Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,175)

Showing posts 403,481 - 403,500 of532,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like "all history books" ---a "daily, weekly or monthly journal" has never, nor will ever exist! There is "enough" factual, recorded, documented and proven evidence from the era of Ignatius (documented -continuously- for over 2000 years to "overwhelming conclude" that the word Catholics (was (no doubt) used even prior to the time of Ignatius. Only Protestant
"bible only buffoons" would still "desperately" attempt to deny PROVEN TRUE Church History and the fact that the Catholic Church has, is and will continue to be Jesus Christs One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. As usual, Oxbow---you and your other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent Protestants, continue to "fish and catch nothing" just like Peter did before His TRUE CONVERSION to Jesus Christ!!
You incessant IDIOT.
With your ridiculous rabid rants about your misleading, lying, mind-controlling romanist CULT, all you know is repeating the same crap over and over.
How much longer do you plan on repeating the same crap?
I've observed your 'posts' here for some time, and you still haven't said anything.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Since the formation of the Roman Empire, the Roman emperors (including Constantine) held the office of Pontifex Maximus (Supreme Priest) and were worshipped by the pagans as gods. Emperor Gratian in 376 A.D. refused the title of Pontifex Maximus, and from then on it was bestowed upon the bishop of Rome. From hereon, the bishop of Rome was to be the Supreme Priest to the pagans and the head of the Christian church; the streams of paganism and Christianity flowed together under the leadership of Pontifex Maximus, ultimately to be called the Pope. The question remains, how can a man at the same time be the Pontifex Maximus which was the head of the pagan mysteries and the head of the church? Although the Roman Catholic church claims that Peter was the first Pope, it is strange that we never read any such claim by Peter. The fact that Jesus never instituted the office of Pope in his church during his earthly ministry plainly shows that the Pope is neither Bishop of bishops nor the successor of the apostle Peter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
The RCC is a fraud. Nothing in the real world supports their absurd claims.
A Cheap 1970's Trick Busted by New Science....
In the early 1970's, the RCC had "independent" tests done on the human tissue from one of their supposed Eucharist Real Presence miracles.
The results?
It was human heart tissue. Wow! So who was murdered?
Memo to Catholics-in-denial..........
Today, we have developed amazing new forensic tests, including DNA and much more.
So why not do tests today -- like the RCC did over 40 years ago, but this time mankind will have much more information!
Why not? Because the RCC is a fraud, and these so-called miracles are all frauds.
Tests in 1970's, but nothing today? No DNA tests. No chromosomal testing. Typical RCC cheap trick.
BUSTED.
The romanist cult is RIFE with cheap tricks, but they cost the member-slaves plenty.
Look at the 'crying Mary' statues! Look at how many more idiots will pay special monies to the cult because they believed that hoax.
And that stupid grilled cheese sandwich that sold on E-Bay for such a high price, because some idiot claimed Mary's face was on it!!!
P.T. Barnum sure hit the nail right on the head when he said 'there's a sucker born every minute'!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH

TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH
Catholic Church TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church

One True Catholic Church
Same old rhetorical, boring, ridiculous, assinine same old......same old.... same old....

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LTM, this group is a group that splintered off of the SDA's, therefore making it a cult even more dangerous than the sda's.
if it look like a duck, and it walks like aduck, chances are 100% it is a duck and this is a cult that guest belongs to.
like all sda's they will lie and deny their allegiance to this satanic cult, just as guest has done for over three years.
<snicker> your clueless

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And 'Guest' has said a hundred times he is Not sda, if you did not know that:)
Yes and that is a true statement I do not belong to the SDA Church never have been a member. Only been a member to the Baptist Church I was Baptised at.

I read my Bible and look at other denominational and refer back to scripture to my beliefs if it is in sync with scripture. I go with what is clear over what is obscure and stay with more than one scripture concerning doctrine and also realize eveythging has a time and season and done in order which people like Preston take the not so clear text and puts the cart before the horse so to speak.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

i just return from church..o yes..priest is very nice yes..old lady wiyh rosary very nice but lady in white dress say paul is apostol not devil..i belive in nsa,e of jesus christ..not wicket person she have white dress in vain..another man who come near jesus christ heart..no he is full oh he not opening mouth no neotvara usta iz njega davli grme full somone talking trough him posess o yes they can see when i turn toward him on cam era..evil posess man..i can see very easy each person or fill evil man talking from him..grrrr

ahhhhhhh

blue yes open graveyards many body many
my friend shime is ortodox he is been gemble drugs many problems cak su ga i sjekirom rame sjekli obitelj stragelila sve najgore..ima svoje kceri i zenu catolkinju..jao moj friend shime will be in paradise..sweet jesus as you say ever need your Marcy CROSS..lijepo kad udes u katedralu pogledaj gore iznad postajebroj 4 mary meet jesus up
there he open door..glory of God

now pray rosary Cross

resurection

he will be in paradise my friend shime he know all police corupt drugers judges ministers..did they have salvation..no no no..my frind shime will be there in paradise Cross..
that wicket lady need pray she liked paul not Jesus..other man is posess..oh oh oh..horible
imas da obolis kad stanes blizu takovih zalosno..jao jao..sad ce me jos vise napadat..

i walk i see i been there
i am alive
up to cross..isus isus isus
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

perseverance=you will be with me in paradice
CROSS
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Hal Lindsey Report - Prophecy of the Popes

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Jesus Christ name above all.
ISUS ISUS ISUS
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You incessant IDIOT.
With your ridiculous rabid rants about your misleading, lying, mind-controlling romanist CULT, all you know is repeating the same crap over and over.
How much longer do you plan on repeating the same crap?
Correction!!! In your (usual) confused, chaotic and twisted thinking, you actually mean "Repeating the same TRUTH" over and over again.... I "cut the crap" a long time ago when I left my "bible only Protestant church" of heresy, distortion, lies and deceit, just like thousands and thousands of other Protestants are "also" doing today. The "handwriting is on the wall" as bible only Protestants (who have been deceived by their "half-truth, half-heresy preachers and ministers) are being "enlightened to the biblical and historical TRUTH" by the Holy Spirit to Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... The Catholic Church "continues to grow:--each and every year--(again) up 1.5% in 2012 DESPITE the (desperate increase) of anti-catholic heresy, judgmental hypocricy and the deceiving lies that Protestants are "so famous for"!......... Jesus Christ "assures" us (over and over again in the Holy Scriptures) that His One True Universal Catholic Church, will continue to proclaim the TRUTH of HIS TRUE GOSPEL and to be "His Bride" until HE returns for the second time.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old rhetorical, boring, ridiculous, assinine same old......same old.... same old....
Yes!!! Same old, same old, biblical and historical TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Our Lord, that has been proclaimed, revealed and manifested again and again for over 2000 years...... Jesus Christ and His TRUTH, remains the same yesterday--and forever..... Biblical and Historical TRUTH is the same yesterday and forever. Sin is still the same yesterday and forever!... Nothing has changed in over 2000 years!!..... Heretics, hypocrites, false preachers and teachers have come and gone for over 2000 years (and will continue to come and go)----YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the Gospel----------LIVES ON!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

1 Thessalonians 5:27

27 I [[[CHARGE]]] you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.

Revelation 1:3

3 Blessed is the one who [[[reads aloud]]] the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those [[[who hear it]]] and [[[take to heart]]] what is WRITTEN in it, because the time is near.

WHAT IS THE DIVINE INSTRUCTIONS OF THESE SCRIPTURES????

The divine instruction is "read," "hear," "read to," etc.

The scriptures, themselves, tell us what we need to know and understand.....

We are to read them OURSELVES.....

NO interpreter is necessary.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

sorry...it should read WHAT "ARE" the divine....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

be bless if you help others
be bless make copy as you could
Way of Cross make every day as you could

Are you for sure who coming first?

Think about that.

one up
one down one cross over
two hearts one remind
how many multiply
from 3000
will be left
only
Who they are did you know name of them?
I don't need nothing from anyone.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
'paper pope' my heiny.
You romanists always vainly imagine any denomination as being led by an imitator of your old elected figurehead!
And again, you're wrong, and Marge is right. If they read the Bible FOR THEMSELVES, asking the help of the Holy Spirit for proper discernment, THEY WOULD LEAVE THE ROMANIST CULT.
Their eyes would be opened to God's truths, and they would finally SEE how romanism has been lying to them.
So take your 'paper popoe' crap and flush it accordingly.
"If they read the Bible for themselves, they would leave the Romanist cult"

Sadly, the ones that do- as evident from the protestant posters on here- are radical fundamentalist. We wish they could remain and be good Catholics, but since they won't we gotta say good bye.
On the flip side, the prominent or notable Evangelicals that are coming into the Catholic Church is staggering. Nobody in your circles will talk about this. These people are interested in truth. You are not.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid of the truth??? Why are you not answering my question??
Why did it take the Catholics over one hundred years to know that the church Christ built was the Catholic Church???
Wow Ox, I think you're trying to imply something, but I'm not sure what.
I answered your question.

I don't believe the Church had a name until 'Catholic' was used. I doubt it was first used in 107 AD. I think it was earlier. None-the-less, 107 AD is the first documented usage.
The evidence of the word Catholic- describing the Church Christ started - was written by a disciple of the Apostle John.

He was ordained a Bishop by an actual Apostle.

So I highly doubt he'd make up a different church without Johns consent.

I'm glad you're reading the early Church fathers writings.
Most Protestant ignore them for obvious reasons.(the first century Church sounds really really Catholic)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Acts 18:28

28 For he vigorously refuted his Jewish opponents in public debate,[[[[[proving from the Scriptures]]]]] that Jesus was the Messiah.

The apostles NEVER directed the people to an infallible interpreter of the Word of God but to the [[[Word itself.]]]
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

How can one study and understand the Scriptures without making a private interpretation of Scripture?

Each person is responsible for himself.

Another person cannot decide or act for him/her.

Work out your OWN salvation....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Romans 14:12

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 403,481 - 403,500 of532,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Scales Off 8,120
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••