Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,732
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#419000 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No he did not. You brought up the term transubstantiation, which if you knew half as much as you think you do about our Church, you would know that the reality of the Eucharist and the purpose of the usage of the term transubstantiation are not the same thing.
Transubstantiation is when the priest is given power by the Holy Spirit to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.

I'm sorry I cannot interpret this from scripture because it ain't there.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419001 Jan 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Looks like you don't need the Lord's Prayer, like the rest of us mere humans...."lead us not into temptation"....That sounds like arrogance, that leads to pride. Definitely a hell-bound direction, since pride leads to destruction....
Your invention of God creating a man to be put into Mary, rather than having a woman conceive in her womb, of the lie of Adam, by the power of God, no doubt a great invention by your mind, has set you up there with Satan himself....
So your perpetuating your encounters with Jesus in person, put you into the deceived, or delusional category, since you don't know Jesus was a human being of Adam's lineage, and the pride you take in assumming you cannot do evil, by God's Power....That is an assumption of Satan....
Truly frightening that this guy is given a platform in any congregation.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419002 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus decides who the saints are. You don't decide you're a saint by reading the bible. Sorry.
Just because one reads the bible doesn't make him a saint Anthony.
Just because one believes in God doesn't make him a saint,
Because one goes to church every Sunday doesn't make him a saint.
Just because someone does something good for someone or even saves their life doesn't make them a saint Anthony.
Just because they are a member of the roman Catholic Church doesn't make them a saint.
Being a pope doesn't make a person a saint either.

So what makes a person a saint Anthony, did you read Romans 10 to find out yet.
Not what I said, but what the Holy Scriptures says or you do believe them don't you??
Maybe you should start with John 3 I will make it easy for you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419003 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Transubstantiation is when the priest is given power by the Holy Spirit to change the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ.
I'm sorry I cannot interpret this from scripture because it ain't there.
No it's not.

Concern yourself with learning protestantism and quit telling Catholics what we are taught and believe.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419004 Jan 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I Cor 11
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
It is rather obvious that the blood is the wine, and bread is the body of Christ. As Paul writes in verse 23 "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you...." How could he have received it from the Lord if he had not been there? It is because of the tradition of the Last Supper, which is the testament and sacrament, of which Paul writes....
No wonder the catholic people can't understand, when even a priest can't understand simple Scriptures.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419005 Jan 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because one reads the bible doesn't make him a saint Anthony.
Just because one believes in God doesn't make him a saint,
Because one goes to church every Sunday doesn't make him a saint.
Just because someone does something good for someone or even saves their life doesn't make them a saint Anthony.
Just because they are a member of the roman Catholic Church doesn't make them a saint.
Being a pope doesn't make a person a saint either.
So what makes a person a saint Anthony, did you read Romans 10 to find out yet.
Not what I said, but what the Holy Scriptures says or you do believe them don't you??
Maybe you should start with John 3 I will make it easy for you.
All of the protestants on this board call themselves a saint. Are they?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#419006 Jan 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder the catholic people can't understand, when even a priest can't understand simple Scriptures.
Wow. You need help.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#419007 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not.
Concern yourself with learning protestantism and quit telling Catholics what we are taught and believe.
share with the group what it is then Tony.

I don't tell catholics what to believe..the pope does.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419008 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus decides who the saints are. You don't decide you're a saint by reading the bible. Sorry.
EPH. 1 :4-8 Gee your getting a Bible lesson this morning on what the bible says .
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#419009 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not.
"The Council of Trent summarizes the Catholic faith by declaring:‘Because Christ our Redeemer said that it was truly his body that he was offering under the species of bread, it has always been the conviction of the Church of God, and this holy Council now declares again, that by the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation.’"

**what part was I wrong on???
Clay

United States

#419010 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between calling someone a saint and the ones who really are saints and the saints that Paul spoke of in Eph 4:12 are really saints or christians who have faith in Christ here on earth. Paul explains equipping them for the ministry.
**Don't have to find out what church teaching is Clay. It's right there in black and white.
I guess if you truly want, you could say Paul was literally calling them Saints - in black and white like you say and in the context you say.
But I don't understand why you think this verse is including everyone on Earth who calls themselves a Christian? Especially since many of you don't share the same theology as Paul or anyone else in that time period.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419011 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
it looks by this article that someone on this forum has been lying to us by saying that the Apostles taught transubstantiation. of course, Chrsitians already knew that.
HistoryThe earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ that was believed to occur in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours (died 1133), in the 11th century and by the end of the 12th century the term was in widespread use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiati...
now that is almost 1100 years later than the Words of Christ.
Friends if I got to continue to pronounce one lie after another, I would go back to being a lost sinner
preston

"Patristic period

The belief that the Eucharist conveyed to the believer the body and blood of Christ appears to have been widespread from an early date, and the elements were commonly referred to as the body and the blood by early Christian writers. The early Christians who use these terms also speak of it as the flesh and blood of Christ, the same flesh and blood which suffered and died on the cross.

"The short document known as the Teaching of the Apostles or Didache, which may be the earliest Christian document outside of the New Testament to speak of the Eucharist, says, "Let no one eat or drink of the Eucharist with you except those who have been baptized in the Name of the Lord,"[14] for it was in reference to this that the Lord said, "Do not give that which is holy to dogs." Matthew 7:6"

"Other fourth-century Christian writers say that in the Eucharist there occurs a "change",[20] "transelementation", [21] "transformation",[22 ] "transposing",[23] "alteration"[24] of the bread into the body of Christ.

In AD 400, Augustine quotes Cyprian (AD 200): "For as Christ says 'I am the true vine,' it follows that the blood of Christ is wine, not water; and the cup cannot appear to contain His blood by which we are redeemed and quickened, if the wine be absent; for by the wine is the blood of Christ typified,..."[25]

The way you write, it is as if you think the Real Presence of Christ in the wine and bread does not exist. The use of the word transubstantiation is merely a later word used to describe through understanding that it is not the accidental, but the essence that is changed....

Back to square one for you....A sinner
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#419012 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you dont know much about Christian Pastors.
Pastors Preach about love of God and giving your life to Him. I learned along time ago that i cant drag people to the altar. satan is much stonger than I am and can drag them back.
It takes the Sweet Holy Spirit to bring someone to God, so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.
SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU.But you can mock me all you wish, I dont care.
and since you want to make it personal, look at what is on your side, poor old ROB has to be very careful about sipping some wine in case he falls of the wagon. A Chrsitian that is Saved, would never have to worry about that. when God Saved him/her, they then have the Power to resist the devil, poor old ROB doesnt.
so eyah, like Paul, I too, in my time have saw the lord Jesus, and eeven on my side, I am rediculed by people like the sda, but that doesnt change the Fact that I did see Him, and I am alive to testify of it.
and if you or anyone else that doubts it, makes it to heaven, then ask Jesus where he was at in Jan 1965, 48 years ago tomorrow.lol
Percy wrote:

so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.

7th

You have stated no telling how many times that this one and that one was damned and going to hell so now tell us another one Percy. You ar ethe only person ever I heard tell Christ appeared and he was sitting down in a seat.

Any time a angel or messenger of the Lord appeared he most certainly was not sitting down......lol

preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.

Comments (Page 19,699)

for you mr sda and everyone can see that my words are the same today as they were almost 5 years ago.

atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

but if you had read my posts, you would have found a man who had found favor with God. you would have found a man who as a young boy, Had a experience that few have had. not many could state that God had sent a relative back from death to tell his grandson that God had a JOB for him to do. and that is why I could state that I believed in a place called Paradise(He seen it and described it to me), that is why ten years later on my way to the "killing fields" of vietnam, Jesus appeared to me, sitting right next to me(Jan 30<1965)
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419013 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the protestants on this board call themselves a saint. Are they?
Read Romans 8, Romans 10, and Eph 1: 4-8 Anthony,

You need to read them for yourself , hey what you got to lose.
Nothing ventured nothing gained, you do have a priest on this post or will you be breaking a cardinal law; if you read the bible and understand it for yourself.
Clay

United States

#419014 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
share with the group what it is then Tony.
I don't tell catholics what to believe..the pope does.
Actually, the Pope doesn't either. He has to believe the same teachings as his predecessors.
Therefore, anything He tells us will never go against what was already revealed from the Apostles.
What I'm saying is, if he is 'telling' us what to believe, it isn't coming from his personal opinion on scripture per se, but always in line - and never contradicting sacred scripture.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#419015 Jan 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you truly want, you could say Paul was literally calling them Saints - in black and white like you say and in the context you say.
But I don't understand why you think this verse is including everyone on Earth who calls themselves a Christian? Especially since many of you don't share the same theology as Paul or anyone else in that time period.
Why do you make things difficult...it's not.

Eph 4:12 applies to Christians...all Christians..yes even today's Christians.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#419016 Jan 30, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
These have got to be the most ridiculous people I've ever encountered. They're lunatics who are actually informing their faith from the INTERNET of all places!!! Two of them are recommending in on this page alone! LOL!!!
They blatantly admit it, with no shame whatsoever....absolutely 100 percent, whacked out, absurd! And we're arguing with that stupidity??!! Ignorance of that kind can never be penetrated...never, ever, never. No wonder most of us just sit back and laugh at them anymore!
ReginaM
Peace

Well. I have to agree. I have been "half" reading some of the ridiculous posts on here.

I just responded to preston, because he has enough reasoning ability to understand....Most of the other anti-Catholic, ant-Christian posts just don't deserve an answer, as it is to difficult to respond with reason to irrational ideas. More or less all are building up their own faith by the destruction and basic hate.(Of course they can't see this. But I think it has something to do with self-loathing.). I believe at times it is ignorance of a fashion.(Mostly invincible), but more a lack of temperance regarding pride.(Of course we are all susceptable, and I know I have transgressed this boundry.)

I just wonder what good comes out of going over and over the same things with the same people....
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419017 Jan 30, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
"Patristic period
The belief that the Eucharist conveyed to the believer the body and blood of Christ appears to have been widespread from an early date, and the elements were commonly referred to as the body and the blood by early Christian writers. The early Christians who use these terms also speak of it as the flesh and blood of Christ, the same flesh and blood which suffered and died on the cross.
"The short document known as the Teaching of the Apostles or Didache, which may be the earliest Christian document outside of the New Testament to speak of the Eucharist, says, "Let no one eat or drink of the Eucharist with you except those who have been baptized in the Name of the Lord,"[14] for it was in reference to this that the Lord said, "Do not give that which is holy to dogs." Matthew 7:6"
"Other fourth-century Christian writers say that in the Eucharist there occurs a "change",[20] "transelementation", [21] "transformation",[22 ] "transposing",[23] "alteration"[24] of the bread into the body of Christ.
In AD 400, Augustine quotes Cyprian (AD 200): "For as Christ says 'I am the true vine,' it follows that the blood of Christ is wine, not water; and the cup cannot appear to contain His blood by which we are redeemed and quickened, if the wine be absent; for by the wine is the blood of Christ typified,..."[25]
The way you write, it is as if you think the Real Presence of Christ in the wine and bread does not exist. The use of the word transubstantiation is merely a later word used to describe through understanding that it is not the accidental, but the essence that is changed....
Back to square one for you....A sinner
Rob, every day when I sit down to supper, and say grace over the food, I remember Jesus. I remember He is the son of God , I remember Jesus died for this sinner, and I am so grateful for what He did.
When I lay on my bed at night and Pray, and give God thanks for everything, I remember Jesus is my Redeemer.
I have Bibles through out the house, if one chooses to read one.
Yes even a catholic Bible Rob.
I have believed in a God since I was 3, I don't have pictures suppositly of mary or Jesus , nor any plaster statues to remind me that there is a God.
I have gone periods not reading the Bible, then slowing I get a longing to read the word, a hunger is more like it.
There isn't one person who has truly been born again, forgets God and the gift of Grace and Mercy in their life.
We are God's we belong to Him, His spirit persues us , He never leaves nor forsakens us.
A picture or statue how little you think of God if you need them to remember Him. And to make Him so small, you think He is in a wafer because the catholic church says so.
'MY GOD IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF ISRAEL THE GREAT I AM'
HE REMINDS ME; WHO HE IS,
THE HEAVENS DECLARE THE GLORY OF THE LORD.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#419018 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make things difficult...it's not.
Eph 4:12 applies to Christians...all Christians..yes even today's Christians.
That's right...Christians. St. Paul would not consider you or any other protestant a Christian. He and the rest of the Church tossed people like you out on their ears. You were called heretics and rightly so.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#419019 Jan 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Pope doesn't either. He has to believe the same teachings as his predecessors.
Therefore, anything He tells us will never go against what was already revealed from the Apostles.
What I'm saying is, if he is 'telling' us what to believe, it isn't coming from his personal opinion on scripture per se, but always in line - and never contradicting sacred scripture.
Sorry Clay, the catholic teachings have changed many times.
They have changed what is sin and what isn't which changes from pope to pope.
They have exalted Mary many times since 1950, making her more powerful each time.
What they haven't changed is the pagan teachings from once a very powerful religion. You know the sungodess, which goes by different name depending on the counry you live in.
You have had the wool pulled over your eyes you can't see so you don't believe.
Blessed are those who believe and can't see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 14 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 16 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 17 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••