Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603029 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#418011 Jan 24, 2013
Catholics claim Christ established the Catholic religion in Mt 16:18...

Question....Why did it take over 100 years for them to realize this!!!!?????

The term "Catholic" was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418012 Jan 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
I am babysitting while she goes to the tanning beds, and he is talking to me. wish you could hear him.
Aw, little dumpling...he's so precious. But I can't see his picture, Preston, lol! I saw the last one you posted, that's how I know he's so cute. Take good care of him and give him a kiss from me.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#418013 Jan 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with your analogy.
I think you've added bias to your claim.
Prove to the forum that Catholicism is "not of the world".
Prove that it reacts to the course of the world (light over dark).
Don't spin too fast, you'll get dizzy.
NASL

A truth here plus a truth there does....does not not equal Truth.

Truth is not added to nor subtracted from. It is absolute.

Gnosticism adds here a little and there a little.
Catholicism shines through a darker and darker world.

Enlightenment from the tree of knowledge of good and evil leads to death.
Enlightenment from the tree of life gives life.

Gnosticism is without God, since its god is knowledge of good and evil....
Catholicism is with God, since its God is Life.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418014 Jan 24, 2013
Oh, there he is!! I see him now, Preston!

Aw, man, what a doll! He's adorable in that Santa hat! Are those little blue jeans he's got on? What a face! He's too cute!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#418015 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Some did, some didn't. "Scooting over to Rome" is the exception, not the rule. The priests who've spent time in prison and were laicized would tell you that they didn't get any special treatment. On another note, it's rather telling that most of you rabid Catholic Church haters left the Church long before you were aware of any abuse scandal.
Here's an article I find refreshing and feel quite comfortable supporting. You may be surprised NASaL:
http://badcatholics.com/site/content/id-visit...
You support this?

I'm wondering if you read this link that was within the article....
"In light of the cold, documentary >>>>>proof <<<<< that has emerged of retired L.A. Cardinal Roger Mahony conspiring to hide pedophiles from the cops,"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/us/mahony-s... ;

FACT: I left the RCC because I found that it has lied to me and others, and doesn't teach all of Jesus' teachings, yet claim to.

Please don't suppose any other reason, okay? Because they are untrue.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418016 Jan 24, 2013
Opening Mass - National Prayer Vigil for Life
January 24-25, 2013

from The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.

Principal Celebrant and Homilist: Sean Cardinal O'Malley

Live on EWTN right now!

Albuquerque, NM

#418017 Jan 24, 2013
Like I said Anthony - your heirarchy is more concerned with their ownselves, and not with the victims.

You support this by partaking in the RCC and all its "glory".

You can stop spinning now.

"But the cardinal now finds himself in a most unwelcome spotlight, one that he sought for years to avoid. Internal church personnel files released this week as part of a civil court case reveal that he and his top adviser knowingly shielded priests accused of child sexual abuse from law enforcement. In one letter, the cardinal ordered a clergyman to stay in New Mexico, where he had been sent for treatment, to avoid the possibility of being reported to the police in California."

Albuquerque, NM

#418018 Jan 24, 2013
Just to keep all you Catholics honest....
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/02/us/los-ange...

Albuquerque, NM

#418020 Jan 24, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
from the homosexual sluts out there.
Yep - there it is - that Catholic love.

Welcome back CG.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418021 Jan 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God can sort through our human logic and mis information also,the Holy Spirit is able to penetrate all error.I know of a ONE-NESS church that was a very strong bastion for the false teaching that comes from that type of Pentecostalism(Jesus Only)(NO Godhead or Trinity)(You cannot be saved unless you speak in tongues). It was located in my city.A minister died and he was replaced with another.The new minister was very exhuberant and loved his congregation,but he felt that although his theology was fundamentally unchallengeable, he wondered about other Christians he had met in his city who loved Christ but never spoke in tongues.
He purposed to find out what was truly the Scriptural truth on salvation and so on,he fasted prayed and spent time alone with the Lord,even to the point of letting another preacher take the pulpit for a time,which was okayed by the church board.He of course did not tell his congregation why,but said he needed to pray.
AFTER two years of doing that returning of course to the pulpit,he started bringing Scriptures to his congregation and just presenting them to them,he prayed ,but he did not try to expound on those Scriptures,but he would ask the people to take those home and pray over them.The main teachers of bible classes all were secretly arguing over the passages,and some would come to him and ask him why he wanted them to study them in depth?Finally after another year,the whole congregation was confronted with either remaining with that false one-ness teaching or going to the evangelical orthodox teaching of most evangelical churches even those that were not necessarily pentecostal.
The whole congregation stayed with the pastor who decided to forsake one-ness theology and go to the TRUTH of Evangelical teaching found in non-oneness churches.They are now part of the Evangelical Fellowship of Churches,we are talking about a church that had over 2,000 members.The One-ness churches in our city were astounded,but there is much more communication with them these days,and unique things are happening.
But God is not troubled by our theology,He is troubled by our forsaking of the LOVE He gives to us when we come to Him and become born-again through faith in Him.Although our theology does need to be confronted,and eventually the Holy Spirit challenges it,like many choices,we need to even give our theology to Him.
I agree Pad with your post very well put.
Churchs and people have to make sure they make it all about Jesus not a denomination or a person.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#418022 Jan 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to the person that graded this baby picture as off topic, let me clue you in on something.
I WILL POST WHAT I WANT TO POST WHEN I WANT TO POST AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO FIND ANOTHER FORUM.
I HAVE BEEN ON HERE LONG ENOUGH THAT I HAVE SQUATTERS RIGHTS.
He is adorable Preston. He has grown already.
Looks like a very healthy baby.
Only prayers and good wish to you and your family Grandpa.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418023 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"OXYMORAN"?
You've got a lot more to figure out LTM. Keep away from the bible, you're dangerous.
Anthony, you would like that wouldn't you.
The Bible is the word of the Lord and God wants me to read it.
Jesus said to search the scriptures because they speak of Him.
Funny you are telling me the opposite of something Jesus told me to do.
HMMM
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#418024 Jan 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>to the person that graded this baby picture as off topic, let me clue you in on something.
I WILL POST WHAT I WANT TO POST WHEN I WANT TO POST AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO FIND ANOTHER FORUM.
I HAVE BEEN ON HERE LONG ENOUGH THAT I HAVE SQUATTERS RIGHTS.
LOL He is so cute Preston, He looks like he has put some weight on.
Babies grow so fast.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#418025 Jan 24, 2013
Did the Apostles Abandon The Sabbath
And Keep Sunday Instead
To Honor The Resurrection?

http://biblelight.net/firstday.htm
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#418026 Jan 24, 2013
Looks like I'm just going to have to post this again:

Opening Mass - National Prayer Vigil for Life
January 24-25, 2013

from The Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, D.C.

Principal Celebrant and Homilist: Sean Cardinal O'Malley

Live on EWTN right now!

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#418027 Jan 24, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
A truth here plus a truth there does....does not not equal Truth.
Catholicism did it also.

Your religion chose not to include all of what Jesus taught, yet claim to have his teachings fully.

Fail #1
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Truth is not added to nor subtracted from. It is absolute.
Correct.

Truth also includes facts.

Catholicism (Christianity as well) has not used all of what Jesus taught, therefore, is not absolute.

Thus, what you are about to state below, shows it is a lie and you are supporting it.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Gnosticism adds here a little and there a little.
So does Catholicism/Christianity.

Shoot, your fellow followers of this religion, also like to pick and choose passages that they think are valid, all the while disregarding what they don't like (i.e. many 'laws' in Leviticus)
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicism shines through a darker and darker world.
...to further put the blinders on its followers and continue to keep them in the dark.

Move out of the darkness and into the Light Robert. It is waiting for you.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Enlightenment from the tree of knowledge of good and evil leads to death.
We all die. You argument is null.

Fail #2

Although, if one is to take the enlightenment of knowing good from evil, one should be able to stay on a good path and thwart the evil as it arises in their life.

Self.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Enlightenment from the tree of life gives life.
Of course it does, this is nothing new.

People always learn from others - everyday of life.

IMO - if you are learning, you are paying attention.

Self.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Gnosticism is without God, since its god is knowledge of good and evil....
It is without "God", because we believe your "God" is a demiurge
of the true Creator.

Enlightenment of the Divine comes when one opens his heart and mind to the essence of the Spirit.

I'm sorry you can't see this.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Catholicism is with God, since its God is Life.
Catholicism is just like other religions that place "God" at the pinnacle of their worship.

You aren't that special, Robert. And once you can succumb to this fact, you will understand Jesus much more and how his teachigns can develop everyone to "be like gods".

I'm sorry you don't believe in Jesus.

Location hidden

#418028 Jan 24, 2013
sometimes, it just takes a little picture of a babe for all of us to realize that when all is said and done,

a little babe came into this world to bless ALL of us.

and His name is Jesus.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418029 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You support this?
I'm wondering if you read this link that was within the article....
"In light of the cold, documentary >>>>>proof <<<<< that has emerged of retired L.A. Cardinal Roger Mahony conspiring to hide pedophiles from the cops,"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/us/mahony-s... ;
FACT: I left the RCC because I found that it has lied to me and others, and doesn't teach all of Jesus' teachings, yet claim to.
Please don't suppose any other reason, okay? Because they are untrue.
Yes, I read it all. Yes, I know all about Mahoney. Never was a fan. Too much of a liberal.

Yes, I know you left before the abuse scandal, so don't use it as an excuse to bash the Church, it's very 'unenlightened'.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#418030 Jan 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
diddo. I've met very noble Ministers who love Christ and will get their reward someday.
I can't consider the ones who stand at the pulpit knowingly spreading slander about us, to be in that group...
I don't picture Preston doing that. But I picture Confrint doing it!
~~~

You pay me a compliment...WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS ...THAT CONFRONTING WITH THE WORD...WILL NOT COMPROMISE THE WORD OF GOD, IN ORDER TO GAIN FAVOR WITH ANY MAN.

I DON'T COURT YOUR COMPLIMENTS....Your friendship is not more important to me than telling you the truth that can save you never dying soul
from eternal hell.

I do not believe that Preston would compromise the word either....I do not believe he is that starved for your compliments.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#418031 Jan 24, 2013
Like I said Anthony - your heirarchy is more concerned with their ownselves, and not with the victims.
You support this by partaking in the RCC and all its "glory".
You can stop spinning now.
"But the cardinal now finds himself in a most unwelcome spotlight, one that he sought for years to avoid. Internal church personnel files released this week as part of a civil court case reveal that he and his top adviser knowingly shielded priests accused of child sexual abuse from law enforcement. In one letter, the cardinal ordered a clergyman to stay in New Mexico, where he had been sent for treatment, to avoid the possibility of being reported to the police in California."
No, Cardinal Mahoney is more interested in his reputation than caring for the souls that were in his charge.

You cannot grasp the Church and her purpose. You are not as enlightened as you think you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 38 min Zog Has-fallen 419
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 48 min satanlovesyou 84,393
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... 21 hr Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Tue Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 23 Mr Sir 9,670
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web