Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,502
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#418459 Jan 27, 2013
Did any of you here know that ML KING was a HERETIC? This man whom many think was the second coming was nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/mlk_jr-...

ML KING was a false prophet as well as an anti-Christ.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418460 Jan 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse pucket...Not Chrisy...Constantine...
The Roman Catholic church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican. The Roman Catholic church unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine but he still worshipped the sun god.
Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reins of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.
However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood Pontifex Maximus a title which the popes would inherit. The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church Summus Pontifex (Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops).
How do you explain the writings that show Catholicism being what it is today... Bishops, Priests and Deacons, hundreds of yrs before Constantine.
Emperor Decius declared, "I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome" right before he cut the head off of Pope Fabian in 250 AD.

How do you explain that?
Easy Ox, you ignore it. You pretend the CC made it up. You pretend it didn't happen.
You pretend Christ let Constantine infiltrate His Church and messed up Christianity until the Bible was printed in 1450 AD. Then you pretend the born again movement was the new authorities on Christianity. That's how you function as a religion Ox. You pretend.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418461 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain the writings that show Catholicism being what it is today... Bishops, Priests and Deacons, hundreds of yrs before Constantine.
Emperor Decius declared, "I would far rather hear of a rival to my throne than another Bishop of Rome" right before he cut the head off of Pope Fabian in 250 AD.
How do you explain that?
Easy Ox, you ignore it. You pretend the CC made it up. You pretend it didn't happen.
You pretend Christ let Constantine infiltrate His Church and messed up Christianity until the Bible was printed in 1450 AD. Then you pretend the born again movement was the new authorities on Christianity. That's how you function as a religion Ox. You pretend.
"Wherever the bishop appears, let the congregation be there also. Just as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.

"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.

"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.

"The house of God is one, and there can be no salvation to anyone except in the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 61," c. 250 A.D.

"There is no salvation outside of the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 72," c. 250 A.D.

"The Catholic church is one." St. Victorinus, "Against Arius," c. 280 A.D.

"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one end and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly; and because it brings into subjection to godliness and the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned; and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul and body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts." St. Cyril of Jerusalem, "Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.

"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian." St. Athanasius, "Four Letters to Serapion of Thmuisc," c. 360 A.D.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418462 Jan 27, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wherever the bishop appears, let the congregation be there also. Just as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.
"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
"The house of God is one, and there can be no salvation to anyone except in the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 61," c. 250 A.D.
"There is no salvation outside of the church." St. Cyprian of Carthage, "Letter 72," c. 250 A.D.
"The Catholic church is one." St. Victorinus, "Against Arius," c. 280 A.D.
"It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the Earth to the other; and because it teaches universally and completely one end and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly; and because it brings into subjection to godliness and the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned; and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul and body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts." St. Cyril of Jerusalem, "Catechetical Lectures," c. 350 A.D.
"Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian." St. Athanasius, "Four Letters to Serapion of Thmuisc," c. 360 A.D.
Good info Regina. I don't think these folks realize what they are really saying.
They are saying Jesus Christ allowed a Roman Emperor to infiltrate His Church and change Christianity against His will.
We say: Christ stomped out the Pagan Roman Empire and sent them to the dust bins of history. He didn't combine His Ministry with them!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418463 Jan 27, 2013
Adam and Steve wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I study religious brainwashing. God is a character in a book, you know that clay? Did you find this God or did they teach it to you? Either way, its a fable, a fantasy, nothing more. That's why you and every human before you and every human after you will keep asking, "When will God appear?" Soon ,they will say. Do you know what is out in space clay? Advanced Alien Beings.....your Bible Gods! So, go bow your head and pray...don't look up clay.....its truly scary!
Religious brainwashing is both sad and scary. I wouldn't argue it takes place.
However, most of us can't be classified in that category. In America, its much more difficult to be brainwashed with religion. People here are brainwashed by other things like: money and woman as the keys to happiness.
Anyway, I flirted with the Agnostic path for yrs. Some would say I was Atheist. But really, I didn't care either way. Was just livin my life..
What I'm saying is, I had a choice. I made a clear decision to be Catholic. That's the way its gotta be for all of us.
God requires us to make a choice. If I was God, knowing what I know about human nature, I wouldn't have it any other way.
I have two kids... I don't wanna force them to love me. I want them to actually LOVE me. The only way to do that is to allow them to make a decision.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#418464 Jan 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>ok now tell us how many people
if i'm not mistaken,catholics were the first to start the killings,before protestants did and muslims did.
You ARE MISTAKEN as always with your "distorted ([person opinion) garbage history. You comments are nothing more than... exaggerated and overstated "trash" statistics regarding "who killed what and how many"! You are wasting your time with these "bogus inflated myths and history legends" which you are so "famous for" in spreading on this forum. There is "not one" Catholic on this forum or anywhere else that is interested in the "anti-catholic overstated junk history" that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul. You, jethro8 are living in a world of " I wish it were true", church history "hog-wash"!!!(Get a life)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418465 Jan 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were at all possible, I would take it a part brick by brick.
when I look at pictures of the vatican I see the door to hell.
The gates of hell will not prevail against it, because it is the gates of hell.
'A HOUSE DIVIDE AGAINST IT SELF WILL NOT PREVAIL."
~~~

The Roman Catholic Church is divided against God...

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Joh 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT HEAR OR ADHERE TO THE WORD OF JESUS
THEREFORE IT CANNOT PROMISE EVERLASTING LIFE...WITH CHRIST...

THEIR CONSTANTINE-ISM ....RITUALS THAT THEY FOLLOW ...ONLY LEAD TO A DEAD END STREET...

AT NO TIME HAS ANY CATHOLIC.... HERE IN THIS FORUM.... EXPRESSED HAVING ANY CONDITIONAL OR UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY ...

THEIR RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS..ARE JUST THAT ...RELIGIOUS EXERCISES...

WHEN PRACTICED ...THEY PROMISE NOTHING...

JESUS SAID

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you,

-->He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.<---

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

==>THE SAINTS ARE STILL IN THEIR GRAVES ACCORDING TO JESUS

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which

==>all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#418466 Jan 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>stop using the same speech you have been given for thousands of posts,.
I simply repeat over and over and over again the "same" historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---confirmed and authenticated by Apologistic historican authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) and numerous documented writings from the Early Church Fathers who overwhelming agree with the biographical writings from the Lives of the Saints....... If you, jethro8 "stubbornly refuse" to accept the TRUTH, it becomes (YOUR PROBLEM), not mine, nor the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world who "know and accept the SAME DOCUMENTED TRUTHS!!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418467 Jan 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
Joh 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT HEAR OR ADHERE TO THE WORD OF .
SNIPPED for stupidity.

Confrint, you're the poster boy for why the laity has no business interpreting scripture.

You've gone Awol in the doctrinal disaster of Protestantism. You been bogged down for yrs trying to be an authority on Christianity.

I don't recall Christ establishing a conspiracy religion!

You say Jesus Christ let His Church get infiltrated by a Roman Emperor (Constantine)?
Right?
Constantine Changed Christianity and sent billions of souls to hell as a result. Right?
The Bible was printed (1450 AD) and eventually the evangelical born agains set everything straight. Right?
So Confrint, where is your faith in Jesus Christ? Was He lying when He said He'd be with them til the end of the world??
truth

Perth, Australia

#418468 Jan 27, 2013
graves..frozen.its not frozen as we have frozen things
no..

its blue everywhere blue..nobody walking except one figure or man ..as collector..but they coming more
dead people in bag..i did not see of them any face no.
i walk i talk i remember
where they bring me see that
what you will say funny..yes funny or comedy..
How you call that abduction..if i am..but i am ok if i am i am still alive as well they must be my friend who liked me very much.About what?.. save me or destroy me or show to me.Maybe they don't liked that i remember but its recorded in my subconsciousness.
As i told you i see what is inside within my system
my stomach..my body.
now they not believe..i did not do nothing at all..then who do that..its ok..did you sold your soul svoju dusu kome=to whom?

i come back others not even move not talk..no no..i don't know which condition or power they will have if God say weak up..Are you for sure he will touch one by one..nooooooooooo.
Any other way..yes.
If you know that way what you will do..make them free
or what?..wait..waiting about what?

#418469 Jan 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply repeat over and over and over again the "same" historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---confirmed and authenticated by Apologistic historican authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) and numerous documented writings from the Early Church Fathers who overwhelming agree with the biographical writings from the Lives of the Saints....... If you, jethro8 "stubbornly refuse" to accept the TRUTH, it becomes (YOUR PROBLEM), not mine, nor the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world who "know and accept the SAME DOCUMENTED TRUTHS!!!
~~~

YOU WROTE

Catholics around the world who "know and accept the SAME DOCUMENTED TRUTHS!!!

YOU SIMPLY REPEAT THE SAME HOG WASH OVER AND OVER AGAIN ...AND THEY ACCEPT YOUR LIES AS TRUTH....

YOU CANNOT DOCUMENT ANY THING YOU HAVE WRITTEN....BY THE BIBLE...

OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT...OR ANY THE TEACHINGS OF THE APOSTLES....

CONSTANTINE-ISM IS NOT IN THE BIBLE...
truth

Perth, Australia

#418470 Jan 27, 2013
Who lift me up to see?
where?????????
Why bring me back alive and with remembering.
maybe they think i can't remember
but i can as you can see perfect describe
hugeeeeeee space..oh maybe for us tiny soul its look like that..then how i can explain what i see ..
u nadnaravnom obliku=we say like that as try describe heavenly..or what we did not know..or what we never see..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#418471 Jan 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh,my friend,just because 1.6 billion people have the same belief does NOT make that belief the truth. If that be the case then does that also mean that the over 1 billion muslims that have the same belief must be right in their version of the truth? Scripture tells us that the devil deceiveth the whole world and that all but the ELECT shall be deceivedand I present to you that the ELECT does NOT number in the BILLIONSbut in fact are very few and all the rest of the world is deceived. I present to you that therefore the RCC as well as the Muslim can count themselves among the deceived.

Large number of adherents to your brand of religion does NOT equate your belief being the truth.
preston

Waverly, OH

#418472 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ founded one Church.
Now I could be mistaken on how the word 'Christian' came to be, so any help would be appreciated..
The word Christian was applied as a nickname for the followers of Jesus by people who were not 'Christian'.
If you read the New Testament thru the eyes of someone who didn't have any pre conceived knowledge of religion, you would clearly see Jesus Christ started a Church and made Peter His first leader before He died.
Peter was never the leader of the FIRST churcfh which was at Jerusalem. James the sibling of Jesus was the leader of that church. according to the Bible, but if you or your church are heretics, you can place anyone you want in that FIRST church, but as for me, i support what the bible says.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418473 Jan 27, 2013
Did God created Constantine..is that true nothing exist within him as god creation..as you describe god can do anything what so ever..then why he aloud to happen as you try describe its not true.
As you can see God not destroy this world because of that..no.
now you need explain better..why you attacking other believers who did not know about Constantine.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418474 Jan 27, 2013
How much we are naive if God say I am always with you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#418475 Jan 27, 2013
No..Jesus Christ establish by himself..he personally talk walk between us as our ancestors.
He is leader which i believe..now how you can transform to others.

#418476 Jan 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
SNIPPED for stupidity.
Confrint, you're the poster boy for why the laity has no business interpreting scripture.
You've gone Awol in the doctrinal disaster of Protestantism. You been bogged down for yrs trying to be an authority on Christianity.
I don't recall Christ establishing a conspiracy religion!
You say Jesus Christ let His Church get infiltrated by a Roman Emperor (Constantine)?
Right?
Constantine Changed Christianity and sent billions of souls to hell as a result. Right?
The Bible was printed (1450 AD) and eventually the evangelical born agains set everything straight. Right?
So Confrint, where is your faith in Jesus Christ? Was He lying when He said He'd be with them til the end of the world??
~~~

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT IS YOUR PAGAN RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION ...THAT YOU AND THEM USURP AUTHORITY OVER GOD'S WORD..

YOUR ATTITUDE IS GRAPHICALLY DEFINED IN

Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 ---> For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. <--
Clay

Chicago, IL

#418477 Jan 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
J
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT HEAR OR ADHERE TO THE WORD OF JESUS
THEREFORE IT CANNOT PROMISE EVERLASTING LIFE...WITH CHRIST...
THEIR CONSTANTINE-ISM ....RITUALS THAT THEY FOLLOW ...ONLY LEAD TO A DEAD END STREET...
AT NO TIME HAS ANY CATHOLIC.... HERE IN THIS FORUM.... EXPRESSED HAVING ANY CONDITIONAL OR UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY ...
THEIR RELIGIOUS CALISTHENICS..ARE JUST THAT ...RELIGIOUS
What do you mean? We Catholics have the best opportunity available at eternal security. We have the Eucharist. You don't.
But even partaking in the weekly (or daily bread) doesn't guarantee eternal salvation!
We still have free will and can choose to reject Christ.

A couple weeks ago a stripper (that's an exotic dancer) was giving a lap dance to a customer on a hotel balcony. She stumbled back; fell two floors and died.
Her Mom said her daughter went 'home to the lord'.
Do you believe this 'born again' gal is in Heaven?

The CC will say, Maybe. She could have repented on her way down. She could have been forced to take her clothes off to give a lap dance. Only God is the judge, only He knows.

You say, no matter how she lived... She was saved and will be in Heaven.

Your teaching is against God Confrint. You gave false hope to her parents and countless others by making them think they are going to Heaven no matter how they live.
You're a false prophet.

Location hidden

#418478 Jan 27, 2013
460 450
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain that?
Your prattle does.... not change historical facts...nor the definition of "church" found in Scripture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 21 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web