Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,187)

Showing posts 403,721 - 403,740 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had added then this is true, but I've not. The entire book of Revelation is about the Roman harlot Church and beast-empire, following the prophecies of Daniel 2,7 & 8.
Instead we are told it is the romanists who are in danger of eternal damnation having the mark of the beast-roman empire.
Four empires of Daniel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
Rev 16 vials begin to pour out upon the western Roman empire at the French Revolution.
www.youtube.com/watch...
I think you're adding to the Book of Revelation. John was clear to what will happen to anyone adding or taking away from his Prophecy. You're not only adding to his prophecy, you are doing it with amazing boldness as if you could care less about his warning...
Or, you've convinced yourself that you're making sense..so its ok to add to the Book. I dunno.
Good luck sir.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God existed before the apostles, but you didn't. Your 'ordination', while probably exciting for you and impressive to your co-religionists, is not a valid ordination because you didn't receive it by a successor of the apostles.
Like I said, you may be good reader of the bible and a nice person to other pentecostals, but I'm sorry, you are not a real bishop.
~~~

You wrote

God existed before the apostles, but you didn't.

The Roman Catholic religious society has no proof of it's existence

as a Church...even less as the one true apostolic church...

It claims to be the one and only pumpkin on the vine and it is rotten.

Jesus died not die for just a few of the worlds population...

The Bible says..

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

--->the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us -->ALL<--- <,---

just how many doe the word -->ALL<---INCLUDE

~~~

Your Constantine-ism dynasty in Rome has gone all out to lay claim that

the above reason for the death of Jesus ...God's son ...was only for a

few pagans...THAT YOU CALL THE Roman Catholic church...

AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE AND A MONOPOLY...UPON THAT WHICH JESUS DIED FOR..

SUCH SELFISH FOOLISHNESS IS NOT CHRISTIANITY....

in comparison to the trillions that have been born and passed into eternity..from this earth....

Your Constantine-ism is laced with fables conjecture and lies

Jesus death
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT remains clay, that your ONE church is teaching ALL of you lies.
to even think that that piece of grain is actually turned into flesh is about as stupid as stupid can get.
we may have different denominations but no Christian church would ever be so stupid as to try and push that on any Chrsitian.
we aint that GULLIBLE, but we havent been read that marlarky for centuries either. that God for that.
I'm surprised a Minister would doubt whether or not Jesus Christ could be present in a 'piece of grain'. Especially with all the Biblical evidence supporting it.
Do you believe Christ walked on water? Why?
Did He turn the water into wine at Cana? Why?

Christ held up the Bread and said, "this represents my....wait, He said 'this is a symbol of my body"

Nope. HE said "this IS MY BODY" .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My Salvation, as well ANY and ALL OTHER Catholics Salvation, who are on this forum AND the other 1.168 Billion Catholics throughout the world, are NOT dependent upon your Protestant "bogus and distorted "personal opinionated" judgments and condemning obstinate attitude!!!....... I'll (continue) to put my faith, trust and hope in Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass, HIS OWN STATED AND EXPRESSED WORDS (in the Gospel) and in His "true body and true blood" (daily) in the Eucharist, along with the TRUTH of the TRUE teachings that Our Lord left for us. over 2000 years ago, manifested in and through His One True Catholic. Church....... God is NOT, NOR EVER will be, the author of your bible only "(judgemental and condemning) half-truth, half-heresy ministry.
~~~

you wrote

"My Salvation, as well ANY and ALL OTHER Catholics Salvation, who are on this forum AND the other 1.168 Billion Catholics throughout the world, are NOT dependent upon your Protestant "bogus and distorted "personal opinionated" judgments and condemning obstinate attitude!!!"

___

GOD SAYS
Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself,

and opened

her mouth

without measure: and

their glory, and

their multitude, and

their pomp, and

he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Isa 5:15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and

the mighty man shall be humbled, and

the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Isa 5:16 But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and

God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.

Isa 5:17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.

Isa 5:18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:

Isa 5:19 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and

good evil;

that put darkness for light, and

light for darkness;

that put bitter for sweet, and

sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and

prudent in their own sight!

Isa 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and

men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isa 5:23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and

take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and

the flame consumeth the chaff,

so

their root shall be as rottenness, and

their blossom shall go up as dust:

because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and

despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The Bible says..
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
~~~
in comparison to the trillions that have been born and passed into eternity..from this earth....
Jesus death
How the H E L L does a Bible character talk to anyboby? Let alone create a universe?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The Bible says..
~~~
Jesus death
You conspiracy Christians never cease to amaze me.
So little faith.
So much ignorance. It takes about 3 seconds for your fantasy religion to sink against Catholicism.
You're built on sand.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

alan wrote:
<quoted text>How the H E L L does a Bible character talk to anyboby? Let alone create a universe?
~~~

Evidently you believe in HELL for you used it as a swear word..
SO YOU BELIEVE.... AT LEAST A PART... OF WHAT IT SAYS...

I guess you believe more of the Bible than the Roman Catholics do..

If they believed in Hell they would attempt to live by

THE WORD OF GOD SO THAT THEY COULD KEEP FROM GOING THERE.
chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're adding to the Book of Revelation. John was clear to what will happen to anyone adding or taking away from his Prophecy. You're not only adding to his prophecy, you are doing it with amazing boldness as if you could care less about his warning...
Or, you've convinced yourself that you're making sense..so its ok to add to the Book. I dunno.
Good luck sir.
Do you ever find out who the saints that were being equipped for the ministry were in Ephesians 4:12 or were you hoping it would go away?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>as posted by someone else jesus states "MY CHURCH" no denominational church just a church.
That is right---Jesus Christs One (and only) Church never was and never will be denominational!!!!...... Denominations began with Luther--who "totally split off from the Catholic Church at the Protestant Reformation. Denominations were "non-existent for over 1500 years.-- There are no "CATHOLIC denominations" among Jesus Christ One True (Universal-Catholic) Church---Only "PROTESTANT denominations" --42,000 of them--all inconsistent to one another, all contradicting each others doctrine and all in opposition to each other!!---No connection--what-so-ever to Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church--42,000 different "prodigal sons" --defiant and rebellious to the TRUTH of Our Lords TRUE Catholic Church--the bride of Christ!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The church is people Anthony not a denomination, so God the Holy Spirit leads individuals.
You need to learn what the indwelling and the out pouring of the Holy Spirit is.
Go check out the website that teaches on this subject.
So it's only individuals in your opinion. Hank says the indwelling of the Holy Spirit guides him to the truth preached in his denomination. You say he's wrong. How does a person know which one if you is right? Can your website tell us?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The Bible says..
~~~
Jesus death
"You have no business quoting from the Bible to disprove the Catholic faith when it was the Catholic Church who gave you the Bible. This is the brash arrogance of Protestant Christians, who are ignorant of history and twist the Scriptures to their own destruction. I call it “spoiled brat Christianity.” You despise the very Mother who gave you the Scriptures. The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but you only know that because the Catholic Church told you so. "

"The Catholic Church wrote, translated, copied, and preserved God's written word throughout the ages. That is the only reason you even have a Bible. Quit trying to interpret the Scriptures without the Church, because it is the Bible in the Church, the Church before the Bible, the Bible and the Church (both or neither)."

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
These have got to be the most ridiculous people I've ever encountered. They're lunatics who are actually informing their faith from the INTERNET of all places!!! Two of them are recommending in on this page alone! LOL!!!
They blatantly admit it, with no shame whatsoever....absolutely 100 percent, whacked out, absurd! And we're arguing with that stupidity??!! Ignorance of that kind can never be penetrated...never, ever, never. No wonder most of us just sit back and laugh at them anymore!
I don't believe you have had much experience with Protestants then. If you go to a bible study with them they will be frothing at the mouth at a chance to inform you of the real deal and save you while they argue amongst themselves what scripture says and give you loads of bogus information on what you believe. The reality is there are many ill informed Protestants and there are many Catholics who do not know anything about history and lack knowledge of the faith. The ravenous wolves are out there seeking to devour anyone they can. If one is inclined to believe the many many falsehoods seen in here without reasoned research which none of them ever do or super fair guys like jethro obviously a stand in for the remake of beverly hills but far more clueless. Notice how the Protestants try so hard to save him? So pathetic! How many say they used to be catholic only to find they dont really know anything? ALOT! Apparently they went to church on Christmas and never learned anything else.

2 cor. 11: 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Acts 20:30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

Titus 1:10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

Revelation 2:2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have no business quoting from the Bible to disprove the Catholic faith when it was the Catholic Church who gave you the Bible. This is the brash arrogance of Protestant Christians, who are ignorant of history and twist the Scriptures to their own destruction. I call it “spoiled brat Christianity.” You despise the very Mother who gave you the Scriptures. The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but you only know that because the Catholic Church told you so. "
"The Catholic Church wrote, translated, copied, and preserved God's written word throughout the ages. That is the only reason you even have a Bible. Quit trying to interpret the Scriptures without the Church, because it is the Bible in the Church, the Church before the Bible, the Bible and the Church (both or neither)."
~~~

THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN OVER A PERIOD OF 1600 YEARS BY MEN INSPIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...

The Holy Ghost was the author and the men that penned it down were his secretaries...THE ORTHODOX CHURCH COMPILED IT. put it together.

It really must take some gall for any man to say that his pagan church wrote the Holy Scriptures...and attempt to lay claim to them...

The arrogance is beyond expression.

Thats some more of your Constantine-ism and it is certain constant.

AND CONSISTANT ....ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER.FROM THOSE THAT/who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

GOD'S WRATH WILL COME FOR YOUR LIES.
____

THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID OF THE WORD OF GOD...

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you have had much experience with Protestants then. If you go to a bible study with them they will be frothing at the mouth at a chance to inform you of the real deal and save you while they argue amongst themselves what scripture says and give you loads of bogus information on what you believe. The reality is there are many ill informed Protestants and there are many Catholics who do not know anything about history and lack knowledge of the faith. The ravenous wolves are out there seeking to devour anyone they can. If one is inclined to believe the many many falsehoods seen in here without reasoned research which none of them ever do or super fair guys like jethro obviously a stand in for the remake of beverly hills but far more clueless. Notice how the Protestants try so hard to save him? So pathetic! How many say they used to be catholic only to find they dont really know anything? ALOT! Apparently they went to church on Christmas and never learned anything else.
2 cor. 11: 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
Acts 20:30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.
Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Titus 1:10 For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group.
2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
Revelation 2:2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
" or super fair guys like jethro obviously a stand in for the remake of beverly hills but far more clueless."

Lol!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

alan wrote:
<quoted text>How the H E L L does a Bible character talk to anyboby? Let alone create a universe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Numbers 22:28

Balaam's Donkey

23And the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the donkey turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam struck the donkey, to turn her into the way.

24But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on one side, and a wall on the other side.

25And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he struck her again.

26And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.

27And when the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he struck the donkey with a staff.

28And the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto you, that you have smitten me these three times?

29And Balaam said unto the donkey, Because you have mocked me: I would there were a sword in my hand, for now would I kill you.

30And the donkey said unto Balaam, Am not I your donkey, upon which you have ridden ever since I became yours unto this day? was I ever accustomed to do so unto you? And he said, Nay.

31Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.

32And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why have you struck your donkey these three times? behold, I went out to withstand you, because your way is perverse before me:

33And the donkey saw me, and turned from me these three times: unless she had turned from me, surely now also I would have slain you, and saved her alive.

34And Balaam said unto the angel of the LORD, I have sinned; for I knew not that you stood in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease you, I will go back again.

35And the angel of the LORD said unto Balaam, Go with the men: but only the word that I shall speak unto you, that you shall speak. So Balaam went with the leaders of Balak.

36And when Balak heard that Balaam was come, he went out to meet him unto a city of Moab, which is on the border of Arnon, which is on the farthest boundary.

37And Balak said unto Balaam, Did I not earnestly send unto you to call you? why came you not unto me? am I not able indeed to promote you to honor?

38And Balaam said unto Balak, Lo, I am come unto you: have I now any power at all to say any thing? the word that God puts in my mouth, that shall I speak.

39And Balaam went with Balak, and they came unto Kiriathhuzoth.

40And Balak offered oxen and sheep, and sent to Balaam, and to the leaders that were with him.

41And it came to pass the next day, that Balak took Balaam, and brought him up into the high places of Baal, that from there he might see the extent of the people.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN OVER A PERIOD OF 1600 YEARS BY MEN INSPIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...
The Holy Ghost was the author and the men that penned it down were his secretaries...THE ORTHODOX CHURCH COMPILED IT. put it together.
It really must take some gall for any man to say that his pagan church wrote the Holy Scriptures...and attempt to lay claim to them...
The arrogance is beyond expression.
Thats some more of your Constantine-ism and it is certain constant.
AND CONSISTANT ....ONE LIE AFTER ANOTHER.FROM THOSE THAT/who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
GOD'S WRATH WILL COME FOR YOUR LIES.
____
THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID OF THE WORD OF GOD...
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Once again, the irrefutable fact is you have the Catholic Church to thank for the bible you own (even your abridged version).

And BTW, St. Paul was writing this letter to the Catholic Church in Rome.

" For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;"

This would apply to heretics such as yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU USE THE INTERNET FOR YOUR REFERENCES...AND QUOTE YOUR (so called church..) History.

YOU MEASURE YOURSELF BY YOURSELF....YOUR SORDID HISTORY..

THAT CONTAINS...TORTURE... MURDER... RAPE... SODOMY...AND A WHOLE LIST OF UNGODLY HORRIFIC SINS...

2Co_10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

I DON'T USE LINKS....I give you SCRIPTURES TO VALIDATE WHAT I WRITE...

I DON'T USE REGURITATED (ALREADY DIGESTED LINKS) I GIVE THE WORD OF GOD
IN MY POST..BOOK CHAPER AND VERSES...

SOMETHING YOU CAN'T DO BECAUSE YOU ARE IGNORANT OF BIBLE
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" or super fair guys like jethro obviously a stand in for the remake of beverly hills but far more clueless."
Lol!
Yee Doggie!...That boy has sho done a whole heapa learning. ;)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
One issue that is very damaging to idea of a Pope is the fact that some of the popes were so depraved, even people who professed no religion at all were ashamed of them.
Looking into the history of the papacy, it is easy to see that not all popes were holy men. Accusations against them included but were not limited to blasphemy, simony (the buying and selling of the papal office), perjury, murder, adultery, intercourse with virgins and nuns, incest, sodomy, bestiality, robbery, idolatry, magic, infidelity, and gross and unnatural immorality.
Historians, even Roman Catholic historians will even attest to the fact there have been many sinful popes. Therefore, if popes are supposed to be the "representatives of Christ" here on earth and they are living an immoral lifestyle, should their commands still be obeyed if they are living in sin? No, it would be hypocritical for them to make rulings and decrees, and yet this is exactly what has been done by the popes
So called, "Apostolic Succession" has already been debunked - a Pope dying in about a month could not have rcvd all that was required in all the teachings, in such a short amount of time.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Ciphering is his legacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,721 - 403,740 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••