a rather direct manner, not as a belligerent, rather that it might give you pause and insight.

At your service..., as a part of the shared common priesthood.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>i am not the least surprised because you are offended. you, clay and anthony have been given BIBLE VERSES to read and ponder on.
[And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.]
it is a shame that catholics are offended by the Word of God.
but sad to say, when I defend the Word of God(NOT MY CHURCH), you catholics turn on me like vultures.
and I am not interested in what Robert says.matthew 13:21 fits robert to a tee.
preston

I know....

I Cor 13:

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM, Robert is not the ROB who is a priest. Robert is a shake and bake catholic. today he is a catholic, tomorrow who knows?
many times the catholics on here welcome him back into their fold. as he comes and he goes. he has no foundation to become a Christian so he stays a luke warm catholic.
robert just likes to argue.
preston

Here is the problem. I directly challenge your authority using scripture and reason. And you have no fall-back position. This makes me someone "superfluous" in your site. In that way you can dismiss me.... My Christian calling came in 1972.

lol...Luke warm....As if I didn't see what you were trying to do....That was a rather indirect low blow....Hmmm. Just to obvious for me to let it pass.

If I speak of encounters with Jesus, then there is an equation in which you see yourself with God, and speak for God. I am not against this. Rather I question you when you are wrong, and go astray.

If you are an adept speaker and can "read" the crowd in your worship space, this does not make you a speaker for God. It means that you understand some things on human nature. And you have understanding of some things in the Bible(being at it for so long), yet this does not make you correct in either case.

There is no proof you can offer except that of being led by the Spirit, and even that can be counterfeited.

You talk a rather proudful game, and ask to debate your scriptural interpretations. And when I do you dismiss them....It is part of the inherent weakness of your position now....

I am quite zealous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here Robert!.....Protestants are "ingrainly stuck" on the same anti-catholic judgmental questions-(-that have been refuted, proven erroneous, and scripturally validated (or disproved (depending on the their ridiculous assertions) over and over again!!!! i.e Infant Baptism, the eucharist, Jesus' visible Church, confession, Church tradition, Bible Only, True Sacred Church History, biblical interpretation, Apostolic Succession, Matthew 16, Primacy of Peter (Petros vs lithos), Mary, the Rosary, Salvation (faith & works) Early Church Fathers, Sin, Abuse, and on and on and on......When one subject after another is refuted by the TRUTH of the bible, the TRUE teachings of the Church or by TRUE Church History (they start all over again, with the same old "merry-go-round" (distorted trash comments) attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic, with the same "heretical" Protestant propaganda. Like I have told you before (as an ex-protestant---discussion, arguments, deliberation, or debate, is a "total waste of time". There is "not one" bible only protestant, that is on this forum to learn ANYTHING regarding the TRUTH of what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches from the Bible, Church tradition, the True Words of Jesus (himself) or the TRUE teachings of the Church.
There only purpose here is to ATTACK the TRUTH of the bible, Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.----I just speak the Truth--let is go at that and pray for their hostile, vengeful, bitter anti-catholic hearts, minds and souls........ Continue to remain strong and committed in the Biblical and historical TRUTH of your Catholic-Christian Faith Robert F.--Gods Blessing!
hojo
peace

I think there is a two point approach to the hostility.

First the older denominations have embedded in them every non-Catholic interpretation which can be imagined within their doctrines. For the most part these denominations have lost so many people, and doctrines watered down over the last couple of centuries, that they have little left except their opposition to the RCC....More or less they are on a permanent decline now....

Secondly, these have passed on to the newer reformed and evangelical movements their opposition to the RCC. But these have a problem. They are so "end-times" oriented, that they will last only a couple of generations before they lose steam, or they will have to reiorient their doctrine. In so doing. The RCC will not be the "Beast"..., and all their doctrine.

Most of the non-Catholic Christians on here fall into this second movement. And you know they are fanatical, and are getting mad at God for not having the "end-times" already. So this only furthers their fury at the RCC, as it rides out this man-made prophecy....The solution is to inform them little by little. They just can't take the whole truth at one time....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,901 - 403,920 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••