Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,135)

Showing posts 402,681 - 402,700 of511,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
Thank you for your thoughfulness...
Kay Marie has been in the hospital (in the heart center) for over a week now.
I have been driving 78 miles a day (up and back )to be with her.
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
(because of the two mechanical valves in her heart) and
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She has received several units of blood...because of internal bleeding.
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
My thought's and prayers are with her GIF.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
Thank you for your thoughfulness...
Kay Marie has been in the hospital (in the heart center) for over a week now.
I have been driving 78 miles a day (up and back )to be with her.
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
(because of the two mechanical valves in her heart) and
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She has received several units of blood...because of internal bleeding.
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
Please tell her that she is in my thoughts and prayers.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

big frozen planet
when new sun come
all of you will be alive
i start talk
ejjjjjjjj youuuuuuuuuuuu
what you doing
i waithing and i know all of them come here
where
in this frozen state
pardon planet
yessssssssssss
how you know man
i know all of you
will come here
many many many place
is that your home
where you have many room
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppp
which clor
blue
are you for sure is that planet i see its looks as around but not river
as well not any sun as i can see that time
i remember i walk there
where
on that place where you put frozen soul
Are you for sure its blue?
yes i am i see that i speak one man he guarding there he help put you all there..
where?
its as big blue ball as planet

Is that your house with many rooms?
Did i speak with proper man?
who

its frozen..its bring me see
that place
Are you joking?
no

I am still alive?

When new Sun come all soul will be alive!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear the same thing from non-Catholics too.
How do you know those fundamentalists are in heaven?
Honesty again plays an important part here.
You do realize this, right?
Although you bring out a good point here,the fact remains that by faith we believe along with seeing the proof of changed lives in the process.We know by reason of witness as to what directly comes from the Spirit Himself in regards to our lives.When I was pretty much enslaved by my desires,I found the answer in seeking God's way out of my own prison.I became distraught over the fact that I could not change,even though I tried to.But with the Lord's help and reading the Word,over a course of time,change came,and God only knows what could have been had I not changed for the better.

As for praying to those beyond the grave and so on.I personally believe that the change from the corruptible to the incorruptible has not happened as far as who enters the Kingdom of God.ONLY Christ is in His resurrected Body sitting at the right hand of His Father in heaven.

Nevertheless,most Christians believe that our spirits go directly to be with the Lord after we die,although our body with the soul remains asleep in the grave.Our spirit is the first to leave the person,and enters the realm of glory with God and His Angels,along with the myriad of others who have gone on before no doubt.

The communicating with the saints as the RCC and also the Orthodox believe,does not bother me personally,as I realize that as spirits they are with the Lord and can communicate their requests to HIM.As far as knowing that God has made them saints,that was estableished in the Scriptures.The fact that saints are canonized by the RCC does not make the individual who is with the Lord any less or more a saint in that realm with the LORD.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Is that our lovely hojo pojo..yes yes yes it is
holy holy holy hojo..

you not tell me hojo

who bring me there
where
i see all body is frozen
its bue
as huge planet
but everything blue hojo
yep

ej my lovly friend
did you waithing me there
he show to me
i find my one friend there he is ortodox
what you doing here i say to him
i am helping put all there
i know they will come
aaa just like that
you are my lovely Simo
Are you died?
no you are not
you are helper
you guarding all this soul
yes he replay

oh i don't know how i return here in this condition
i don't know who took me there see all this things..
but i see Sime is alive
he is not been prayer no
but he is there as helper
he guarding all of you
make for sure put you in every room
where..where is blue frozen planet

When new Sun come all soul will be alive?

Who took me there?.. i don't know..but i see..i walk and speak..who bring me back..i don't know..but i know that i am alive and wrote what i see.

Everybody not say O lord..then who show to me which Lord..then why i am still alive!!!

When new Sun come all soul will be alive..i see my friend Sime is there he is alive and someone employ him there as guardian..Sime is Orthodox but he never pray i don't know how he come there..must be Mercy of God stay upon him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
Clay,I am a child of God,so I am part of His church.
I'm not going to argue with you about it.
No one taught me about the trinity,I read the scriptures and can see the trinity.
You are confused by men. No where in the Bible has the word Trinity expressing what you state, although you will READ INTO many passages to bring you to this conclusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

"The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology (though not about the Divine Trinity) was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170. He wrote:[10][11]

"In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [&#932;&#961;&#953 ;&#940;&#948;&#959 ;&#962;], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man."[12]

Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early 3rd century, is credited with using the words "Trinity",[13] "person" and "substance"[14] to explain that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are "one in essenceónot one in Person".[15]

About a century later, in 325, the First Council of Nicaea established the doctrine of the Trinity as orthodoxy and adopted the Nicene Creed, which described Christ as "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father"."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>No, It was a shame to see you and reg talk about me and my opine like you did, and then clay speak abour career Ministers and such. I took your advice a couple of months ago and pulled the fangs from my voice, but I am NOT ABOUT to allow anyone to mock me and my testimoney.
as I told you, the word {conceive} means to start something, it doesnt have to mean that God had intercourse with Mary. it is when her pregnancy [originated}, nothing more can be added to that.
God placing an embryo in her womb, doesnt take away anything from her carrying that embyro to fruition.
Like I said, I know more about what I am talking about than you and reg searching the web for two years would ever know.. My wife, a very intelligent person didnt marry me for my looks, she liked the fact that my brain was in overdrive.
I know you've toned it down Preston and I appreciate your effort. Your personal testimony is just that, personal, and sharing it here in this particular forum, even though you believe it with all your heart, doesn't necessairly have the effect you desire, especially when compared to sharing it with someone in person. That's all I'm going to say about that.

But your views on the Blessed Virgin are wrong. And they are insulting. And they are totally unbiblical. And in light of the fact that you take so much pride in standing up for the written Word, I think it diminishes your reputation as such. I wish you would stop.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the Messiah who we have known as Jesus, Son of the Godhead or 'trinity'.
as we read...
John 1:1-3,10,11 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not.
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
Amen......what else need be said???
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
well I didn't mean to insult you.
Again, you just reiterated that I'm going to hell though.
Or... I chose my own path to hell. Same thing.
I'm not meeting the criteria that the 'born agains' teach according to their interpretations of sacred Scripture. I'm not properly saved.
Lets compare are jabs:
I pointed out the struggle Evangelical Ministers have in seeing Catholicism because they'd need to basically, give up their lifestyle. They would face ridicule from family and friends if they joined the Catholic Church. Its career suicide! I feel for anyone standing at that crossroad. I read testimonials from some that crossed over. A good book is "Rome Sweet Home" by Dr. Hahn - a former anti catholic Evangelical Minister.
But Preston, if you truly think you have the scriptural knowledge and can teach infallibly on it, then have at it. I can't see God condemning you for preaching what you believe to be the absolute truth. I'm not trying to get in the way of your conscience.
Your Jab:
I'm not saved. I'm going to hell and I chose this path...
Dr. Scott Hahn by the way dear Catholics was not an Evangelical minister,he was a PRESBYTERIAN minister.And his church has been in a liberal sea of opinion and activities long before Scott Hahn was even born.Scott Hahn was educated in a liberal Presbyterian Seminary, attending schools of liberal academia,receiving his degrees under a liberal theology.

Presbyterianism is steeped in a liberal/Calvinistic theology to date,and in Scott's years the same.Some of the most liberal politicians of our day who became Democrats,and some even Republicans are Presbyterians who question the Virgin Birth,and for the most part give lip service to Jesus being God,they think of His sonship to God as being no more that any man on earth being a son of God.

The only Evangelical Presbyterians can be found in the deep sounth,or with the Westminister confession that upholds John Knox,they are a minority.Scott Hahn was from the main stream Presbyterians.Yes he is a brilliant man,and now at least he gives truth to who Jesus really is,and he seeks to serve Christ,but his claiming that he is evangelical or was to use that as fuel to refute Evangelicals at large is blurred by his true heritage with liberal theology in Presbyterianism.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

my lovly friend Sime is ortodox my countryman
i don't think so he pray as i pray
but i see not him any more must he past away
who say that to me????????
no no no my lovely friend is alive
did i see good
yes i see
Sime walking and talking with me..where on big huge frozen blue planet..how i come there i don't know?
How i come back i don't know?!
I see my lovely Sime as friend walk and talk with me and say he is helper he know they will more come..who?
i see frozen dead body many many many..ej Sime how you know..he replay i know..

I am still alive.
Why i been there i don't know..who bring me there see i don't know..who bring me back..i don't know..but i know Sime is Orthodox who never pray but he is alive yes he is helper..he still looks as some.

When new Sun come all soul as well body will be alive.
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

You Catholics are enabling child molestors, you are lower than vermin
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Sime is been my friend..yes he visiting us many times ..i am catholic he is ortodox ..his childreen is half catholic half Orthodox..they told me Sime past away.

I am believer.
I am prayer.

My lovely friend Sime not pray..but i see him as alive i walk and talk with him..i see on big frozen blue planet..i see many body frozen..
ej Sime ..he replay ..he know about that..he is helper about frozen body.

When Sun come all soul as well body will come alive.

I see my friend Sime is there as helper.

Who bring me there i don't know..who bring me back i don't know..but i am still alive i remember that i talk with him..my friend Sime is some he is alive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

750 582
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, >>thy redeemer,
>>and he that formed thee from the womb,
>>>I [am] the LORD that maketh >>>all [things]; that stretcheth forth the heavens >>alone;
that spreadeth abroad the earth >>>by myself;
Now Oxbow,we know from the scriptures who the word was and that all things were created by Him.
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate >>>>with the Father, >>>Jesus Christ the righteous
This verse is calling the Father,Jesus Christ the righteous.
Can you explain this away instead of using the same verse of 1Timothy3:16 over and over again Oxbow?
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Scott Hahn by the way dear Catholics was not an Evangelical minister,he was a PRESBYTERIAN minister.And his church has been in a liberal sea of opinion and activities long before Scott Hahn was even born.Scott Hahn was educated in a liberal Presbyterian Seminary, attending schools of liberal academia,receiving his degrees under a liberal theology.
Presbyterianism is steeped in a liberal/Calvinistic theology to date,and in Scott's years the same.Some of the most liberal politicians of our day who became Democrats,and some even Republicans are Presbyterians who question the Virgin Birth,and for the most part give lip service to Jesus being God,they think of His sonship to God as being no more that any man on earth being a son of God.
The only Evangelical Presbyterians can be found in the deep sounth,or with the Westminister confession that upholds John Knox,they are a minority.Scott Hahn was from the main stream Presbyterians.Yes he is a brilliant man,and now at least he gives truth to who Jesus really is,and he seeks to serve Christ,but his claiming that he is evangelical or was to use that as fuel to refute Evangelicals at large is blurred by his true heritage with liberal theology in Presbyterianism.
Scott Hahn is only the tip of the iceberg Pad. The number of highly educated converts from the evangelical ranks is stunning.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Catholics are unwilling to realize that Evangelical congregations were formed to confront the Liberal factions in Protestantism,and to ensure the better way of following Christ through Scripture and a holy sought life.

The founders of Methodism the Wesley brothers(John and Charles) would role in their graves seeing Methodism today.

John Knox would plead with God to let him go from the grave and confront the Presbyterian church of today.

Congregationalists were becoming liberal even when they formed in this country in the early 1700s.The Reformer churches faced problems in their theology as early as the 1600s,and the first Great Awakening brought to light in this country and in England the fallacy of viewing Jesus as just a reformer and a political activist,rather than the Son of God who completely changes the whole thinking of human beings in relation to the Kingdom of the Father.

Presbyterianism was the first of the great reformer churches that went by the wayside of liberal whitewashed ideology and theology.It is because Calvinism at its roots is in error,and even though there were great Presbyterians who did in fact love Christ,their theology concerning the Predestination of a believer and selective divine appointment for salvation could not hold the foundation of truth to sustain the evangelical move to make disciples of all Nations who would FOLLOW Christ to the death.

We know full well as well, that the World Council of Churches promoted and spread Liberation Theology,which even Communist regimes could use to try and destroy the core of Christianity that was evangelical based.
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

What is not stunning to these Catholic pedo-enablers is the scale of child-molestation and cover-ups by the Catholic Church, which has time and again decided to continue leaving more innocent children at the mercy of pederasts. They are not "stunned" at all by this. It is completely normal behavior to these cockroaches.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this verse;
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy
>>>great is the (((mystery)))) of godliness<<<<:
>>>God<<< was manifest >>in the flesh<<<,
justified >>>>in the Spirit<<<<,
seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
>>>>received up into glory.
GOD,FLESH and SPIRIT.
I did...here it is again....

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The first parallel verse listed for Ti 3:16 is: Mt 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: Followed by:And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Plain as day...from Scripture.. God is God and Christ is His Son......God said so!!!!!! I believe Him!!!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.
Under the false banner of Scripture alone, you're all right. In fact, you can't argue with Catholicism either.
I am curious Ox...how would you define your religion? I don't know of any Protestant denominations that do not believe in the Trinity.
----------

Its not about a religion Clay it is about faith in God.
Religion's will save no one. The false banner of scripture only.
So what did your church fathers get their great knowledge of what Jesus taught if they didn't believe the Bible.
You can't change what is written in the word of God's Holy Scripture.
But what is passed around orally can change many times all depends on who is telling it.
You think the Holy Scriptures are false too bad Clay, because you are calling God a liar.
His written word isn't good enough,instead of trusting what God said you rather trust what sinful men say to you.
What is preach orally, must match up with the Holy Scriptures.
The catholic oral teachings do not.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

no
don't be a liar
not yet see light there
its frozen and snow is there
not yet any light
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
you can't be liar

my friend Sime need pray
if i see where he walk
and he doing
not yet
there not yet any light..its frozen everywhere..

How i fill..i don't fill any cold not at all.

I wrote before about when took me up near huge huge big fire ball as Sun..i been close but did not fill any burning or hot.

I did not fill hot or any cold.

Where is frozen blue I see my friend Sime..he is alive
he is helper there he say he know many body frozen will come.

When new Sun come all soul as well body will be alive.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,Thank you Truth.
And please keep praying.
He is now in Phili at the cancer center of Amrica.
They did a scan on him there and the cancer is not in his liver.
It is in his pancreas and lymphnodes.
They had to wait to get his sugar down first.
The cancer in his pancreas caused his sugar to go really high.
Thank you for your concern.
Thank you for the up date FOL.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, in these trying times.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 402,681 - 402,700 of511,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••