Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,841 - 402,860 of 533,781 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
eh ox. you bring a different perspective. On one hand you claim to be a Christian (or used too)
Now you appear to be a Jehovah Witness or something else... because you deny that Jesus Christ is God made manifest?
This to me, is the casualty of Sola Scripture.
You and all the other non Catholics feel good when reading our Bible and Praying. Amen!
Somehow, during the feel good moments...y'all went goofy and thought you could change the Holy Scriptures to mean opposite of what the Apostles taught.
Jesus is God Ox.
The Holy Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Show me this Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You pay me a compliment...WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS ...THAT CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD...WILL NOT COMPROMISE THE WORD OF GOD, IN ORDER TO GAIN FAVOR WITH ANY MAN.
I DON'T COURT YOUR COMPLIMENTS....Your friendship is not more important to me than telling you the truth that can save you never dying soul
from eternal hell.
I do not believe that Preston would compromise the word either....I do not believe he is that starved for your compliments.
Neither one of you will acknowledge a serious truth.
That is: You both claim to be uniquely called by GOD to send a message to us, via the Holy Scriptures.
In a nut shell... you both *believe you were called by God to be an authority on Sacred Scripture.

obviously the problem would be... you're poles apart on Christian theology.. So, one of Yous is wrong.
Or both of you are wrong and the Catholic Church is correct.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Show me this Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.
I can show you why we Catholics believe so..based on our Bible AND divine tradition.

But you'll disagree, because (although you accept the CCs opinion that the New Testament is the valid writings of the Apostle) you think they interpreted it wrong. Correct?
The first 1800 yrs of Christianity interpreted it wrong. Now you inherit the truth?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

http://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/c...
i been in cathedral i see that cross..its blueeeeeeeeee
everywhere

but i walk i talk..he must love me and show to me
they are dead body..no i don't see they are alive not at all..he collecting and say its coming more..everything as huge as huge blue place but frozen
for me..no no no i walk i don't fill cold not at all.

they babbling when they pray..no sense..nooooooo
i been very angry on that man today before i come..he babbling..could you expecting that prayers power nooooooooooo..
pray in quiet ..
as well priest need pray as leader as well explain..they are very short they not explain to people..they need explain more..its gospel spread good news.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

they waiting for resurrection..Cross

now you are liar..

How you can say that?
How?

you liked that they are not to be save..could you imagen that..you are jealous then and very bad wishers..what a shame?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show you why we Catholics believe so..based on our Bible AND divine tradition.
But you'll disagree, because (although you accept the CCs opinion that the New Testament is the valid writings of the Apostle) you think they interpreted it wrong. Correct?
The first 1800 yrs of Christianity interpreted it wrong. Now you inherit the truth?
You cannot show me The Holy Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.....because, as I have repeated shown, that never happened.

Question. Your religion teaches that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God?????!!!!! Why do you not believe what your religion teaches???
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot show me The Holy Trinity that expresses your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God.....because, as I have repeated shown, that never happened.
Question. Your religion teaches that Christ is the Incarnate Son of God?????!!!!! Why do you not believe what your religion teaches???
Scripture upon scripture has been provided for you to show you're in error.
You provided some that show you're not in error.
That's the reality of sola scripture.
Apparently. each one of us are to determine what Our lords will was.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

070 065
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question??? Afraid of the truth????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is impossible. The Word of God is infallible...it cannot teach opposites....

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
That was one of the dumbest and most arrogant statements he could have made. Show his caveman mentality. He should keep his stupid mouth shut - he does NOT speak for the world - or for God, for that matter. His arrogance and his blatant disregard for the children sexual victims have shown the world that he cares about nothing except his filthy rich empire.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one of you will acknowledge a serious truth.
That is: You both claim to be uniquely called by GOD to send a message to us, via the Holy Scriptures.
In a nut shell... you both *believe you were called by God to be an authority on Sacred Scripture.
obviously the problem would be... you're poles apart on Christian theology.. So, one of Yous is wrong.
Or both of you are wrong and the Catholic Church is correct.
sorry clay but it is you that are wrong and that by a country mile, the difference between gif and myself are purely personal, not doctrinal.

He and I both believe in being Born Again, beind filled with the Holy Ghost and being Baptised with the Holy Ghost as a seperate distinctly different Spiritual Experience apart from being Saved.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US IS HE SPEAKS IN TONGUES(WHICH IS BIBLICAL), I DO NOT.

while you, with other catholics, on the other hand feel that you get to experience Jesus in a piece of grain
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

John 14

King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll face it.
Diplomatic immunity isn't "from God" and doesn't have that purpose of saving souls, does it?
Thank you.

Nothing wrong with the RCC faith when it's at the local level, where people are accountable to each other.

The problem is at the top - zero accountibility.

Locally, normal Catholics would NEVER praise or support the Vatican's use of immunity in such an evil way.

This doesn't take away anything from them except the title of this board.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

When are Catholics going to stand up and be heard?

That Church-State concept goes against so much in the Bible (render unto Caesar, etc., etc..).

But thanks to Saint Bonito Mussolini, all that was re-interpreted in 1929. Go figure?

Only the immoral can rationalize the morality of it.

Mussolini was an evil man. Everything he bestowed upon the RCC is and was evil.

This evil is evident worldwide today.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog would be better than an organization which has run off the track.

Your new interpretation of the Bible comes from the same geniuses who embraced everything Mussolini had to offer -- and who gave the world the LARGEST CHILD SEX ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

No thanks.

Hate them all you want, but I stand with sexually abuse orphans and deaf children against your evil Vatican.

So too does most of humanity.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, little dumpling...he's so precious. But I can't see his picture, Preston, lol! I saw the last one you posted, that's how I know he's so cute. Take good care of him and give him a kiss from me.
this isn't facebook.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
The RCC History..
Prior to the time of Constantin's "conversion," Christians were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ, but because they would not include pagan deities in their faith as well.
Then, with Constantine's emphasis on making his new-found Christianity palatable to the heathen in the Empire, the "Christianization" of these pagan deities was facilitated.
For example, pagan rituals and idols gradually took on Christian meanings and names and were incorporated into "Christian" worship (e.g., "saints" replaced the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities; mother/son statues were renamed Mary and Jesus; etc.), and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christian holy days (e.g., the Roman Lupercalia and the feast of purification of Isis became the Feast of the Nativity; the Saturnalia celebrations were replaced by Christmas celebrations; an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All Souls Day, rededicated to Christian heroes [now Halloween]; etc.).
A transition had occurred instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan deities, Christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the Emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ! "Christianized" Rome had become the legitimate successor of pagan Rome!
~~~

"Oxbow"

You have posted the truth in a very simple yet graphic way...that even a CHILD could COMPREHEND.

If the Roman Catholics would return to the Old paths and forsake their Constantin's BRAND OF paganism.... God would return to them...

___

Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay,

they were not at all ashamed,

neither could they blush:

therefore they shall fall among them that fall:

at the time that I visit them

they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Jer 6:16 ---> Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.<---

But they said, We will not walk therein.

Jer 6:17 Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet.

--->But they said, We will not hearken. <---

Will you Roman Catholics even consider the truth that has been presented here?....

YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE APOSTLES DOCTRINE

YOU ARE FOLLOWING

CONSTANTIN-ISM.

WHICH IS NOT THE TEACHING OF CHRIST.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't facebook.
It isn't??

Are you sure???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
this isn't face book.
~~~
THIS IS..... FACE THE BOOK!...THE BIBLE !...
FACE IT NOW !,.... OR FACE IT !... IN JUDGMENT !...
YOUR CHOICE...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

mostly
when i pray
i cry
o what i can see
blue river
and yellow light

kada sunce sine
tad ce ovom zemljom
tmina da razidje

kada sunce sine=when new sun come
all of them will be weak up
as one

Are you for sure
Jesus is not risen?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Hebrewsunite 8,200
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 12 hr Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 23 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••