Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,676
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Nov 08

usa

#419133 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard of the Pope saying anything like that. It might be one of those news stories that Michael finds all the time.
Also, Muslims can't bring down the Church either. They've tried before. If the gates of hell can't bring it down, then no group on Earth won't either.
here's one source:
USATODAY.com - Pope meant no insult to Islam, Vatican says
Pope Benedict XVI did not intend to offend Muslims when he spoke about holy war during his recent pilgrimage to Germany, the Vatican said Thursday. The ...
usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../2006-09-14-&#... - Cached

another source:.BBC NEWS | Europe | Pope'meant no offence' to Islam
The Vatican says the Pope did not intend to offend Muslims, after he is accused of anti-Islamic remarks. Home. News. Sport.... and that clearly includes Islam."
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/534 9578.stm one more source:
Nazareth Islamist To Insult Pope - Inside Israel - News ...
Radical Muslims who live in Nazareth are not pleased at the prospect of a visit from the Pope, and have prepared a special insult for ... the founder of Islam as ...
www.israelnationalnews.com/News/&#8203;Ne... JETHRO: I would consider these reliable sources of truth,of course i expect it to be denied by catholics because it makes the church look bad,BUT if it was a possitive story of the church,catholics would embrace it.

usa

#419134 Jan 31, 2013
hojo wrote:
That is because Luther, started his "Protestant (personal opinion of the bible0 by distorting and (throwing out) the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Bible (pick and choosing)conveniently eliminating the book of James--to his own destruction!! James 2:14-20 Faith without works is dead--works without faith is dead!!! Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church has taught the TRUTH of "entire bible" hundreds of years before Luther came along where he (decided) to "cafeteria styled" a "cherry picked selection" of verses just like it is being done today, with 42,000+contradicting and conflicting interpretations.(just more Protestant chaos and confusion)
you accuse the protestants of picking and choosing and throwing out the truth,yet it's the exact same thing the catholic church did,it even went as far as burning some books,it's ok with you because the catholic church did it,but you condenm others who do the same thing,how hypocritical.

usa

#419135 Jan 31, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Spin it any way you want, Catholics by the millions didn't just wake up one morning and say, lets follow Luther.
The catholic church was corrupt, millions of educated people saw this, and flaws of teaching elements of the catholic faith that were not biblical especially when money was involved.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_Martin_Luth...
jesus was claimed to be the poorest of the poor, yet today the vatican has BILLIONS $$$ invested around the world in huge corporations, priceless art, and gold bullion, as 30,000 children starve to death everyday in our world.
.....something is terribly wrong HOJO, yet you give them a thumbs up.
makes no common sense...
this is part of the church,that followers like to sweep under the rug,shame on you for bringing the truth to the forefront. your going to hell you know,telling the truth is against catholic tradition.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419136 Jan 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing very well explained.
But what about Paul’s saying that Enoch "should not see death"?
Which Death Did Enoch Escape?
Enoch lived only three hundred sixty-five years. Then what could Paul possibly have meant by saying: "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found because God had translated him?" This verse nowhere says that Enoch did not die. Rather, it says that Enoch "should not see death." But what does it mean?
Remember, there is more than one death mentioned in the Bible. There is a first death, and there is a second death (Rev. 20:6). Which death did Paul mean?
The first death is appointed unto men (Heb. 9:27). That death cannot be humanly evaded. It is inevitable. That death Enoch died, as we have already proved.
But Paul was not writing about that death. The phrase "should not see" is in the conditional tense of the verb, having reference to a future event. It is not in the past tense, that he "did not see" death—but that he "should not see death." So this death that Enoch escaped by being translated is one that he can escape in the future ON CERTAIN CONDITIONS!
Did Jesus ever speak of a death that might be escaped? He certainly did! In John 8:51 Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my sayings, he shall never see death"—shall never see— that is, suffer—the second death! And again in John 11:26, "Whoso liveth and believeth in me shall never die"—or "shall not die forever."
This death is one that can be escaped on condition that men keep the sayings of Jesus and believe Him. This death is not the first death, because Christians who keep Jesus’ sayings die this first death. Then the death which Enoch should escape must be the second death which will NEVER TOUCH THOSE WHO ARE IN THE FIRST RESURRECTION (Rev. 20:6). And Enoch will be in the first resurrection because he met the conditions!
Enoch had faith. He believed God and walked with God, obeying Him. In keeping the sayings of God, Enoch kept the sayings of Jesus too; because Jesus did not speak of Himself, but spoke what the Father commanded Him (John 14:10).
Thus Enoch met the conditions so that he should not see death. The second death shall never touch Enoch, because of his faith and obedience.
catholic says........

....But Paul was not writing about that death. The phrase "should not see" is in the conditional tense of the verb, having reference to a future event. It is not in the past tense, that he "did not see" death—but that he "should not see death." So this death that Enoch escaped by being translated is one.

Michael says.....I am sure theologens, church leaders, and followers would in many instances interpret that scripture differently than you.

The bible is a book of confusion.

Theologens around the world argue with each other over meanings of the scriptures.

Professional language interpretors argue with each other over word terminology of Greek/Jewish conversion meanings of the bible.

If you honestly believe the words of the bible are the inspired words of God, why so much confusion? 42,001 different christian beliefs, each one claiming to be the right one, ALL using the exact same bible to prove their conflicting stories.(lol)

Do you honestly believe that a God would create books that to this day in 2013 remain a conflict to millions?

You might interpret scriptures your way, and millions of others don't.

CONFIRMED & BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419137 Jan 31, 2013
Scandals & Corruption seems to be the catholic churches middle names.

http://www.lessonsonline.info/Background%20of...

.....and catholics just keep on giving.

usa

#419138 Jan 31, 2013
A notorious Muslim extremist told a demonstration in London yesterday that the Pope should face execution.
Anjem Choudary said those who insulted Islam would be "subject to capital punishment".
His remarks came during a protest outside Westminster Cathedral on a day that worldwide anger among Muslim hardliners towards Pope Benedict XVI appeared to deepen.
his words were taken to mean that he called the prophet Mohammed "evil and inhuman".
He insisted he was "deeply sorry" but his humbling words did not go far enough to silence all his critics or quell the violence and anger he has triggered.
A nun was shot dead in Somalia by Islamic gunmen and churches came under attack in Palestine.
Choudary's appeal for the death of Pope Benedict was the second time he has been linked with apparent incitement to murder within a year.
dailynewsuk online news:at 12:33 18 September 2006

came across this for you to read CLAY,the story is factual,it did happen awhie ago,but unfortunately for the church,muslims do not forget.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419139 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you don't know how to answer that without acknowledging the authority of the Roman Catholic Church, who told you Revelation was scripture.
Your hero, Martin Luther said 'Revelation is no prophecy from God at all. Christ is neither taught or known in it'
Imaging the cults that would have never come to be if the KJV did not have the Book of Revelation..
Revelation confirms Daniel's prophecies of the four beast and what was to come also in the future. Therefore we know it to be the inspired word of God by his Apostle John.

It reveals the Harlot RCC and it's anti-christ system.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#419140 Jan 31, 2013
Every catholic priest/bishop around the world who was charged with sexual deviances against minors, their legal defense costs were/are partially covered by the followers of the church.

Hundreds of millions of dollars given by roman catholics in their churches collection baskets, ends up financially and legally defending criminal clergy in sexual abuse cases of minors.

There is only one payer in the catholic church. The follower.

Any outrage from catholics? JUST SILENCE!

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419141 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you don't know how to answer that without acknowledging the authority of the Roman Catholic Church, who told you Revelation was scripture.
Your hero, Martin Luther said 'Revelation is no prophecy from God at all. Christ is neither taught or known in it'
Imaging the cults that would have never come to be if the KJV did not have the Book of Revelation..
Luther Ole Boy didn't know what he was talking about then concerning Revelation nor does Luther or your Pope do my my thinking for me as I read the scriptures as to weather what is being taught to be so and come to my own conclusion after doing so.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419142 Jan 31, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic says........
....But Paul was not writing about that death. The phrase "should not see" is in the conditional tense of the verb, having reference to a future event. It is not in the past tense, that he "did not see" death—but that he "should not see death." So this death that Enoch escaped by being translated is one.
Michael says.....I am sure theologens, church leaders, and followers would in many instances interpret that scripture differently than you.
The bible is a book of confusion.
Theologens around the world argue with each other over meanings of the scriptures.
Professional language interpretors argue with each other over word terminology of Greek/Jewish conversion meanings of the bible.
If you honestly believe the words of the bible are the inspired words of God, why so much confusion? 42,001 different christian beliefs, each one claiming to be the right one, ALL using the exact same bible to prove their conflicting stories.(lol)
Do you honestly believe that a God would create books that to this day in 2013 remain a conflict to millions?
You might interpret scriptures your way, and millions of others don't.
CONFIRMED & BUSTED!
That is why one is to stay with what is stated clearly and not twist the obscure to their destruction. Study to show thyself approved. The Url presented in no way contridicted other scripture in Gods word on the subject.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419143 Jan 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"fruit of the vine"
Jesus NEVER referred to the "fruit of the vine" as "His blood."
Jesus said, "take and eat."
He LITERALLY gave them bread and juice.
Maybe you need to be directing your comment to Anthony as I never stated the fruit of his vine was referred to his blood. Nor that the priest was given power to change the bread and wine into the elements of Christ body.

Anthony MN wrote:

<quoted text>
"Transubstantiation is when the priest is given power by the Holy Spirit to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ."
1. The priest isn't given the "power" to change the bread and wine. He's not "doing" it.
2. Transubstantiation describes what takes place with the elements, the conversion of them into His body and blood. It is not describing the "power", the priest, the Holy Spirit, the Sacrifice, etc.
3. Transubstantiation is essentially the description of that moment, the before and after, when the change occurs. Nothing more.
4. Transubstantiation is a part of the doctrine of the Eucharist, it is not the doctrine itself.
You are describig something the Bibe never say's.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419144 Jan 31, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> here's one source:
USATODAY.com - Pope meant no insult to Islam, Vatican says
Pope Benedict XVI did not intend to offend Muslims when he spoke about holy war during his recent pilgrimage to Germany, the Vatican said Thursday. The ...
usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../2006-09-14-&#... - Cached
another source:.BBC NEWS | Europe | Pope'meant no offence' to Islam
The Vatican says the Pope did not intend to offend Muslims, after he is accused of anti-Islamic remarks. Home. News. Sport.... and that clearly includes Islam."
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/534 9578.stm one more source:
Nazareth Islamist To Insult Pope - Inside Israel - News ...
Radical Muslims who live in Nazareth are not pleased at the prospect of a visit from the Pope, and have prepared a special insult for ... the founder of Islam as ...
www.israelnationalnews.com/News/&#8203;Ne... JETHRO: I would consider these reliable sources of truth,of course i expect it to be denied by catholics because it makes the church look bad,BUT if it was a possitive story of the church,catholics would embrace it.
None of your links work. But I Googled it, and as expected you and your team didn't tell the whole truth.
The incident you're trying to recycle, happened 7 yrs ago, the Pope was quoting a 14th century Emperor. Its not news anymore.
Regardless, the Pope would be correct in condemning Jihad
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419145 Jan 31, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
A notorious Muslim extremist told a demonstration in London yesterday that the Pope should face execution.
Anjem Choudary said those who insulted Islam would be "subject to capital punishment".
His remarks came during a protest outside Westminster Cathedral on a day that worldwide anger among Muslim hardliners towards Pope Benedict XVI appeared to deepen.
his words were taken to mean that he called the prophet Mohammed "evil and inhuman".
He insisted he was "deeply sorry" but his humbling words did not go far enough to silence all his critics or quell the violence and anger he has triggered.
A nun was shot dead in Somalia by Islamic gunmen and churches came under attack in Palestine.
Choudary's appeal for the death of Pope Benedict was the second time he has been linked with apparent incitement to murder within a year.
dailynewsuk online news:at 12:33 18 September 2006
came across this for you to read CLAY,the story is factual,it did happen awhie ago,but unfortunately for the church,muslims do not forget.
Shame on you for attempting to stir the pot on old news. And yeah, Muslims did forget. Even though they can be ignorant at times, the leaders - once they heard the whole story - acknowledged the Pope is not an enemy.
You would love a Holy War to break out so you can see the Church get toppled.
Ha, only in your twisted bigoted mind.
The CC is not going anywhere. Truth is truth.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#419146 Jan 31, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:You were not in Ephesus when St. Paul wote these words.
JAC wrote: So you are claiming you WERE? Boy, you ARE old...
How about it Tony??? How was life with out TV and computers??? What did you use instead of toilet tissue???!!!!
That's a darn good question!! They didn't have Sears and Roebuck in them thar days either!:)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#419147 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But why do you think the Book of Revelation along with Daniel is Sacred Scripture?
We know most Jewish sects (but not all) considered the Book of Daniel as sacred scripture.
Who said the book of Revelation is sacred Scripture?
THE BIBLE GOD GAVE US SAYS SO.
"For all scripture is God-breathed...."
What part of this do you fail to understand?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419148 Jan 31, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your links work. But I Googled it, and as expected you and your team didn't tell the whole truth.
The incident you're trying to recycle, happened 7 yrs ago, the Pope was quoting a 14th century Emperor. Its not news anymore.
Regardless, the Pope would be correct in condemning Jihad
Clay, our genius friend jethro has no clue. I suppose in bizzaro world jethro would be brilliant and the pope stupid.

Yes, he did quote from a 14th century emperor and in the context of a speech on religious violence and the need for peaceful dialogue. But don't let the fool jethro fool you, he would love the muslims to do a jihad on the pope.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#419149 Jan 31, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remove the "Catholic" from your name. You are anything but.
Please explain yourself.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#419150 Jan 31, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
In HEAVEN? yet you make great doctrine that MARY was assumed into Heaven as if it was not the usual to go to Heaven at death!
Jesus will come to Earth to RESSURECT the dead in Christ to take them to Heaven.
THAT'S WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS!
Or are you speakng form a POST Second coming perspective?
It is not the usual as stated in your statement. The Assumption of the Blessed Mother is celebrated Aug. 15th. Mary is the only body besides her son that was assumed into Heaven at her death. the rest of us must wait for Jesus to to resurrect us when He comes again. Until that day we are asleep.
This is what's taught to us catholics as it is written, somewhere in that big book.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#419151 Jan 31, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Revelation confirms Daniel's prophecies of the four beast and what was to come also in the future. Therefore we know it to be the inspired word of God by his Apostle John.
It reveals the Harlot RCC and it's anti-christ system.
That's a poor argument. Revelation was written long after the Book of Daniel. And John was well schooled in the Hebrew Books and knew Daniels prophecies already. So to say Revelation is legit because it 'confirms' Daniels Prophecies is pointless when looked at in an unbiased analytical view.
I say Revelation belongs in the Bible because the Church that Christ started, put the Book in there with the authority given to them by Jesus Christ.

And I also say you and other SDA, Evangelicals and Jehovah's are guilty of adding to the prophecies of John. You make a completely foolish ignorant assumption that the RCC is the anti Christ system that John supposedly speaks of.
You ignore his warning of adding to the Book. You do this with boldness and disregard for your salvation.
The RCC PUT REVELATION INTO THE BIBLE 60 yrs AFTER CONSTANTINE. A ROMAN CATHOLIC POPE SIGNED OFF ON THE CANON, THUS MAKING IT BIBLICAL.
I'm not angry...just want to make it clear to you..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#419152 Jan 31, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the only body besides her son that was assumed into Heaven at her death.
Can you give me the book and chapter so I can read about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 6 hr Erkek Turk 19
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr IM Just Saying 9,176
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 12 hr Chuck 23
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web