Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417906 Jan 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've done enough damage to our Holy Bible. Now you want to venture into our writings from the Apostolic Fathers?
Your Holy Bible???? Wow Clay
God gave His Holy Word to the world.
The catholic church isn't the whole world.
I dare say God would have Entrusted your church,
with his Holy Word.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417907 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;
You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
You know this dear little soul is sing to Jesus.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417908 Jan 24, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
Yeah me either, or they didn't bother listening to it 7th.
out of their dislike of me.
Clay

United States

#417909 Jan 24, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,I would never say that you all are going to hell.
That's not my place to do such a thing.
God know's all our hearts,He is our judge.
I appreciate that. Unfortunately you're one of the few you'd state it.
Catholics aren't 'saved' according to common Evangelical thought. Therefore we're destined for hell.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417910 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Preston what you said is very true, I had a hard time trying to figure out why I didn't fit into this world, I never was suppose to. God had other plans for me.
When I was born again, it was like someone turned the world right side up.
And that is true of the Apostles in the first century,they turned the world upside down,we know that being changed by the LORD through His Son,and in the power of the Holy Spirit,makes that difference that we can turn the world upside down as well.Christians are suffering for the Lord in many countries,martyrs are being sent to the Lord daily,and the countries where Christians suffer persecution are going through upheavals.The Christians are salt and light,we are making a difference.

I like what Preston posted that you responded to,it is about conversion,and not to a church,but to HIM who died at Calvary.The church is the creation,not the CREATOR!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417911 Jan 24, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, LTM.
The romanist religion is against its members reading the bible God gave us on their own, because if they did, their eyes would be opened to God;s truths, and they would leave romanism for Christianity.
More Protestant BS Propaganda! We as Catholics read the bible every day, as well as hear the word of God "every single day" at daily Mass. The difference is that (each) bible only Protestant puts "their own" (individual)42,000+ contradicting and conflicting mis-interpretations of "spin" on what they read.....while Catholics "follow, adhere to, and accept" the TRUE interpretation of the Bible given by the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD......Jesus, initiated, formed and left for His disciples, apostles and His followers (today) His One True (Universal) Catholic Church, in Matt 16:13-21.---of which Paul (in 1Tim 3:15) calls the Church (not the Bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417912 Jan 24, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, LTM.
The romanist religion is against its members reading the bible God gave us on their own, because if they did, their eyes would be opened to God;s truths, and they would leave romanism for Christianity.
The romanist ideal and agenda is mainly 'keep them ignorant, keep them blinded to the truth, and keep them dependent'...
Amen "Just-a- Christian."
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417913 Jan 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
"Why the Catholic Church is the Only True Christian Church"!
It is becoming less and less popular these days to consider the term 'Christian' to mean Catholics, or even the numerous Protestant denominations. When someone says that he or she is 'Christian,' they are generally referring to Fundamentalism. Fundamentalism, however, is based primarily on the teachings of Paul, rather than Jesus; and those who adhere to it merely "pick and choose" specific lines and passages which will uphold their erroneous beliefs, leaving out or misinterpreting anything which is not convenient to their stand.
Fundamentalists routinely dismiss the Catholic Church in such contemptuous terms as "the whore of Babylon," and attempt to grant it unsavory status by likening it to an equally-contemptuous term, "Judaizers." To briefly note the correlations between the two, Fundamentalists have great negativity toward such aspects as Priests, Altars, Holy Water, Dietary Regulations, the bread/wafers, and keeping the Ten Commandments. In other words, the Catholic Church following the same precepts as the Jewish religion which Jesus lived, is something which Fundamentalists point at as "wrong." Teaching that Jesus, and belief in Jesus, represents the irrelevance of the Old Testament, Fundamentalists dismiss one of the most important precepts which Catholics adhere to:
Matthew 5:17-19 says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
The subject of what constitutes "salvation" is one of the most significant dividers. As Fundamentalists fully believe that once one has "accepted Christ as one's personal savior" that one individual act constitutes being "saved," they are dismissing everything that is clearly written in black and white, clearly stating that that is not so. With that belief, Fundamentalists take extreme exception to much of what the Catholic Church is based upon-- they do not believe in the sacraments, even the Eucharist and confession are scorned. Nothing past the act of being "saved" is considered relevant.
As is written in Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." This is only one passage which is given to mean that one's actions are indeed relevant. What is the will of God? One can begin that answer with the Commandments. One can continue answering by recalling the words of Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount:
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
In those words alone one cannot deny the importance of how one lives one's life. Those who have given themselves to the Catholic Church, either as its leaders or followers, know this. And one need look no further than the eighth Beatitude to understand. The question you can ask yourself is are you a Fundamentalist, or are you a true Christian?
Continued for space:
Clay

United States

#417914 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
with his Holy Word.
Then in your opinion, Christianity didn't really begin until 1450 AD, when 'the whole world' could obtain a Bible.
Absolutely God gave us the Bible AND the Catholic Church to infallibly interpret it. Why would God not have an Earthly authority to safeguard it?

If its not the CC, then which one of you 42,000 is it?
You guys refuse to acknowledge the massive doctrinal mess you're all trapped in. Somehow, you've convinced yourselves the Holy Spirit is guiding you while interpreting the Holy Scripture.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417915 Jan 24, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord have mercy 7th,what in the world is wrong with you.
That was very nasty.I wish now I hadn't clicked on that link.
Only in ones own mind maybe. They really did sell them at Wal-Greens check on the internet.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417916 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
with his Holy Word.
The fact is--THAT "HE" DID!!! The Early Church Fathers formulated, compiled and translated the documents, letters, scrolls and parchments from the Apostles, over 450 years after Jesus initiated His first Apostolic Church at Antioch (Acts 2), forming the "Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397AD, "entrusting His Written Word" (the Bible) to His One True Church----the Catholic Church.----The same "written Word of God" that Protestants have "butchered,(eliminating 7 of the original books of the Bible, mis-quoted, mis-interpreted, and mis-represented the TRUTH of the SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF. Jesus' words in the Gospels are clear, concise and explicit regarding His One (and ONLY)True Church (Matt 16:1`3-21) and His TRUE body and TRUE blood, in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59). "Spin and going around in circles" will get you nowhere LTM, except a "temporary joy-ride" round and around on the tea cups at Disneyland!!
Clay

United States

#417917 Jan 24, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Only in ones own mind maybe. They really did sell them at Wal-Greens check on the internet.
If I was with my buddys, maybe i would chuckle.

But this a forum where the focus is religion and Jesus Christ. We talk Christianity and theology. Its not appropriate for that kinda humor.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417918 Jan 24, 2013
hojo,you have every right to post what you did,and no doubt we all have given discertations about our particular persuasions,and we are either agreed with or the opposite. So I am not going to hurl negative rhetoric at you.

Nevertheless I think hojo that you are misinformed about what fundamentalism is all about,and that the posters(non-Catholic) on here especially are not fundamentalist.

The evangelicals who get on this thread are not fundamentalists,and they come from backgrounds of strong evangelical denominations which came out of the Reformer churches.I am not a fundamentalist!

preston's church is not a fundamentalist church,but from a strong line of holiness churches which are old Methodist,that which is not liberal hogwash.

Fundamentalists are known in every group that is true,and they usually are a distinctive m i n o r i t y.

Fundamentalism is based in legalism,and holds to a strong and stubborn canon,which is the letter of the law.Christian fundamentalists may speak about being saved and no doubt they do,but in a legalistic,rigid way that as Jesus said"Strains a ngat."

Salvation is very clear in the Bible,and that clarity is in the PERSON of Jesus Christ,what He lived,suffered,died and was resurrected for.The study of the Bible can lead one either to a fundamentalist legalistic end or a true Christian persepctive that includes L O V E, HOPE,and JOY.

Most fundamentalists are not filled with J o y,but rigid discipline to further their u n d e r s t a n d i n g of the Scriptures and so on.

By the way, all Christians are under the 8th Beatitude including the fundamentlists.And also those fundamentalists are brothers and sisters in Christ,and need our love,as they often forsake the treasures of the Joy of the Lord to press righteousness and holiness.But they do not realize that what they need is the JOY of Christ and to forsake legalism which many of them are bound in.

You can preach the gospel with sincerity and truth,and be right on,pounding your message into the ears of the listeners,but without the Spirit.The Spirit makes the difference and He brings even the worst message of hell-fire but with MERCY and love.Fundamentalists are often incapable of bringing strong gospel teaching with love and mercy,because they rely on a PROPHET platform.

As for being immersed in Paul's teachings to a fault,I believe that perhaps you especially being a former Lutheran are turned off to Paul because Luther was so bent on the epistles,and used them as amunition against the corrupt Papacy of his day.

I have seen Catholic priests who were fundamentalists in their own right,dogmatic,cold and austere,determined to propagate ROMAN Catholicism above even the Lord Jesus Himself. You are in no better shape being a RC than anyother type of Christian,if the Spirit of Love,and Mercy and CHRIST is not in you,so ponder that for awhile.
RCC Superiority -- BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417919 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
with his Holy Word.
Catholics have morally superior teachings.

Just look at the real world and see.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#417920 Jan 24, 2013
RCC Superiority -- BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Question of the day:
Why are there more people today interested in "dog rescue" than child rescue?

RCC Superiority says......Why are there more people today interested in "dog rescue" than child rescue

Michaels opinion....

..Pro-life lobbyists, direct more anger towards a girl willing to abort, and anger at the system for allowing it, than the love they would have to adopt her child. People need to stop judging the pregnant girl and start focusing on whats most important. Adoptions of these unwanted children.

...Adopting a rescue dog, is a total labor of love. People don't care who the rescue dogs mother is, or the circumstances of how she got pregnant. They know a rescue dog will be their loyal companion.

caveat.....there are groups who do adopt these unwanted babies, and good for them, but too many others march with placards with church members, or call for a day of prayer actually do very little in solving this on going dilema.

Action always speak louder than words.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417921 Jan 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.
SEZ YOU...
AND BY WHAT AUTHORITY TO YOU JUDGE HER...
SHE HAS THE LEADERSHIP, GUIDANCE... OF THE HOLY GHOST....
QUESTION...
How can you.... that denies the authenticity of the scripture ...
WHICH THE HOLY GHOST INSPIRED make such a declaration.
Your belief is based upon CONJECTURE AND FABLES...pre-scriptural conjecture that is nothing more than hearsay, with nothing from the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO VALIDATE BACK IT UP.
YOU CHURCH DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY OR A FRANCHISE ON THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY GHOST...
NO ONE HAS..
BUT EVERY HONEST SEEKER... THAT IS BORN AGAIN ...OF THE SPIRIT ...HAS THIS PROMISE FROM JESUS...
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Pro_17:19 He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction.
Pro_18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
Pro_18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
Pro_21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
And what I said to LTM goes for you too. Any chump who buys into the fraud Benny Hinn shouldn't be allowed to teach Sunday school to 5 year olds.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417922 Jan 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
More Protestant BS Propaganda! We as Catholics read the bible every day, as well as hear the word of God "every single day" at daily Mass. The difference is that (each) bible only Protestant puts "their own" (individual)42,000+ contradicting and conflicting mis-interpretations of "spin" on what they read.....while Catholics "follow, adhere to, and accept" the TRUE interpretation of the Bible given by the Early Church Fathers in 382,393 and 397 AD......Jesus, initiated, formed and left for His disciples, apostles and His followers (today) His One True (Universal) Catholic Church, in Matt 16:13-21.---of which Paul (in 1Tim 3:15) calls the Church (not the Bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!
Take away your statues,rosary beads,and apparitions of Mary,priests who alone can consecrate the Communion supper which( ALL believers practice ),plenary indulgenses,scapulars giving false hope to those who wear it,the Roman Curia and Papacy,and WHAT ever else that is not biblical,and maybe we will become ROMAN Catholics.

By the way all Christians were Catholic(universal) believers,before the ROMAN infiltration that politicized the Christian faith.No doubt many great and marvelous teachers and people lived under the auspices of Roman Catholicism,but it is not the Lord Jesus' only true church."To live is Christ,to die is gain".We need Him alone,and,He is the proof that HE alone is able to sustain us and to be with us against that day. You can have your church,and call it all you like,but when you stand on your mountain and proclaim you are the only true,holy,CAtholic, and Apostolic,you are stating to all Christians that Christ is not sufficient for them,and they need your church to be truly identified in Him.That is not true,not Scriptural,and is a LIE from Satan.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#417923 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And what I said to LTM goes for you too. Any chump who buys into the fraud Benny Hinn shouldn't be allowed to teach Sunday school to 5 year olds.
(LOL) As if there aren't enough issues going on right this minute with many of your own church leaders?

For starters just read the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEWS at the top right hand column of this forum.

Many of your church leaders, make Benny Hinn look like a LIGHTWEIGHT.

ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417924 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharlayne, I don't I posted that; then Posted what the bible truly says .:)
Well, well, well, look who's here...LTM the murderer.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417925 Jan 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Joining the RCC does not make you anymore better a believer than watching Martial Arts on TV makes you a practitioner of Martial Combative Arts."
Being able to partake of the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation is reason enough for most converts.
REMEMBERING and partaking of the elements of the bread and the wine(juice) is sufficient for millions of believers,and does not take one iota of holiness away from what Christ suffered.It is semantics we squabble over,because Christ cannot be divided into whether He is in a piece of bread or a cup of wine,but that His sacrifice was sufficent enough for our salvation.The real debate is in the sacrifice,because we are called to believe it,for our salvation.The Elements are for the believer to partake and remember what Christ did.There is no proof whatsoever Anthony that you partaking of the REal Presence makes you a better believer than a non-Catholic Christian who partakes of his or her communion.Christ is not divided,and that is the real issue here.

ROMAN Catholics talk about being fulfilled,when a changed life is the epitome of fulfillment in Him who DOES it."Faithful is He who calls you who also will do it."Thessalonians.I know Catholics who partake of the Eucharst weekly yet they are not walking with Christ,are often very liberal,and mock other Christians,I have seen it. What did they take in their bodies?

What is more powerful is that one walks in Christ experiences His transforming power and remembers the death of the Lord and walks in holiness.

You are fulfilled in being Roman Catholic,I am fulfilled in Christ,is that what we have to say to each other?Is that really what it boils down to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 1 hr Redeemed 45
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 1 hr Redeemed 10
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr_SKY 84,435
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,686
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... Wed Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web