Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,921
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#417952 Jan 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And his theology and core beliefs were PRESBYTERIAN.That is a foundation of confusion to start with,no matter what conservative influence he may have had.There is no respecter of persons with God.IT was said of a presbyterian minister that he rebuked a student for wanting to bring the salvation message to a foreign nation which was predominantly Buddhist.The minister said to the young man"If it is God's sovereign will,those buddhists will find salvation,you do not need to waste your time going there,for it may not be God's will to save them any way."
No Evangelical on this planet believes that way,we abhor such teaching,and it is anathema to us to even think in such a way. The gospel is for the whole human race,none excluded,Divine predistination in selection as the presbyterians teach via John Calvin is nothing less than obstinate heresey.
When I was in England,particularly Wales,there were presbyterians who would stand on the corner holding tracts,if someone wanted what they held,that person would have to take it from the man's hand,because to give it to someone who was not suppose to be saved was unthinkable.IT is no wonder today that presbyterianism is either a hodge podge of conservative theoloby,or a liberal faction promoting faithless jargle,and pushing a political agenda.
The tv, radio and bookstores are filled with Protestant mumbo jumbo theology from evangelicals who make my stomache turn. You are not fooling anyone here with your charades to cast dispersion on Protestant Converts who were high powered militant anti-catholics of many persuations. Like Saul when faced with the truth they could no longer deny the truth so you trying to paint converts as all liberals as it is too funny.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417953 Jan 24, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Down here in the mountains of East Tennessee.
There is a mill close to where we live.It's the best.
Chow chow is a pickled relish made of different veggies.
Some are made with cabbage or corn,green tomatoes,etc.
My Mamaw made it and it was really good.
it sounds like what we call pickle lilly,it's the same as what you described,and you can mix any type vegy you like in it,it comes either sweet or sour tasting.never been to tenn. should of,i was out there,was in indy, then went down through parts of kentucky was very dissapointed when we went through louisville,reminded me to much like n.y. city and boston,very run down and filthy,at least the parts of it i saw.

usa

#417954 Jan 24, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Saint Mussolini, the Vatican is an independent state.
Consider the source and see how that status is used.
are you sure? i never looked it up myself,but if that is the case,we have brought down leaders of state and country before,i think it's time to do it again,the victims deserve justice other than monetary compensation,benny is guilty of a crime and he should be brought to justice.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#417955 Jan 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The tv, radio and bookstores are filled with Protestant mumbo jumbo theology from evangelicals who make my stomache turn. You are not fooling anyone here with your charades to cast dispersion on Protestant Converts who were high powered militant anti-catholics of many persuations. Like Saul when faced with the truth they could no longer deny the truth so you trying to paint converts as all liberals as it is too funny.
Dust Storm says........Protestant mumbo jumbo theology from evangelicals who make my stomache turn!

Michael says.......Wasn't it YOU just last week that stated to me, catholic charities BOASTED! because they give to those outside the catholic church such as protestants?

Now you are backstabbing each and every one of them.

WHAT A HIPOCRIT YOU ARE!

I wouldn't TAKE A single dime from your church. What a phoney organization.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#417956 Jan 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And you are the ones who boast that presbyterians such as Scott hahn converted to Catholicism,not me.I am not surprised in this day and age that anyone converts to your "glorious" church,it offers to those who convert jobs to go on converting other "non-Catholic Christians" to the R O M A N Catholic Church."Broad is the road to destruction,and many are on it, and narrow is the way to Salvation,and few therebe that find it." You boast 2 billion or so,and how glorious it is,and it is the only one and so on,it is a broad way indeed.
I am not an authority,nor claim to be,but I do belong to Him,and by the way smart guy, my church does not bad mouth your organization in the least,why waste their time,it is far better to bring people to Christ,than to talk about some group down the street.No my church does not waste one minute trying to cut you down,we know you are there,but we are also about HIS business.
LOL...Protestants have no jobs trying to convert Catholics? Good one!

I am not sure boasting is pointing out the fact that many Evangelicals of notoriety have converted to the Church. You say we boast 2 billion or so and is the only one so is a broad way? Really? Since when is claiming to be a Catholic a guarantee of salvation? You have to check with your once saved always savers on that since you are all one in the same.

It is also a lie that you do not proclaim yourself an authority. In fact you do. Since you just got done judging other sola scripturists and Catholics and those horrid Presybytrians. lol I am sure James Kennedy thought of himself as a liberal. lol

You will have to forgive me if I dont believe someone in your congregation isnt have a good Catholic bash before or after some self proclaimed preacher made a one verse charlie sermon. I know you run to your buddies and cry about what someone said and then come full of vitriol rather than fact. You are your own authority period. You and you alone decide what the bible does and does not say and you have pronounced judgement on others many times in here.

usa

#417957 Jan 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
text>
The Pope has diplomatic immunity. He's a head of state.
so he is head of a state and not a church? can't have it both ways,so how can the church be the true church if it's a state?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#417958 Jan 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Take away your statues,rosary beads,and apparitions of Mary,priests who alone can consecrate the Communion supper which( ALL believers practice ),plenary indulgenses,scapulars giving false hope to those who wear it,the Roman Curia and Papacy,and WHAT ever else that is not biblical,and maybe we will become ROMAN Catholics.
By the way all Christians were Catholic(universal) believers,before the ROMAN infiltration that politicized the Christian faith.No doubt many great and marvelous teachers and people lived under the auspices of Roman Catholicism,but it is not the Lord Jesus' only true church."To live is Christ,to die is gain".We need Him alone,and,He is the proof that HE alone is able to sustain us and to be with us against that day. You can have your church,and call it all you like,but when you stand on your mountain and proclaim you are the only true,holy,CAtholic, and Apostolic,you are stating to all Christians that Christ is not sufficient for them,and they need your church to be truly identified in Him.That is not true,not Scriptural,and is a LIE from Satan.
You may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/romans/10-14.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417959 Jan 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever" (John 6:53–58).
"Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:27–28).
Pad another in a long list of self proclaimed authorities on what the Word really says. He says its only the Catholics who mock Protestants. lol Apparently he doesnt read these threads. Its a world of complete delusion. And I would bet not a service goes by where someone in the crowd whether an ex catholic including himself doesnt have a good catholic bashing session. Do you notice after he attends a session of love at his gathering that he blasts out a new line of folly? Yeah the hate festivals of love in his spirit filled gatherings shines through. But as HE says God put unity in their hearts that is why he feels it necessary to bash on Presbytrians and a host of others he deems who are clueless to the real deal. King of delusional statements.
Prove it -- with 21st century forensic testing.

The RCC claims to have done tests on a miracle Eucharist in 1971. That was all before DNA and other amazing forensic tests that are proven reliable every day -- in law, medicine, etc.

Spiritual superior? Prove it.

God knows there is no other evidence, except what the RCC produced itself. Real-world, real-life evidence says your claim is absurd at best.

STOP BEING A LAUGHING STOCK. Prove it.

Melbourne, FL

#417960 Jan 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so he is head of a state and not a church? can't have it both ways,so how can the church be the true church if it's a state?
That Church-State concept seems to go against so much in the Bible (render unto Caesar, etc., etc..).

But thanks to Saint Bonito Mussolini, all that was re-interpreted in 1929. Go figure?

It seems if someone is emotionally invested, they can somehow rationalize the morality of it. Especially if they possess spiritually superior teachings on morality.

Amazing, power bestowed by Mussolini. Maybe there is something to that "whore" thing.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417961 Jan 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Take away your statues,rosary beads,and apparitions of Mary,priests who alone can consecrate the Communion supper which( ALL believers practice ),plenary indulgenses,scapulars giving false hope to those who wear it,the Roman Curia and Papacy,and WHAT ever else that is not biblical,and maybe we will become ROMAN Catholics.
By the way all Christians were Catholic(universal) believers,before the ROMAN infiltration that politicized the Christian faith.No doubt many great and marvelous teachers and people lived under the auspices of Roman Catholicism,but it is not the Lord Jesus' only true church."To live is Christ,to die is gain".We need Him alone,and,He is the proof that HE alone is able to sustain us and to be with us against that day. You can have your church,and call it all you like,but when you stand on your mountain and proclaim you are the only true,holy,CAtholic, and Apostolic,you are stating to all Christians that Christ is not sufficient for them,and they need your church to be truly identified in Him.That is not true,not Scriptural,and is a LIE from Satan.
What you fail to comprehend is that Jesus Christ (clearly and explicitly initiated His One True (Universal-Catholic)Church in Matthew 16, however (understand) that it is not the "only Church"---but it still has, is and will always be Our Lords One TRUE Church.......There are many divisions (over 42,000) other Christian Churches and denominations in which the saving power of Jesus Christ remains at work for the Salvation of Souls. However Luther began the "Protestant Process" of rejecting what Jesus HIMSELF, and the Apostles originally taught and proclaimed which is the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the Truth that is manifested "only" in Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. Of course there (still) remains Salvation outside of the Catholic Church as we are all ecumentical Brothers and Sisters --united in Jesus Christ.

Melbourne, FL

#417962 Jan 24, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...Quit being a punching bag. Stand your ground, and quit allowing .."XENA, THE AMZAZON WARRIOR WOMAN REGINA".. insult you, call you names and bully you.
Start fighting back instead of saying "It must be my fault sorry Regina M." I must be doing something wrong sorry Regina M."
Come ON!
I'm with you.

But LTM is giving Regina a lesson in Christianity.
Clay

United States

#417963 Jan 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>as I looked at the scholarship of Hahn, I saw that he had attended three different schools at different levels, achieving high marks at all three and he should be commended for ths work.and as I looked at his degrees, I thought that he is somewhat like my brother, tho he doesnt possess as many different degrees as my brother.
saying that I will say this. my brother even with his many degrees belongs to the JW's, so education doesnt protect us from following false religions, for it is written;For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1. Catholicism is not a false religion. We are saved. We are born again.

2. Scott Hahn desperately didn't want to be Catholic. He sought the most prominent theological minds in the country to give him reasons to not be Catholic. One of these men - after a night of continuous theological discussion with Hahn, converted to the Catholic Church the following Easter. From his book "Rome Sweet Home", Hahn was led to the Catholic Church purely by his knowledge of scripture. He sacrificed his career as a Pastor, his lifelong friends, and potentially his marriage for truth.
I had the privilege of having a one on one conversation with him last summer. I like him a lot. I have a couple other books and CDs
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417964 Jan 24, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
...Quit being a punching bag. Stand your ground, and quit allowing .."XENA, THE AMZAZON WARRIOR WOMAN REGINA".. insult you, call you names and bully you.
Start fighting back instead of saying "It must be my fault sorry Regina M." I must be doing something wrong sorry Regina M."
Come ON!
Thank you Michael, but I assure you I am no ones punching bag.
If she is insulting me calling me names thats her problem not mine.

I don't have to live with that garbage in my heart.

Melbourne, FL

#417965 Jan 24, 2013
Spiritual superior?

Fine, let's re-examine all Eucharist miracles that left blood and guts.

Prove it.

God knows there is no other evidence, except what the RCC produced itself. Real-world, real-life evidence says your claim is absurd at best.

STOP BEING A WORLDWIDE LAUGHING STOCK. Prove it.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417966 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the stupidest Idealogy I ever read, but of course it would be.
It came from none other then the enabler of the murderers, and rapists of Children .
Please post from some one with a little more credablity then that.
Even among the catholic's I know, he has none.
Not a very Christian response.

Surely you'd want to be a better witness to the Christian faith than this, wouldn't you? We'll pray for you.

Melbourne, FL

#417967 Jan 24, 2013
TUESDAY, JAN 22, 2013

"Another Catholic sex abuse cover-up"

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/22/another_catho...

"And it’s the way that diocese lawyer J. Michael Hennigan could admit casually that the actions of Mahony and Curry “sometimes focused more on the needs of the perpetrator than on the serious harm that had been done to the victims."

RCC Morality 101...

Sometimes it's OK to focus more on the needs of the perpetrator than on the serious harm that had been done to the victims.

How anyone can buy into this as OK with Jesus is beyond most of humanity.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417968 Jan 24, 2013
When Christ at a symbolic moment was establishing His great society, He chose for its cornerstone neither the brilliant Paul nor the mystic John, but a shuffler, a snob, a coward – in a word, a man. And upon this rock He has built His Church, and the gates of Hell have not prevailed against it. All the empires and the kingdoms have failed, because of this inherent and continual weakness, that they were founded by strong men and upon strong men. But this one thing, the historic Christian Church, was founded on a weak man, and for that reason it is indestructible. For no chain is stronger than its weakest link. – G.K. Chesterton

Melbourne, FL

#417969 Jan 24, 2013
RCC Superiority So BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
That Church-State concept seems to go against so much in the Bible (render unto Caesar, etc., etc..).
But thanks to Saint Bonito Mussolini, all that was re-interpreted in 1929. Go figure?
It seems if someone is emotionally invested, they can somehow rationalize the morality of it. Especially if they possess spiritually superior teachings on morality.
Amazing, power bestowed by Mussolini. Maybe there is something to that "whore" thing.
Why would Jesus sue Mussolini in such as way?

Does God really play such games to save souls?

The real world is no friend of the spiritually superior Catholics.

Melbourne, FL

#417970 Jan 24, 2013
TUESDAY, JAN 22, 2013
"Another Catholic sex abuse cover-up"
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/22/another_catho...
"And it’s the way that diocese lawyer J. Michael Hennigan could admit casually that the actions of Mahony and Curry “sometimes focused more on the needs of the perpetrator than on the serious harm that had been done to the victims."
RCC Morality 101...
Sometimes it's OK to focus more on the needs of the perpetrator than on the serious harm that had been done to the victims.
How anyone can buy into this as OK with Jesus is beyond most of humanity.
!!!!!!!! 7 negative judgies so quickly = hit nail on the head.

RCC Morality 101...

"Sometimes it's OK to focus more on the needs of the perpetrator than on the serious harm that had been done to the victims."

This takes serious rationalization by the spiritually superior ones.

How anyone can rationalize this being OK with Jesus is beyond most of humanity.

BUSTED
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417971 Jan 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm with you.
But LTM is giving Regina a lesson in Christianity.
Now you know that LTM isn't that bright and she believes you're sincere in your support of her...so it's cruel to use her that way just to stir the pot. She's an inveterate liar (not a very Christian attribute) and I have little respect for her, but even *I* don't want to see her being used that way.

Thanks for reading my posts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 57 min PopeTrueFace 3
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr witchie poo 83,888
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 8 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 8 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 19 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Crazy 8,687
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web