Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,070
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418948 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I was mistaken. You've never read John 6.
They understood He was talking about eating His flesh, AND THEY NO LONGER FOLLOWED HIM. Sounds like protestantism.
And in fact, Jesus's flesh, the same flesh which suffered and died on the cross IS help to us. It's the sacrifice of His flesh that saves us. The words He spoke, the reality of the Eucharist, His body and blood, cannot be understood carnally, as those who left him did and how today's protestants do.
ok
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418949 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...I already go to a church
If I'm wrong about Eph 4:12 being christians/saints that are here on earth being eqipped for the ministry, jump in. Interpret for me
Let's just say I have more confidence in St. Paul's ability to discern who a saint is than you or your protestant pastor.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418950 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I have more confidence in St. Paul's ability to discern who a saint is than you or your protestant pastor.
Thanks for the interpretation.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418951 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
But what you see as good, other protestants reject, yet you all claim inspiration by the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:5-6

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but ~~~~~those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.~~~~~

6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but [the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.]

Anthony....people who pursue spiritual things, pursue the things of the Spirit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418952 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont wish to make fun of Clay but he did that the other day when he told someone tha he would look at some catchism to see that he believed in.
for these people to tell us that the rcc produced the Bible, they know very little about it and dont want to learn, either.
and those of us that do know something about the Bible, they tell us we dont have any Authority to speak about it.lol
it isnt as tho the Bible is under a top Secret classification and you must get that clearance to read it.
There are plenty of protestant bible scholars out there who know more about the where the bible came from and what's in it than you will ever know. And most disagree with your take on it. The problem is, every protestant who picks up a bible says they're an authority because they say the Holy Spirit is guiding them. Who are you, or any other protestant for that matter, to tell them they're wrong?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418953 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
? Tony

Are Christians all over the world equipped to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418954 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I was mistaken. You've never read John 6.
They understood He was talking about eating His flesh, AND THEY NO LONGER FOLLOWED HIM. Sounds like protestantism.
And in fact, Jesus's flesh, the same flesh which suffered and died on the cross IS help to us. It's the sacrifice of His flesh that saves us. The words He spoke, the reality of the Eucharist, His body and blood, cannot be understood carnally, as those who left him did and how today's protestants do.
you left out three little letters.

They [mis] understood He was talking about eating His flesh.

now that is the corrected version of what transpired.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418955 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bibled is alrezdy clear that there will be many preaches that stand before God and he will reject them. anthony isnt pulling something new out of a hat. Jesus already warned us about those false teachers, so anthony should open his own church doors and look closely at his own clerics.
they arent exactly where God would have them, that is 4 sure.getting drunk, stealing money from the coffers, dealing drugs, and those are the least of their sins.
as for Hanks Pastor, at least he no doubt, is Preaching about Jesus, that beats some cleric giving anthony a piece of grain and saying that gets him into heaven
I will overlook your ignorance about my Church because I know you live in a relatively backwards part of the country which has a preponderance of loud-mouthed fire breathing preachers who claim to be the reincarnation of St. Paul and probably scare the hell out of simple minded country folk, so they submit to them in droves.

But I'm not so sure Jesus will.

Location hidden

#418956 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
we have no problem with that understanding in fact, we agree, your church and your popes havent a clue as to who Paul was calling saints.

now, what your problem is this, you dont know either.

like the Jewish people, catholics have had a veil placed over their eyes so they cant see what is Truth.

Location hidden

#418957 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of protestant bible scholars out there who know more about the where the bible came from and what's in it than you will ever know. And most disagree with your take on it. The problem is, every protestant who picks up a bible says they're an authority because they say the Holy Spirit is guiding them. Who are you, or any other protestant for that matter, to tell them they're wrong?
I disagree, those so called scholars ONLY give their opinion as to what and where the bible came from.

and then, we come to the end result, do they know God and Jesus? that is the most important thing. not where the Bible came from or anything like that.what was that verse that I quoted the other day about Jesus not calling those who are wise.lol

and I will be honest, I doubt if very many can tell you anymore about being Saved than i can
Clay

United States

#418958 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You see Tony....when Jesus talked about His body and blood, the people thought the samething the catholics believe. Is this guy really talking about eating His flesh and blood???
And then a person with common sense would read this and know what Jesus is referring to:
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
However you will still deny this because you are catholic.
I would deny it because it was never taught. If Christ wanted this verse to undo His other passages about eating His flesh, then that's what the Apostles would have taught. The reality is: it wasn't until the Bible was printed, that Luther undid this dogma and taught how you see it today.

"Whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine in an unworthy manner, will be guilty of profaining the Body and Blood of Our Lord"
Apostle Paul, 1 cor 11:27

How can you profaine the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ if its just a symbol?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418959 Jan 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:5-6
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but ~~~~~those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.~~~~~
6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but [the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.]
Anthony....people who pursue spiritual things, pursue the things of the Spirit.
Hank, you are convinced of your beliefs, others are of theirs. You all claim to be guided by the Holy Spirit, yet the beliefs are contradictory. I agree it's good for us to search for truth, but is it just the searching that will save us or is it in the discovery of it? It's vital that we know what the truth is, our salvation depends on it. We must look beyond our own personal good feeling experiences and rely also on the testimony of the generations of Christians who came before us. They were the closest to the Truth, they heard Him and they heard the apostles.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418960 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you left out three little letters.
No Christian, including St. Paul, accepted your version until 15 centuries later.

Location hidden

#418961 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I will overlook your ignorance about my Church because I know you live in a relatively backwards part of the country which has a preponderance of loud-mouthed fire breathing preachers who claim to be the reincarnation of St. Paul and probably scare the hell out of simple minded country folk, so they submit to them in droves.
But I'm not so sure Jesus will.
LOL, you dont know much about Christian Pastors.

Pastors Preach about love of God and giving your life to Him. I learned along time ago that i cant drag people to the altar. satan is much stonger than I am and can drag them back.

It takes the Sweet Holy Spirit to bring someone to God, so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.

SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU.But you can mock me all you wish, I dont care.

and since you want to make it personal, look at what is on your side, poor old ROB has to be very careful about sipping some wine in case he falls of the wagon. A Chrsitian that is Saved, would never have to worry about that. when God Saved him/her, they then have the Power to resist the devil, poor old ROB doesnt.

so eyah, like Paul, I too, in my time have saw the lord Jesus, and eeven on my side, I am rediculed by people like the sda, but that doesnt change the Fact that I did see Him, and I am alive to testify of it.

and if you or anyone else that doubts it, makes it to heaven, then ask Jesus where he was at in Jan 1965, 48 years ago tomorrow.lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418962 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree, Anthony!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418963 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>we have no problem with that understanding in fact, we agree, your church and your popes havent a clue as to who Paul was calling saints.
now, what your problem is this, you dont know either.
like the Jewish people, catholics have had a veil placed over their eyes so they cant see what is Truth.
The Christians in Ephesus, having been taught by St. Paul, having the Blessed Virgin and St. John among them, were saints.

You and your protestant brethren, 2000 years removed and preaching a contradictory gospel can call yourselves saints all you want. That doesn't make it so.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418964 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, those so called scholars ONLY give their opinion as to what and where the bible came from.
and then, we come to the end result, do they know God and Jesus? that is the most important thing. not where the Bible came from or anything like that.what was that verse that I quoted the other day about Jesus not calling those who are wise.lol
and I will be honest, I doubt if very many can tell you anymore about being Saved than i can
Oh that's right, I forgot, you're the reincarnation of St. Paul.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418965 Jan 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would deny it because it was never taught. If Christ wanted this verse to undo His other passages about eating His flesh, then that's what the Apostles would have taught. The reality is: it wasn't until the Bible was printed, that Luther undid this dogma and taught how you see it today.
"Whoever eats the bread and drinks the wine in an unworthy manner, will be guilty of profaining the Body and Blood of Our Lord"
Apostle Paul, 1 cor 11:27
How can you profaine the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ if its just a symbol?
Because Christ explains here...do you see this Clay...read it

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

**His body and blood will be shed for our sins. Believe in Him and we will have eternal life.
Clay

United States

#418966 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you left out three little letters.
Hey Preston, how is it possible to profane the Body and blood of Jesus Christ, if its just a symbol?
1cor 11:27
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418967 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you dont know much about Christian Pastors.
Pastors Preach about love of God and giving your life to Him. I learned along time ago that i cant drag people to the altar. satan is much stonger than I am and can drag them back.
It takes the Sweet Holy Spirit to bring someone to God, so I never preach hell fire and dammnation.
SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU.But you can mock me all you wish, I dont care.
and since you want to make it personal, look at what is on your side, poor old ROB has to be very careful about sipping some wine in case he falls of the wagon. A Chrsitian that is Saved, would never have to worry about that. when God Saved him/her, they then have the Power to resist the devil, poor old ROB doesnt.
so eyah, like Paul, I too, in my time have saw the lord Jesus, and eeven on my side, I am rediculed by people like the sda, but that doesnt change the Fact that I did see Him, and I am alive to testify of it.
and if you or anyone else that doubts it, makes it to heaven, then ask Jesus where he was at in Jan 1965, 48 years ago tomorrow.lol
Save it for your Ohio country folk Preston, you don't impress me at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 4 hr Barbarian 1
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••