Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,977
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418227 Jan 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you take the conjectured (opinions) of "(inconsistent mere men) who distort and mis-interpret the TRUE interpretation of the word of God" with a hodge-podge of 42,000+ Protestant inconsistent "corruptible men" who contradict "THE WORD MADE FLESH..... Jesus Christ the Son of God.(manifested in and through) His One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)...God is not, nor ever will be, the author of your 42,000+ contradicting (confuse and chaotic) denominations..
~~~

Jesus did not die in order to establish a pagan religious society that

would edit his word to fit their own ungodly actions/purpose..

Would murder ( be guilty of the blood of believers for a period of 650 years,)

That would sodomize thousands of children over the centuries,

YET TO BE BOLD ENOUGH TO CLAIM THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT

REPRESENT .

MAN YOU NEED A BRAIN TRANSFUSION . AND A HEART TRANSPLANT.

___

AS I WROTE IN MY FORMER POST ..

YOU HAVE NO FEAR OF GOD.

THE CHARACTERISTICS/TRACK RECORD.... OF YOUR RELIGIOUS FARCE ARE THE ATTRIBUTES OF THE DEVIL...

JESUS DESCRIBED THE DEVIL... IN ...

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

____

THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH JESUS CAME TO EARTH

HE SAID

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly..

IN NO WAY HAS YOU CHURCH FOLLOWED THE PURPOSE OF JESUS...

IT HAS ....STOLEN ...KILLED AND DESTROYED...

If I were you ....I would be ashamed to speak out in defense of such an evil dynasty,..... that has attempted to usurp the dynasty of David.

YOUR defense of such an evil religious society ...is a revelation of what you would do ...GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY. is it not?
truth

Perth, Australia

#418228 Jan 26, 2013
Jesus is full of Mercy.
Did you need be scare of someone who is loving and full of Mercy?
No.
truth

Perth, Australia

#418229 Jan 26, 2013
we not care about satelite camera..see its not worthy copy on evil way caracter of others noooooo..
its satanic way..where come destruction for ever..yep

one up other down cross over one but down..
now
satyan want destroy 1/3 stars..
its ok not to bad
what a about others..
i mean very close all lot

3x heaven
how much is that
which religion
who they are
how much holy

don't pretend about love where love not exist..

now

what i have to do

destroy you all or save you all

think about that

i am stil alive

did you see what i wrote to you

dead body
huge and huge huge a large not one planet manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

how many times my mind going register that..
my subconsciousness as well conciseness register that..no limiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
frozennnnnnnnnnnnnnn

me
no
i walk alive
others
in dead bags frozen

i come back
others not

then
explain why i am alive

who save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
as well why?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418230 Jan 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat:
What a completely asinine question!!!! Quote: Is the deity of Christ biblical?
You, evidently, live so far back in the woods, there is not enough pipe to pipe in some sunshine to you!!!!
Christ is the Son of God...He is the Second Person in the Holy Trinity...He is the Incarnate Son of God....
I, evidently, have been mistaken in thinking that all Christians knew this!!!...I was wrong!!!!
there is only one God Oxbow 'ONE' 3 persons in one Holy Righteous God. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, The Holy Trinity
Jesus Himself the Father and I are one. Jesus is the word of God, He was with God in the beginning, The Word was God, John 1
We are just discussing a different of opinions here Oxbow, please don't get insulting.
I don't live in the back woods, as a Canadian I would rather that pipe line never got built, its a disaster waiting to happen.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418231 Jan 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
REPRESENT .
___
YOU HAVE NO FEAR OF GOD.
THE CHARACTERISTICS/TRACK RECORD.... OF YOUR RELIGIOUS FARCE ARE THE ATTRIBUTES OF THE DEVIL...
____
HE SAID
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly..
If I were you ....I would be ashamed to speak out in defense of such an evil dynasty,..... that has attempted to usurp the dynasty of David.
YOUR defense of such an evil religious society ...is a revelation of what you would do ...GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY. is it not?
How is your wife coming along Confrinting ,
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418232 Jan 26, 2013
What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?"

Answer: The most difficult thing about the Christian concept of the Trinity is that there is no way to perfectly and completely understand it. The Trinity is a concept that is impossible for any human being to fully understand, let alone explain. God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different Persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean the Trinity is not true or that it is not based on the teachings of the Bible.

The Trinity is one God existing in three Persons. Understand that this is not in any way suggesting three Gods. Keep in mind when studying this subject that the word “Trinity” is not found in Scripture. This is a term that is used to attempt to describe the triune God—three coexistent, co-eternal Persons who make up God. Of real importance is that the concept represented by the word “Trinity” does exist in Scripture. The following is what God’s Word says about the Trinity:

1) There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:5).

2) The Trinity consists of three Persons (Genesis 1:1, 26; 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7 and Isaiah 6:8, the plural pronoun for “us” is used. The word "Elohim" and the pronoun “us” are plural forms, definitely referring in the Hebrew language to more than two. While this is not an explicit argument for the Trinity, it does denote the aspect of plurality in God. The Hebrew word for "God," "Elohim," definitely allows for the Trinity.

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Compare Isaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this passage is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

3) The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages. In the Old Testament,“LORD” is distinguished from “Lord”(Genesis 19:24; Hosea 1:4). The LORD has a Son (Psalm 2:7, 12; Proverbs 30:2-4). The Spirit is distinguished from the “LORD”(Numbers 27:18) and from “God”(Psalm 51:10-12). God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7; Hebrews 1:8-9). In the New Testament, Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17). This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another Person in the Trinity—the Father.

4) Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).

5) There is subordination within the Trinity. Scripture shows that the Holy Spirit is subordinate to the Father and the Son, and the Son is subordinate to the Father. This is an internal relationship and does not deny the deity of any Person of the Trinity. This is simply an area which our finite minds cannot understand concerning the infinite God. Concerning the Son see Luke 22:42, John 5:36, John 20:21, and 1 John 4:14. Concerning the Holy Spirit see John 14:16, 14:26, 15:26, 16:7, and especially John 16:13-14.

cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418233 Jan 26, 2013
Cont-
6) The individual members of the Trinity have different tasks. The Father is the ultimate source or cause of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11); divine revelation (Revelation 1:1); salvation (John 3:16-17); and Jesus' human works (John 5:17; 14:10). The Father initiates all of these things.

The Son is the agent through whom the Father does the following works: the creation and maintenance of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17); divine revelation (John 1:1, 16:12-15; Matthew 11:27; Revelation 1:1); and salvation (2 Corinthians 5:19; Matthew 1:21; John 4:42). The Father does all these things through the Son, who functions as His agent.

The Holy Spirit is the means by whom the Father does the following works: creation and maintenance of the universe (Genesis 1:2; Job 26:13; Psalm 104:30); divine revelation (John 16:12-15; Ephesians 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21); salvation (John 3:6; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:2); and Jesus' works (Isaiah 61:1; Acts 10:38). Thus, the Father does all these things by the power of the Holy Spirit.

There have been many attempts to develop illustrations of the Trinity. However, none of the popular illustrations are completely accurate. The egg (or apple) fails in that the shell, white, and yolk are parts of the egg, not the egg in themselves, just as the skin, flesh, and seeds of the apple are parts of it, not the apple itself. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not parts of God; each of them is God. The water illustration is somewhat better, but it still fails to adequately describe the Trinity. Liquid, vapor, and ice are forms of water. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not forms of God, each of them is God. So, while these illustrations may give us a picture of the Trinity, the picture is not entirely accurate. An infinite God cannot be fully described by a finite illustration.

The doctrine of the Trinity has been a divisive issue throughout the entire history of the Christian church. While the core aspects of the Trinity are clearly presented in God’s Word, some of the side issues are not as explicitly clear. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God—but there is only one God. That is the biblical doctrine of the Trinity. Beyond that, the issues are, to a certain extent, debatable and non-essential. Rather than attempting to fully define the Trinity with our finite human minds, we would be better served by focusing on the fact of God's greatness and His infinitely higher nature.“Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?”(Romans 11:33-34).
gotquestion.ca
truth

Perth, Australia

#418234 Jan 26, 2013
is that correct
manipulators still try sell story in vain

this world not yet finish
but corupt lips try tell you deference
did they are correct save us..nooooooooooooooo

now
because of that
they are followers of what?
Who going save them?
truth

Perth, Australia

#418235 Jan 26, 2013
hair
h=8 a=1 air
see
they talk how
psalm 8
o lord you are above in heaven=air

now
spirit alive
The Watcher

Clearlake, CA

#418236 Jan 26, 2013
The pope is the unquestioned leader of a large part of the earth's population.

But this is changing rapidly as we are able to communicate with each other without fear of repercussions from this powerful political entity that falsely calls itself a church.

The questioning of the church by early Christians eventually stopped.

And this is logical considering all of those who disagreed with the Roman version of Christianity were systematically tortured and murdered over the centuries to protect the so-called one true church! This continued until the fear of the church was so inculcated in the populace that no one dared to question it's insanity! Until now.

Now that all of us can speak out safely the Roman Catholic Church's days are numbered!
Clay

United States

#418237 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You say the above ...
But in principle you deny it..
If you believed that Jesus is
Fully Divine
Fully human.
Jesus and God are one.
Why do you take the conjecture of mere men instead the word of God?
You place the word of incorruptible men on the same level as the word made flesh .... Jesus Christ the son of God....
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,-->(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.,--
The Apostle Paul wrote about you pagans..
He wrote...concerning your kind ...in ...
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 --> And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God
into an image made like to corruptible man,<-- and to birds, and
four footed beasts, and creeping things.
What??? Are you siding with Ox?

Listen Confrint, and every other non Catholic on here, its time you guys face a certain truth. Sola Scripture; scripture alone, without an Earthly authority; Jesus Christ established a Bible for GG Ministry and not a Church ... is false false false.

So until you can prove sola scripure as valid, all other discussions mean nothing because you're using the Bible out of context to make your points.
You're using a false premises to make a 'truthful' statement.
Clay

United States

#418238 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
REPRESENT .
___
YOU HAVE NO FEAR OF GOD.
____
HE SAID
If what you're saying is true (and we've proven you to be a compulsive exaggerator -that's a nice word for liar).
BUT, if what you're saying about the Church becoming Pagan and ungodly and losing their way is true!
Then Our Lord Jesus Christ is also a liar. Because He promised to be with them til the end.

Also, if what you're saying is true, then Jesus started a secret hidden church, and didn't reveal it til the printing of the Bible in 1450 AD. Thus paving the way for 42,000 future Christian sects.

So which one of you is right?
Clay

United States

#418239 Jan 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Clay...where are you???
070 065
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture upon scripture has been provided for you to show you're in error.
You provided some that show you're not in error.
That's the reality of sola scripture.
Apparently. each one of us are to determine what Our lords will was.
Why are you not answering my question??? Afraid of the truth????
Question. Your religion teaches that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God?????!!!!! Why do you not believe what your religion teaches???
Maybe - instead of playing word games for your personal kicks- you should unequivocally state what you believe God is and what Christ is.

If you really want to know what I think on this, then look up what the Catholic Church authoritatively teaches on it. I won't waver from them.
That is what true faith in Christ means. Trust in His infallible guidance on faith and morals from the only Church that existed in 33 AD, 100 AD, 300 AD, 600 AD .....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418240 Jan 26, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
>Would someone be so kind as to show me the teaching in the following that Christ is God and God is Christ...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
>>> the Word was God.<<<<.
>>>>the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, <<<<<
(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
The Word is quite clearly stated to be God, and quite clearly stated to br made flesh ("Incarnate"), and that the Word "dwelt among us."
There is no question this is Jesus, the Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
Aka "God the Son."
Rob
so far, he, OXBOW, along with my grandson are two main clogs that UNITE us. several protestants tried to enlighten him to no avail, as well as some catholics.

the Bible tells us to just leave this kind of person alone after trying to reason with him several times.

he was a kook when he first came on this forum, and he will stay that way.

Location hidden

#418241 Jan 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? Are you siding with Ox?
Listen Confrint, and every other non Catholic on here, its time you guys face a certain truth. Sola Scripture; scripture alone, without an Earthly authority; Jesus Christ established a Bible for GG Ministry and not a Church ... is false false false.
So until you can prove sola scripure as valid, all other discussions mean nothing because you're using the Bible out of context to make your points.
You're using a false premises to make a 'truthful' statement.
excuse me clay, but let me interject into this convdersation.

your church says that "sola scripture" is invalid, so lets see you and/or them PROVE IT!

Jesus tells us to live by of every Word that Proceeded out of His Mouth.
that is Scripture and your church has no Authority over jesus, It is supposed to be the other Way around, isnt it?

here is some marlakey(and it cant be called anything but that)to try and refute SS.

Passages misused in supporting Sola Scriptura

In the attempt to "prove" Sola Scriptura some passages are given a meaning they simply don't have.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.(2 Timothy 3:16)

This verse doesn't say anything about "only scripture."

THIS IS ABOUT AS STUPID AS STUPID CAN GET.LOL.

LOOK AT THE BEGINNING OF THAT bIBLE VERSE. IT SAYS [ALL].

SO JUST WHAT ELSE ARE CHRISTIAN SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW? IF NOT, THE WORD?

FOR IT IS WRITTEN; THE WORD WAS WITH GOD AND THE [WORD] WAS GOD.

as for me, along with Abraham, who heard the Word and journeyed to a far of land, i am going to follow the Scriptures[Word] and some day enter into that land of Canaan, which is my final rest.

but people like you, clay, can mock all you wish concerning those who follow the [Word] completely, if that is what you desire.

there is nothing on this Earth that has been given, that sets equally with the Bible.NOTHING!!!

Location hidden

#418242 Jan 26, 2013

In the attempt to "prove" Sola Scriptura some passages are given a meaning they simply don't have.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.(2 Timothy 3:16)

http://www.northforest.org/ProtestantErrors/S...

ONLY THE DEVIL TRIES TO BELITTLE THE WORD OF GOD. REMEMBER THAT CLAY

Location hidden

#418243 Jan 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe - instead of playing word games for your personal kicks- you should unequivocally state what you believe God is and what Christ is.
If you really want to know what I think on this, then look up what the Catholic Church authoritatively teaches on it. I won't waver from them.
That is what true faith in Christ means. Trust in His infallible guidance on faith and morals from the only Church that existed in 33 AD, 100 AD, 300 AD, 600 AD .....
lol.

If you really want to know what I think on this, then look up what the Catholic Church authoritatively teaches on it.

THAT IS LIKE SOME BROWBEATEN POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUSBAND TO SAY.

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I THINK? ASK MY WIFE!!!!

sorry to all wives, but as soon as I read his reply, that came to mind.lol.

but hey, dont worry about it clay, Dust Storm will come on and tell us what you think.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#418244 Jan 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you probably know this already, but some may not. Oxbow has been playing games for quite some time now. We ran him off a few months ago and he slithered over to the 'what divides' board until they got sick of him and stopped replying. The best thing any of us can do is ignore his juvenile posts. He has no interest in meaningful conversation.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#418245 Jan 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you probably know this already, but some may not. Oxbow has been playing games for quite some time now. We ran him off a few months ago and he slithered over to the 'what divides' board until they got sick of him and stopped replying. The best thing any of us can do is ignore his juvenile posts. He has no interest in meaningful conversation.
I tend to agree,he does not just state what he believes,and explains why,but keeps throwing what he questions about Catholic belief,trying to get some response who can figure it out?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#418246 Jan 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
http://www.northforest.org/ProtestantErrors/S...
ONLY THE DEVIL TRIES TO BELITTLE THE WORD OF GOD. REMEMBER THAT CLAY
Nice picture of your grandson Preston.

2 Tim. 3:14 - Protestants usually use 2 Tim. 3:16-17 to prove that the Bible is the sole authority of God's word. But examining these texts disproves their claim. Here, Paul appeals to apostolic tradition right before the Protestants' often quoted verse 2 Tim. 3:16-17. Thus, there is an appeal to tradition before there is an appeal to the Scriptures, and Protestants generally ignore this fact.

2 Tim. 3:15 - Paul then appeals to the sacred writings of Scripture referring to the Old Testament Scriptures with which Timothy was raised (not the New Testament which was not even compiled at the time of Paul's teaching). This verse also proves that one can come to faith in Jesus Christ without the New Testament.

2 Tim. 3:16 - this verse says that Scripture is "profitable" for every good work, but not exclusive. The word "profitable" is "ophelimos" in Greek. "Ophelimos" only means useful, which underscores that Scripture is not mandatory or exclusive. Protestants unbiblically argue that profitable means exclusive.

2 Tim. 3:16 - further, the verse "all Scripture" uses the words "pasa graphe" which actually means every (not all) Scripture. This means every passage of Scripture is useful. Thus, the erroneous Protestant reading of "pasa graphe" would mean every single passage of Scripture is exclusive. This would mean Christians could not only use "sola Matthew," or "sola Mark," but could rely on one single verse from a Gospel as the exclusive authority of God's word. This, of course, is not true and even Protestants would agree. Also, "pasa graphe" cannot mean "all of Scripture" because there was no New Testament canon to which Paul could have been referring, unless Protestants argue that the New Testament is not being included by Paul.

2 Tim. 3:16 - also, these inspired Old Testament Scriptures Paul is referring to included the deuterocanonical books which the Protestants removed from the Bible 1,500 years later.

2 Tim. 3:17 - Paul's reference to the "man of God" who may be complete refers to a clergyman, not a layman. It is an instruction to a bishop of the Church. So, although Protestants use it to prove their case, the passage is not even relevant to most of the faithful.

2 Tim. 3:17 - further, Paul's use of the word "complete" for every good work is "artios" which simply means the clergy is "suitable" or "fit." Also, artios does not describe the Scriptures, it describes the clergyman. So, Protestants cannot use this verse to argue the Scriptures are complete.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,541
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope Thu Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Oct 29 kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Oct 29 tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE