Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,921
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418938 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't until you sat down and read John 6 by yourself that you decided the Catholic version was wrong? You never heard that from any protestant? No protestant preacher helped you understand it "correctly"?
Yeah right.
You see Tony....when Jesus talked about His body and blood, the people thought the samething the catholics believe. Is this guy really talking about eating His flesh and blood???

And then a person with common sense would read this and know what Jesus is referring to:

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

However you will still deny this because you are catholic.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#418939 Jan 30, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. All Popes have sinned as well as all Protestant Pastors.
Its funny, but the same Pastors who trash the Papacy, have declared themselves more of an authority than all our Popes combined.
Not even the successors to Peter can change the Holy Scriptures. That's why today, our teachings look very different than our Protestant friends. We didn't change, you guys did. In fact, your teachings change from generation to generation. Heck, none you remotely resemble the first Protestants...nor the 2nd or 3rd wave of Protestants. No wonder you point to us and say we go against the Bible! Your grandkids will look at you and say the same thing. As Old JG declared,'ford doesn't make the same cars as their first one. They have new and better ones'. You guys have new and better teachings! Unfortunately, that would mean the Apostles and their disciples had old cars so there not sufficient for us in the yr 2013.
The Roman Catholic Church is built on lies, its teachings are not bibical proven.
The vatican and its treasure belong to the millions upon millions of innocent men and woman who were murdered, for the sole purpose of retaining land and property that belonged to them.
And they were charged with opposing the teachings of the catholic church and killed in the name of God.( MEAN WHILE EVERYTHING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS DONE IN THE PASSED AND SINCE, IS FOR GREED AND POWER, GOD WOULD NEVER HAVE A PROVED OF SUCH MONSTER,LUSTFUL MEN.
WHO MURDERED THEIR OWN CHILDREN BROTHERS, AND FAMILY TO SIT IN THE POPES CHAIR.
JESUS SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR 'WOE ONTO YOU' YOU HYPOCRTIC.
GOD'S true church don't be absurd, its a den full of demons.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418940 Jan 30, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on to what is good, Anthony???
Which, of course, would be God's Word....
But what you see as good, other protestants reject, yet you all claim inspiration by the Holy Spirit.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418941 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"never leave it to chance"
You both have searched the scriptures and come to different conclusions. Since it's impossible that the Holy Spirit is telling you different things, tell me how it's not chance that you rely on your own personal intellectual abilities to determine truth?
The very fact that it is possible to "twist" Godís word means
that there is a right way and a wrong way to interpret it.

Ephesians 3:4

4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418942 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you should be starting your own protestant denomination since you're able to infallibly interpret scripture all by your lonesome, uh, I mean you and the Holy Spirit. Where do I sign up?
Nah...I already go to a church

If I'm wrong about Eph 4:12 being christians/saints that are here on earth being eqipped for the ministry, jump in. Interpret for me

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418943 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No...not a gotcha moment.
All I'm saying is the passage is talking about saints/christians here on earth. Christians are eqipped for the ministry.
Ask father dye???? just like all the other questions Clay. You piggy back on other catholics because you don't know. You believe things because that's what you are told to believe.
I dont wish to make fun of Clay but he did that the other day when he told someone tha he would look at some catchism to see that he believed in.

for these people to tell us that the rcc produced the Bible, they know very little about it and dont want to learn, either.

and those of us that do know something about the Bible, they tell us we dont have any Authority to speak about it.lol

it isnt as tho the Bible is under a top Secret classification and you must get that clearance to read it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418944 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not picking on you Hank, but you and LTM are 'testing the spirits' and you're getting conflicting results. How can that be?
God has expressed the need for man to understand His written word (a must for a Christian.)

He has both implied and commanded that we must come to understand His will according to Scripture.

If you were a Math teacher, Anthony, wouldn't you want your students to know that 2 + 2 = 4????

So God expects men to read His word and come to the proper understanding.

Location hidden

#418945 Jan 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, that is why God told us to search the scritpures, never leave it to chance that what the Pastor is preaching is Bibical.
the Bibled is alrezdy clear that there will be many preaches that stand before God and he will reject them. anthony isnt pulling something new out of a hat. Jesus already warned us about those false teachers, so anthony should open his own church doors and look closely at his own clerics.

they arent exactly where God would have them, that is 4 sure.getting drunk, stealing money from the coffers, dealing drugs, and those are the least of their sins.

as for Hanks Pastor, at least he no doubt, is Preaching about Jesus, that beats some cleric giving anthony a piece of grain and saying that gets him into heaven
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418946 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You see Tony....when Jesus talked about His body and blood, the people thought the samething the catholics believe. Is this guy really talking about eating His flesh and blood???
And then a person with common sense would read this and know what Jesus is referring to:
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
However you will still deny this because you are catholic.
Maybe I was mistaken. You've never read John 6.

They understood He was talking about eating His flesh, AND THEY NO LONGER FOLLOWED HIM. Sounds like protestantism.

And in fact, Jesus's flesh, the same flesh which suffered and died on the cross IS help to us. It's the sacrifice of His flesh that saves us. The words He spoke, the reality of the Eucharist, His body and blood, cannot be understood carnally, as those who left him did and how today's protestants do.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418947 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont wish to make fun of Clay but he did that the other day when he told someone tha he would look at some catchism to see that he believed in.
for these people to tell us that the rcc produced the Bible, they know very little about it and dont want to learn, either.
and those of us that do know something about the Bible, they tell us we dont have any Authority to speak about it.lol
it isnt as tho the Bible is under a top Secret classification and you must get that clearance to read it.
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.

***How long has God used you to equip the saints in your church for the ministry?

**The passage is pretty clear isn't it?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418948 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They understood He was talking about eating His flesh, AND THEY NO LONGER FOLLOWED HIM. Sounds like protestantism.
And in fact, Jesus's flesh, the same flesh which suffered and died on the cross IS help to us. It's the sacrifice of His flesh that saves us. The words He spoke, the reality of the Eucharist, His body and blood, cannot be understood carnally, as those who left him did and how today's protestants do.
ok
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418949 Jan 30, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...I already go to a church
If I'm wrong about Eph 4:12 being christians/saints that are here on earth being eqipped for the ministry, jump in. Interpret for me
Let's just say I have more confidence in St. Paul's ability to discern who a saint is than you or your protestant pastor.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418950 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I have more confidence in St. Paul's ability to discern who a saint is than you or your protestant pastor.
Thanks for the interpretation.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418951 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
But what you see as good, other protestants reject, yet you all claim inspiration by the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:5-6

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but ~~~~~those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.~~~~~

6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but [the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.]

Anthony....people who pursue spiritual things, pursue the things of the Spirit.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418952 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont wish to make fun of Clay but he did that the other day when he told someone tha he would look at some catchism to see that he believed in.
There are plenty of protestant bible scholars out there who know more about the where the bible came from and what's in it than you will ever know. And most disagree with your take on it. The problem is, every protestant who picks up a bible says they're an authority because they say the Holy Spirit is guiding them. Who are you, or any other protestant for that matter, to tell them they're wrong?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#418953 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
? Tony

Are Christians all over the world equipped to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Location hidden

#418954 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
you left out three little letters.

They [mis] understood He was talking about eating His flesh.

now that is the corrected version of what transpired.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418955 Jan 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bibled is alrezdy clear that there will be many preaches that stand before God and he will reject them. anthony isnt pulling something new out of a hat. Jesus already warned us about those false teachers, so anthony should open his own church doors and look closely at his own clerics.
they arent exactly where God would have them, that is 4 sure.getting drunk, stealing money from the coffers, dealing drugs, and those are the least of their sins.
as for Hanks Pastor, at least he no doubt, is Preaching about Jesus, that beats some cleric giving anthony a piece of grain and saying that gets him into heaven
I will overlook your ignorance about my Church because I know you live in a relatively backwards part of the country which has a preponderance of loud-mouthed fire breathing preachers who claim to be the reincarnation of St. Paul and probably scare the hell out of simple minded country folk, so they submit to them in droves.

But I'm not so sure Jesus will.

Location hidden

#418956 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
we have no problem with that understanding in fact, we agree, your church and your popes havent a clue as to who Paul was calling saints.

now, what your problem is this, you dont know either.

like the Jewish people, catholics have had a veil placed over their eyes so they cant see what is Truth.

Location hidden

#418957 Jan 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of protestant bible scholars out there who know more about the where the bible came from and what's in it than you will ever know. And most disagree with your take on it. The problem is, every protestant who picks up a bible says they're an authority because they say the Holy Spirit is guiding them. Who are you, or any other protestant for that matter, to tell them they're wrong?
I disagree, those so called scholars ONLY give their opinion as to what and where the bible came from.

and then, we come to the end result, do they know God and Jesus? that is the most important thing. not where the Bible came from or anything like that.what was that verse that I quoted the other day about Jesus not calling those who are wise.lol

and I will be honest, I doubt if very many can tell you anymore about being Saved than i can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 57 min PopeTrueFace 3
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr witchie poo 83,888
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 8 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 8 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 19 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Crazy 8,687
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web