Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,079
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418478 Jan 27, 2013
460 450
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain the writings that show Catholicism being what it is today... Bishops, Priests and Deacons, hundreds of yrs before Constantine.
Emperor Decius declared, "I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome" right before he cut the head off of Pope Fabian in 250 AD.
How do you explain that?
Easy Ox, you ignore it. You pretend the CC made it up. You pretend it didn't happen.
You pretend Christ let Constantine infiltrate His Church and messed up Christianity until the Bible was printed in 1450 AD. Then you pretend the born again movement was the new authorities on Christianity. That's how you function as a religion Ox. You pretend.
Your prattle does.... not change historical facts...nor the definition of "church" found in Scripture...

truth

Perth, Australia

#418479 Jan 27, 2013
now you are tono pono..
You try tell me like that challenge with all of us.
Maybe God liked simple like that..he don't liked us be biger then God..because God is God..
now
Did i calculated correct
from 3000
will be left 1000 according you all is sinners..

its all left from 3x heaven not to be sinners ..
if i make mistake with last 1000..maybe can be less number or can be not to much bigger..

Why I am wrong..my wish is not destroy anyone.

Location hidden

#418480 Jan 27, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wherever the bishop appears, let the congregation be there also. Just as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.
"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
"The house of God is one, and there can be no salvation to anyone except in the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 61," c. 250 A.D.
"There is no salvation outside of the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 72," c. 250 A.D.
"The Catholic church is one." St. Victorinus, "Against Arius," c. 280 A.D.
"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one end and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly; and because it brings into subjection to godliness and the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned; and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul and body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts." St. Cyril of Jerusalem, "Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.
"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian." St. Athanasius, "Four Letters to Serapion of Thmuisc," c. 360 A.D.
There is nothing in your post that is supported by Scripture...all you have is dribble from dead men....dubbed "saint"...

FYI...Christian is defined as a follower of Christ...not a follower of dead "saints"...
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418481 Jan 27, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Peter was never the leader of the FIRST churcfh which was at Jerusalem. James the sibling of Jesus was the leader of that church. according to the Bible, but if you or your church are heretics, you can place anyone you want in that FIRST church, but as for me, i support what the bible says.

Two things you can't determine by the New Testament.
1. That Peter was never in Rome

2. That James is the biological sibling of Jesus.

If you teach your theory based on the New Testament writings, you risk going against the will of Jesus Christ.
You risk spreading rumors about His Mom.
What can you argue on judgement day? You thought everything about Jesus and His Mom was in the 27 books of the New Testament??
Jesus will say, "why on Earth did you think that Preston. I never said that!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#418482 Jan 27, 2013
When we asked we act as childreen asked and talk as from real Mother and Father.
Because of that humanity within us Jesus Christ know us all.. even when we start talk..he know our beginning and end.
He not act as accuser.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418483 Jan 27, 2013
Then explain definition as ''redeemer'' or as ''resurrection''..Is that promise about death body
or body in sleep.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418484 Jan 27, 2013
I know someone who is been 2x saints between us in past life now must be 3x time saints again.

How many times we return on Earthly life?

If i am wrong please tell me why i am wrong?!
alan

Kansas City, MO

#418485 Jan 27, 2013
truth wrote:
How much we are naive if God say I am always with you?
So, this God told the Bible writers to write, "I am always with you"? Let me get this, its pretty important! A fictional character "God" told, actually talked to these Bible writers, he talked to them? I just want to be right here.....God said this to the Bible writers? See, it cant be true...a fictional character cant talk because its not real or true. That clears up everything! And, God told Martyrs to strap bombs to their chests and kill as many innocent woman and children as possible and they will go to heaven and be surrounded by pure young females. So, unless their is more than one God , he must have told the Martyrs to do it. Either they are hearing voices(psychosis) or their crazy! They can pray the crazy away, God said that.......

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418486 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? We Catholics have the best opportunity available at eternal security. We have the Eucharist. You don't.
But even partaking in the weekly (or daily bread) doesn't guarantee eternal salvation!
We still have free will and can choose to reject Christ.
A couple weeks ago a stripper (that's an exotic dancer) was giving a lap dance to a customer on a hotel balcony. She stumbled back; fell two floors and died.
Her Mom said her daughter went 'home to the lord'.
Do you believe this 'born again' gal is in Heaven?
The CC will say, Maybe. She could have repented on her way down. She could have been forced to take her clothes off to give a lap dance. Only God is the judge, only He knows.
You say, no matter how she lived... She was saved and will be in Heaven.
Your teaching is against God Confrint. You gave false hope to her parents and countless others by making them think they are going to Heaven no matter how they live.
You're a false prophet.
We have the Eucharist. You don't.

lol, we have and partake of the lord's Supper too, but unlike you and your church,we know what it means and refers too.

your church fathers have lied to you so often, you dont know the truth when it reaches up and gets your attention.lol

I would love for you to ever share ONE post where gif has ever tried to give false hope to any person, if they live a life unpleasing to God and His Word, unlike your church who tell you that you receive jesus every week in a piece of grain.lol.and by lying to you, they send your soul to hell, not me, not gif,and not LTM.

YOUR CHURCH.

and when you stand in front of God, you will have no excuse, God will tell you that Preston tried to warn you but you refused to listen,

AND DONT THINK THAT HE WILL NOT TELL YOU.

Location hidden

#418487 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
SNIPPED for stupidity.
??
SO WHY DONT YOU SNIP THE PSOTS OF TRUTH, IF ANY PSOTS ON HERE ARE STUPID, HERS TAKES TEH CAKE.

Are you silent because she is a catholic. she has only wrote ONE post that made sense and that is when she posted as Bill.

the remainder of gibberish, but then thinking about it, we recieve about the same from other catholics on here who believe their church over God and His Word.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418488 Jan 27, 2013
Thanks Alan!
No I am not angry on you.
Some as flood river people died from that don't you..who command that?
Some as weather pattern people died from that don't you
hot or cold or to much wet or chaotic sea or chaotic wind..who command that..is that posses schizophrenic power..or me.

now

Because you try used modern language and take advantege from not educated higly diploma you not smart as you think.

Angels and demons exist..who created them..many spirit world..because of that you are not sick
you become sick because of others who try ruin many life persons family and much more.
Superpower can simple make upside-down this planet with innovation and modern tehnology..as well tiny child just press one thing then finish..future.

thanks Alan..you are my great friend..
o don't worry bless salt is good..
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418489 Jan 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>We have the Eucharist. You don't.
lol, we have and partake of the lord's Supper too, but unlike you and your church,we know what it means and refers too.
your church fathers have lied to you so often, you dont know the truth when it reaches up and gets your attention.lol
I would love for you to ever share ONE post where gif has ever tried to give false hope to any person, if they live a life unpleasing to God and His Word, unlike your church who tell you that you receive jesus every week in a piece of grain.lol.and by lying to you, they send your soul to hell, not me, not gif,and not LTM.
YOUR CHURCH.
and when you stand in front of God, you will have no excuse, God will tell you that Preston tried to warn you but you refused to listen,
AND DONT THINK THAT HE WILL NOT TELL YOU.
Our Church fathers lied to us?
My goodness Preston. Who are you?
You have no business getting involved with Christian teaching like that. You can't reveal anything new! These Biblical teachings were already revealed once by God. You think the Apostolic father got it wrong??

Did God decided to reveal it to you 1900 yrs later?

What was taught was taught Preston. It can't be undone. You will not discover a secret hidden meaning to the Gospels. They already explained Our Lords will. Its done. etched in stone. Revealed to the Church for eternity.
I understand you have to degrade the Holy Eucharist because you don't have it. You have to pick it apart cuz you'll never administer it.
Frankly, I clearly see why Christ would establish such a method (bread and wine). He foresaw the Bible manipulators arising one day.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418490 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? We Catholics have the best opportunity available at eternal security. We have the Eucharist. You don't.
But even partaking in the weekly (or daily bread) doesn't guarantee eternal salvation!
We still have free will and can choose to reject Christ.
A couple weeks ago a stripper (that's an exotic dancer) was giving a lap dance to a customer on a hotel balcony. She stumbled back; fell two floors and died.
Her Mom said her daughter went 'home to the lord'.
Do you believe this 'born again' gal is in Heaven?
The CC will say, Maybe. She could have repented on her way down. She could have been forced to take her clothes off to give a lap dance. Only God is the judge, only He knows.
You say, no matter how she lived... She was saved and will be in Heaven.
Your teaching is against God Confrint. You gave false hope to her parents and countless others by making them think they are going to Heaven no matter how they live.
You're a false prophet.
~~~
YOU CONJURE UP SOME EXOTIC PARABLE AND ATTEMPT TO IMPLICATE ME IN YOUR
RANTINGS..
I GUESS SINCE YOU BELIEVE THE LIES THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CHURCH TAUGHT YOU ..
YOU HATCHING UP ANOTHER LIE MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO YOU...
OR WAS THIS YOUR LADY FRIEND THAT YOU ARE POSTING ABOUT
ARE YOU THE ONE THAT HAD HER ON YOUR LAP?
YOU SEEM TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE EVENT...DID YOU WITNESS THE EVENT?

Location hidden

#418491 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things you can't determine by the New Testament.
1. That Peter was never in Rome
2. That James is the biological sibling of Jesus.
If you teach your theory based on the New Testament writings, you risk going against the will of Jesus Christ.
You risk spreading rumors about His Mom.
What can you argue on judgement day? You thought everything about Jesus and His Mom was in the 27 books of the New Testament??
Jesus will say, "why on Earth did you think that Preston. I never said that!"
the NT doesnt ever say that peter was in Roma either.

and the NT does say several times that james is His brother,or believed to be,at least to the point that the brothers and the sisters all came from mary, reference the Gospel and also Paul affirms it. I will believe them rather than your lying church fathers.lol

and since you catholics LOVE to say that we protestants took out several books, perhaps your intrepreter jerome should have just deleted those verses rather than lying and saying they were just cousins or whatever lie is prevalent this week.LOL I CANT KEEP UP WITH ALL OF THEM AND NEITHER CAN YOU.

then again, you can act stupid like Dust Storm and say that Hebrew didnt have a word for cousin, which is moot since the NT was written in Greek, and greek both ahs words for brother, sister and cousin.
and since I preach and teach under the guidance and Anointing of the holy Ghost, I have no fear that my soul is going to be lost by doing so.

your clerics are the people that neeed to worry, not me.

and I am going to show you a Bible verse that you no doubt have ever read.

Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

some people think(and that wrongly) that the Gospel should support us, but it means that we who preach the gospel must also live by that same creed of the message. If I do that, I will surely have no FEAR when I stand before Jesus.

and as I have said several times, I am a OT Preacher. I preach Jesus and Him crucified, and show how He was identified in the OT
truth

Perth, Australia

#418492 Jan 27, 2013
For us humans wine is very nice..vinegar too.
Spirit from grapes too..all food which sustain our life is good..Creator know everything.

Then why Creator establish this Planet without you.

Who are you possessor who descover destruction?
I know war and wage war here and in space not deference.

Still you not tell me why ant have colony?

Can smart ants stay or use your computer system..think about smart bags..
Why i am stupid?
Please could you explain..ants as bug power can stay and be reactivated in any time bomb.

Colony..why ants have colony?

I asked you many times as well please you not give me answer..why i am stupid according you?
Did i need think like you?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
Now you are very special i am so simple.

Location hidden

#418493 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Church fathers lied to us?
My goodness Preston. Who are you?
You have no business getting involved with Christian teaching like that. You can't reveal anything new! These Biblical teachings were already revealed once by God. You think the Apostolic father got it wrong??
Did God decided to reveal it to you 1900 yrs later?
What was taught was taught Preston. It can't be undone. You will not discover a secret hidden meaning to the Gospels. They already explained Our Lords will. Its done. etched in stone. Revealed to the Church for eternity.
I understand you have to degrade the Holy Eucharist because you don't have it. You have to pick it apart cuz you'll never administer it.
Frankly, I clearly see why Christ would establish such a method (bread and wine). He foresaw the Bible manipulators arising one day.
I think I have a very good reason for being involved in teaching and preaching the Word of God, for one simple little reason,

March 1984, late at night, God told me to preach His Word. I wasnt given an option as to if I wanted to or not.It is very simple, I preach His Word or lose my soul. no inbetween. Not ever.

and lets look at this latest scandal that your church has with this homosexual priest dealing with drugs. he took a [sabbatical]. Preachers that are called by God dont have this choice(poor health is different), but his time out was caused by his sinful lifestyle.

but you are correct in one aspect, i cant preach anything NEW, I AM NOT A JOSEPH SMITH OR A ELLEN WHITE, OR A MILLER.

I Preach the same message that Peter Preached, I Preach the same message that Paul preached. I know nothing else to preach except that Jesus was Born, he died and he Lives, and because he lives, we can too, if we accept Him as our Savior.

so yeah, your church fathers lied to you and your popes continue this thread of lies.they are stupid to assure you that Jesus is a piece of grain, and you catholics are ignorant enough to believe it, rather than doing what Jesus said {DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME]

and I ,even I,am smart enough to memorize those 6 words. why dont you try and memorize them also?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#418494 Jan 27, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhh,my friend,just because 1.6 billion people have the same belief does NOT make that belief the truth. If that be the case then does that also mean that the over 1 billion muslims that have the same belief must be right in their version of the truth? Scripture tells us that the devil deceiveth the whole world and that all but the ELECT shall be deceivedand I present to you that the ELECT does NOT number in the BILLIONSbut in fact are very few and all the rest of the world is deceived. I present to you that therefore the RCC as well as the Muslim can count themselves among the deceived.
Large number of adherents to your brand of religion does NOT equate your belief being the truth.
Revelation 12:9 and Matthew 24:24

There is a lot of deception going on in the world in the name of religion. Satan's greatest success at deceiving the world is via the so called Church. Do not get so complacent and think that because yourreligion has huge numbers of adherents that that religion must therefore be the true religion.

Location hidden

#418495 Jan 27, 2013
GIF, do you know that when you post in caps, with only one letter in lower case, the large print will show up.

try it and see.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418496 Jan 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU CONJURE UP SOME EXOTIC PARABLE AND ATTEMPT TO IMPLICATE ME IN YOUR
RANTINGS..
I GUESS SINCE YOU BELIEVE THE LIES THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CHURCH TAUGHT YOU ..
YOU HATCHING UP ANOTHER LIE MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO YOU...
OR WAS THIS YOUR LADY FRIEND THAT YOU ARE POSTING ABOUT
ARE YOU THE ONE THAT HAD HER ON YOUR LAP?
YOU SEEM TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE EVENT...DID YOU WITNESS THE EVENT?

WHILE I DO NOT BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY...

I ALSO KNOW THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH PROMISES... NO SECURITY AT ALL...

BECAUSE THEY ARE DISOBEDIENT... TO GOD'S WORD ...THAT BRINGS ABOUT

SECURITY...

2Ti_1:12 ...... nevertheless I am not ashamed:

for I know whom I have believed, and

am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Location hidden

#418497 Jan 27, 2013
look at this item.

Boettner even goes so far as to try and use 1 Peter 5:13 to "prove" that Peter went east to the literal city of Bablyon. There are some glaring problems with this. Fred Zaspel, of Word of Life Baptist Church, rejects the papacy, but concedes that 1 Peter 5:13 proves Peter to have gone to Rome. He first showed why it couldn't have literally meant Babylon:

In 309 B.C. Antigonis I of Macedonia leveled Babylon. Later, in 275 B.C., Antiochus I took away the remaining civilian population and deported them to other cities. Pausanias, a Greek writer and geographer of the Roman period, said that there was absolutely nothing within the walls of Babylon. The city was later re-founded by Antiochus Epiphanes around 160 B.C., and it was later captured by the Parthians in 127 B.C. In the 30's B.C. Hercanus II was in residence there for a while and from him it is known that there was not much to the city at that time. The Roman geographer, Strabo, writing about the time of Christ said "the great city Babylon has become a wilderness." Evidently, the Euphrates River dried up during the time of the Parthians; after that, Babylon was no more (see Jeremiah 51:41-43). From Strabo to Trajan there is no mention of the city extant. Trajan (the Roman Emporer), eager to visit the infamous Babylon, was disappointed when he arrived at the site; it was only a wasted pile of rubble. Add to this observation that there is absolutely no tradition that Peter ever went to Babylon and that there was never a strong Mesopotamian church, it seems rather obvious that the Babylon of 1 Peter 5:13 can not be Babylon of Mesopotamia, the city of the exile.
now lets look at this and show that that Baptist person was wrong and that Jews lived in babylon..

From the Babylonian period to the rise of the Islamic caliphate, the Jewish community of Babylon throve as the center of Jewish learning. The Mongol invasion and Islamic discrimination in the Middle Ages led to its decline.[3] Under the Ottoman Empire, the Jews of Iraq fared better. The community established modern schools in the second-half of the 19th century.[4]

In the 20th century, Iraqi Jews played an important role in the early days of Iraq's independence, but the Iraqi Jewish community, numbered at around 120,000 in 1948, almost entirely left the country due to persecution following the 1948 Arab-Israeli war.[5] Most of them fled to the newly founded state

so here we see that over 100,00 Jews were living in Babylon and iraq during the lifetime of peter.

that baptist preacher should have done his homework,. even this country Preacher knew better than to say what he said.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 1 hr Mary joe 3
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE