Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,761 - 402,780 of 532,706 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know that LTM isn't that bright and she believes you're sincere in your support of her...so it's cruel to use her that way just to stir the pot. She's an inveterate liar (not a very Christian attribute) and I have little respect for her, but even *I* don't want to see her being used that way.
Thanks for reading my posts!
love how you catholics speak so ill of people and you expect to get into heaven,that would make all this a bigger joke.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

We have Protestant/Deist USA to thank for this!:

Shock: Estimated 54,559,615 Abortions Since Roe v. Wade
by John Jalsevac
Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:21 EST

A new analysis from the National Right to Life Committee’s (NCLC) education department estimates that since the infamous Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision in 1973, over 54.5 million American babies have died through abortion.

Dave Andrusko, the editor of National Right to Life News, said that the number is “so huge that we can’t really come to grips with it.”

“But what it means is that there are over 3,300 abortions every day—137 per hour–or about one dead baby every thirty seconds.”

This week pro-life advocates are mourning the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, with tens of thousands having marched past the national Capitol today in the national March for Life. NRLC’s estimate was released to coincide with the grim anniversary.

The pro-life organization based its estimate upon data both from the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI), a research institute founded by Planned Parenthood.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/shock-estima...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to comprehend is that Jesus Christ (clearly and explicitly initiated His One True (Universal-Catholic)Church in Matthew 16, however (understand) that it is not the "only Church"---but it still has, is and will always be Our Lords One TRUE Church.......There are many divisions (over 42,000) other Christian Churches and denominations in which the saving power of Jesus Christ remains at work for the Salvation of Souls. However Luther began the "Protestant Process" of rejecting what Jesus HIMSELF, and the Apostles originally taught and proclaimed which is the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the Truth that is manifested "only" in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Of course there (still) remains Salvation outside of the Catholic Church as we are all ecumentical Brothers and Sisters --united in Jesus Christ.
that poor book of mathew gets beaten to death by you,no matter how many times you read it,all it says "upon this rock i will build my church",nowhere do you see a passage that says my catholic church,which according to dan is a city not a church, so it is not the true church of anyones.give it up hojo,you have no proof.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superiority -- BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. It has been used many times in the past 10 years.
The question is:
Is this power "from God" being used for high moral purposes and to save souls?
Dan, this is the question you can't face. Humanity has heard all of the spin -- "we thought we were doing the right thing" etc...
I'll face it.

Diplomatic immunity isn't "from God" and doesn't have that purpose of saving souls, does it?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Seventh-day Adventist University names new economics centre after abortionist

by Meaghen Hale

Riverside, California, January 16, 2013 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– The Seventh-day Adventist website ADvindicate has recently drawn attention to the fact that La Sierra University has named a new economics centre after abortionist and gambling magnate Edward C. Allred, who in 1980 claimed to have personally aborted a quarter of a million babies in twelve years.

In 2010, La Sierra, a Seventh-day Adventist University in Riverside, California, established the Edward C. Allred Center to promote free market economics among high school students. The centre’s abortionist namesake founded the Family Planning Associates Medical Group in 1969, a chain of abortion clinics that reportedly makes $70 million in revenue and $5 million in profit annually.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/seventh-day-...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be where we disagree. You would rather continue in acting on a known incorrect,(hoping to accumulate enough negatives, that eventually a positive will be found).
(I think it goes to the foundation of Gnosticism in that it unites self with all things.)
I guess this is where your "assumption" that anything other than Catholicism is "incorrect".

You do realize - you are acting on a "known incorrect", right?

Unless you can prove that Catholicism is correct?

Which hasn't been done yet, but has been proven that it is not.

Now who is living a lie.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Two wrongs don't make a right....Continuing in sin, one does not eventually come to the end, and make a conclusion that there is a righteous act.
When are you going to turnaround?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead one may be given, or make the assumption that one is doing a righteous act, that may be proven righteous or sinful.
Exactly the issue with Catholicism....

It has been proven to be self-righteous (byt he folks who decided upon it) and it is sinful, because it goes against what Jesus stated as the path to salvation, as well as, doesn't include all of his teachings.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
This leaves room for the mind to become enlightened, rather than declaring the mind is enlightened, when in fact it is operating on an incorrect known(That is darkness.).
Yep - step away from organized religion, and you will find this enlightenment.

It is ASTONISHING!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so he is head of a state and not a church? can't have it both ways,so how can the church be the true church if it's a state?
He has it both ways.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>love how you catholics speak so ill of people and you expect to get into heaven,that would make all this a bigger joke.
Listen up, Jethro....no one said speaking ill of people would get them into heaven, so why are you spreading that lie?

See how that goes?

Telling someone they're lying or defending someone who is ignorant against being used isn't speaking ill of them. However, those who tell the lies had best reconsider their position. As the protestants here are so fond of saying, "It's for their own good."

Now mind your business and look after your own sins.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>judas started on the Right Road too.
...and according to Jesus - he completed that path and became "higher" than the others.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Why do you think Jesus selected Judas, if not for the sole purpose to "hand him over".

Are you scared it changes yuor beliefs?

You should, because it does.

It also shows how Jesus loved his choice through and through.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>love how you catholics speak so ill of people and you expect to get into heaven,that would make all this a bigger joke.
Catholics brag about all the charity work they do for non catholics, yet once they post on here they body slam, insult, and name call, anyone not catholic. Sound familiar REGINA M, DUST STORM, ANTHONY, HOJO, CLAY??

Sitting in the front pew at church every sunday with a big smirk, doesn't mean squat if the other 6 days of the week, they show hateful conduct towards others.

If there really is a God and he keeps score of who is nice and who is not, catholics are going to be in for a big surprise come judgment day.

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

The Audacity of Pope

I used to believe that the Protestants had a more humble, God-honoring approach, and that the Catholics had an indefensibly high view of the human element within the Church. Things like the succession of the apostolate, the authority of the Church, the so-called “infallibility” of the pope – all of this stuff seemed to me to form a borderline blasphemous package that vaunted and exalted mere human beings at the expense of Christ and His work.

Yet in time, although I saw my previous perspective as eminently understandable, it became clear that it had been an understandable misunderstanding; a misunderstanding that had the peculiar effect of causing me to see things upside down. What I came to recognize, in other words, was that the Catholic position was in actuality the much more humble of the two. Indeed, it was downright self-effacing. For the Catholic position, paradoxically, was that it is precisely because mere men can claim no genuine spiritual authority that the successors of the apostles could claim it; and, in particular, it is precisely because no man can possibly be infallible that the bishop of Rome had to be.
http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2012/08/the-...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Seventh-day Adventist University names new economics centre after abortionist
by Meaghen Hale
Riverside, California, January 16, 2013 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– The Seventh-day Adventist website ADvindicate has recently drawn attention to the fact that La Sierra University has named a new economics centre after abortionist and gambling magnate Edward C. Allred, who in 1980 claimed to have personally aborted a quarter of a million babies in twelve years.
In 2010, La Sierra, a Seventh-day Adventist University in Riverside, California, established the Edward C. Allred Center to promote free market economics among high school students. The centre’s abortionist namesake founded the Family Planning Associates Medical Group in 1969, a chain of abortion clinics that reportedly makes $70 million in revenue and $5 million in profit annually.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/seventh-day-...
Did you know there is a group called "CATHOLICS FOR FREE CHOICE"

Did you know that catholic women in america have more abortions than protestant women?

Now you know.....B-E-L-O-W!!

..........According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which tracks reproductive health data, non-Hispanic Catholic women of childbearing age are 29% more likely than their Protestant counterparts to have abortions (full study*). The rate is even higher--33%--if Hispanics are factored in. Another way of looking at it: while Protestant women make up about 54% of the population, they account for only 37% of the abortions. Catholic women make up 31% of the population and account for 31% of the abortions.

......Given the Catholic Church's longstanding position against abortion, one would think the abortion rate would be far lower than the population as a whole -- and yet, if anything, it seems to be higher.

......This paradox puzzles Catholic leaders on both sides of the issue--like Helen Alvare, the former chief pro-life strategist and spokeswoman for the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for Free Choice.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marge wrote:
Oxbow, we are made through Jesus that makes Him the Creator! Blessings all.
No.
We were made through human companionship.

Jesus didn't create anything, except a following.

Even that is not created, because that would a choice by a person to follow or not.

You are confused on what Jesus taught.

You do believe Jesus teachings are truth, right?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Demanding people make your own argument for you?
Playing the scandal card?
Name calling?
Looks like Anthony hit a nerve on your"Self".
Not really - he chose to divert proving my report, because he doesn't have any refutation against it.....except to push it back at me.

Sounds like Catholicism.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
That Church-State concept seems to go against so much in the Bible (render unto Caesar, etc., etc..).
But thanks to Saint Bonito Mussolini, all that was re-interpreted in 1929. Go figure?
It seems if someone is emotionally invested, they can somehow rationalize the morality of it. Especially if they possess spiritually superior teachings on morality.
Amazing, power bestowed by Mussolini. Maybe there is something to that "whore" thing.
Christ's Kingdom is not of this World therefore the RCC is not Christ's Kingdom either.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess this is where your "assumption" that anything other than Catholicism is "incorrect".
You do realize - you are acting on a "known incorrect", right?
Unless you can prove that Catholicism is correct?
Which hasn't been done yet, but has been proven that it is not.
Now who is living a lie.
<quoted text>
When are you going to turnaround?
<quoted text>
Exactly the issue with Catholicism....
It has been proven to be self-righteous (byt he folks who decided upon it) and it is sinful, because it goes against what Jesus stated as the path to salvation, as well as, doesn't include all of his teachings.
<quoted text>
Yep - step away from organized religion, and you will find this enlightenment.
It is ASTONISHING!!
NASL

Good point!

By definition:

Gnosticism is in the world and of the world.
Catholicism is in the world but not of the world.

The first merely adapts to whatever is the course of the world.(light and dark)
The latter reacts to(although sometimes slowly) the course of the world.(light over dark)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up, Jethro....no one said speaking ill of people would get them into heaven, so why are you spreading that lie?
See how that goes?
Telling someone they're lying or defending someone who is ignorant against being used isn't speaking ill of them. However, those who tell the lies had best reconsider their position. As the protestants here are so fond of saying, "It's for their own good."
Now mind your business and look after your own sins.
OMG!

We have to put up with your hateful comments to others until christmas 2013, when miraculously for about 2 days you actually speak nice about everyone, but come December 27th you slide back into hate mode.

....I can't wait until judgement day, when God decides who has been good to others.

.... Sorry your name is not on his list.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RCC Superiority -- BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Question of the day:
Why are there more people today interested in "dog rescue" than child rescue?
Dogs don't talk back?!

Dogs can't reveal the truth?!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that. Unfortunately you're one of the few you'd state it.
Catholics aren't 'saved' according to common Evangelical thought. Therefore we're destined for hell.
If you think otherwise, why even respond to posts like hers?

Unless, there is some truth to it?!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And that is true of the Apostles in the first century,
Don't you mean.....

"That is true for less than six of the original 13 Apostles."

Please be accurate in your statements.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 min Gee-Tee 8,137
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••