Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,882
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#418563 Jan 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please offer me an alternative scenario.
First of all, thanks for the migraine prayers.
Did the Bible fall out of the sky printed and ready to go- promptly handed out to the folks by the Apostles?
Does your Bible tell you which books belong in it?
No.
How did the books come to fruition as the New Testament and combined with the OT?
God used men of all different walks of life to write the Bible. He did not simply 'use Catholics'!
And since all Scripture is God-breathed, HE would determine the order of the books themselves.
While it is true the RC denomination had the first printing press and was able to duplicate the Bible, the religion itself did not 'give us the bible' or 'decide what went into it'.
And you are most welcome for the prayers concerning your migraines. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Location hidden

#418564 Jan 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone went back in a time machine to 200 AD , 800 AD or any year before Protestants established 'denominations' they would quickly find out no one would know what the heck they are talking about when they say, "scripture alone, faith alone, born again, evangelical, denomination, etc..the list goes on.
There was only the Catholic Church.
Romanism IS nothing more than a DENOMINATION.
It is man-made as any other earthly religion.

Location hidden

#418565 Jan 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. no I'm not on any meds.
I don't really think people in cults follow the word of God either.
what I meant to say is, they THINK they are.
THAT is well put.
They THINK they do.... but you see, Clay -- the religion of Rome also thinks it follows God, but in reality, it does not.
It argues against what the Bible teaches.
It takes away from His Words, and also adds to them. It misquotes the Bible, in that it makes Mary an intercessor, co-redeemer, etc...it tries to make her into deity.
It cheats the Lord by insisting He created the RC denomination in the first place.
It lies about the Lord by insisting He is re-sacrificed over and over again in its 'mass'. The Bible CLEARLY states that our Lord Jesus died ONCE for all who believe on His perfect name. Romanism clearly denies that.
UNACCEPTABLE.
Give me the REAL JESUS and the Bible God gave us, any day.

Location hidden

#418566 Jan 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I agree LTM.
-
The ideology propounded by Ratzinger, and all Catholics, is the same tired old stuff, repeated ad nauseam by Catholic leaders and Catholic followers.
-
Jesus' name was not even mentioned here by Ratzinger - I wonder if any of the Catholics here noticed that? and for Ratzinger to say that "Peter has *repeatedly* stood as The Rock" is nothing short of blasphemy.
-
Peter is DEAD and incapable of standing as the rock.
-
JESUS is NOT DEAD, but has been resurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father. JESUS is the ROCK the Christian Faith was built on. Not Peter.
AMEN, Brother. AMEN.

I decided to write this little poem to say:

Papists believe their church can save;
But it was Jesus whose life He gave.
Romanists depend on their elected pope,
But it's JESUS ALONE who gives us hope.
Popery is rife with false tall tails
But Jesus takes the wind from their sails.
'To belong to Rome' their pope says we must...
But I'll take Jesus, who is True and Just.
For Christ doesn't lie, and doesn't coerce
Like popery does, and what is worse
For torture and murder, I hold no respect;
And a 'wafer god' I'll never elect
For clinging to popery, its slaves will pay...
This Christian will take Jesus ANY day.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418567 Jan 28, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no change in the elements of bread and wine at the Lord's Table. Therefore, transubstantiation does not exist, and the romanist claim TO it is a lie.
Let me testify to the Eucharist.

If there was one Priest left in MN, and I had to walk ten miles barefoot in the snow to partake in the Eucharist, I would.
In fact, after Protestants slaughtered tens of thousands of Priests in Ireland in the 18th century, the Irish did something similar to that. They went in the middle of the night, to a secret place in the hills. The Priest was hidden from view so no one could identify him. He said Mass and the people snuck back home and the Priest would go anonymously with a family. He would stay in something called a 'Priest hole'. This is where he would hide til the next Mass. Anyone caught hiding a Priest or celebrating the Eucharist was arrested and killed. Google it if you think I'm lying.

We Catholics are in awe of the mystery of the Eucharist.
preston

Waverly, OH

#418568 Jan 28, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a Bible student are you? I can tell from some of your comments. If I were to take you on a deeper level in the scriptures and explain to you just what that chariot and whirlwind that took Elijah into heaven was it would blow your mind.
it doesnt take much expertise to know that am is a flake does it?
common sense was enough to know that one man couldnt carry that ark all of those miles by himself
preston

Waverly, OH

#418569 Jan 28, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Mathew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
I think the above scriptures would include Vietnam and put you in the catagory as a FALSE PROPHET !!!
LOL
I think your comment borders on ignorance and passes stupidity.

Gills exposition on the Bible.

And then if any man shall say to you,.... During those days of tribulation and affliction, or when shortened and at an end:

lo! here is Christ, or lo! he is there; the Messiah has appeared in such or in such a place, to deliver you from your national distresses and calamities, and from the Roman yoke and bondage:

that was a personal experience meant for me to validate my calling. you can like it or nt. God doesnt care.

and you use this often when i speak of my Spiritual Expereince, I would think by now, that you would have learned what those verses mean.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418570 Jan 28, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
That article you posted above about Ron Wyatts discovery of the Ark was interesting and actually sent chills through me when I read it. Then I remembered where I read in Revelation where it states that the Ark of the covenant was seen in heaven in the Temple. Therefore then Ron Wyatt is a liar and a fake if he claims that he found the Ark of the Covenant in 1982.
Can we see what happened to the bronze serpent that Moses made?

2 Kings 18:4

4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it.(It was called Nehushtan.

If the Ark of the Covenant did exist, then men would have a tendency to make idols out of the things in it or the actual Ark.

Would God want that???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418571 Jan 28, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
That article you posted above about Ron Wyatts discovery of the Ark was interesting and actually sent chills through me when I read it. Then I remembered where I read in Revelation where it states that the Ark of the covenant was seen in heaven in the Temple. Therefore then Ron Wyatt is a liar and a fake if he claims that he found the Ark of the Covenant in 1982.
Even though the Ark is not specifically mentioned, we are can see the articles of the temple of the Lord where returned to the Israelites when they returned from captivity.

Ezra 1:7

7 Moreover, King Cyrus brought out the articles belonging to the temple of the Lord, which Nebuchadnezzar had carried away from Jerusalem and had placed in the temple of his god.
preston

Waverly, OH

#418572 Jan 28, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>it doesnt take much expertise to know that am is a flake does it?
common sense was enough to know that one man couldnt carry that ark all of those miles by himself
for tony, maybe he can enlighten am who thought that elijah carried the Ark by himself.

What was the estimated weight of the ark of the covenant and the mercy seat?

Answer
The Bible says that the Ark was 2 1/2 cubits long, 1 cubit wide and 1 1/2 cubits high, and made from shittim wood, heavily overlaid with gold, with silver adornments. The mercy seat was said to have been 2 1/2 cubits long and 1 1/2 cubits wide, and made of pure gold (Exodus 25:17 "Mercy seat of pure gold" KJV), as were the two cherubim that surrounded it (Exodus 25:18 "two cherubim of gold, of beaten work" KJV). Since gold is roughly twice as heavy as lead, the structure would have weighed several tonnes.

another answer.
The Christian Bible and Jewish Torah describes the Ark as being COVERED all over with the purest gold, NOT MADE OF PURE GOLD. The Ark was, according to the Bible, made of shittah-tree wood (acacia). This can be all found spelled out very clearly in the book of Exodus 25:10-11. It would have been somewhat heavy and several bearers would have been required to carry it.

Some sources indicate that Egyptian gold, during Pharaohic times, was "pure" to a degree of up to 23K. Giving the craftsmen of the day the benefit of being able to purify to this degree gives a theoretical basis for relative gold weight. Sources also point out that taking the dimensions and design specifications that are laid out in Exodus, assuming a gold density of 1061 lbs (481.26Kg) per cubic foot, and a gold overlay method available to craftsmen of the day of 0.02cm, a total Ark weight of approximately 183lbs./83Kg can be ascertained. This is a very manageable weight for the bearers of the Ark to carry and far less than the weight of "tons" that has been suggested.

so take your pick, but one thing is obvious, it either would have been to heavy for one man to carry or it would still have been to bulky.

and so once again, tony's mentor show how ignorant that he is and always has been
preston

Waverly, OH

#418573 Jan 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though the Ark is not specifically mentioned, we are can see the articles of the temple of the Lord where returned to the Israelites when they returned from captivity.
Ezra 1:7
7 Moreover, King Cyrus brought out the articles belonging to the temple of the Lord, which Nebuchadnezzar had carried away from Jerusalem and had placed in the temple of his god.
do you notice that there is no mention of them being taken away nor brought back
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418574 Jan 28, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Revelation 11:19

19 Then Godís temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.
preston

Waverly, OH

#418575 Jan 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With your "narrow and distorted secular" anti-catholic (narrow) thinking (mind) it is "no wonder" that you can't comprehend the"real presence" of Jesus HIMSELF, by transubstantiation in the Eucharist (His True Body and True Blood)...... Jesus' multiplication of the loaves and fishes along with His "turning water into wine" is ALSO---quite obviously "way beyond" your spiritual ability to understand and comprehend ANYTHING, when it relates to the "miraculous manifestation" that has dumbfounded Protestants like you and the rest of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (confused as ever) denominations!! Yes, it does show just how (totally) "out-of-touch" you are when it comes how Jesus, truly reveals HIMSELF by HIS "real presence in the Eucharist.(John 6:47-59)..That is why you (along with your 42,000 other Protestants) have chosen to (continue) to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" always looking in at the One (and ONLY) True Apostolic Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ Himself, in Matthew 16:13-21
HOJO just because I told you what ever Christian tells you doesnt mean that I am narrow minded, nor distorted in my [reasoning], and that is the key word. I can reason and it is easy to reason that Jesus was speaking in a figuritive mode, not literal. if He wasnt, then he wouldnt have said do this in Remembrance., since the act would have been sufficient.

you can throw up 42,000 number all day long but it doesnt change the fact that your church has laid that ritual on you to get your mind off of His Blood
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#418576 Jan 28, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
This Christian will take Jesus ANY day.
Yes---and we, as Catholics, ALL worship, believe, adhere to and follow Jesus Christ "every single day" at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist, with His TRUE "spoken and expressed words" in the Gospel, in the Sacraments, in the Adoration Chapel before the Blessed Sacrament, in the FULLNESS of the Faith and in the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, that is manifested (IN and THROUGH) His One (and ONLY One) True Apostolic Catholic Church. You and the rest of your bible only Protestant 42,000+ contradicting (half-truth, half-heresy) Christian judgmental denominations can do what you want!! Makes no difference to us!! We'll just continue to pray for you that God will "remove the condemning blindness" from your eyes!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418577 Jan 28, 2013
Today, we don't need the Ark of the Covenant....

We need to look at the quality of craftsmanship displayed in God's dwelling place today.

Those who (Christians) are 'in Christ' make up the dwelling place of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16

16 Donít you know that you yourselves are Godís temple and that Godís Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 Corinthians 6:19

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

God exists in His children, not in the Ark.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#418578 Jan 28, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>do you notice that there is no mention of them being taken away nor brought back
YEP!
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#418579 Jan 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With your "narrow and distorted secular" anti-catholic (narrow) thinking (mind) it is "no wonder" that you can't comprehend the"real presence" of Jesus HIMSELF, by transubstantiation in the Eucharist (His True Body and True Blood)...... Jesus' multiplication of the loaves and fishes along with His "turning water into wine" is ALSO---quite obviously "way beyond" your spiritual ability to understand and comprehend ANYTHING, when it relates to the "miraculous manifestation" that has dumbfounded Protestants like you and the rest of your 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (confused as ever) denominations!! Yes, it does show just how (totally) "out-of-touch" you are when it comes how Jesus, truly reveals HIMSELF by HIS "real presence in the Eucharist.(John 6:47-59)..That is why you (along with your 42,000 other Protestants) have chosen to (continue) to remain on the "outside of the TRUTH" always looking in at the One (and ONLY) True Apostolic Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ Himself, in Matthew 16:13-21
So much talk, but zero walk.

PROVE IT.

In the early 1970's, the RCC had "independent" tests done on the human tissue from one of their supposed Eucharist real Presence miracles.

The results? It was human heart tissue. Wow! So who was murdered?

Memo to Catholics-in-denial..........

Today, we have developed amazing new forensic tests, including DNA and much more.

So why not do tests today -- like the RCC did over 40 years ago, but this time mankind will have much more information!

Why not? Because the RCC is a fraud, and these so-called miracles are all frauds.

Tests in 1970's but nothing today? Typical of a faker.

BUSTED.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418580 Jan 28, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO just because I told you what ever Christian tells you doesnt mean that I am narrow minded, nor distorted in my [reasoning], and that is the key word. I can reason and it is easy to reason that Jesus was speaking in a figuritive mode, not literal. if He wasnt, then he wouldnt have said do this in Remembrance., since the act would have been sufficient.
you can throw up 42,000 number all day long but it doesnt change the fact that your church has laid that ritual on you to get your mind off of His Blood
We can't just debate what Christ supposedly 'really meant' from our view in the yr 2013.

The only way to know for sure what was actually taught, is to understand what the first Christians understood about the Eucharist.
Clearly, people thought the bread and wine to be the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
You're too late to change this teaching. The Apostles didn't forget to be clear Preston. They made sure Our Lords will was conveyed to the people.
We give you clear and irrefutable testimony from Ignatius (Disciple of John) and you say "oh well, the man was wrong. I'm right" .
To me, that is as bold as one can get.

Again, we don't accept the Eucharist dogma because we read about it.
Rather, we partake in it and testify to it.

It matters nothing, what you or anyone else say Jesus meant. You do not have the authority to determine such a thing. The Apostles did. They preached by word of mouth in letter. They explained it already. No one can undo it.. not even Pope Benedict The 16th has the authority to undo this. He wouldn't dare attempt to undo these first century teachings. There sacred and untouchable
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#418581 Jan 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me testify to the Eucharist.
If there was one Priest left in MN, and I had to walk ten miles barefoot in the snow to partake in the Eucharist, I would.
In fact, after Protestants slaughtered tens of thousands of Priests in Ireland in the 18th century, the Irish did something similar to that. They went in the middle of the night, to a secret place in the hills. The Priest was hidden from view so no one could identify him. He said Mass and the people snuck back home and the Priest would go anonymously with a family. He would stay in something called a 'Priest hole'. This is where he would hide til the next Mass. Anyone caught hiding a Priest or celebrating the Eucharist was arrested and killed. Google it if you think I'm lying.
We Catholics are in awe of the mystery of the Eucharist.
Why not give us a link? Your depiction is mostly BS as usual.

However, in 1727 Catholics in Ireland lost the right to vote.

In 1776, they were given the right to vote in the new USA.

So why do Catholics stab these Protestants in the back and make up lies about them?

Answer: Catholicism is Totalitarianism and always will be.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418582 Jan 28, 2013
WHY IS IT THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ,,,

MAKES AN ALL OUT EFFORT ...

TO MAKE GOD JEALOUS to provoke HIM to anger?

(HERE BELOW IS WHAT GOD HAD TO SAY TO ISRAEL ABOUT

GRAVEN IMAGES, ICONS, THE IDOLS SUCH AS YOU YOU

WORSHIP)...

Deu 4:10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb,

when

the LORD said unto me,

Gather me the people together, and

I will make them hear my words,

that they may learn to fear me

all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

Deu 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
Deu 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

Deu 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

-->NOTE <--
Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:

Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,

Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Deu 4:20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Deu 4:21 Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and sware that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go in unto that good land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance:

Deu 4:22 But I must die in this land, I must not go over Jordan: but ye shall go over, and possess that good land.

Deu 4:23 --> Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.

Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Deu 4:25 When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:

Deu 4:26 I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO FEAR OF GOD...YOU ACT LIKE A BUNCH OF SPOILED BRATS BEFORE HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••