Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586616 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Cameron, MO

#418847 Jan 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
The Catholic church has yet to be judged....

Following the French Revolution when Napoleon arrested the Pope and seized the Papal States many priests were killed and the holy roman empire came to an end, as prophesied..

"And I heard the angel of the waters say, You are righteous, O Lord, which are, and were, and shall be, because you have judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are your judgments." (Rv 16:5-7)

This period was following Rome's long dark ages where she had persecuted Bible believers.

• The Pit Beast

www.geocities.ws/pitbeast

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#418848 Jan 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Following the French Revolution when Napoleon arrested the Pope and seized the Papal States many priests were killed and the holy roman empire came to an end, as prophesied..
"And I heard the angel of the waters say, You are righteous, O Lord, which are, and were, and shall be, because you have judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are your judgments." (Rv 16:5-7)
This period was following Rome's long dark ages where she had persecuted Bible believers.
• The Pit Beast
www.geocities.ws/pitbeast
"Whoever adds to the prophecies of this book will add to to the plagues described in this book"

REV 18:22

You sir, are adding to the Book of Revelation. It says nothing of the sort. You added your personal ideology to Johns visions.
Repent.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#418849 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So those protestants who reject your church's teachings are not being led by the Holy Spirit?
I think most of them here will disagree with you.
The church is people Anthony not a denomination, so God the Holy Spirit leads individuals.
You need to learn what the indwelling and the out pouring of the Holy Spirit is.
Go check out the website that teaches on this subject.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#418850 Jan 29, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The church is people Anthony not a denomination, so God the Holy Spirit leads individuals.
You need to learn what the indwelling and the out pouring of the Holy Spirit is.
LTM, we asked you and others to explain this a thousand times...
If the Holy Spirit is guiding you to truth, which one of you is teaching correctly?
If the Holy Spirit is guiding you all, why all the deception just to get your point across.
It seems you guys can't spread your religion without lying about Catholicism first.
That reeks of the devil.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418851 Jan 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Holy Spirit is guiding you to truth, which one of you is teaching correctly?
If the Holy Spirit is guiding you all, why all the deception just to get your point across.
It seems you guys can't spread your religion without lying about Catholicism first.
That reeks of the devil.
These have got to be the most ridiculous people I've ever encountered. They're lunatics who are actually informing their faith from the INTERNET of all places!!! Two of them are recommending in on this page alone! LOL!!!

They blatantly admit it, with no shame whatsoever....absolutely 100 percent, whacked out, absurd! And we're arguing with that stupidity??!! Ignorance of that kind can never be penetrated...never, ever, never. No wonder most of us just sit back and laugh at them anymore!
socci

Cameron, MO

#418852 Jan 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
"Whoever adds to the prophecies of this book will add to to the plagues described in this book"
REV 18:22
You sir, are adding to the Book of Revelation. It says nothing of the sort. You added your personal ideology to Johns visions.
Repent.

If I had added then this is true, but I've not. The entire book of Revelation is about the Roman harlot Church and beast-empire, following the prophecies of Daniel 2,7 & 8.

Instead we are told it is the romanists who are in danger of eternal damnation having the mark of the beast-roman empire.

Four empires of Daniel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

Rev 16 vials begin to pour out upon the western Roman empire at the French Revolution.

www.youtube.com/watch...

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418854 Jan 29, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Christ leaves mankind a church to whom He's given His absolute authority:

19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

A church commissioned to preach His word and confect His sacraments. A church established by Him to bring all men to Himself.

And where does LTM direct people?....

.....to an INTERNET WEB SITE!!
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418855 Jan 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had added then this is true, but I've not. The entire book of Revelation is about the Roman harlot Church and beast-empire, following the prophecies of Daniel 2,7 & 8.
Instead we are told it is the romanists who are in danger of eternal damnation having the mark of the beast-roman empire.
Four empires of Daniel
Rev 16 vials begin to pour out upon the western Roman empire at the French Revolution.
www.youtube.com/watch...
ROTFLOL........!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418856 Jan 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That reeks of the devil.
the FACT remains clay, that your ONE church is teaching ALL of you lies.

to even think that that piece of grain is actually turned into flesh is about as stupid as stupid can get.

we may have different denominations but no Christian church would ever be so stupid as to try and push that on any Chrsitian.

we aint that GULLIBLE, but we havent been read that marlarky for centuries either. that God for that.

Location hidden

#418857 Jan 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the funniest things I've ever read!
Christ leaves mankind a church to whom He's given His absolute authority:
19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
A church commissioned to preach His word and confect His sacraments. A church established by Him to bring all men to Himself.
And where does LTM direct people?....
.....to an INTERNET WEB SITE!!
tell us reg when He gave the church that absolute Authority.

your answer is proof enough that it wasnt given to your roman catholic church, if you are truthful.

the FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY JEWISH CONVERTS. NOT A LATIN IN THE BUNCH.LOL

Location hidden

#418858 Jan 29, 2013
Jewish Christians were the original members of the Jewish reform movement that later became Christianity.[1] In the earliest stage the community was made up of all those Jews who accepted Jesus of Nazareth as a venerable person or even the messiah, and was thus equivalent to all Christians.[1] As Christianity grew and evolved Jewish Christians became only one strand of the Christian community, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Christian... THAT THE RCC WAS NOT THE FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH. AS WE ALL KNEW,

tho some refuse to admit it since that proves that they have been lied to
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418859 Jan 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT remains clay, that your ONE church is teaching ALL of you lies.
to even think that that piece of grain is actually turned into flesh is about as stupid as stupid can get.
we may have different denominations but no Christian church would ever be so stupid as to try and push that on any Chrsitian.
we aint that GULLIBLE, but we havent been read that marlarky for centuries either. that God for that.
Then YOU are in possession of the truth?
whew, I was waiting for one of the 42,000 to step forward. That's great Preston, where do I sign up and what do I need to bring to the compound?
Lol

I'll tell you what, Preston. I'll ask you a series of legitimate questions. If you can answer them and sound logical, I'll send my two week notice to the Vatican tomorrow.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418860 Jan 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tell us reg when He gave the church that absolute Authority.
your answer is proof enough that it wasnt given to your roman catholic church, if you are truthful.
the FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY JEWISH CONVERTS. NOT A LATIN IN THE BUNCH.LOL
You disappoint me, Preston. I thought you were more intelligent than the rest of them. Your last statement is particularly ignorant. See the Letter to the Romans.(At least I'm not directing you to a web site, lol!)
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418861 Jan 29, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Four empires of Daniel
www.youtube.com/watch...
I think you're adding to the Book of Revelation. John was clear to what will happen to anyone adding or taking away from his Prophecy. You're not only adding to his prophecy, you are doing it with amazing boldness as if you could care less about his warning...
Or, you've convinced yourself that you're making sense..so its ok to add to the Book. I dunno.
Good luck sir.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418862 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God existed before the apostles, but you didn't. Your 'ordination', while probably exciting for you and impressive to your co-religionists, is not a valid ordination because you didn't receive it by a successor of the apostles.
Like I said, you may be good reader of the bible and a nice person to other pentecostals, but I'm sorry, you are not a real bishop.
~~~

You wrote

God existed before the apostles, but you didn't.

The Roman Catholic religious society has no proof of it's existence

as a Church...even less as the one true apostolic church...

It claims to be the one and only pumpkin on the vine and it is rotten.

Jesus died not die for just a few of the worlds population...

The Bible says..

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

--->the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us -->ALL<--- <,---

just how many doe the word -->ALL<---INCLUDE

~~~

Your Constantine-ism dynasty in Rome has gone all out to lay claim that

the above reason for the death of Jesus ...God's son ...was only for a

few pagans...THAT YOU CALL THE Roman Catholic church...

AND CLAIM A FRANCHISE AND A MONOPOLY...UPON THAT WHICH JESUS DIED FOR..

SUCH SELFISH FOOLISHNESS IS NOT CHRISTIANITY....

in comparison to the trillions that have been born and passed into eternity..from this earth....

Your Constantine-ism is laced with fables conjecture and lies

Jesus death
Clay

United States

#418863 Jan 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT remains clay, that your ONE church is teaching ALL of you lies.
I'm surprised a Minister would doubt whether or not Jesus Christ could be present in a 'piece of grain'. Especially with all the Biblical evidence supporting it.
Do you believe Christ walked on water? Why?
Did He turn the water into wine at Cana? Why?

Christ held up the Bread and said, "this represents my....wait, He said 'this is a symbol of my body"

Nope. HE said "this IS MY BODY" .

#418864 Jan 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My Salvation, as well ANY and ALL OTHER Catholics Salvation, who are on this forum AND the other 1.168 Billion Catholics throughout the world, are NOT dependent upon your Protestant "bogus and distorted "personal opinionated" judgments and condemning obstinate attitude!!!....... I'll (continue) to put my faith, trust and hope in Jesus Christ, at Daily Mass, HIS OWN STATED AND EXPRESSED WORDS (in the Gospel) and in His "true body and true blood" (daily) in the Eucharist, along with the TRUTH of the TRUE teachings that Our Lord left for us. over 2000 years ago, manifested in and through His One True Catholic. Church....... God is NOT, NOR EVER will be, the author of your bible only "(judgemental and condemning) half-truth, half-heresy ministry.
~~~

you wrote

"My Salvation, as well ANY and ALL OTHER Catholics Salvation, who are on this forum AND the other 1.168 Billion Catholics throughout the world, are NOT dependent upon your Protestant "bogus and distorted "personal opinionated" judgments and condemning obstinate attitude!!!"

___

GOD SAYS
Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself,

and opened

her mouth

without measure: and

their glory, and

their multitude, and

their pomp, and

he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Isa 5:15 And the mean man shall be brought down, and

the mighty man shall be humbled, and

the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled:

Isa 5:16 But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and

God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness.

Isa 5:17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.

Isa 5:18 Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:

Isa 5:19 That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and

good evil;

that put darkness for light, and

light for darkness;

that put bitter for sweet, and

sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and

prudent in their own sight!

Isa 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and

men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isa 5:23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and

take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and

the flame consumeth the chaff,

so

their root shall be as rottenness, and

their blossom shall go up as dust:

because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and

despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
alan

Kansas City, MO

#418865 Jan 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The Bible says..
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
~~~
in comparison to the trillions that have been born and passed into eternity..from this earth....
Jesus death
How the H E L L does a Bible character talk to anyboby? Let alone create a universe?
Clay

United States

#418866 Jan 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The Bible says..
~~~
Jesus death
You conspiracy Christians never cease to amaze me.
So little faith.
So much ignorance. It takes about 3 seconds for your fantasy religion to sink against Catholicism.
You're built on sand.

#418867 Jan 29, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>How the H E L L does a Bible character talk to anyboby? Let alone create a universe?
~~~

Evidently you believe in HELL for you used it as a swear word..
SO YOU BELIEVE.... AT LEAST A PART... OF WHAT IT SAYS...

I guess you believe more of the Bible than the Roman Catholics do..

If they believed in Hell they would attempt to live by

THE WORD OF GOD SO THAT THEY COULD KEEP FROM GOING THERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 46 min Sherlayne 84,152
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web