Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,189)

Showing posts 403,761 - 403,780 of530,240
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right...Christians. St. Paul would not consider you or any other protestant a Christian. He and the rest of the Church tossed people like you out on their ears. You were called heretics and rightly so.
Christians/Saints..at least you get it Regina. Fact is saints are not dead there are alive and well. Thanks for jumping on board.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
Well. I have to agree. I have been "half" reading some of the ridiculous posts on here.
I just responded to preston, because he has enough reasoning ability to understand....Most of the other anti-Catholic, ant-Christian posts just don't deserve an answer, as it is to difficult to respond with reason to irrational ideas. More or less all are building up their own faith by the destruction and basic hate.(Of course they can't see this. But I think it has something to do with self-loathing.). I believe at times it is ignorance of a fashion.(Mostly invincible), but more a lack of temperance regarding pride.(Of course we are all susceptable, and I know I have transgressed this boundry.)
I just wonder what good comes out of going over and over the same things with the same people....
And now I agree with you, Robert. This is pretty much my thinking on the matter also. Pride, envy, a need to justify and rationalize what they believe based solely on the destruction of what they know to be the truth but are too proud to admit (there's that pride again), and of course the abject ignorance. If I'm not mistaken, this is the recipe for bigotry.

I know I've been grossly unkind lately, and that's something I have to work on, but more than anything I detest their lies. It's too unconscionable. We are called to defend the faith and the Church because they are of God, but you're correct in that nothing will change especially after all this time. It does keep one on their toes though, lol! And it's certainly been an eye-opener at the audacity of some people to call themselves Christians. I had no idea protestants were such hateful people!!

Their behavior here is causing me to feel some prejudice toward all protestants now, and that's not good. I wonder if these people are proud of their witness at turning people off?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians/Saints..at least you get it Regina. Fact is saints are not dead there are alive and well. Thanks for jumping on board.
They are alive and well in Heaven! They are the Church Triumphant.

Thanks for being exactly how I just described you to another poster.
It's good to be right!:)
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Clay, the catholic teachings have changed many times.
They have changed what is sin and what isn't which changes from pope to pope.
They have exalted Mary many times since 1950, making her more powerful each time.
What they haven't changed is the pagan teachings from once a very powerful religion. You know the sungodess, which goes by different name depending on the counry you live in.
You have had the wool pulled over your eyes you can't see so you don't believe.
Blessed are those who believe and can't see.
Maybe you could show me where the Church taught something about Mary. Then later reversed the teaching?
Things are allowed to be clarified... But never ever reversed to mean opposite.
You and your team have reversed almost everything that Christians once understood. This is why the CC looks so much different than you. You changed. We stayed the same.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make things difficult...it's not.
Eph 4:12 applies to Christians...all Christians..yes even today's Christians.
All Christians? Every single one of them, no matter how they live and what they do? As long as they are Christians?
That's a false teaching Chuck.
I would only agree that many are living Saintly lives and only God knows if they'll keep it up until death, and then can be a true Saint in Heaven.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

to clay;you asked me why muslims were burning down catholic churches,and i told you it was because of an idiot of a pope the church has who shouldn't even be pope you didn't believe me here is part of what he said, stated " Benedict said, I quote,'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.' " JETHRO,now tell me i'm wrong about benny being pope only for the fact it gives him diplomatic immunity.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was celibate. I guess she doesn't "agree" with that. How vile. LOL!
Don't recollect ever hearing/reading this about Jesus while he was on earth. I thought with Mary Magdelyne by His side that she was His main squeeze. He came to earth for the experience and of course to save us, why not relations with a woman.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder the catholic people can't understand, when even a priest can't understand simple Scriptures.
LTM, Robert is not the ROB who is a priest. Robert is a shake and bake catholic. today he is a catholic, tomorrow who knows?

many times the catholics on here welcome him back into their fold. as he comes and he goes. he has no foundation to become a Christian so he stays a luke warm catholic.

robert just likes to argue.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right---Jesus Christs One (and only) Church never was and never will be denominational!!!!...... Denominations began with Luther--who "totally split off from the Catholic Church at the Protestant Reformation. Denominations were "non-existent for over 1500 years.-- There are no "CATHOLIC denominations" among Jesus Christ One True (Universal-Catholic) Church---Only "PROTESTANT denominations" --42,000 of them--all inconsistent to one another, all contradicting each others doctrine and all in opposition to each other!!---No connection--what-so-ever to Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church--42,000 different "prodigal sons" --defiant and rebellious to the TRUTH of Our Lords TRUE Catholic Church--the bride of Christ!!!
your saying protestants were around before catholics and christians,muslims too?catholic is a denomination since it is a man made word and the church is of mans creation of christianity and paganism,jesus never mentions "my catholic church",he says "my church". immagine gods church built in a pagan country,i seriously doubt it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Percy wrote:
so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.
7th
You have stated no telling how many times that this one and that one was damned and going to hell so now tell us another one Percy. You ar ethe only person ever I heard tell Christ appeared and he was sitting down in a seat.
Any time a angel or messenger of the Lord appeared he most certainly was not sitting down......lol
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
Comments (Page 19,699)
for you mr sda and everyone can see that my words are the same today as they were almost 5 years ago.
atemcowboy
but if you had read my posts, you would have found a man who had found favor with God. you would have found a man who as a young boy, Had a experience that few have had. not many could state that God had sent a relative back from death to tell his grandson that God had a JOB for him to do. and that is why I could state that I believed in a place called Paradise(He seen it and described it to me), that is why ten years later on my way to the "killing fields" of vietnam, Jesus appeared to me, sitting right next to me(Jan 30<1965)
since karen is the only person on here who has heard me Preach. ASK HER IF I PREACH HELL FIRE AND DAMNATION. THAT SHOULD SOLVE IT VERY EASY.

but to use a verse where Jesusa says "to repent or Perish "isnt Preaching.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!! Which one of the 42,000 contradicting Protestant "relative truths" are you referring to in the Word of God?? The bible is "inundated" with "Protestant" interpreted (or better yet mis-interpreted) cherry picked (supposed) Truths.
*In Ephesians 2:20 apostles are called the foundation of the Church
*In I Corinthians 3:11 Jesus is called the foundation of the Church
*In I Corinthians 3:12 the faithful build upon the foundation
*In Matthew 16:18 Jesus builds upon the foundation
*In I Peter 2:5 faithful are called stones of Gods spiritual house
*In Acts 4:11 Jesus is called the stone of Gods house
*In I Corinthians 3:16 the faithful are the temple of God
*In the Apocalypse 21:22 Jesus is the temple of God
*In Acts 20:28 the apostles are called the bishops of the flock
*In I Peter 2:25 Jesus is called the bishop of the flock
So which one of your 42,000 inconsistent "smorgasboard" of (cafeteria style) "pick and choose" (truths) are you talking about!!
Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One True Church and the authority He granted to his Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God but it is NOT the ONLY authority for Christians! It can't be --because it cannot interpret itself to arrive at the TRUTH. Most "definitely not" 42,000+ bible only Protestant (inconsistent and conflicting) interpretations...... The Bible directs us to an authority "outside of itself" to understand what it "actually means"! That is why Paul, in 1 Timothy 3:15 calls "the Church (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Catholics have the "greatest love for Sacred Scripture, to insure that it is "properly interpreted" and not (abused) by false and heretical interpretations that continue to divide "the body of Christ"
A very nice presentation of the Church as an institution...

if I may I would like to add this...
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
to clay;you asked me why muslims were burning down catholic churches,and i told you it was because of an idiot of a pope the church has who shouldn't even be pope you didn't believe me here is part of what he said, stated " Benedict said, I quote,'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.' " JETHRO,now tell me i'm wrong about benny being pope only for the fact it gives him diplomatic immunity.
I don't remember asking you why Muslims were burning down Catholic Churches.
And I never heard your quote of Pope Benedict before. Where did you get that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
And now I agree with you, Robert. This is pretty much my thinking on the matter also. Pride, envy, a need to justify and rationalize what they believe based solely on the destruction of what they know to be the truth but are too proud to admit (there's that pride again), and of course the abject ignorance. If I'm not mistaken, this is the recipe for bigotry.
I know I've been grossly unkind lately, and that's something I have to work on, but more than anything I detest their lies. It's too unconscionable. We are called to defend the faith and the Church because they are of God, but you're correct in that nothing will change especially after all this time. It does keep one on their toes though, lol! And it's certainly been an eye-opener at the audacity of some people to call themselves Christians. I had no idea protestants were such hateful people!!
Their behavior here is causing me to feel some prejudice toward all protestants now, and that's not good. I wonder if these people are proud of their witness at turning people off?
i am not the least surprised because you are offended. you, clay and anthony have been given BIBLE VERSES to read and ponder on.

[And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.]

it is a shame that catholics are offended by the Word of God.

but sad to say, when I defend the Word of God(NOT MY CHURCH), you catholics turn on me like vultures.

and I am not interested in what Robert says.matthew 13:21 fits robert to a tee.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
Well. I have to agree. I have been "half" reading some of the ridiculous posts on here.
I just wonder what good comes out of going over and over the same things with the same people....
No surprise here Robert!.....Protestants are "ingrainly stuck" on the same anti-catholic judgmental questions-(-that have been refuted, proven erroneous, and scripturally validated (or disproved (depending on the their ridiculous assertions) over and over again!!!! i.e Infant Baptism, the eucharist, Jesus' visible Church, confession, Church tradition, Bible Only, True Sacred Church History, biblical interpretation, Apostolic Succession, Matthew 16, Primacy of Peter (Petros vs lithos), Mary, the Rosary, Salvation (faith & works) Early Church Fathers, Sin, Abuse, and on and on and on......When one subject after another is refuted by the TRUTH of the bible, the TRUE teachings of the Church or by TRUE Church History (they start all over again, with the same old "merry-go-round" (distorted trash comments) attacking the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic, with the same "heretical" Protestant propaganda. Like I have told you before (as an ex-protestant---discussion, arguments, deliberation, or debate, is a "total waste of time". There is "not one" bible only protestant, that is on this forum to learn ANYTHING regarding the TRUTH of what the Catholic Church actually believes and teaches from the Bible, Church tradition, the True Words of Jesus (himself) or the TRUE teachings of the Church.
There only purpose here is to ATTACK the TRUTH of the bible, Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.----I just speak the Truth--let is go at that and pray for their hostile, vengeful, bitter anti-catholic hearts, minds and souls........ Continue to remain strong and committed in the Biblical and historical TRUTH of your Catholic-Christian Faith Robert F.--Gods Blessing!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Council of Trent summarizes the Catholic faith by declaring:‘Because Christ our Redeemer said that it was truly his body that he was offering under the species of bread, it has always been the conviction of the Church of God, and this holy Council now declares again, that by the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation.’"
**what part was I wrong on???
"Transubstantiation is when the priest is given power by the Holy Spirit to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ."

1. The priest isn't given the "power" to change the bread and wine. He's not "doing" it.

2. Transubstantiation describes what takes place with the elements, the conversion of them into His body and blood. It is not describing the "power", the priest, the Holy Spirit, the Sacrifice, etc.

3. Transubstantiation is essentially the description of that moment, the before and after, when the change occurs. Nothing more.

4. Transubstantiation is a part of the doctrine of the Eucharist, it is not the doctrine itself.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
EPH. 1 :4-8 Gee your getting a Bible lesson this morning on what the bible says .
lol.

You were not in Ephesus when St. Paul wote these words. You are not part of the Church today which is the same Church he wrote to. You don't get to claim them because you read the bible, call yourself a saint, or even a Christian. Sorry.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't recollect ever hearing/reading this about Jesus while he was on earth. I thought with Mary Magdelyne by His side that she was His main squeeze. He came to earth for the experience and of course to save us, why not relations with a woman.
Please remove the "Catholic" from your name. You are anything but.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Transubstantiation is when the priest is given power by the Holy Spirit to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ."
1. The priest isn't given the "power" to change the bread and wine. He's not "doing" it.
2. Transubstantiation describes what takes place with the elements, the conversion of them into His body and blood. It is not describing the "power", the priest, the Holy Spirit, the Sacrifice, etc.
3. Transubstantiation is essentially the description of that moment, the before and after, when the change occurs. Nothing more.
4. Transubstantiation is a part of the doctrine of the Eucharist, it is not the doctrine itself.
Boy you're right...I was WAYYYYY off. lol

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

938 890
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Name of Jesus of course LOL
Of course!!!!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
it is a shame that catholics are offended by the Word of God.
No---we are offended by your continuous "distortion, manipulating of the TRUE interpretation of the TRUTH in the Bible, along with the heretical (trash comments) that you Protestants are "so famous for" against Jesus Christ and His (Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. But then, this comes as "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics, since bible only Protestants are "totally and completely dependent on hostile attacks against Our True Faith and the Catholic Church. You have "proven" over and over again that your bible only beliefs "cannot" stand on its own doctrine of beliefs WITHOUT vengefully condemning and judging the True interpretation of the TRUTH in the Bible which is biblically and historically manifested (only) in Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church!! Until you come to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and the TRUE Salvation He gives us, you will "continue" as the prodigal son did in Luke 15:11------living on the "outside of the True" always looking in---that is--until--he eventually "came to his senses"!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,761 - 403,780 of530,240
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••