Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
403,121 - 403,140 of 532,443 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>Oh, please! misquote me and say I believe Constantine was 300 years old? and by your gross misquote you think you can flip my statement on its ear? this just makes you look ridiculous.
-
<quoted text>Constantine's warmongering in the "Name of God" was contagious and planted that sort of seed in the minds of the people in the area ... that it was OK to wage WAR in the name of God.
<quoted text>I know there was no longer Roman Empire.... but the mindset of murdering and torturing was well established by the time Muhammad came on the scene.
-
Civil War and Hawaii? you need to come up with a more cohesive analogy than that as far as Hawaii goes, it wasn't even on the "US" map during the Civil War - let alone its inhabitants.
-
-
<quoted text>
as in the anti-drug commercial
the father asks his son where he learned to take drugs?
the kid says, "I learned it by watching YOU, dad. I learned it by watching you."
after 300 years of watching wars and torture waged by "Catholics" in the area, Islam was born ... "they learned it by watching the Catholics." ... for 300 years.
You're completely nuts.. so filled with ignorance and hatred towards Catholics that nothing will satisfy you unless you can topple the Catholic Church.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
THE TRINITY DOCTRINE FORGERY- MATTHEW 28:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I pray my family- especially my children never get suckered into a cult.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
another flip answer from you - I'm not surprised.
-
Muslims learned from watching *followers* of Constantine (a.k.a. "Catholics") wage war - in the Name of God - in the area.
-
They were followers of Constantine - they certainly were NOT following Christ.
wow. I suppose all the wars in the history of The world were because people learned from Constantine? You're an idiot.
You make me more Catholic every time you post.
Rational people will slide over to Catholicism as a result of you. Vulnerable Ideologues will slide over to your side because of you.
You only achieve this thru deceit. You yourself were the victim of this too. Now you're the guilty one because we've shown you to be wrong but you ignore it, because you have to in order to function.
We rational people will pray for you ignorant people. I can at least promise you that Guest.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo, I dropped out of the RCC years ago but it had nothing to do with the scandals (I didn't even know about them then). Every religion has its faults, well I should say "sinners" but that doesn't mean the religion is to blame. But to believe there's ONE TRUE RELIGION for the entire universe is ludicrous. If there's life elsewhere, did Jesus take on their form and sacrifice Himself as He supposedly did here? If Jesus were indeed the Son of God it would have to be a universal happening, or did He come to this one little planet because we're that unique and important? With God, it would have to be all or nothing.
Do you honestly believe ONLY the RCC has the entire "truth"? The only ones making that claim are the pope and his devotees. Through much study, I find many Catholic claims just aren't true. Most Catholic dogma isn't bible-based, if the bible is important to you. "Hate-filled people"? Are they hate-filled because very little, and in some cases, NOTHING is being done about the guilty priests who actually did abuse children. If that were you or me, we'd have been in prison a long time ago. There's evidence Ratzinger ordered SILENCE when the abuses became public - yet he still was voted in as pope. Maybe that was even one reason why. I know you're an intelligent person, and that may even be part of why you refuse to question or doubt your faith. If ever you found concrete fault (and there is evidence of a LOT of that) your faith could no longer stand and your entire belief system, probably of a lifetime, would disintegrate and you'd be left with NOTHING. I know that's a scary thought but I faced it and so can anyone else. I found that what I'd been taught for so many years was often no more than "pious legends" and that there were many itinerant preachers eerily similar to Christ, who taught the same, were even rumored to have died and returned...study enough of ALL "savior" claims and you can almost see how everything eventually "morphed" into what today's bibles claim.I think the resurrection, if there was any at all, would have been a spiritual, and not a physical "return". When Jesus said "the Kingdom of God is within you", did He mean that if you cut a body open you'll find a little "city" or equiv. in there? Of course not; He was speaking of a spiritual, not a literal, Kingdom. I think that's probably on the same level as the "physical" Resurrection. It's certainly possible, and well worth considering.
Thanks for your comments: I do believe that Jesus (did in fact) initiate, form and authenticate One True Church (which is the ONLY One (Universal) Church that He refers to in Matthew 16:13-21.....Over 2000 years of Church History by historian authors, and Apologistic writers have confirm this "truth" over and over again. Yes---the Catholic Church "does in fact" have the Fullness of the Truth and the Fullness of the faith. That doesn't mean that other Christian and non-Christian religions do not have "some or partial truth" to their teachings. It is quite obvious to me that Jesus did not intend to establish 42,000+ other Christian denominations that are all contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent with each other!!There can be "only one truth"--not 42,000 different "relative truths"! So, which one of the 42,000 denominations "is the truth" if the Fullness of the Truth is not in the Catholic Church according to "bible only Protestants.
Yes--when Jesus said that "the Kingdom of God is within you" He was speaking of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. However, The Spirit of God grows, is nourished and is manifested in the "fullness of the faith and the truth, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. Paul confirms this in 1 Timothy 3:15 when he calls the Church, the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. The bible is the word of God, but it is "not" the only source of truth that God chose to transmit, His divine truth!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
Was just reading about his book "100 Biblical Arguments Against Sola Scriptura". The table of contents 'alone' is enough of an argument, and this is just one chapter!:

E. The Alleged Perspicuity of Scripture and the Necessity of Authoritative Interpretation (40-53)

40.“Desert Island” Minimalistic Christianity Is Not the Biblical Norm
41. The Historical Wisdom of the Church Is a Better Interpreter than Any Individual or Denomination
42. False Assumptions Can Lead Biblical Exegetes Astray, but the Church is a Sure Guide
43. The Bible Itself Teaches that it Can be Misinterpreted
44. Perspicuity and Denominationalism are at Odds
45. Protestantism is Radically Contradictory in How it Harmonizes and Systematizes “Plain” Scripture
46. The Bible Teaches that Biblical Interpretation is Inherently Necessary
47. Jesus Reveals Hidden Scriptures to the Disciples at Emmaus
48. Sincere Study Alone Does Not Guarantee Correct Interpretation of Scripture
49. Sola Scriptura Means It’s Always the Other Guy’s Problem
50. The Bible Never Lists Its “Essential” Teachings
51. The Bible Asserts that Its Teachings Have to Be “Opened”
52. Many Things in the Gospels Are Difficult to Understand: John 6 for Example
53. In the Old Covenant, Authoritative Teaching Authority Was Constantly Exercised
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Full of love do you know the truth? They planted the "God" seed, they knew humans would believe. They knew the primitive human animal would believe one God created everything. Its a story to cover the truth of human existance. Dont be scared FOL, they mean no harm. They visit to study and munipulate all life on this floating petri dish. Bow your head and pray they never let you glimps their world.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're completely nuts.. so filled with ignorance and hatred towards Catholics that nothing will satisfy you unless you can topple the Catholic Church.
If it were at all possible, I would take it a part brick by brick.
when I look at pictures of the vatican I see the door to hell.

The gates of hell will not prevail against it, because it is the gates of hell.
'A HOUSE DIVIDE AGAINST IT SELF WILL NOT PREVAIL."
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Full of love do you know the truth? They planted the "God" seed, they knew humans would believe. They knew the primitive human animal would believe one God created everything. Its a story to cover the truth of human existance. Dont be scared FOL, they mean no harm. They visit to study and munipulate all life on this floating petri dish. Bow your head and pray they never let you glimps their world.
If that were true 'alan" why then do we have some many religions who worship idols of animals, trees, other humans , satan worshippers etc.
Then you have people who worship the unseen God. you also have people like you who don't believe in anything.
So your argument is irrelevant.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Note: Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells will starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes t o nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines will become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
(PLEASE SHARE IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT)
everything you said should be a diet,cancer or not,sugars though are not going to matter because cancer cells stick themselves to glucose, which you produce naturally through the breakdown of foods,that is why pancreatic cancer is the worst,that is where glucose comes from.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The words of Jesus, in the New Testament, especially in the
Gospel, paraphrased and highlighted in "RED" indicating that Jesus HIMSELF, stated and spoke these words. No doubt, no question, no debate, as to the TRUTH here, that these were the "expressed words of Jesus Christ. Yes-----"MY body is real food and MY blood is real drink" says Jesus in John 6:47-59.---- Confirmed over and over again for over 2000 years of proven Church History.---------I'll stick to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His teachings, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You, jethro8, can believe what you want!!--Your loss and our gain, as 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world.
Confirmed over and over again for over 2000 years of proven Church History..JETHRO,not confirmed and proven,wrong choice of words,it's been repeated over and over for the past 2000 yrs of "catholic only" church history,to drill it into your brain until you start to actually believe it is all true when you can not honestly corobborate anything.as far as the new testament goes,i don't put much stock in it because it's all hearsay books,and authors are not really known. nothing is undeniably factual.
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true 'alan" why then do we have some many religions who worship idols of animals, trees, other humans , satan worshippers etc.
Then you have people who worship the unseen God. you also have people like you who don't believe in anything.
So your argument is irrelevant.
I went to a catholic school for 4 years, taught by nuns. Dont tell me I dont know whats going on, I do know LTM. They brainwashed an entire population. Ever seen God? Ever had a dead human come back from the dead? Ever seen God? ever seen Jesus, Mother Mary, anybody from the Bible? NO! Why, because its a story, a fable like all the other stories humans have told over the ages. But, for some reason this Bible story stuck. Its just for the better. It makes sense that a simple stoy of a Guy that walked on water.......Discussion over, the God seed has been planted. Nothing else matters.Go pray.....

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You will not see a lot of words in scripture. One is 'Trinity'. Yet, people accept it. And folks on this thread have been arguing about that meaning for a couple days now.
Another is the word Bible. Where does that word appear in the Bible?
So if you're going to make the statement that all of Christianity should be found in the books, I would ask you which books? Who's Bible? Why is it 'the Bible'? Who said its the Bible?
Does Jethro say those books are the Bible?
Does Jethro agree with someone else that says those books are the Bible?
I'll wait for your answer..
we will never know exactly what was or was not in the books of the bible/scriptures since we do not have access to them all,the word bible does not appear because it was not suppose to be written,but where does it come from? "the so called true church".christianity would not be found in all books since it is a creation of mans.was jesus a christian? or was he into judism? or any religion? he told his followers to go among the people and spread his "words" not my fathers catholic words,protestant words etc.just his words,so is religion really suppose to be apart of god? or jesus?he is king of the jews,not king of catholocism and so on,to be a follower in god you are suppose to believe in him,not some fancy dressed up buildings along with fancy dressed up men,calling themselves holy men.can you actually prove it? no you can't.due to the stupidity of man,we will never know the truth,books were burned,why? why not preserve them for future study,what did they hide from the world? one church was built a spiritual church,and it is universal,but it's not here on earth,if it truly exists at all.so far no one has proven that god does truly exist,we are grasping at light because we are afraid of the dark.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

You fool me not wrote:
Protestants do agree among themselves on one thing and one thing only--that the Catholic Church is wrong. Poor things ... ROFMLAO!!!!!!!
they are right.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just pointing out to "you" and all Protestants, atheists and agnostics how "all of you" (hatefilled anti-catholics) use "any dirt you can dig up" to further your vengeance, hostility and rage
by purposely and conveniently "overlooking" the all of the "same immoral degredation (killing, sexual abuse and any and all sinful actions) of "your own failed religious and non-religious organizations and denominational beliefs". Jesus established, formed and initiated His Church---"to save sinners"! Just because some of its followers stray and commit sin, doesn't mean that Our Lords One True Church was not founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF, to teach His infallible TRUTH..... Since the Reformation (Anti-Catholic bashing) has been the (desperate ploy) that the majority of "antagonistic" non-catholics use, in order to (unsuccessfully support) their own (half-truth)(half-heresy) "failed beliefs".
The other 1.168 Billion (faith-filled) Catholics around the world, "know the Truth" and that is why the Catholic Church continues to grow (each and every year) "up 1.5% in 2012 while ALL OTHER Protestant groups continue to decline in numbers (the majority of those converting to the TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---historically and biblically PROVEN for over 2000 years!!
stop using the same speech you have been given for thousands of posts,and simply answer my question,you condenm others who killed catholics and yet you stay silent on the needless,senseless killings of the catholic church,so tell me how many people did the church kill because they would not follow the church? this 1.5% growth you speak of are in third world uneducated countries,not happening in the u.s or europe,or other well educated countries,the church is taking advantage of the fact that these poor people do not know the true church history.if they did,you wouldn't have your 1.5% growth.why do you think the pope went to central america not to long ago? that's where your growth is.
Fun Facts

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Was just reading about his book "100 Biblical Arguments Against Sola Scriptura". The table of contents 'alone' is enough of an argument, and this is just one chapter!:
E. The Alleged Perspicuity of Scripture and the Necessity of Authoritative Interpretation (40-53)
40.“Desert Island” Minimalistic Christianity Is Not the Biblical Norm
41. The Historical Wisdom of the Church Is a Better Interpreter than Any Individual or Denomination
42. False Assumptions Can Lead Biblical Exegetes Astray, but the Church is a Sure Guide
43. The Bible Itself Teaches that it Can be Misinterpreted
44. Perspicuity and Denominationalism are at Odds
45. Protestantism is Radically Contradictory in How it Harmonizes and Systematizes “Plain” Scripture
46. The Bible Teaches that Biblical Interpretation is Inherently Necessary
47. Jesus Reveals Hidden Scriptures to the Disciples at Emmaus
48. Sincere Study Alone Does Not Guarantee Correct Interpretation of Scripture
49. Sola Scriptura Means It’s Always the Other Guy’s Problem
50. The Bible Never Lists Its “Essential” Teachings
51. The Bible Asserts that Its Teachings Have to Be “Opened”
52. Many Things in the Gospels Are Difficult to Understand: John 6 for Example
53. In the Old Covenant, Authoritative Teaching Authority Was Constantly Exercised
Very interesting stuff...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow LTM. You're just as hateful and ignorant as Guest.

I don't suppose you could tell me who among you 42,000, has the correct teachings from the Holy Spirit?
I really need to know. I've got so many to choose from! The Bible points me towards the Catholic Church. But I know that can't be true, because LTM says she sees hell when she looks at Bishops and Priests.
So who is it LTM? No two of ya agree on scripture. One of you- evidently is lucky enough to be the one with the answers.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>everything you said should be a diet,cancer or not,sugars though are not going to matter because cancer cells stick themselves to glucose, which you produce naturally through the breakdown of foods,that is why pancreatic cancer is the worst,that is where glucose comes from.
I agree Jethro it is the same with diabetic, a diabetic diet would be ideal.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the group that could be classified as 'too stupid to be Catholic'.
Hence, you're a victim; easy prey for cult leaders.

People on the outside of this thread may think I'm being to harsh.
But you and I both know what an ignorant Ideologue you are.
You been treated with the utmost respect for yrs. Yet, you ignore truth and continue posting propaganda and slander. Lies LTM!
You wine because Regina and others aren't nice to you anymore. Yet, you announce that you'd like to take down the Catholic Church brick by brick. You say you see the door to Hell when you look at the Vatican.
Respect you want? Well, maybe the first time you spew your garbage...but not the 700th time.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow LTM. You're just as hateful and ignorant as Guest.
I don't suppose you could tell me who among you 42,000, has the correct teachings from the Holy Spirit?
I really need to know. I've got so many to choose from! The Bible points me towards the Catholic Church. But I know that can't be true, because LTM says she sees hell when she looks at Bishops and Priests.
So who is it LTM? No two of ya agree on scripture. One of you- evidently is lucky enough to be the one with the answers.
I am not as arrogant as your Pope to make such a claim.
The Holy Spirit gifts individuals 'PEOPLE' not a religious denomination. that is why I don't belong to one because I belong to Jesus.
That is what you don't understand, Clay.
Also if you look back over the posts from Preston, myself, confrinting, FOL, many of the other born again christians we are posting the same scriptures to you catholic's to prove where you are wrong in the catholic churches doctrine.
We agree on these scriptures and the whole Bible as Gods Holy Word.
It has total authority over anything man says.
"It is God breathed,"

The popes word or the catholic church has no creditablity to be calling it self the Only True Church of God.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the group that could be classified as 'too stupid to be Catholic'.
Hence, you're a victim; easy prey for cult leaders.
People on the outside of this thread may think I'm being to harsh.
But you and I both know what an ignorant Ideologue you are.
You been treated with the utmost respect for yrs. Yet, you ignore truth and continue posting propaganda and slander. Lies LTM!
You wine because Regina and others aren't nice to you anymore. Yet, you announce that you'd like to take down the Catholic Church brick by brick. You say you see the door to Hell when you look at the Vatican.
Respect you want? Well, maybe the first time you spew your garbage...but not the 700th time.
To stupid to be catholic, LOL then Praise the Lord let me stay that way.
I don't call you or Regina names Clay, but you both think I am mental and need drugs or called me a drug addict. Or I belong in a mental Hospital etc.
I have been called a liar, and many other names.
So don't tell me I have been treated with respect Clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••