Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,184)

Showing posts 403,661 - 403,680 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we really really do trust God alone, does that help?
So you two must be trusting different gods because his is telling him something different than yours.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No...not a gotcha moment.
All I'm saying is the passage is talking about saints/christians here on earth. Christians are eqipped for the ministry.
Ask father dye???? just like all the other questions Clay. You piggy back on other catholics because you don't know. You believe things because that's what you are told to believe.
Fr Dye is a troubled man and most here wish him the best. Others use him as a prop.

He knows that it's called faith and nothing more.

Fr Dye is probably on an RCC forum now, where he can discuss faith, not fact. Like me, Fr Dye is troubled by the RCC's promotion of phony mysticism like Fatima and others. Fr Dye does not support the title of this thread, beyond its very technical meaning.

Imagine having to prove something absurd to validate one's faith, like so many Catholics here. It's going against history and reality. Yuck.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church believes that the bread and wine of the Holy Eucharist become the actual body and blood of Jesus. They attempt to support their system of thought with passages such as John 6:32-58; Matthew 26:26; Luke 22:17-23; and 1 Corinthians 11:24-25. In A.D. 1551, the Counsel of Trent officially stated, "By the consecration of the bread and wine there takes place a change of the whole substance of the bread into the substance of the body of Christ our Lord and of the whole substance of the wine into the substance of his blood. This change the holy Catholic Church has fittingly and properly called transubstantiation" (Session XIII, chapter IV; cf. canon II). By sharing in the Eucharistic meal, the Church teaches that Catholics are fulfilling John 6:53: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."
What does that really mean? Jesus goes on to say that "it is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life" (John 6:63-64). So, if "the flesh is of no avail," why would we have to eat Jesus' flesh in order to have eternal life? It does not make sense, until Jesus tells us that the words He speaks are "spirit." Jesus is saying that this is not a literal teaching, but a spiritual one. The language ties in perfectly with the aforementioned statement of the apostle Paul: "Present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship" (Romans 12:1).
In Jewish thought, bread was equated with the Torah, and "eating of it" was reading and understanding the covenant of God (cf. Deuteronomy 8:3). For example, the apocryphal book of Sirach states, "'He who eats of me will hunger still, he who drinks of me will thirst for more; he who obeys me will not be put to shame, he who serves me will never fail.' All this is true of the book of Most High's covenant, the law which Moses commanded us as an inheritance for the community of Jacob" (Sirach 24:20-22). Quoting from Sirach here is not endorsing it as Scripture; it only serves to illustrate how the Jewish people thought of Mosaic Law. It is important to understand the equating of bread with the Torah to appreciate Jesus' real point.
In John 6, Jesus is actually telling the crowd that He is superior to the Torah (cf. John 6:49-51) and the entire Mosaic system of Law. The passage from Sirach states that those who eat of the Law will "hunger still" and "thirst for more"; this language is mirrored by Jesus when He says, "He who comes to Me will never be hungry, he who believes in Me will never be thirsty" (John 6:35). Jesus is not commanding people to literally eat His flesh and drink His blood, He is telling them the core of all Christian doctrine: belief in Jesus Himself ("The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent," John 6:29, emphasis added). Therefore, the Catholic interpretation of John 6 is unbiblical.
Second, there is a very clear analogy in John 6 to the days of Moses and the eating of manna. In the days of Moses, manna was Godís provision for food for the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness. In John 6, however, Jesus claimed to be the true manna, the bread of heaven. With this statement Jesus claimed to be Godís full provision for salvation. Manna was Godís provision of deliverance from starvation. Jesus is Godís provision of deliverance from damnation. Just as the manna had to be consumed to preserve the lives of the Israelites, so Jesus has to be consumed (fully received by faith) for salvation to be received.
cont
"Counsel of Trent" ???

lol.

I guess you guys really don't take the bible literally.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm saying is the passage is talking about saints/christians here on earth. Christians are eqipped for the ministry.
Ask father dye???? just like all the other questions Clay. You piggy back on other catholics because you don't know. You believe things because that's what you are told to believe.
Piggy back? Lol. We Christians have to be on the same page. Well...you all may think we don't. You may think its up to each of us to determine the will of Jesus Christ based on our private take on Holy Scriptures. But that would be false.
The Catholic Church does not roll like that. So when i say 'ask Father Dye, I don't mean because he's an authority on Scriptures. But, he may know the teachings you ask. And these teachings will be in communion with Rome, just like it was 2,000 yrs ago.

I don't believe things simply because I'm told to. Rather, its because I have unwavering faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Trust that He will infallibly guide His Church to truth and protect her from error.
You say this original Church 'got it all wrong'. Christ did not protect it from error. He waited until the Bible was printed in 1450 AD?
I gotta ask you Chuck, which one of you are the fortunate ones to be in possession of the truth?
Is it You, Confrint, Ox, Preston, SDA guy, Harold Camping, Benny Hinn, David koresh, and thousands of other people who claimed to an called to preach the Bible?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Piggy back? Lol. We Christians have to be on the same page. Well...you all may think we don't. You may think its up to each of us to determine the will of Jesus Christ based on our private take on Holy Scriptures. But that would be false.
The Catholic Church does not roll like that. So when i say 'ask Father Dye, I don't mean because he's an authority on Scriptures. But, he may know the teachings you ask. And these teachings will be in communion with Rome, just like it was 2,000 yrs ago.
I don't believe things simply because I'm told to. Rather, its because I have unwavering faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Trust that He will infallibly guide His Church to truth and protect her from error.
You say this original Church 'got it all wrong'. Christ did not protect it from error. He waited until the Bible was printed in 1450 AD?
I gotta ask you Chuck, which one of you are the fortunate ones to be in possession of the truth?
Is it You, Confrint, Ox, Preston, SDA guy, Harold Camping, Benny Hinn, David koresh, and thousands of other people who claimed to an called to preach the Bible?
You said saints are only in Heaven. I asked you who the saints are in Eph 4 being eqipped for the ministry and you said you don't know. I said they are the christians here on earth...today. So how do you know that is wrong?

You don't know because you have been taught by man that saints are only in Heaven and there is a pefectly good explaination for Eph 4:12 because of the fact you have been told the opposite...right?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't until you sat down and read John 6 by yourself that you decided the Catholic version was wrong? You never heard that from any protestant? No protestant preacher helped you understand it "correctly"?

Yeah right.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank says the Holy Spirit is operating in the lives of men and women in his church. His pastor also preaches the word of God under the annointing of the Holy Spirit according to him. But his pastor preaches doctrines (developed by his DENOMINATION) which you and your pastor say are wrong.
How can this be possible?
Anthony, that is why God told us to search the scritpures, never leave it to chance that what the Pastor is preaching is Bibical.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sinless Protestant leader, just as there is no sinless priest or elected pope.
'For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'.
Ever read that somewhere?
Agreed. All Popes have sinned as well as all Protestant Pastors.
Its funny, but the same Pastors who trash the Papacy, have declared themselves more of an authority than all our Popes combined.
Not even the successors to Peter can change the Holy Scriptures. That's why today, our teachings look very different than our Protestant friends. We didn't change, you guys did. In fact, your teachings change from generation to generation. Heck, none you remotely resemble the first Protestants...nor the 2nd or 3rd wave of Protestants. No wonder you point to us and say we go against the Bible! Your grandkids will look at you and say the same thing. As Old JG declared,'ford doesn't make the same cars as their first one. They have new and better ones'. You guys have new and better teachings! Unfortunately, that would mean the Apostles and their disciples had old cars so there not sufficient for us in the yr 2013.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other than God."
In whose name????
In the Name of Jesus of course LOL
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hank says the Holy Spirit is operating in the lives of men and women in his church. His pastor also preaches the word of God under the annointing of the Holy Spirit according to him. But his pastor preaches doctrines (developed by his DENOMINATION) which you and your pastor say are wrong.
How can this be possible?
Because of His authority, Jesus commands His followers (disciples) to PREACH the gospel to all nations, to teach them that He is King and that they can have salvation through Him and be saved from His
judgment.

AUTHORITY!

"test the spirits"

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22

21 but test them all; hold on to what is good,

22 reject every kind of evil.

.....reject every kind of evil....

Are you rejecting every kind of evil, Anthony???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, that is why God told us to search the scritpures, never leave it to chance that what the Pastor is preaching is Bibical.
YEP!!1

"test the spirits"

There are many works being done by churches today which God has not given/shown His approval.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't until you sat down and read John 6 by yourself that you decided the Catholic version was wrong? You never heard that from any protestant? No protestant preacher helped you understand it "correctly"?
Yeah right.
Glad you agree
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

sorry for the double posts...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
"never leave it to chance"

You both have searched the scriptures and come to different conclusions. Since it's impossible that the Holy Spirit is telling you different things, tell me how it's not chance that you rely on your own personal intellectual abilities to determine truth?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of His authority, Jesus commands His followers (disciples) to PREACH the gospel to all nations, to teach them that He is King and that they can have salvation through Him and be saved from His
judgment.
AUTHORITY!
"test the spirits"
Hold on to what is good, Anthony???

Which, of course, would be God's Word....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

In the New Testament, God has told us [[[exactly]]] what He wants us (Christians) to do as the church (body of believers.)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you agree
Well, you should be starting your own protestant denomination since you're able to infallibly interpret scripture all by your lonesome, uh, I mean you and the Holy Spirit. Where do I sign up?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
judgment.
AUTHORITY!
"test the spirits"
Not picking on you Hank, but you and LTM are 'testing the spirits' and you're getting conflicting results. How can that be?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right.
You see Tony....when Jesus talked about His body and blood, the people thought the samething the catholics believe. Is this guy really talking about eating His flesh and blood???

And then a person with common sense would read this and know what Jesus is referring to:

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

However you will still deny this because you are catholic.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. All Popes have sinned as well as all Protestant Pastors.
Its funny, but the same Pastors who trash the Papacy, have declared themselves more of an authority than all our Popes combined.
Not even the successors to Peter can change the Holy Scriptures. That's why today, our teachings look very different than our Protestant friends. We didn't change, you guys did. In fact, your teachings change from generation to generation. Heck, none you remotely resemble the first Protestants...nor the 2nd or 3rd wave of Protestants. No wonder you point to us and say we go against the Bible! Your grandkids will look at you and say the same thing. As Old JG declared,'ford doesn't make the same cars as their first one. They have new and better ones'. You guys have new and better teachings! Unfortunately, that would mean the Apostles and their disciples had old cars so there not sufficient for us in the yr 2013.
The Roman Catholic Church is built on lies, its teachings are not bibical proven.
The vatican and its treasure belong to the millions upon millions of innocent men and woman who were murdered, for the sole purpose of retaining land and property that belonged to them.
And they were charged with opposing the teachings of the catholic church and killed in the name of God.( MEAN WHILE EVERYTHING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS DONE IN THE PASSED AND SINCE, IS FOR GREED AND POWER, GOD WOULD NEVER HAVE A PROVED OF SUCH MONSTER,LUSTFUL MEN.
WHO MURDERED THEIR OWN CHILDREN BROTHERS, AND FAMILY TO SIT IN THE POPES CHAIR.
JESUS SAID IT LOUD AND CLEAR 'WOE ONTO YOU' YOU HYPOCRTIC.
GOD'S true church don't be absurd, its a den full of demons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,661 - 403,680 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••