Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,661 - 402,680 of 537,311 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
These doctrines don't date back all the way to Constantine, except for perhaps in seed form, but were slowly adopted over many years as various popes issued decrees. In many cases, the doctrines are not even based on Scripture, but on a document of the church. Most Roman Catholics consider themselves to be Christians and are unaware of the differences between their beliefs and the Bible. Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church has fostered that ignorance by discouraging the personal study of the Bible and making the people reliant on the priests for their understanding of the Bible.
Exactly, LTM.
The romanist religion is against its members reading the bible God gave us on their own, because if they did, their eyes would be opened to God;s truths, and they would leave romanism for Christianity.
The romanist ideal and agenda is mainly 'keep them ignorant, keep them blinded to the truth, and keep them dependent'...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Whaddabouit....Full of Love?????

I really thought, for a minute, you asked me for an honest and frank answer, because you were genuinely interested in the truth.

Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?

Is there something about my question you don't understand??
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Mainline history about the sun cult in Rome..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...

http://biblelight.net

Bible exposition..

http://www.geocities.ws/pitbeast/
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

still you not explain
weed seed
seal of hand
seal of head

explain
pure and clear
hand
man hand
but white
spiritually looking perfect as geometric from computer
its so nice see that i never see before..
perfect hand

then
explain
seal of hand

Who show that to me?
How they can listen my inner voice when i pray and cry.
You need cry always that everyone see tears..you cry within yourself.
Who guarding your soul?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinth...
God listen always prayers.
I pray alone in my room..nobody there.
You can do too.
God know how you looks ..you can't hide nothing ..your weakness sin or goodness..nothing at all hidden front of him.
God love us some.
http://bible.cc/1_peter/5-6.htm

When everybody left you, turn upon yourself
souls of my soul
tears of my tears
He not forget his tears.
He suffer too.
Don't fill shame cry as well pray.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
Clay,I am a child of God,so I am part of His church.
I'm not going to argue with you about it.
No one taught me about the trinity,I read the scriptures and can see the trinity.
I didn't mean to get into your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its funny, but Catholics acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. Its you guys who deny His work in us...
'We're not saved; we're not properly born again; we're pagan; we worship statues and Mary; our Pope is the anti Christ; we changed the Bible; we added books; we're all going to hell...'

I think its odd that you guys get ticked when I say "you're on the outside of the Church, looking in."

Or I point out the dilemma lifelong Protestant Ministers face when shown the truth in Catholicism.
And BTW, I was relaying the testimonials I've read from former ministers who've came into the Catholic Church... the agony they dealt with concerning their careers and the congregations they've built up. The lifelong friends they lost due to their conversion. The ridicule from family. Its tough. I wouldn't want to face that decision. Many just embrace ignorance and continue on with their life.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Roman Catholicism
----------
The bishops, with the Pope as their head, rule the universal Church.
----------
God has entrusted revelation to the bishops.
----------
The Pope is infallible in his teaching.
----------
Scripture and Tradition together are the Word of God.
----------
Mary is the co-redeemer, for she participated with Christ in the painful act of redemption.
----------
Mary is the co-mediator, to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions.
----------
Initial justification is by means of baptism.
----------
Adults must prepare for justification through faith and good works.
----------
Grace is merited by good works.
----------
Salvation is attained by cooperating with grace through faith, good works, and participation in the sacraments.
----------
No one can know if he will attain to eternal life.
----------
The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation.
----------
Christ's body and blood exist wholly and entirely in every fragment of consecrated bread and wine in every Roman Catholic church around the world.
----------
The sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated in the Sacrifice of the Mass.
----------
Each sacrifice of the Mass appeases God's wrath against sin.
----------
The sacrificial work of redemption is continually carried out through the sacrifice of the Mass.
----------
I can't believe you really think all that stuff is true.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,I know of many ministers that are faithful to God and are not ashamed to preach His word.
diddo. I've met very noble Ministers who love Christ and will get their reward someday.
I can't consider the ones who stand at the pulpit knowingly spreading slander about us, to be in that group...
I don't picture Preston doing that. But I picture Confrint doing it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to get into your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its funny, but Catholics acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. Its you guys who deny His work in us...
'We're not saved; we're not properly born again; we're pagan; we worship statues and Mary; our Pope is the anti Christ; we changed the Bible; we added books; we're all going to hell...'
I think its odd that you guys get ticked when I say "you're on the outside of the Church, looking in."
Or I point out the dilemma lifelong Protestant Ministers face when shown the truth in Catholicism.
And BTW, I was relaying the testimonials I've read from former ministers who've came into the Catholic Church... the agony they dealt with concerning their careers and the congregations they've built up. The lifelong friends they lost due to their conversion. The ridicule from family. Its tough. I wouldn't want to face that decision. Many just embrace ignorance and continue on with their life.
Catholics claim the church Christ built is the Roman Catholic Church.

That never happened..The RCC is a denomination (A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)

Christ did not build any denomination...He established Christianity.

Quote:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

History shows Emperor Constantine founded this cult some 300 years after Christ ascended into Heaven. The foundation for this cult is paganism...

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics claim the church Christ built is the Roman Catholic Church.
That never happened..The RCC is a denomination (A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)
Christ did not build any denomination...He established Christianity.
Quote:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
church: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.
History shows Emperor Constantine founded this cult some 300 years after Christ ascended into Heaven. The foundation for this cult is paganism...
Oxbow, glad you pointed that out; you are so right. The RCC is NOT any more special than any other branch of Christianity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

A letter written by Ignatius of Antioch to Christians in Smyrna around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 8).

By Catholic Church Ignatius designated the universal church. Ignatius considered that certain heretics of his time, who disavowed that Jesus was a material being who actually suffered and died, saying instead that "he only seemed to suffer" (Smyrnaeans, 2), were not really Christians.

The term is also used in the Martyrdom of Polycarp in 155 and in the Muratorian fragment, about 177 .
In summary: Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both).

Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catholics...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" and the"catechism" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..

Men, not Christ, founded the catholic denomination.....(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow, glad you pointed that out; you are so right. The RCC is NOT any more special than any other branch of Christianity.
Nor are the Protestant denominations!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Overview:
The Roman Catholic church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican.

The Roman Catholic church unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine but he still worshipped the sun god.

Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reins of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood Pontifex Maximus a title which the popes would inherit. The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church Summus Pontifex (Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops).
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Oxbow, we are made through Jesus that makes Him the Creator! Blessings all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

marge wrote:
Oxbow, we are made through Jesus that makes Him the Creator! Blessings all.
Where, in the Bible, are you reading this teaching??? So far, I have not found it...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Who first make free woman's?
Jesus
Why you think you are better?
Jesus have two recommendation.
He lift up his voice and cry
in your hand i recommend my soul.

He recommend his Mother too.. to his Apostol John.

He not forget his tears.

Why you against mothers and woman's?

Who don't liked mother ..they don't liked Son?!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have video of Ignatius being led to the Lions by the Roman Emperor or Clement being thrown into the ocean tied to an anchor...
What proof do you want?
my idea of proof involving ancient history would be two or more accounts of what history you are posting,and being recorded by people who witnessed the event,but do not know that it is being written down by others.uncorrupt writing,meaning they never got together and formulated their stories to be accurate but written slightly different from one another.that is my idea of corrobborated factual proof.
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

What does the Vatican know about "truth," from history to the present day it is obsessed with power, influence, prestige, oppulent wealth. The children who were molested by the pedo priests know more about "truth" than these pseudo-intellectual, morally bankrupt blowhards ever will.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>is this complete? nothing left out? or is this just part of the catechism?
Link to all of it.

It's indexed.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is the head of a state? what state?
Vatican City is a sovreign state.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••