Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,721 - 402,740 of 532,685 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have video of Ignatius being led to the Lions by the Roman Emperor or Clement being thrown into the ocean tied to an anchor...
What proof do you want?
unfortunately for iggy,he was around when feeding christians was ok with people,and clements story i'm not to familiar with except an emporer named trajan got mad at him for trying to convert people i believe so he got rid of him.interesting discovery,in the first century the anchor was the first sign of christianity before the cross.makes sense since the cross is of pagan origin.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding? You call names on here every single day.
It's you who needs to grow up.
So how many Catholics have you murdered so far today?
Murdered Catholic's , Thats how brain washed you are Regina; you don't know who is for you and who is against you.
Your Catholic doctrine about Mary, praying to saints, idols is a death warrant , and you call me a murderer.
Remember what Jesus said do not be afraid of who can kill the body, but who will kill the body and the soul.
Regina wake up in the Name of Jesus who shed His blood to free you from the chains that hold you bondage.
I am not the killer here Regina.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn was educated at the conservative, evangelical Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
And his theology and core beliefs were PRESBYTERIAN.That is a foundation of confusion to start with,no matter what conservative influence he may have had.There is no respecter of persons with God.IT was said of a presbyterian minister that he rebuked a student for wanting to bring the salvation message to a foreign nation which was predominantly Buddhist.The minister said to the young man"If it is God's sovereign will,those buddhists will find salvation,you do not need to waste your time going there,for it may not be God's will to save them any way."

No Evangelical on this planet believes that way,we abhor such teaching,and it is anathema to us to even think in such a way. The gospel is for the whole human race,none excluded,Divine predistination in selection as the presbyterians teach via John Calvin is nothing less than obstinate heresey.

When I was in England,particularly Wales,there were presbyterians who would stand on the corner holding tracts,if someone wanted what they held,that person would have to take it from the man's hand,because to give it to someone who was not suppose to be saved was unthinkable.IT is no wonder today that presbyterianism is either a hodge podge of conservative theoloby,or a liberal faction promoting faithless jargle,and pushing a political agenda.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Church adheres to these words in faith, she is not being triumphalistic but humbly recognizing in wonder and thanksgiving the victory of God over and through human weakness. Whoever deprives these words of their force for fear of triumphalism or of human usurpation of authority does not proclaim that God is greater but diminishes him, since God demonstrates the power of his love, and thus remains faithful to the law of the history of salvation, precisely in the paradox of human impotence. For with the same realism with which we declare today the sins of the popes and their disproportion to the magnitude of their commission, we must also acknowledge that Peter has repeatedly stood as the rock against ideologies, against the dissolution of the word into the plausibilities of a given time, against subjection to the powers of this world.
When we see this in the facts of history, we are not celebrating men but praising the Lord, who does not abandon the Church and who desired to manifest that he is the rock through Peter, the little stumbling stone:“flesh and blood” do not save, but the Lord saves through those who are of flesh and blood. To deny this truth is not a plus of faith, not a plus of humility, but is to shrink from the humility that recognizes God as he is. Therefore the Petrine promise and its historical embodiment in Rome remain at the deepest level an ever-renewed motive for joy: the powers of hell will not prevail against it …4
4. Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Called to Communion: Understanding the Church Today, Ignatius Press (1996): 61-65, 72-74.
http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2012/08/the-...
That is the stupidest Idealogy I ever read, but of course it would be.
It came from none other then the enabler of the murderers, and rapists of Children .
Please post from some one with a little more credablity then that.
Even among the catholic's I know, he has none.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I think I better leave for now go and have a nice hot tea and calm down.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn is only the tip of the iceberg Pad. The number of highly educated converts from the evangelical ranks is stunning.
as I looked at the scholarship of Hahn, I saw that he had attended three different schools at different levels, achieving high marks at all three and he should be commended for ths work.and as I looked at his degrees, I thought that he is somewhat like my brother, tho he doesnt possess as many different degrees as my brother.
saying that I will say this. my brother even with his many degrees belongs to the JW's, so education doesnt protect us from following false religions, for it is written;For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

reposting,left out a word "lion":Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have video of Ignatius being led to the Lions by the Roman Emperor or Clement being thrown into the ocean tied to an anchor...
What proof do you want? JETHRO:
unfortunately for iggy,he was around when feeding christians"to the lions" was ok with people,and clements story i'm not to familiar with except an emporer named trajan got mad at him for trying to convert people i believe so he got rid of him.interesting discovery,in the first century the anchor was the first sign of christianity before the cross.makes sense since the cross is of pagan origin.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've done enough damage to our Holy Bible. Now you want to venture into our writings from the Apostolic Fathers?
The truth is the truth and needs to be revealed...

Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both).

Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catholics...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" and the"catechism" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..

Men, not Christ, founded the catholic denomination.....(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your post Pad, and you are so right on.
"The church is the creation,not the CREATOR!"
We are not to sing praise to a denomination or boost their doctrine, we are to sing praise to God, and boost the works of our Lord.
I totally believe what ever denomination a person sits in there is a realm of Gods True Church, born and taught by the Holy Spirit who leads us to all truths.
God can sort through our human logic and mis information also,the Holy Spirit is able to penetrate all error.I know of a ONE-NESS church that was a very strong bastion for the false teaching that comes from that type of Pentecostalism(Jesus Only)(NO Godhead or Trinity)(You cannot be saved unless you speak in tongues). It was located in my city.A minister died and he was replaced with another.The new minister was very exhuberant and loved his congregation,but he felt that although his theology was fundamentally unchallengeable, he wondered about other Christians he had met in his city who loved Christ but never spoke in tongues.

He purposed to find out what was truly the Scriptural truth on salvation and so on,he fasted prayed and spent time alone with the Lord,even to the point of letting another preacher take the pulpit for a time,which was okayed by the church board.He of course did not tell his congregation why,but said he needed to pray.

AFTER two years of doing that returning of course to the pulpit,he started bringing Scriptures to his congregation and just presenting them to them,he prayed ,but he did not try to expound on those Scriptures,but he would ask the people to take those home and pray over them.The main teachers of bible classes all were secretly arguing over the passages,and some would come to him and ask him why he wanted them to study them in depth?Finally after another year,the whole congregation was confronted with either remaining with that false one-ness teaching or going to the evangelical orthodox teaching of most evangelical churches even those that were not necessarily pentecostal.

The whole congregation stayed with the pastor who decided to forsake one-ness theology and go to the TRUTH of Evangelical teaching found in non-oneness churches.They are now part of the Evangelical Fellowship of Churches,we are talking about a church that had over 2,000 members.The One-ness churches in our city were astounded,but there is much more communication with them these days,and unique things are happening.

But God is not troubled by our theology,He is troubled by our forsaking of the LOVE He gives to us when we come to Him and become born-again through faith in Him.Although our theology does need to be confronted,and eventually the Holy Spirit challenges it,like many choices,we need to even give our theology to Him.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Church adheres to these words in faith, she is not being triumphalistic but humbly recognizing in wonder and thanksgiving the victory of God over and through human weakness. Whoever deprives these words of their force for fear of triumphalism or of human usurpation of authority does not proclaim that God is greater but diminishes him, since God demonstrates the power of his love, and thus remains faithful to the law of the history of salvation, precisely in the paradox of human impotence. For with the same realism with which we declare today the sins of the popes and their disproportion to the magnitude of their commission, we must also acknowledge that Peter has repeatedly stood as the rock against ideologies, against the dissolution of the word into the plausibilities of a given time, against subjection to the powers of this world.
When we see this in the facts of history, we are not celebrating men but praising the Lord, who does not abandon the Church and who desired to manifest that he is the rock through Peter, the little stumbling stone:“flesh and blood” do not save, but the Lord saves through those who are of flesh and blood. To deny this truth is not a plus of faith, not a plus of humility, but is to shrink from the humility that recognizes God as he is. Therefore the Petrine promise and its historical embodiment in Rome remain at the deepest level an ever-renewed motive for joy: the powers of hell will not prevail against it …4
4. Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, Called to Communion: Understanding the Church Today, Ignatius Press (1996): 61-65, 72-74.
http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2012/08/the-...
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever" (John 6:53–58).

"Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:27–28).

Pad another in a long list of self proclaimed authorities on what the Word really says. He says its only the Catholics who mock Protestants. lol Apparently he doesnt read these threads. Its a world of complete delusion. And I would bet not a service goes by where someone in the crowd whether an ex catholic including himself doesnt have a good catholic bashing session. Do you notice after he attends a session of love at his gathering that he blasts out a new line of folly? Yeah the hate festivals of love in his spirit filled gatherings shines through. But as HE says God put unity in their hearts that is why he feels it necessary to bash on Presbytrians and a host of others he deems who are clueless to the real deal. King of delusional statements.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,I know of many ministers that are faithful to God and are not ashamed to preach His word.
We all know of many ministers of the gospel who have walked with God,and continue to keep pure their walk,staying true to their wives,and not ever touching a child in a foul way.

There are no doubt many priests who are the same,and we have to be careful not to judge the whole priesthood by a few either.Nevertheless the scandal affects us all,if we love Christ we are concerned about those who labor for Him as priests do.Laboring for Christ requires no reproach,but being single men,the priests carry an extra burden of fighting daily with like passions.

We have to be understanding,but never to condone anyone who takes the liberty of defiling a young person.Those that do such,can only face what society has for them,and if they do not repent,God who destroys both body and soul is their JUDGE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina, if you say I have, and believe it to be true please show me so I can apologize to that person.
Name calling and swearing at people is something I am totally against.
but we all have Our moments don't we.

...Quit being a punching bag. Stand your ground, and quit allowing .."XENA, THE AMZAZON WARRIOR WOMAN REGINA".. insult you, call you names and bully you.

Start fighting back instead of saying "It must be my fault sorry Regina M." I must be doing something wrong sorry Regina M."

Come ON!

ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the stupidest Idealogy I ever read, but of course it would be.
It came from none other then the enabler of the murderers, and rapists of Children .
Please post from some one with a little more credablity then that.
Even among the catholic's I know, he has none.
Truth often elicits such a reaction, especially from those under satan's influence. Also, it helps if one is educated highly enough to understand the writings of such an erudite man, which I suspect you're not. That's two strikes against you.

More name calling and lying from you, LTM. And you just murdered another Catholic. Oh, wait...you've murdered the Pope several times over already. Holy cow, numerous strikes and the day is only half over! Now what are those other stones you have in your casting basket? Come on, let's see them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to bed Oxbow,that is why I hadn't answeed you.
I wasn't feeling too good last night.
Oxbow,I am not going to argue with you about this.
I have posted scripture after scripture showing that the Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh.
The whole Old Testament points to Christ.
He was the cloud that the children followed in the dessert.
He was the burning bush.
He was the Rock that moses struck.
The Holy Bible say's that No man can see God and live.
By being manifest in the flesh,we could see Him.
If what you believe is true,then please explain to me how it is that both God and Jesus is the First and the Last.
The Alpha and Omega.
Revelation 2:8
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
These things saith >>the first and the last,
>>>which was dead,
>>>and is alive.
Did God die????
Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was,
>>>>>and which is to come, >>>>the Almighty.
22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last
Please explain these verses.
That is all I ask.
I may not be here tonight because we are under an ice storm watch and if it hits,we will lose our power.
I look forward to your answer to my question.
You will not answer my question because you can see where this will take you...to the truth. I find it idiotic that you asked me to discuss a particular verse in Scripture, when I responded, you refused to discuss it with me, and, at the same time, ask me to discuss other verses!!!!

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

This verse is the first parallel verse listed for the verse, that you presented to show that God is Christ and Christ is God. It is plain as day that it is not teaching that Christ is God nor that God is Christ, which says the verse you quoted does not teach that God is Christ and Christ is God.

When you can honestly and openly discuss this matter, get back to me...until then, I have no desire to go around this rose bush one more time with you.

Hope you feel better...take care...

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, digest this, it's right up your alley. A nice, juicy killing of a Catholic, and a Bishop no less!!! There is sure to be rejoicing in Sudbury, Ontario tonight! Come on, LTM, give it some great big red Hearts....come on do it. Then make some jokes about it, have a few laughs. Another Catholic priest DEAD, HURRAY, HURRAY, HURRAY, says the so-called "Christian", LTM. And the killer only got 15 years! Boy-oh-boy, another cause for celebration by you and your filthy evangelical ilk. Let's hear it, don't be shy. No one is going to think any less of you than they already do.
Driver sentenced to 15 years in prison for killing Roman Catholic Bishop in Turkey
By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, January 23
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
you say ilk,you must mean me,well wether or not,this is way out of line here,no one wants to see any catholic bishop priest or follower etc. to get hurt in this manner,the subject here is the lie they are spreading about being the true church,and the lies of the church,and the only punished ones should be the guilty of abuse and the ones who covered it up,and it goes all the way to the top. pope benny knows everything that went on and refuses to be a man and come forward for the poor abused kids.i doubt very much anyone here is happy to hear about this poor guy getting killed by getting run over,that is not what this forum is about,in my case anyway.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever" (John 6:53–58).
"Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:27–28).
Pad another in a long list of self proclaimed authorities on what the Word really says. He says its only the Catholics who mock Protestants. lol Apparently he doesnt read these threads. Its a world of complete delusion. And I would bet not a service goes by where someone in the crowd whether an ex catholic including himself doesnt have a good catholic bashing session. Do you notice after he attends a session of love at his gathering that he blasts out a new line of folly? Yeah the hate festivals of love in his spirit filled gatherings shines through. But as HE says God put unity in their hearts that is why he feels it necessary to bash on Presbytrians and a host of others he deems who are clueless to the real deal. King of delusional statements.
And you are the ones who boast that presbyterians such as Scott hahn converted to Catholicism,not me.I am not surprised in this day and age that anyone converts to your "glorious" church,it offers to those who convert jobs to go on converting other "non-Catholic Christians" to the R O M A N Catholic Church."Broad is the road to destruction,and many are on it, and narrow is the way to Salvation,and few therebe that find it." You boast 2 billion or so,and how glorious it is,and it is the only one and so on,it is a broad way indeed.

I am not an authority,nor claim to be,but I do belong to Him,and by the way smart guy, my church does not bad mouth your organization in the least,why waste their time,it is far better to bring people to Christ,than to talk about some group down the street.No my church does not waste one minute trying to cut you down,we know you are there,but we are also about HIS business.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>REMEMBERING and partaking of the elements of the bread and the wine(juice) is sufficient for millions of believers,and does not take one iota of holiness away from what Christ suffered.It is semantics we squabble over,because Christ cannot be divided into whether He is in a piece of bread or a cup of wine,but that His sacrifice was sufficent enough for our salvation.The real debate is in the sacrifice,because we are called to believe it,for our salvation.The Elements are for the believer to partake and remember what Christ did.There is no proof whatsoever Anthony that you partaking of the REal Presence makes you a better believer than a non-Catholic Christian who partakes of his or her communion.Christ is not divided,and that is the real issue here.
ROMAN Catholics talk about being fulfilled,when a changed life is the epitome of fulfillment in Him who DOES it."Faithful is He who calls you who also will do it."Thessalonians.I know Catholics who partake of the Eucharst weekly yet they are not walking with Christ,are often very liberal,and mock other Christians,I have seen it. What did they take in their bodies?
What is more powerful is that one walks in Christ experiences His transforming power and remembers the death of the Lord and walks in holiness.
You are fulfilled in being Roman Catholic,I am fulfilled in Christ,is that what we have to say to each other?Is that really what it boils down to?
No, because it's not true (a/k/a another fundie lie). Anthony, as a devout Catholic,*is* fulfilled in Christ. He adheres to the faith once given, the Apostolic faith. He worships God, not a book. He follows all that Christ commanded, including eating His flesh and drinking His blood. You do not. Therefore, I'm justified in questioning whether or not you are as fulfilled in Christ as you claim to be. I say it sounds very much as if you're more fulfilled by doing everything in your power to oppose His church and have made *that* the core of your faith.

We believe in One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism.

You and the 'gang' believe in Many Different Lords, Too Numerous to Count Faiths, Whatever Kind of Baptism Struck the Fancy of Whoever Founded Your Particular Ecclesial Community.

Huh! Laughable!

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
text>Lord have Mercy !!!!
lol,if he really is up there,he'd better hold his nose cause gas is lighter than air.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And his theology and core beliefs were PRESBYTERIAN.That is a foundation of confusion to start with,no matter what conservative influence he may have had.There is no respecter of persons with God.IT was said of a presbyterian minister that he rebuked a student for wanting to bring the salvation message to a foreign nation which was predominantly Buddhist.The minister said to the young man"If it is God's sovereign will,those buddhists will find salvation,you do not need to waste your time going there,for it may not be God's will to save them any way."
No Evangelical on this planet believes that way,we abhor such teaching,and it is anathema to us to even think in such a way. The gospel is for the whole human race,none excluded,Divine predistination in selection as the presbyterians teach via John Calvin is nothing less than obstinate heresey.
When I was in England,particularly Wales,there were presbyterians who would stand on the corner holding tracts,if someone wanted what they held,that person would have to take it from the man's hand,because to give it to someone who was not suppose to be saved was unthinkable.IT is no wonder today that presbyterianism is either a hodge podge of conservative theoloby,or a liberal faction promoting faithless jargle,and pushing a political agenda.
The tv, radio and bookstores are filled with Protestant mumbo jumbo theology from evangelicals who make my stomache turn. You are not fooling anyone here with your charades to cast dispersion on Protestant Converts who were high powered militant anti-catholics of many persuations. Like Saul when faced with the truth they could no longer deny the truth so you trying to paint converts as all liberals as it is too funny.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Down here in the mountains of East Tennessee.
There is a mill close to where we live.It's the best.
Chow chow is a pickled relish made of different veggies.
Some are made with cabbage or corn,green tomatoes,etc.
My Mamaw made it and it was really good.
it sounds like what we call pickle lilly,it's the same as what you described,and you can mix any type vegy you like in it,it comes either sweet or sour tasting.never been to tenn. should of,i was out there,was in indy, then went down through parts of kentucky was very dissapointed when we went through louisville,reminded me to much like n.y. city and boston,very run down and filthy,at least the parts of it i saw.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 37 min Married in 8,129
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••