Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
403,141 - 403,160 of 532,626 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
a lay apostle

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

a lay apostle

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting stuff...
A sure guide?

Terrorism called the Inquisitions? Galileo? Diplomatic immunity from justice for orphans -- thanks to Mussolini.

The church is a good church, but history and reality tell us that there is nothing perfect, no superior guidance, and plenty of faults.

2000 years after the supreme sacrifice, and only about 5% of humanity practice the "perfect message?"

90% of those had it drilled into them from early childhood.

Why not just try to avoid being comedy club material for a few decades and then start back in on being spiritually superior?
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
Protestants do agree among themselves on one thing and one thing only--that the Catholic Church is wrong. Poor things ... ROFMLAO!!!!!!!
95% of humanity doesn't buy into the RCC's "perfect teachings" baloney -- and 90% of those had this drilled into them since early childhood.

We see their perfect teachings in action. Mexico City is the largest RCC-majority city on earth.

With it's RCC values, Catholic Mexico is a big narco-country today.

But what can we expect from a totalitarian RCC value system that brought us Hitler, Franco, and Saint Mussolini?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
To stupid to be catholic, LOL then Praise the Lord let me stay that way.
I don't call you or Regina names Clay, but you both think I am mental and need drugs or called me a drug addict. Or I belong in a mental Hospital etc.
I have been called a liar, and many other names.
So don't tell me I have been treated with respect Clay.
I really didn't mean a personal attack. And I don't think you're really stupid- as in IQ level.
And also, you seem genuinely loving towards your family and individual people in general.

For some reason, you embrace slander towards my faith. Propaganda essays filled with deception; false accusations against the CC.
When you say the Vatican is 'the door way to Hell' its incredibly insulting to me.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you, no Catholic would tell anyone to stay away from the Bible. Seriously dude...get a life.
Well, tony-the-phony DID, and he IS a romanist.
Garlic man

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

alan wrote:
<quoted text>I went to a catholic school for 4 years, taught by nuns. Dont tell me I dont know whats going on, I do know LTM. They brainwashed an entire population. Ever seen God? Ever had a dead human come back from the dead? Ever seen God? ever seen Jesus, Mother Mary, anybody from the Bible? NO! Why, because its a story, a fable like all the other stories humans have told over the ages. But, for some reason this Bible story stuck. Its just for the better. It makes sense that a simple stoy of a Guy that walked on water.......Discussion over, the God seed has been planted. Nothing else matters.Go pray.....
Have you seen me?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Confirmed over and over again for over 2000 years of proven Church History..JETHRO,not confirmed and proven,wrong choice of words,it's been repeated over and over for the past 2000 yrs of "catholic only" church history,to drill it into your brain until you start to actually believe it is all true when you can not honestly corobborate anything.as far as the new testament goes,i don't put much stock in it because it's all hearsay books,and authors are not really known. nothing is undeniably factual.
Your comments are based upon NOTHING other than first "one opinion", then "another opinion" and just more and "more additional opinions" all (laced with more of your (bogus) anti-catholic distorted church history. You don't put much stock in "ANYTHING" Catholic that is supported over and over again with bounified, abundant and (proven) Church History for over 2000 years. If there is "any hearsay" regarding Church History, it comes "directly" from your Protestant heretical "hack" historian writers, who will write or attempt to "debunk "anything" against the TRUTH of Jesus Christs historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not as arrogant as your Pope to make such a claim.
The Holy Spirit gifts individuals 'PEOPLE' not a religious denomination. that is why I don't belong to one because I belong to Jesus.
That is what you don't understand, Clay.
Also if you look back over the posts from Preston, myself, confrinting, FOL, many of the other born again christians we are posting the same scriptures to you catholic's to prove where you are wrong in the catholic churches doctrine.
We agree on these scriptures and the whole Bible as Gods Holy Word.
It has total authority over anything man says.
"It is God breathed,"
The popes word or the catholic church has no creditablity to be calling it self the Only True Church of God.
Your understanding of the Bible is flawed. So is Prestons, Confrints and every other non catholic on this thread.
Can you get close to Jesus Christ by just reading Holy Scriptures? Yes. God is love. To read the Scriptures is to look into the mind of God. Its positive and good. Jesus won't reject someone like LTM opening her Bible and praying!
The issue is that you guys are using those very same scriptures without any authority to teach on it. You're over stepping your bounds. Your embracing incredible ignorance along the way.
You can't argue with the Catholic Church on Scriptural meanings. Its pointless. You can't prove them wrong because the scriptures were given to them to safeguard and teach.
This truth may make your blood boil, but oh well. Truth can't be compromised.
Notice the colossal doctrinal mess you are all in. Nomads in the world of sola scripture...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>stop using the same speech you have been given for thousands of posts,and simply answer my question,you condenm others who killed catholics and yet you stay silent on the needless,senseless killings of the catholic church,so tell me how many people did the church kill
I will repeat this for people like you jethro8, who have "difficulty comprehending ANYTHING that "debunks" the anti-catholic "trash talking" garbage that you are so famous for!!

How many Catholics were murdered by the Protestants during their "reformation"?
Calvin sought to persecute Roman Catholics so as to keep Protestant believers in the lands divided by the Reformation faithful to his new teachings. He viciously persecuted the Spaniard, Michael Servetus,a Catholic, having him burnt alive on October 27, 1553. As early as 1545, Calvin had written,“If he [Servetus] comes to Geneva, I will never allow him to depart alive.”
Melancthon, one of the more mild reformers and the editor for Luther’s many works and teachings, would write to Bullinger,“I am astonished that some persons denounce the severity that was so justly used in that case.”[In reference to execution of Roman Catholics]
Theodore of Beza wrote:“What crime can be greater or more heinous than heresy, which sets at nought the word of God and all ecclesiastic discipline? Christian magistrates, do your duty to God [speaking in Calvin's Geneva of 1554], who has put the sword into your hands for the honor of His majesty; strike valiantly these Catholic monsters in the guise of men.” He went on to characterize those who demanded freedom of conscience “worse than the tyranny of the pope. It is better to have a tyrant, no matter how cruel he may be, than to let everyone do as he pleases.”
Martin Luther also fanned the flames of Catholic intolerance,“Whoever teaches otherwise than I teach, condemns God, and must remain a child of hell.”
King Henry VIII of England, who took upon himself the role of grand royal inquisitor, took the lives of some 72,000 Catholics, many who were cruelly tortured.
Queen Elizabeth, proved herself the former’s daughter by putting to death more Catholics in one year than the Inquisition had done in 331 years!
Irish Catholic Holocaust ---. By the mid-19th century, Ireland was a country of Eight Million, mostly peasants. As a result of years of exploitation, they survived as tenant farmers and were never far from economic disaster. They were forced to exist on a single crop: the potato. A disease turned the potato into a foul slime. When the Irish masses turned to the British government for relief, they were denied.
Meanwhile,“Food, from 30 to 50 shiploads per day, was removed at gunpoint (from Ireland) by 12,000 British constables, reinforced by 200,000 British soldiers, warships, excise vessels, and coast guards... Britain seized from Ireland’s producers tens of millions of head of livestock, tens of millions of tons of flour, grains, meat, poultry and dairy products-enough to sustain 18-million persons.”[20]. Note: While the British occupied Northern Ireland millions of Irish Catholics were starving from lack of food not the British.
Gallagher estimates 2 million died from the famine. Writer Chris Fogarty, places the numbers “murdered at approximately 5.16 million, making it the Irish holocaust.” Distinguished legal scholars, like Professors Charles Rice of Notre Dame U. and Francis A. Boyle, U. of Illinois, believe that under International Law, that the British pursued a barbarous policy of mass starvation of Catholics in Ireland from 1845-50, and that such conduct constituted “genocide.”
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

I will repeat for you, jethro8 your "own history" of Protestant murdering of Catholics and the "hypocricy" that has corrupted you!
Calvin sought to persecute Roman Catholics so as to keep Protestant believers in the lands divided by the Reformation faithful to his new teachings. He viciously persecuted the Spaniard, Michael Servetus,a Catholic, having him burnt alive on October 27, 1553. As early as 1545, Calvin had written,“If he [Servetus] comes to Geneva, I will never allow him to depart alive.”
Melancthon, one of the more mild reformers and the editor for Luther’s many works and teachings, would write to Bullinger,“I am astonished that some persons denounce the severity that was so justly used in that case.”[In reference to execution of Roman Catholics]
Theodore of Beza wrote:“What crime can be greater or more heinous than heresy, which sets at nought the word of God and all ecclesiastic discipline? Christian magistrates, do your duty to God [speaking in Calvin's Geneva of 1554], who has put the sword into your hands for the honor of His majesty; strike valiantly these Catholic monsters in the guise of men.” He went on to characterize those who demanded freedom of conscience “worse than the tyranny of the pope. It is better to have a tyrant, no matter how cruel he may be, than to let everyone do as he pleases.”
Martin Luther also fanned the flames of Catholic intolerance,“Whoever teaches otherwise than I teach, condemns God, and must remain a child of hell.”
King Henry VIII of England, who took upon himself the role of grand royal inquisitor, took the lives of some 72,000 Catholics, many who were cruelly tortured.
Queen Elizabeth, proved herself the former’s daughter by putting to death more Catholics in one year than the Inquisition had done in 331 years!
Irish Catholic Holocaust ---. By the mid-19th century, Ireland was a country of Eight Million, mostly peasants. As a result of years of exploitation, they survived as tenant farmers and were never far from economic disaster. They were forced to exist on a single crop: the potato. A disease turned the potato into a foul slime. When the Irish masses turned to the British government for relief, they were denied.
Meanwhile,“Food, from 30 to 50 shiploads per day, was removed at gunpoint (from Ireland) by 12,000 British constables, reinforced by 200,000 British soldiers, warships, excise vessels, and coast guards... Britain seized from Ireland’s producers tens of millions of head of livestock, tens of millions of tons of flour, grains, meat, poultry and dairy products-enough to sustain 18-million persons.”[20]. Note: While the British occupied Northern Ireland millions of Irish Catholics were starving from lack of food not the British.
Gallagher estimates 2 million died from the famine. Writer Chris Fogarty, places the numbers “murdered at approximately 5.16 million, making it the Irish holocaust.” Distinguished legal scholars, like Professors Charles Rice of Notre Dame U. and Francis A. Boyle, U. of Illinois, believe that under International Law, that the British pursued a barbarous policy of mass starvation of Catholics in Ireland from 1845-50, and that such conduct constituted “genocide.”
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, tony-the-phony DID, and he IS a romanist.
Of course, if you can't read the Bible responsibly then yeah, stay out of it. It can be dangerous in the hands idiots.
How many compounds were constructed after people read Revelation? They thought the whole book was about the end of the world! They thought it was happening now. That was 400 yrs ago and 40,000 cults later.
You conspiracy Christians have ruined souls with your private interpretation of Sacred Scripture.

Every one of you was started by a Biblical theme that was taken out of context and you went Awol with it!
I believe your people, Jac, ran off in a rabid frenzy after seeing something about the Sabbath in Scriptures?
So sad you were duped by these private interpreters and self proclaimed authorities..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of the Bible is flawed. So is Prestons, Confrints and every other non catholic on this thread.
lol, any time you or any other catholic on here can prove me wrong on my understanding of what God teaches ,BRING IT ON!!!!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat this for people like you jethro8, who have "difficulty comprehending ANYTHING that "debunks" the anti-catholic "trash talking" garbage that you are so famous for!!
45 million Catholic Martyrs in the 20th century alone. Among them, 3 million Polish Catholics during the holocaust.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, any time you or any other catholic on here can prove me wrong on my understanding of what God teaches ,BRING IT ON!!!!!
You memorize Bible versus Preston. That's all.

You've come to the conclusion that me, my wife and two children will be in eternal hell because we plan on remaining Catholic. We are not saved according to you.

You want more proof?
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, any time you or any other catholic on here can prove me wrong on my understanding of what God teaches ,BRING IT ON!!!!!
You claim all the Apostolic fathers were wrong.
You offer nothing remotely rational on how the Bible was compiled.... when, where and how we got the New Testament.
All you got is what you say the Bible says.
And you say it says my family will burn in hell for remaining Catholic.
More proof?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you get close to Jesus Christ by just reading Holy Scriptures? Yes. God is love. To read the Scriptures is to look into the mind of God. Its positive and good. Jesus won't reject someone like LTM opening her Bible and praying!
The issue is that you guys are using those very same scriptures without any authority to teach on it. You're over stepping your bounds. Your embracing incredible ignorance along the way.
You can't argue with the Catholic Church on Scriptural meanings. Its pointless. You can't prove them wrong because the scriptures were given to them to safeguard and teach.
Notice the colossal doctrinal mess you are all in. Nomads in the world of sola scripture...
By whom's authority do you have the right to tell me I can't do something God says I can do.
God gave the Catholic church the Holy Scriptures to safe not a chances Clay are you kidding.
You should read up on the Nomads Clay. You might learn something.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
Remember, its you guys who are bringing the fight to us. I didn't seek to convert you. I didn't get in your face and tell you your going to hell with your kids and Pope (if you had one).
You guys aren't secure enough in your theology. So when you see a headline like the one on this thread, you go bananas. Could it be you're sacred it might be truth?
You should have been content with your congregation, your church, and your Bible. Catholics got their teachings AND authority directly from the Apostles. Nothing..... not even the gates of hell will bring it down.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim all the Apostolic fathers were wrong.
You offer nothing remotely rational on how the Bible was compiled.... when, where and how we got the New Testament.
All you got is what you say the Bible says.
And you say it says my family will burn in hell for remaining Catholic.
More proof?
Many Biblical characters, such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David and others, lived a nomadic lifestyle. A nomad lived in tents and traveled from location to location in search of water and pastures for their livestock.

The religion of the nomads is very different from our understanding of religion. The whole of the nomads life was his religion. As his very existence was dependent upon rain he understood that his life was in God's hands at all times. The nomad saw the power, justice, love and mercy of God in all things and coversly all of his activities, from eating to making shelter, was seen as a service to God. The nomad lived in harmony with his surroundings and understood as being one with God who created all things. In short, his life was one long prayer to God.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay I would never tell someone their family is bound for hell ever.
For one that isn't my call,
Second to claim I know all the Bible would not be true, I don't .
Third, I do believe God is able to teach me, through the power of His Holy Spirit, He is more then able to give me a revelation of His Holy Word.
You sir do not know your God, or the Power of God.
My blood does not boil Clay my heart is sad for you and all of the catholic's who have been lead away from God, by false prophets and false doctrine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Ecko 8,126
More 21 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 21 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 21 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••