Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
403,721 - 403,740 of 533,652 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. Disagreeing is part of the protestant creed.
Anthony....

Just think of what the WORK of the Holy Spirit is and why we receive it???

Didn't David lay claim to Holy Spirit inspiration???

2 Samuel 23:2

2 “The Spirit of the Lord spoke through me;
his word was on my tongue.

Now, WHO fully accepted David's claim to the Holy Spirit inspiration???

Peter fully accepted David’s inspiration...

Acts 1:15-16

15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)

16 and said,“Brothers and sisters,~~~~~the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through DAVID concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus.~~~~~
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who is in your own opinion is the authority to make saints Anthony, would you believe Jesus Christ is the only one , that is my opinion.
We don't have to die to became a saint in reality we have to be alive to became followers of Jesus .
Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
you do understand that scripture don't you Anthony its very clear.
to be God's saints we have to [recieve the spirit of adoption] to became the children of God (SAINTS OF GOD).
ROMANS 10: YOU SHOULD READ IT ANTHONY, ITS CLEAR WHAT IT SAYS.
I AM INTERPRETING NOTHING. ITS FROM THE HOLY SCRIPTURE IT IS MEANT FOR US TO READ GOD WANTS YOU TO READ IT.
I agree. Jesus is the one who decides who is a saint.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Only saints are in heaven.
Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ

Who are the saints being equip for the work of the mininstry?

Christians around the world?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Only saints are in heaven.
Paul doesnt agree with you, as i told you earlier.lol.

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

here we see that Paul is talking about a church that has members that are Sanctified(my type of people) and are called to be saints.

they aint dead yet Anthony, not dead yet.

your theology is pretty weak, and so the remedy for that is called kneeology
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is really a Christian. A Christian who shares the gospel may do it by feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc. Very few are equipped to correctly interpret the scriptures and preach infallibly, and none can do it all by themselves.
Anthony...your wrote:

none can do it all by themselves.

They ARE NOT by themselves....

What about the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit guiding them???

1 Peter 1:10-12

10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you,~~~~~searched intently and with the greatest care,~~~~~

11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the [[[[[Spirit of Christ in them]]]]] was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.

12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, <<<<<when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have PREACHED the gospel to you *****by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven*****.>>>> > Even angels long to look into these things.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Niether Clay nor myself have used the term "trasubstantiation" during this recent discussion.
he inferred it, anthony.

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston, how is it possible to profane the Body and blood of Jesus Christ, if its just a symbol?
1cor 11:27

anyway, we find that you people have been lying to us by saying the Apsotles taught it and now we know that they didnt.

hopefully this will stop those kinds of lies being told

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you dont know much about Christian Pastors.
Pastors Preach about love of God and giving your life to Him. I learned along time ago that i cant drag people to the altar. satan is much stonger than I am and can drag them back.
It takes the Sweet Holy Spirit to bring someone to God, so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.
SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU.But you can mock me all you wish, I dont care.
and since you want to make it personal, look at what is on your side, poor old ROB has to be very careful about sipping some wine in case he falls of the wagon. A Chrsitian that is Saved, would never have to worry about that. when God Saved him/her, they then have the Power to resist the devil, poor old ROB doesnt.
so eyah, like Paul, I too, in my time have saw the lord Jesus, and eeven on my side, I am rediculed by people like the sda, but that doesnt change the Fact that I did see Him, and I am alive to testify of it.
and if you or anyone else that doubts it, makes it to heaven, then ask Jesus where he was at in Jan 1965, 48 years ago tomorrow.lol
preston

Looks like you don't need the Lord's Prayer, like the rest of us mere humans...."lead us not into temptation"....That sounds like arrogance, that leads to pride. Definitely a hell-bound direction, since pride leads to destruction....

Your invention of God creating a man to be put into Mary, rather than having a woman conceive in her womb, of the lie of Adam, by the power of God, no doubt a great invention by your mind, has set you up there with Satan himself....

So your perpetuating your encounters with Jesus in person, put you into the deceived, or delusional category, since you don't know Jesus was a human being of Adam's lineage, and the pride you take in assumming you cannot do evil, by God's Power....That is an assumption of Satan....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

of the line of Adam
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who is in your own opinion is the authority to make saints Anthony, would you believe Jesus Christ is the only one , that is my opinion.
We don't have to die to became a saint in reality we have to be alive to became followers of Jesus .
Romans 8
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
you do understand that scripture don't you Anthony its very clear.
to be God's saints we have to [recieve the spirit of adoption] to became the children of God (SAINTS OF GOD).
ROMANS 10: YOU SHOULD READ IT ANTHONY, ITS CLEAR WHAT IT SAYS.
I AM INTERPRETING NOTHING. ITS FROM THE HOLY SCRIPTURE IT IS MEANT FOR US TO READ GOD WANTS YOU TO READ IT.
Jesus decides who the saints are. You don't decide you're a saint by reading the bible. Sorry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there is more to it then searching, Anthony.....lots more....
I don't go by the good feeling experiences, Anthony....
I go by the TRUTH found in the Word of God....
So do those who disagree with you. Who's right?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Clay saints are only in Heaven. Who's right...you or Clay?
I didn't say it quite like that. I said everyone in Heaven is a Saint. I also said its ok to call people on Earth a Saint too.

I ALSO WAS CLEAR that I do not know official Church teaching on this subject and I am only giving my unauthoritative opinion.(sorta like what you protestants do)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It is very seldom that the Truth impresses people that are gullible enough to believe the lies taught by catholicism, so I am not the least bit surprised.
You are not the authority, regardless of any personal revelations you say you received, to declare the truth or non-truth of Catholic teaching.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Paul doesnt agree with you, as i told you earlier.lol.
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
here we see that Paul is talking about a church that has members that are Sanctified(my type of people) and are called to be saints.
they aint dead yet Anthony, not dead yet.
your theology is pretty weak, and so the remedy for that is called kneeology
Read my statement again Preston. You "k"need remedial reading and comprehension lessons.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
it looks by this article that someone on this forum has been lying to us by saying that the Apostles taught transubstantiation. of course, Chrsitians already knew that.
HistoryThe earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ that was believed to occur in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours (died 1133), in the 11th century and by the end of the 12th century the term was in widespread use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiati...
now that is almost 1100 years later than the Words of Christ.
Friends if I got to continue to pronounce one lie after another, I would go back to being a lost sinner
I haven't seen anyone say anything about transubstantiation, Preston. Why would you say they did when they didn't?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you really that naive clay, that this OLD OHIO COUNTRY BOY NEEDS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING LIKE THAT?
It isnt the body and the blood that is being profane, but more the sacrifice that he Made.
and that is why, at that table or at that altar, you will see old time Christians weeping and mourning for the One that gave His life for them.
for Catholics, it is nothing but a ritual that they go to every weeek. to a Chriastian it is so much more.
I really wish that you could see that and realize just what you are missing out on by not having a real Spiritual experience with jesus
The problem with you career ministers are much like the problems with career politicians.
You'll say and do anything to keep your career and image afloat.
Any of us can dissect Holy Scripture and see what we want. It doesn't make it truth. Christ already revealed these things you all bicker about. It can't be undone Preston.
Btw, if you think 'career minister' is an insult, its nothing compared to telling us we're all going to hell for being Catholic. Got it?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he inferred it, anthony.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston, how is it possible to profane the Body and blood of Jesus Christ, if its just a symbol?
1cor 11:27
anyway, we find that you people have been lying to us by saying the Apsotles taught it and now we know that they didnt.
hopefully this will stop those kinds of lies being told
No he did not. You brought up the term transubstantiation, which if you knew half as much as you think you do about our Church, you would know that the reality of the Eucharist and the purpose of the usage of the term transubstantiation are not the same thing.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I go by the TRUTH found in the Word of God....
OK!! Which one of the 42,000 contradicting Protestant "relative truths" are you referring to in the Word of God?? The bible is "inundated" with "Protestant" interpreted (or better yet mis-interpreted) cherry picked (supposed) Truths.

*In Ephesians 2:20 apostles are called the foundation of the Church
*In I Corinthians 3:11 Jesus is called the foundation of the Church
*In I Corinthians 3:12 the faithful build upon the foundation
*In Matthew 16:18 Jesus builds upon the foundation
*In I Peter 2:5 faithful are called stones of Gods spiritual house
*In Acts 4:11 Jesus is called the stone of Gods house
*In I Corinthians 3:16 the faithful are the temple of God
*In the Apocalypse 21:22 Jesus is the temple of God
*In Acts 20:28 the apostles are called the bishops of the flock
*In I Peter 2:25 Jesus is called the bishop of the flock

So which one of your 42,000 inconsistent "smorgasboard" of (cafeteria style) "pick and choose" (truths) are you talking about!!

Jesus taught us in Sacred Scripture about His One True Church and the authority He granted to his Apostles and their successors. The Bible is the Word of God but it is NOT the ONLY authority for Christians! It can't be --because it cannot interpret itself to arrive at the TRUTH. Most "definitely not" 42,000+ bible only Protestant (inconsistent and conflicting) interpretations...... The Bible directs us to an authority "outside of itself" to understand what it "actually means"! That is why Paul, in 1 Timothy 3:15 calls "the Church (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. Catholics have the "greatest love for Sacred Scripture, to insure that it is "properly interpreted" and not (abused) by false and heretical interpretations that continue to divide "the body of Christ"
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it quite like that. I said everyone in Heaven is a Saint. I also said its ok to call people on Earth a Saint too.
I ALSO WAS CLEAR that I do not know official Church teaching on this subject and I am only giving my unauthoritative opinion.(sorta like what you protestants do)
There is a difference between calling someone a saint and the ones who really are saints and the saints that Paul spoke of in Eph 4:12 are really saints or christians who have faith in Christ here on earth. Paul explains equipping them for the ministry.

**Don't have to find out what church teaching is Clay. It's right there in black and white.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony...your wrote:
none can do it all by themselves.
They ARE NOT by themselves....
What about the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit guiding them???
1 Peter 1:10-12
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you,~~~~~searched intently and with the greatest care,~~~~~
11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the [[[[[Spirit of Christ in them]]]]] was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.
12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, <<<<<when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have PREACHED the gospel to you *****by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven*****.>>>> > Even angels long to look into these things.
Today's protestants are not the recipients of the letters written by St. Paul. Much as you all want to put yourselves in their place, it cannot be done because you have seperated yourselves from the Church. He would not have considered you part of this or any other Christian community to whom he was preaching and teaching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why are you and the other catholics changing the Word and subtituting the word[ bread] for flesh and the [wine] for blood?
YOU JUST POSTED WHAT JESUS SAID, SO WHY TRY AND CHANGE HIS WORDS AND THEIR MEANING?
Whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine .
SEE THAT AGAIN. IT IS BREAD, NOT FLESH, WINE, NOT BLOOD.
preston

I Cor 11

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

It is rather obvious that the blood is the wine, and bread is the body of Christ. As Paul writes in verse 23 "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you...." How could he have received it from the Lord if he had not been there? It is because of the tradition of the Last Supper, which is the testament and sacrament, of which Paul writes....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 1 hr Kop 2
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 2 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 10 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 12 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••