Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,195)

Showing posts 403,881 - 403,900 of529,756
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> here's one source:
USATODAY.com - Pope meant no insult to Islam, Vatican says
Pope Benedict XVI did not intend to offend Muslims when he spoke about holy war during his recent pilgrimage to Germany, the Vatican said Thursday. The ...
usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../2006-09-14-&#... - Cached
another source:.BBC NEWS | Europe | Pope'meant no offence' to Islam
The Vatican says the Pope did not intend to offend Muslims, after he is accused of anti-Islamic remarks. Home. News. Sport.... and that clearly includes Islam."
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/534 9578.stm one more source:
Nazareth Islamist To Insult Pope - Inside Israel - News ...
Radical Muslims who live in Nazareth are not pleased at the prospect of a visit from the Pope, and have prepared a special insult for ... the founder of Islam as ...
www.israelnationalnews.com/News/&#8203;Ne... JETHRO: I would consider these reliable sources of truth,of course i expect it to be denied by catholics because it makes the church look bad,BUT if it was a possitive story of the church,catholics would embrace it.
None of your links work. But I Googled it, and as expected you and your team didn't tell the whole truth.
The incident you're trying to recycle, happened 7 yrs ago, the Pope was quoting a 14th century Emperor. Its not news anymore.
Regardless, the Pope would be correct in condemning Jihad
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
A notorious Muslim extremist told a demonstration in London yesterday that the Pope should face execution.
Anjem Choudary said those who insulted Islam would be "subject to capital punishment".
His remarks came during a protest outside Westminster Cathedral on a day that worldwide anger among Muslim hardliners towards Pope Benedict XVI appeared to deepen.
his words were taken to mean that he called the prophet Mohammed "evil and inhuman".
He insisted he was "deeply sorry" but his humbling words did not go far enough to silence all his critics or quell the violence and anger he has triggered.
A nun was shot dead in Somalia by Islamic gunmen and churches came under attack in Palestine.
Choudary's appeal for the death of Pope Benedict was the second time he has been linked with apparent incitement to murder within a year.
dailynewsuk online news:at 12:33 18 September 2006
came across this for you to read CLAY,the story is factual,it did happen awhie ago,but unfortunately for the church,muslims do not forget.
Shame on you for attempting to stir the pot on old news. And yeah, Muslims did forget. Even though they can be ignorant at times, the leaders - once they heard the whole story - acknowledged the Pope is not an enemy.
You would love a Holy War to break out so you can see the Church get toppled.
Ha, only in your twisted bigoted mind.
The CC is not going anywhere. Truth is truth.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:You were not in Ephesus when St. Paul wote these words.
JAC wrote: So you are claiming you WERE? Boy, you ARE old...
How about it Tony??? How was life with out TV and computers??? What did you use instead of toilet tissue???!!!!
That's a darn good question!! They didn't have Sears and Roebuck in them thar days either!:)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But why do you think the Book of Revelation along with Daniel is Sacred Scripture?
We know most Jewish sects (but not all) considered the Book of Daniel as sacred scripture.
Who said the book of Revelation is sacred Scripture?
THE BIBLE GOD GAVE US SAYS SO.
"For all scripture is God-breathed...."
What part of this do you fail to understand?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your links work. But I Googled it, and as expected you and your team didn't tell the whole truth.
The incident you're trying to recycle, happened 7 yrs ago, the Pope was quoting a 14th century Emperor. Its not news anymore.
Regardless, the Pope would be correct in condemning Jihad
Clay, our genius friend jethro has no clue. I suppose in bizzaro world jethro would be brilliant and the pope stupid.

Yes, he did quote from a 14th century emperor and in the context of a speech on religious violence and the need for peaceful dialogue. But don't let the fool jethro fool you, he would love the muslims to do a jihad on the pope.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remove the "Catholic" from your name. You are anything but.
Please explain yourself.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
In HEAVEN? yet you make great doctrine that MARY was assumed into Heaven as if it was not the usual to go to Heaven at death!
Jesus will come to Earth to RESSURECT the dead in Christ to take them to Heaven.
THAT'S WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS!
Or are you speakng form a POST Second coming perspective?
It is not the usual as stated in your statement. The Assumption of the Blessed Mother is celebrated Aug. 15th. Mary is the only body besides her son that was assumed into Heaven at her death. the rest of us must wait for Jesus to to resurrect us when He comes again. Until that day we are asleep.
This is what's taught to us catholics as it is written, somewhere in that big book.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation confirms Daniel's prophecies of the four beast and what was to come also in the future. Therefore we know it to be the inspired word of God by his Apostle John.
It reveals the Harlot RCC and it's anti-christ system.
That's a poor argument. Revelation was written long after the Book of Daniel. And John was well schooled in the Hebrew Books and knew Daniels prophecies already. So to say Revelation is legit because it 'confirms' Daniels Prophecies is pointless when looked at in an unbiased analytical view.
I say Revelation belongs in the Bible because the Church that Christ started, put the Book in there with the authority given to them by Jesus Christ.

And I also say you and other SDA, Evangelicals and Jehovah's are guilty of adding to the prophecies of John. You make a completely foolish ignorant assumption that the RCC is the anti Christ system that John supposedly speaks of.
You ignore his warning of adding to the Book. You do this with boldness and disregard for your salvation.
The RCC PUT REVELATION INTO THE BIBLE 60 yrs AFTER CONSTANTINE. A ROMAN CATHOLIC POPE SIGNED OFF ON THE CANON, THUS MAKING IT BIBLICAL.
I'm not angry...just want to make it clear to you..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the only body besides her son that was assumed into Heaven at her death.
Can you give me the book and chapter so I can read about it.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>this is part of the church,that followers like to sweep under the rug,shame on you for bringing the truth to the forefront. your going to hell you know,telling the truth is against catholic tradition.
Hy Jethro.

....Catholics will swear up and down that what men wrote 2,000 years ago is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but when men just 500 years ago claim corruption was rampant in their church, they don't believe a word any of them said.

....Every catholic priest/bishop who has been charged with sexually abusing a child, had much of their legal defense budget paid for by the followers of the church. Catholics who put money in the collection baskets in church financially support criminal clergy.

I have yet to hear a catholic say, I am with holding my collection money until every last scoundral has been charged/arrested.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me the book and chapter so I can read about it.
As soon as you give me the book, chapter and verse that says we're are justified by faith alone, where it teaches bible alone and gives us the table of contents for the bible.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, our genius friend jethro has no clue. I suppose in bizzaro world jethro would be brilliant and the pope stupid.
Yes, he did quote from a 14th century emperor and in the context of a speech on religious violence and the need for peaceful dialogue. But don't let the fool jethro fool you, he would love the muslims to do a jihad on the pope.
...As you know Anthony, without the followers the catholic church would have no financial resources. No money, to pay the bills.

...Every catholic priest/bishop who was arrested and charged for Sexually molesting a child, has much of their legal defense costs paid for by the followers of the church. Doesn't that make you feel good? In a way of speaking, devout catholics are sitting behind the abusive priest and his defense team in court, supporting him financially.

Aren't you proud of that? Take a big bow ANTHONY!

Where is your voice of anger, as to why church collection money is supporting criminal and unlawful behavior?........ SILENCE!

..I bring the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you give me the book, chapter and verse that says we're are justified by faith alone, where it teaches bible alone and gives us the table of contents for the bible.
Sure

Justified - made righteous in the sight of God.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.

**Don't debate the passage I gave Tony. Just give me the same for the assumption of Mary just like you said you would.thanks
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hy Jethro.
....Catholics will swear up and down that what men wrote 2,000 years ago is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but when men just 500 years ago claim corruption was rampant in their church, they don't believe a word any of them said.
....Every catholic priest/bishop who has been charged with sexually abusing a child, had much of their legal defense budget paid for by the followers of the church. Catholics who put money in the collection baskets in church financially support criminal clergy.
I have yet to hear a catholic say, I am with holding my collection money until every last scoundral has been charged/arrested.
I've said it many times, charge them, arrest them, put them in jail, that's where they belong.

So why haven't the police and prosecutors done that? Shouldn't your beef be with the authorities?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catholics do not believe in soul sleep!

The False Doctrine of "Soul Sleep" and Prayers To, For, and From the Dead: the Biblical Evidence Confirms Catholic Belief

Consciousness after death is clearly taught in Scripture. For example: the soul is described as a separate entity from the body:
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/11/false-...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the usual as stated in your statement. The Assumption of the Blessed Mother is celebrated Aug. 15th. Mary is the only body besides her son that was assumed into Heaven at her death. the rest of us must wait for Jesus to to resurrect us when He comes again. Until that day we are asleep.
This is what's taught to us catholics as it is written, somewhere in that big book.
Catholic girl says..

....This is what's taught to us catholics as it is written, somewhere in that big book.

Michael says......and MOST others in our big world don't believe that, and their big books say so.

..Imagine if by chance you were born into a loving Muslim family, instead of by CHANCE into a catholic family. You would be on this forum telling us your love for Allah. Right?

Interesting that what location in the world more often than not determines what God you worship.

Culture, and your GPS location, is more of a determining factor of what God you worship.

Isn't our world great??

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe.
**Don't debate the passage I gave Tony. Just give me the same for the assumption of Mary just like you said you would.thanks
Amen

Ephesians 2:8-9

King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
----------
1 Thessalonians 2:13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.
----------
Hebrews 4:2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure
No mention of justification by faith ALONE, or verses saying bible alone or the inspired table of contents. Anyway....

"And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars."

"Arise, O Lord, into your resting place: you and the ark, which you have sanctified."

Don't debate the passages I gave Chuck, you don't have the authority.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>That is why one is to stay with what is stated clearly and not twist the obscure to their destruction. Study to show thyself approved. The Url presented in no way contridicted other scripture in Gods word on the subject.
Catholic rock says......

...That is why one is to stay with what is stated.

Michael says......Catholics claim that Jesus was an only child, and his mother an ever virgin, yet St Paul says........James was the BROTHER of the Lord.

Does anyone in any authority really know? NO!

http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/people...

A religious group can spin a story anyway they want it to be understood, even if it means hammering a square peg into a round hole, to make it fit.

I say ...BUSTED!

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that you were more intelligent than that or else you think that I am that dumb.
the letter to the Church at Roma was much later than the First Church at jerusalem was formed and even wiki proves that you are wrong.
sorry Reg, but it is impossible to prove that a lie is the truth.
The most probable ancient account of the beginning of Christianity in Rome is given by a 4th century writer known as Ambrosiaster:[14]
It is established that there were Jews living in Rome in the times of the Apostles, and that those Jews who had believed [in Christ] passed on to the Romans the tradition that they ought to profess Christ but keep the law [Torah] One ought not to condemn the Romans, but to praise their faith, because without seeing any signs or miracles and without seeing any of the apostles, they nevertheless accepted faith in Christ, although according to a Jewish rite.[15]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_the_R...
AND SOMETIMES WE CRISTIANS HAVE TO SHOW YOU A LINK SINCE YOU DONT WISH TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRUTH
Preston , they don't read anything we post.
Even scripture we post, they call a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,881 - 403,900 of529,756
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••