Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,886
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
marge

Ames, IA

#418822 Jan 29, 2013
If I have told you earthly things - If, after I

have illustrated this new birth by a most

expressive metaphor taken from earthly things, and

after all you believe not; how can you believe,

should I tell you of heavenly things, in such

language as angels use, where earthly images and

illustrations can have no place?

Or, if you, a teacher in Israel, do not understand

the nature of such an earthly thing, or custom of

the kingdom established over the Jewish nation, as

being born of baptism, practised every day in the

initiation of proselytes, how will you understand

such heavenly things as the initiation of my

disciples by the baptism of the Holy Ghost and

fire from heaven, if I should proceed farther on

the subject? clarke
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418823 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit does not lead one into doctrinal error and false unbiblical practices.
So those protestants who reject your church's teachings are not being led by the Holy Spirit?

I think most of them here will disagree with you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418824 Jan 29, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
One issue that is very damaging to idea of a Pope is the fact that some of the popes were so depraved, even people who professed no religion at all were ashamed of them.
Looking into the history of the papacy, it is easy to see that not all popes were holy men. Accusations against them included but were not limited to blasphemy, simony (the buying and selling of the papal office), perjury, murder, adultery, intercourse with virgins and nuns, incest, sodomy, bestiality, robbery, idolatry, magic, infidelity, and gross and unnatural immorality.
Historians, even Roman Catholic historians will even attest to the fact there have been many sinful popes. Therefore, if popes are supposed to be the "representatives of Christ" here on earth and they are living an immoral lifestyle, should their commands still be obeyed if they are living in sin? No, it would be hypocritical for them to make rulings and decrees, and yet this is exactly what has been done by the popes
So which sinless protestant leader would you recommend we listen too?
altered state

Kansas City, MO

#418825 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absurd. Test the spirits? Read, interpret, judge and infallibly declare and teach scripture on your own? Anyone who wants to be a preacher can get ordained and start a church? I read somewhere that non-Catholic Christian and non-Christian groups around the world are amazed and disgusted with the watered down version of "Christianity" in modern American culture. Everyone is a paper pope, truth is relative.
The Godbots read and believe.....thats a sign of being brainwashed in black and white.How does a Bible character say anything?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#418827 Jan 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic church has yet to be judged,since many Catholics claim it still with its hideous sins against humanity remains the bride of Christ.YET always within the ranks of your organization and even with those who met in secret,there were b e l i e v e r s who stayed pure and holy,sacrificed all to serve Him,and even laid down their lives for Him.Those are the ones of the true and living BRIDE. You see Clay we would do better to stop calling the church by a title of any organization,but rather the future BRIDE of Christ.
The Bride must be chaste and walk in accordance to the Will of God,not of Man.
I see believers in every group or affiliation who walk with HIM,and are chaste ready to serve the Living Lord,and to embrace their future husband.
I do not know of too many men even amongst sinners who would marry a whore over a woman who has morals.Its all about being driven by either the Lord or this world.
Since thousands of believers throughout history rejected your church system,they cannot be held responsible for those sins that the RCC commited while claiming to be the Bride of Christ,and so on.God is not stupid nor is His Son a push over,HE will judge rightly,and weigh history,and see that He has had many believers who did not bow to the Roman Catholic Church in those 6 centuries that no doubt turned the stomach of God our Father.

You may have overlooked...
http://bible.cc/romans/14-13.htm
http://bible.cc/ephesians/4-29.htm
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-9.htm
Questions?

http://www.usccb.org/

http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/history.shtml

God knows who are His,even in every affiliation,yours included,and He knows who were His during the Inquisition years,and beyond.He knows that His church is the Believers not some man-made organization of religious/political power seekers.
In the END Clay,it is all about HIM,and His Spirit,and His Mind that should be in us.It does not take a Rocket Scientist to know that an organization cannot duplicate what is spiritual,holy and miraculous in CHRIST.
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/4-5.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#418828 Jan 29, 2013
altered state wrote:
<quoted text>The Godbots read and believe.....thats a sign of being brainwashed in black and white.How does a Bible character say anything?
Hey, Altered States was a good movie.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418830 Jan 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic church has yet to be judged,since many Catholics claim it still with its hideous sins against humanity remains the bride of Christ.YET always within the ranks of your organization and even with those who met in secret,there were b e l i e v e r s who stayed pure and holy,sacrificed all to serve Him,and even laid down their lives for Him.Those are the ones of the true and living BRIDE. You see Clay we would do better to stop calling the church by a title of any organization,but rather the future BRIDE of Christ.
The Bride must be chaste and walk in accordance to the Will of God,not of Man.
I see believers in every group or affiliation who walk with HIM,and are chaste ready to serve the Living Lord,and to embrace their future husband.
I do not know of too many men even amongst sinners who would marry a whore over a woman who has morals.Its all about being driven by either the Lord or this world.
Since thousands of believers throughout history rejected your church system,they cannot be held responsible for those sins that the RCC commited while claiming to be the Bride of Christ,and so on.God is not stupid nor is His Son a push over,HE will judge rightly,and weigh history,and see that He has had many believers who did not bow to the Roman Catholic Church in those 6 centuries that no doubt turned the stomach of God our Father.
God knows who are His,even in every affiliation,yours included,and He knows who were His during the Inquisition years,and beyond.He knows that His church is the Believers not some man-made organization of religious/political power seekers.
In the END Clay,it is all about HIM,and His Spirit,and His Mind that should be in us.It does not take a Rocket Scientist to know that an organization cannot duplicate what is spiritual,holy and miraculous in CHRIST.
The Catholic Church isn't the "Bride of Christ" because they have a few charismatic Bishops or some nice schools.
They are the Bride of Christ because they are the recipients of infallible teachings on faith and morals from Jesus Christ.,
The teaching Magistrium of the CC will always be protected from error on these teachings because Christ promised so. They proclaim the truth in the Gospel and administer the Holy Sacraments, which includes, distributing Our Lords very being in the Holy Eucharist.

A bad Pope or Priest does not define Catholicism.

He did not promise to stop a Pope from sinning. He only promised that they will not bring down His Church.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#418831 Jan 29, 2013
World Trade Center (WTC) security company Stratesec has been a topic of considerable discussion among independent 9/11 investigators. One point of discussion has been the possible familial relationship between Stratesec’s CEO, Wirt Dexter Walker III, and its director Marvin Bush, whose brother was President of the United States on 9/11. Although Wirt and Marvin are distant relatives, these ties are inconsequential relative to each man’s family connections to old drug money, deep state operatives, and the wealthy, powerful people who have controlled such money and operatives over the last two centuries.[1]

Russell & Company was started in 1818 by Samuel Russell, cousin of the founder of the “secret society” called Skull & Bones at Yale University, William Huntington Russell. Samuel had gotten his start through merchant companies like Whittlesley & Alsop of Boston, MA. The Alsops were also major investors in the businesses run by James Monroe Walker, and Russell & Company partner John N. Alsop Griswold was a director of the C,B&Q as well as president of the Illinois Central railroad. Many years later, in the 1960s, Washington Post columnist Joe Alsop, a descendant of the Whittlesley & Alsop owners, convinced President Johnson to create the Warren Commission, which was a cover-up for the assassination of President Kennedy.[17]

In 1828, Russell & Company merged with another drug smuggling syndicate run by John Perkins Cushing.[18] Cushing brought in his cousins, Robert Bennet Forbes and John Murray Forbes. Robert Bennet Forbes was Senator John F. Kerry's great-grandfather. John Murray Forbes attended school at Phillips Academy in Andover, the alma mater of George H.W. Bush, and his sons Jeb and George W.

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-03/history...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418832 Jan 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So which sinless protestant leader would you recommend we listen too?
There is no such....people whom are Christians know that!!!!
Hit And Run

Piedmont, OK

#418833 Jan 29, 2013
The roman catholic church is the beast and is with out a teacher but for satan.who changes the laws with trial and error.she is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.

And if you support this church you are guilty of the churches crimes you are just as guilty.

You have been brainwashed into god worship the very thing the creator warns you not to worship god and or gods.god worship must be destroyed for the creator Is Yahweh And is not A god And no one can prove this to be incorrect.so you just keep worshiping your god.....That very well could be satan and yes satan is a woman.....And you will cause them to forget my name...And the world has....
Hit And Run

Piedmont, OK

#418834 Jan 29, 2013
Please don't get me wrong there are great Christians but most are not they are the first ones to rob and steal commit adultery.And to be honest I have never meet a great catholick most are greedy sorry people.who worship idols.And lie.And try and push a bull shit religion on people.I'm telling you the church is evil.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#418837 Jan 29, 2013
9/11 - Missing Links ( full movie )- YouTube&#9658; 127:06&#9658; 127:06www.youtube.com/watch?v= GD_vwzjdTi4
Dec 22, 2010 - Uploaded by cappucinokid100
"Now you will discover the definitive truth about 9/11 and learn why even the most popular movies on the
rider

Gwinn, MI

#418838 Jan 29, 2013
www.youtube.com/watch...
Dec 22, 2010 - Uploaded by cappucinokid100
"Now you will discover the definitive truth about 9/11 and learn why even the most popular movies on the
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#418839 Jan 29, 2013
Me: God, can I ask You a question?
God: Sure

Me: Promise You won't get mad ..........
God: I promise

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late
God: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start
God: Okay

Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
God: Huummm

Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
Me:(ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay
God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God
God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God
God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.
God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.
God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#418840 Jan 29, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
Looks like the RCC has an apology to make to the Orthodox Christians since they stirred the pot.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#418841 Jan 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
The Danger of Fundamentalists
Catholicism IS Christianity
May 6, 2011
I really want to correct the misconception that Catholicism is just a branch of Christianity and at the same time correct the lie that Catholicism is not Christian. Catholicism is NOT just a branch of Christianity. Catholicism IS Christianity. Other Christian churches are just poor imitations of Catholicism. They separated from Catholicism and invented their own teachings to suit their own personal agenda. Others have strayed so far that calling them Christians is not only inaccurate but absolutely false (E.g., religions that claim to be Christians but reject the Trinity, like Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons, which, ridiculously enough, claim they restored Christianity). Mormonism and Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity but the basic tenet of Christianity is the Trinity, so how can one be a Christian if he, or she, rejects the Trinity? To say that a Christian is someone who follows Jesus’ teachings is being vague since Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own version of Jesus. Their Jesus is not the Jesus that Christians know. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Jesus is just an angel. But when Jehovah’s Witnesses are deliberately trying to mislead Christians away from Christianity, they claim that Jesus is also a god (implying that Jesus is merely a creation among many). In the US Christianity is too watered-down that only a very few have an idea of what Christianity really is. The problem is the watered-down Christianity is spreading like wild fire across the globe so ignorance of Christianity is spreading (Ignorance of Catholicism is ignorance of Christianity). I blame it on the bible fundamentalists who know nothing about the history of Christianity because they’re well-versed in their revisionist history. Bible fundamentalists, who prefer to be called as just “Christians”(to own that word), or “born again”, are continuously lying about the teachings of Catholicism. They also chime in with anti-Catholic “atheists”, or any anti-Catholics, in highlighting the individual Catholic’s flaw in an attempt to say that Catholicism is evil. They would do anything, no matter what it takes, to destroy Catholicism. They mean us harm. No, I’m not being paranoid. In bible fundamentalists’(and anti-Catholics in general) attempt to destroy Catholicism, they’re attempting to destroy our way to know God. But I’m not only blaming the bible fundamentalists. I know that a lot of cradle Catholics (like myself) are guilty of being indifferent for so long that we failed to defend Catholicism from the lies and venom that those bible fundamentalists are spewing against Catholicism. On top of that, Catholicism is also being attacked from within by some Catholics with the same venom and lies that bible fundamentalists spew, not to mention the Catholic priests that gave Catholicism shame (they opened a door for enemies to attack Catholicism by committing crimes against children). Now, many people see that as an opportunity to shame Catholicism into silence in an attempt to destroy Catholicism. So, as devout Catholics, we must make our true doctrines known. Like Fr. Barron said,“Catholic stories are being told by the wrong people in the wrong way. We need to tell our own story. We need to get the message out so as to draw people in”. It is our duty as Catholics to spread the fullness of truth, which is God, and which only Catholicism can provide because Catholicism is The Church that Jesus built. We, Catholics must be steadfast in our devotion to God by defending our faith.
http://lemraq.wordpress.com/tag/the-danger-of...
catholocism is a branch of christianity,it is combined with the pagan religion.
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#418842 Jan 29, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like the RCC has an apology to make to the Orthodox Christians since they stirred the pot.
You may find this helpful...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Internatio...

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...

usa

#418843 Jan 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Each of us, as Catholics< make a point of "individually reading and studying the bible" on our own. The Catholic Catechism from Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is a guide to our interpretation of Sacred Scripture as there are many, many verses, parables and writings that can be interpreted and better yet "mis-interpreted in ways, not compatible to the "true interpretation that was originally "handed down: by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393 and 397....Paul in 1 Tim 3:15 gives us guidance in the TRUTH when he calls "the Church (not the Bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. We as Catholics, study, listen, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of the bible, each and ever day, on our own, and at daily Mass. It is the "only" TRUE, authenticated and verifiable interpretation that, we as Catholics, can be positively "sure of" as TRUTH. Jesus established ONLY ONE TRUTH!.... Not 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent interpretations of the bible which is the direction that Protestants have taken since the Reformation!!
as posted by someone else jesus states "MY CHURCH" no denominational church just a church.

usa

#418845 Jan 29, 2013
I see you made no coment about the number of people killed by the catholic church HOJO,in denial no doubt or hoping it will just blow over and everyone will forget what murders the catholics of old were horrific people,satan must be proud,oh i'm sorry i meant god must be proud.
socci

Cameron, MO

#418846 Jan 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Jesus states "MY CHURCH" no denominational church just a church.

Church is the body temple or spiritual Israel with Christ the chief cornerstone, not a physical building.

Paul went around planting many churches. The letter of Galatians and Romans were to/from these churches. Revelation's seven churches are the first few chapters. These are not denominations just bodies of believers at various locations all members of the church body.

I've been in many denominations but now thanks to the internet more than ever do not feel the need for any denomination. I enjoy study with all of the faith.)

and have my own blog..

www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 3 hr Chuck 4
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 20 hr Erkek Turk 19
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr IM Just Saying 9,176
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Sat Chuck 22
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
More from around the web