Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,471
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#418028 Jan 24, 2013
sometimes, it just takes a little picture of a babe for all of us to realize that when all is said and done,

a little babe came into this world to bless ALL of us.

and His name is Jesus.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418029 Jan 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You support this?
I'm wondering if you read this link that was within the article....
"In light of the cold, documentary >>>>>proof <<<<< that has emerged of retired L.A. Cardinal Roger Mahony conspiring to hide pedophiles from the cops,"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/us/mahony-s... ;
FACT: I left the RCC because I found that it has lied to me and others, and doesn't teach all of Jesus' teachings, yet claim to.
Please don't suppose any other reason, okay? Because they are untrue.
Yes, I read it all. Yes, I know all about Mahoney. Never was a fan. Too much of a liberal.

Yes, I know you left before the abuse scandal, so don't use it as an excuse to bash the Church, it's very 'unenlightened'.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#418030 Jan 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
diddo. I've met very noble Ministers who love Christ and will get their reward someday.
I can't consider the ones who stand at the pulpit knowingly spreading slander about us, to be in that group...
I don't picture Preston doing that. But I picture Confrint doing it!
~~~

You pay me a compliment...WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS ...THAT CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD...WILL NOT COMPROMISE THE WORD OF GOD, IN ORDER TO GAIN FAVOR WITH ANY MAN.

I DON'T COURT YOUR COMPLIMENTS....Your friendship is not more important to me than telling you the truth that can save you never dying soul
from eternal hell.

I do not believe that Preston would compromise the word either....I do not believe he is that starved for your compliments.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418031 Jan 24, 2013
Like I said Anthony - your heirarchy is more concerned with their ownselves, and not with the victims.
You support this by partaking in the RCC and all its "glory".
You can stop spinning now.
"But the cardinal now finds himself in a most unwelcome spotlight, one that he sought for years to avoid. Internal church personnel files released this week as part of a civil court case reveal that he and his top adviser knowingly shielded priests accused of child sexual abuse from law enforcement. In one letter, the cardinal ordered a clergyman to stay in New Mexico, where he had been sent for treatment, to avoid the possibility of being reported to the police in California."
No, Cardinal Mahoney is more interested in his reputation than caring for the souls that were in his charge.

You cannot grasp the Church and her purpose. You are not as enlightened as you think you are.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418032 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you would like that wouldn't you.
The Bible is the word of the Lord and God wants me to read it.
Jesus said to search the scriptures because they speak of Him.
Funny you are telling me the opposite of something Jesus told me to do.
HMMM
No, I'm telling you to recognize that you are unlearned and unstable and are wrest the scriptures to your destruction.

#418033 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And what I said to LTM goes for you too. Any chump who buys into the fraud Benny Hinn shouldn't be allowed to teach Sunday school to 5 year olds.
~~~
Your jealousy must surely burn toward Rev Hinn..

I haven't seen ...Rev Hinn in this forum... making derogation's about you, putting you down and defaming your character...

Defamation of character...is evidently a prime ungodly attribute...of Roman Catholicism ...All of you on the forum practice it...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418035 Jan 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your jealousy must surely burn toward Rev Hinn..
I haven't seen ...Rev Hinn in this forum... making derogation's about you, putting you down and defaming your character...
Defamation of character...is evidently a prime ungodly attribute...of Roman Catholicism ...All of you on the forum practice it...
Lol.

All I can say is I'm glad you pentecostals have him now....

#418036 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm telling you to recognize that you are unlearned and unstable and are wrest the scriptures to your destruction.
There you go again...attempting to use, THE BIBLE... that which you have no faith in..

in an attempt to defend your conjecture..

If you don't believe it...why do you quote it?

You move back and forth between your fables/conjecture and God's word...at your pleasure attempting to mix fables and fiction with fact....

Like oil and water when mixed together....form an emulsion...they soon separate.

God deals in truth.

Jesus said

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#418037 Jan 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You will not answer my question because you can see where this will take you...to the truth. I find it idiotic that you asked me to discuss a particular verse in Scripture, when I responded, you refused to discuss it with me, and, at the same time, ask me to discuss other verses!!!!
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
This verse is the first parallel verse listed for the verse, that you presented to show that God is Christ and Christ is God. It is plain as day that it is not teaching that Christ is God nor that God is Christ, which says the verse you quoted does not teach that God is Christ and Christ is God.
When you can honestly and openly discuss this matter, get back to me...until then, I have no desire to go around this rose bush one more time with you.
Hope you feel better...take care...
I did answer your question Oxbow.

You just didn't see it.

I'm not going to argue with you over it.

I'm really surprised that you are being this way with me.

I'll still be be praying for you.

#418038 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
All I can say is I'm glad you Pentecostals have him now....
~~~

If that is all that you are able to say.... Is all you are going to say...

Keep your word, and be honest just this once... and say no more.

Just leave him alone...

You are not paying his salary....

He is not working for you....nor is he working for the pope...

He is not your servant.

Rom_14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#418039 Jan 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it sounds like what we call pickle lilly,it's the same as what you described,and you can mix any type vegy you like in it,it comes either sweet or sour tasting.never been to tenn. should of,i was out there,was in indy, then went down through parts of kentucky was very dissapointed when we went through louisville,reminded me to much like n.y. city and boston,very run down and filthy,at least the parts of it i saw.
I live in the mountains down here Jethro,it's beautiful.

Kentucky is a beautiful state also,especially in the mountains.

I think the Lexington area and the horse farms are gorgeous.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#418040 Jan 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
I am babysitting while she goes to the tanning beds, and he is talking to me. wish you could hear him.
Now be honest...who's drooling you or your grandson?
I'll have to talk to my wife now.....I want one.

Location hidden

#418042 Jan 24, 2013
037 897 783
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question Oxbow.
You just didn't see it.
I'm not going to argue with you over it.
I'm really surprised that you are being this way with me.
I'll still be be praying for you.
It is possible I didn't see it....please give me the post number where you did answer my question to:

Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Location hidden

#418043 Jan 24, 2013
The RCC History..

Prior to the time of Constantine's "conversion," Christians were persecuted not so much for their profession of faith in Christ, but because they would not include pagan deities in their faith as well.

Then, with Constantine's emphasis on making his new-found Christianity palatable to the heathen in the Empire, the "Christianization" of these pagan deities was facilitated.

For example, pagan rituals and idols gradually took on Christian meanings and names and were incorporated into "Christian" worship (e.g., "saints" replaced the cult of pagan gods in both worship and as patrons of cities; mother/son statues were renamed Mary and Jesus; etc.), and pagan holidays were reclassified as Christian holy days (e.g., the Roman Lupercalia and the feast of purification of Isis became the Feast of the Nativity; the Saturnalia celebrations were replaced by Christmas celebrations; an ancient festival of the dead was replaced by All Souls Day, rededicated to Christian heroes [now Halloween]; etc.).

A transition had occurred instead of being persecuted for failure to worship pagan deities, Christians who did not agree with the particular orthodoxy backed by the Emperor were now persecuted in the name of Christ! "Christianized" Rome had become the legitimate successor of pagan Rome!
marge

Ames, IA

#418044 Jan 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
037 897 783
<quoted text>
It is possible I didn't see it....please give me the post number where you did answer my question to:
Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?
hey Oxbow, if I take all the verses on the subject in the OT and NT I would say the LORD JESUS is GOD, blessed be HIS NAME.

Why don't you address the Scripture; "The LORD our God, the LORD is one."

We are answering your questions for some reason your trying to separate Jesus from God when our posts say the opposite, who taught you good luck with that. Blessings
marge

Ames, IA

#418045 Jan 24, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now be honest...who's drooling you or your grandson?
I'll have to talk to my wife now.....I want one.
LOL don't we all:)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#418046 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Catholicism did it also.
Your religion chose not to include all of what Jesus taught, yet claim to have his teachings fully.
Fail #1
<quoted text>
Correct.
Truth also includes facts.
Catholicism (Christianity as well) has not used all of what Jesus taught, therefore, is not absolute.
Thus, what you are about to state below, shows it is a lie and you are supporting it.
<quoted tex
So does Catholicism/Christianity.
Shoot, your fellow followers of this religion, also like to pick and choose passages that they think are valid, all the while disregarding what they don't like (i.e. many 'laws' in Leviticus)
<quoted text>
...to further put the blinders on its followers and continue to keep them in the dark.
Move out of the darkness and into the Light Robert. It is waiting for you.
<quoted text>
We all die. You argument is null.
Fail #2
Although, if one is to take the enlightenment of knowing good from evil, one should be able to stay on a good path and thwart the evil as it arises in their life.
Self.
<quoted text>
Of course it does, this is nothing new.
People always learn from others - everyday of life.
IMO - if you are learning, you are paying attention.
Self.
<quoted text>
It is without "God", because we believe your "God" is a demiurge
of the true Creator.
Enlightenment of the Divine comes when one opens his heart and mind to the essence of the Spirit.
I'm sorry you can't see this.
<quoted text>
Catholicism is just like other religions that place "God" at the pinnacle of their worship.
You aren't that special, Robert. And once you can succumb to this fact, you will understand Jesus much more and how his teachigns can develop everyone to "be like gods".
I'm sorry you don't believe in Jesus.
Robert, no matter what he believes, is a good and very loving person. I think that's far more important than having every little detail of what happened 2,000 years ago exactly right.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#418047 Jan 24, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Looks like I'm just going to have to post this again:
:)
Why?
It was boring enough the first time.
marge

Ames, IA

#418048 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
All I can say is I'm glad you pentecostals have him now....
Truthfully there are two camps Anthony and you know that!

We want you and benny on our side choose now who you shall serve.

Blessings

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#418049 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

You've got a lot more to figure out LTM. Keep away from the bible, you're dangerous.
^^^^^^spoken by an absolute IDIOT.

By your trying to tell anyone to 'stay away from the Bible' God gave us, you prove how Christian you are NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,512
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 8 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE