Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,821 - 402,840 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
I am babysitting while she goes to the tanning beds, and he is talking to me. wish you could hear him.
Now be honest...who's drooling you or your grandson?
I'll have to talk to my wife now.....I want one.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

037 897 783
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question Oxbow.
You just didn't see it.
I'm not going to argue with you over it.
I'm really surprised that you are being this way with me.
I'll still be be praying for you.
It is possible I didn't see it....please give me the post number where you did answer my question to:

Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The RCC History..

Prior to the time of Constantine's "conversion," Christians were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ, but because they would not include pagan deities in their faith as well.

Then, with Constantine's emphasis on making his new-found Christianity palatable to the heathen in the Empire, the "Christianization" of these pagan deities was facilitated.

For example, pagan rituals and idols gradually took on Christian meanings and names and were incorporated into "Christian" worship (e.g., "saints" replaced the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities; mother/son statues were renamed Mary and Jesus; etc.), and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christian holy days (e.g., the Roman Lupercalia and the feast of purification of Isis became the Feast of the Nativity; the Saturnalia celebrations were replaced by Christmas celebrations; an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All Souls Day, rededicated to Christian heroes [now Halloween]; etc.).

A transition had occurred instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan deities, Christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the Emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ! "Christianized" Rome had become the legitimate successor of pagan Rome!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
037 897 783
<quoted text>
It is possible I didn't see it....please give me the post number where you did answer my question to:
Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
hey Oxbow, if I take all the verses on the subject in the OT and NT I would say the LORD JESUS is GOD, blessed be HIS NAME.

Why don't you address the Scripture; "The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

We are answering your questions for some reason your trying to separate Jesus from God when our posts say the opposite, who taught you good luck with that. Blessings
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now be honest...who's drooling you or your grandson?
I'll have to talk to my wife now.....I want one.
LOL don't we all:)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism did it also.
Your religion chose not to include all of what Jesus taught, yet claim to have his teachings fully.
Fail #1
<quoted text>
Correct.
Truth also includes facts.
Catholicism (Christianity as well) has not used all of what Jesus taught, therefore, is not absolute.
Thus, what you are about to state below, shows it is a lie and you are supporting it.
<quoted tex
So does Catholicism/Christianity.
Shoot, your fellow followers of this religion, also like to pick and choose passages that they think are valid, all the while disregarding what they don't like (i.e. many 'laws' in Leviticus)
<quoted text>
...to further put the blinders on its followers and continue to keep them in the dark.
Move out of the darkness and into the Light Robert. It is waiting for you.
<quoted text>
We all die. You argument is null.
Fail #2
Although, if one is to take the enlightenment of knowing good from evil, one should be able to stay on a good path and thwart the evil as it arises in their life.
Self.
<quoted text>
Of course it does, this is nothing new.
People always learn from others - everyday of life.
IMO - if you are learning, you are paying attention.
Self.
<quoted text>
It is without "God", because we believe your "God" is a demiurge
of the true Creator.
Enlightenment of the Divine comes when one opens his heart and mind to the essence of the Spirit.
I'm sorry you can't see this.
<quoted text>
Catholicism is just like other religions that place "God" at the pinnacle of their worship.
You aren't that special, Robert. And once you can succumb to this fact, you will understand Jesus much more and how his teachigns can develop everyone to "be like gods".
I'm sorry you don't believe in Jesus.
Robert, no matter what he believes, is a good and very loving person. I think that's far more important than having every little detail of what happened 2,000 years ago exactly right.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Looks like I'm just going to have to post this again:
:)
Why?
It was boring enough the first time.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
All I can say is I'm glad you pentecostals have him now....
Truthfully there are two camps Anthony and you know that!

We want you and benny on our side choose now who you shall serve.

Blessings

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

You've got a lot more to figure out LTM. Keep away from the bible, you're dangerous.
^^^^^^spoken by an absolute IDIOT.

By your trying to tell anyone to 'stay away from the Bible' God gave us, you prove how Christian you are NOT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Oxbow, if I take all the verses on the subject in the OT and NT I would say the LORD JESUS is GOD, blessed be HIS NAME.
Why don't you address the Scripture; "The LORD our God, the LORD is one."
We are answering your questions for some reason your trying to separate Jesus from God when our posts say the opposite, who taught you good luck with that. Blessings
I don't find that verse....where are you reading this??
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm telling you to recognize that you are unlearned and unstable and are wrest the scriptures to your destruction.
Again whose side are you on?

This whole discussion has turned into those who trust Jesus alone for their justification,

And those that Accuse(devil).

Your choice Anthony, truth in love, GOD wants you on His side and so do we.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You pay me a compliment...WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS ...THAT CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD...WILL NOT COMPROMISE THE WORD OF GOD, IN ORDER TO GAIN FAVOR WITH ANY MAN.
I DON'T COURT YOUR COMPLIMENTS....Your friendship is not more important to me than telling you the truth that can save you never dying soul
from eternal hell.
I do not believe that Preston would compromise the word either....I do not believe he is that starved for your compliments.
Yep

xoxox
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You pay me a compliment...WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS ...THAT CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD...WILL NOT COMPROMISE THE WORD OF GOD,
And you call your judgmental "snake oil" condemning preaching against the faith of other Christians, a"compliment"??....S atan must be "rejoicing" in the way you spread your lies and slander in attacking Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church knowing... that he has one of Jesus's "so called ministers" under his "spell and control"!..... The only preaching that you (are not) compromising on, is the "divisive" attacks against the personal faith and Salvation" of the TRUE Followers of Jesus Christ, who are on this forum, especially Catholics!!! Please wish your wife Kay Marie a speedy recover! She is the only true Christian in your family!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this:'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Deuteronomy 4:35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

"Why the Catholic Church is the Only True Christian Church"!

It is becoming less and less popular these days to consider the term 'Christian' to mean Catholics, or even the numerous Protestant denominations. When someone says that he or she is 'Christian,' they are generally referring to Fundamentalism. Fundamentalism, however, is based primarily on the teachings of Paul, rather than Jesus; and those who adhere to it merely "pick and choose" specific lines and passages which will uphold their erroneous beliefs, leaving out or misinterpreting anything which is not convenient to their stand.

Fundamentalists routinely dismiss the Catholic Church in such contemptuous terms as "the whore of Babylon," and attempt to grant it unsavory status by likening it to an equally-contemptuous term, "Judaizers." To briefly note the correlations between the two, Fundamentalists have great negativity toward such aspects as Priests, Altars, Holy Water, Dietary Regulations, the bread/wafers, and keeping the Ten Commandments. In other words, the Catholic Church following the same precepts as the Jewish religion which Jesus lived, is something which Fundamentalists point at as "wrong." Teaching that Jesus, and belief in Jesus, represents the irrelevance of the Old Testament, Fundamentalists dismiss one of the most important precepts which Catholics adhere to:
Matthew 5:17-19 says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

The subject of what constitutes "salvation" is one of the most significant dividers. As Fundamentalists fully believe that once one has "accepted Christ as one's personal savior" that one individual act constitutes being "saved," they are dismissing everything that is clearly written in black and white, clearly stating that that is not so. With that belief, Fundamentalists take extreme exception to much of what the Catholic Church is based upon-- they do not believe in the sacraments, even the Eucharist and confession are scorned. Nothing past the act of being "saved" is considered relevant.

As is written in Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." This is only one passage which is given to mean that one's actions are indeed relevant. What is the will of God? One can begin that answer with the Commandments. One can continue answering by recalling the words of Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In those words alone one cannot deny the importance of how one lives one's life. Those who have given themselves to the Catholic Church, either as its leaders or followers, know this. And one need look no further than the eighth Beatitude to understand. The question you can ask yourself is are you a Fundamentalist, or are you a true Christian?

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Praise the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed
with splendor and majesty.... O LORD my God, how great you are!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marge wrote:
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
Mark 12:29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this:'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Deuteronomy 4:35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.
Deut 6:4 teaches one God.....not that God is Christ, not that Christ is God..

Here is a brief summary of religion, containing the first principles of faith and obedience. Jehovah our God is the only living and true God; he only is God, and he is but One God. Let us not desire to have any other.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^^spoken by an absolute IDIOT.
By your trying to tell anyone to 'stay away from the Bible' God gave us, you prove how Christian you are NOT.
I guarantee you, no Catholic would tell anyone to stay away from the Bible. Seriously dude...get a life.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

i remember i walk its blue everywhere
soul and body many ..i see man with long hair and bear
i walk he collecting body and soul..yes
no i don't be scare i remember..who lift me there..
i been today in catholic church near royal hospital..my cathedral in nice..its Cross..its have 3x stage..i did not be around table..no up on top where is blue i walk i see i remember..who lift me there see..i sit usual on stage 4 where mother Mary wait Jesus..now you are wrong mother Mary is redemption..its true..now who bring me there..i will sleep on floor front of Cross of my mother..

pray for soul..they are there with body..lots of body
dead body..i did not see no-one alive except him man with long hair and bear..i think is Sime ..its you Jesus did you..then who have to be there..how i can explain.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

I been in Cathedral today..i pray i can't pray proply they babbling for themself one big man ruin my prayers..i don't liked that..other people need pray too..Jesus know for all of us.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Deut 6:4 teaches one God.....not that God is Christ, not that Christ is God..
Here is a brief summary of religion, containing the first principles of faith and obedience. Jehovah our God is the only living and true God; he only is God, and he is but One God. Let us not desire to have any other.
eh ox. you bring a different perspective. On one hand you claim to be a Christian (or used too)
Now you appear to be a Jehovah Witness or something else... because you deny that Jesus Christ is God made manifest?
This to me, is the casualty of Sola Scripture.
You and all the other non Catholics feel good when reading our Bible and Praying. Amen!

Somehow, during the feel good moments...y'all went goofy and thought you could change the Holy Scriptures to mean opposite of what the Apostles taught.
Jesus is God Ox.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••