Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,442
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417891 Jan 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>is this complete? nothing left out? or is this just part of the catechism?
Link to all of it.

It's indexed.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417892 Jan 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is the head of a state? what state?
Vatican City is a sovreign state.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417893 Jan 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Diplomatic immunity is a form of legal immunity and a policy held between governments that ensures that diplomats are given safe passage in all countries. the pope does not qualify,he was given immunity by a vote in the united nations,and they should revoke it so he can be brought back here and stand trial.
The Pope has diplomatic immunity. He's a head of state.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417894 Jan 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
"but since the Pope is involved witht he cover-up, and all his subordinates are as well"
Total fabrication without merit.
Prove that I am wrong or keep to your Self.
You move.
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
I made the statement, but you think it is a fabrication. That would now place the onus on you to prove I am wrong.
Besides, I already provided documentation that show I am correct.
Live with it Anthony.
Go hug a pedophile priest if it makes you feel better, but don't tell them where you got teh document from, because it is supposed to be "Confidential" and "eyes only" - per the Vatican.
What a loser.
Demanding people make your own argument for you?

Playing the scandal card?

Name calling?

Looks like Anthony hit a nerve on your"Self".

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417895 Jan 24, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>NOT
However next time someone decides to Stroke your Ego I have founf you a two for one special at Wal- Greens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jby0I-zLj9cXX
Lord have mercy 7th,what in the world is wrong with you.

That was very nasty.I wish now I hadn't clicked on that link.
Clay

United States

#417896 Jan 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
A letter written by Ignatius of Antioch to Christians in Smyrna around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrnaeans, 8).
By Catholic Church Ignatius designated the universal church. Ignatius considered that certain heretics of his time, who disavowed that Jesus was a material being who actually suffered and died, saying instead that "he only seemed to suffer" (Smyrnaeans, 2), were not really Christians.
The term is also used in the Martyrdom of Polycarp in 155 and in the Muratorian fragment, about 177 .
In summary: Christ found His church (Christian communities of members on earth or saints in heaven or both).
Today we refer to that as Christianity...which identifies denominations that follow His teachings...which excludes the Catholics...they teach from "traditions" and the "magnastiurm" and the"catechism" which they freely admit are not based on Scripture..
Men, not Christ, founded the catholic denomination.....(Denomination : A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.)
You've done enough damage to our Holy Bible. Now you want to venture into our writings from the Apostolic Fathers?

Location hidden

#417897 Jan 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Whaddabouit....Full of Love?????
I really thought, for a minute, you asked me for an honest and frank answer, because you were genuinely interested in the truth.
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Does this verse say Christ is God and God is Christ?
Is there something about my question you don't understand??
I went to bed Oxbow,that is why I hadn't answeed you.

I wasn't feeling too good last night.

Oxbow,I am not going to argue with you about this.

I have posted scripture after scripture showing that the Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh.

The whole Old Testament points to Christ.

He was the cloud that the children followed in the dessert.

He was the burning bush.

He was the Rock that moses struck.

The Holy Bible say's that No man can see God and live.

By being manifest in the flesh,we could see Him.

If what you believe is true,then please explain to me how it is that both God and Jesus is the First and the Last.
The Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 2:8
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;

These things saith >>the first and the last,
>>>which was dead,
>>>and is alive.

Did God die????

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was,

>>>>>and which is to come, >>>>the Almighty.

22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last

Please explain these verses.

That is all I ask.

I may not be here tonight because we are under an ice storm watch and if it hits,we will lose our power.

I look forward to your answer to my question.

Location hidden

#417898 Jan 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to get into your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Its funny, but Catholics acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit throughout the world. Its you guys who deny His work in us...
'We're not saved; we're not properly born again; we're pagan; we worship statues and Mary; our Pope is the anti Christ; we changed the Bible; we added books; we're all going to hell...'
I think its odd that you guys get ticked when I say "you're on the outside of the Church, looking in."
Or I point out the dilemma lifelong Protestant Ministers face when shown the truth in Catholicism.
And BTW, I was relaying the testimonials I've read from former ministers who've came into the Catholic Church... the agony they dealt with concerning their careers and the congregations they've built up. The lifelong friends they lost due to their conversion. The ridicule from family. Its tough. I wouldn't want to face that decision. Many just embrace ignorance and continue on with their life.
Clay,I would never say that you all are going to hell.
That's not my place to do such a thing.

God know's all our hearts,He is our judge.

Location hidden

#417899 Jan 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where, in the Bible, are you reading this teaching??? So far, I have not found it...
John 1 KJV
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,

>>>>and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
RCC Superiority -- BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417900 Jan 24, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope has diplomatic immunity. He's a head of state.
That is true. It has been used many times in the past 10 years.

The question is:

Is this power "from God" being used for high moral purposes and to save souls?

Dan, this is the question you can't face. Humanity has heard all of the spin -- "we thought we were doing the right thing" etc...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#417901 Jan 24, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Opening Mass National Prayer Vigil for Life
Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Washington, D.C.
http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/c.osJRKVPB...
http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activitie...
http://www.catholictv.com/National-Prayer-Vig...
Not to be disrespectful, but what are more prayers going to do?

...Religious people have prayed BILLIONS of prayers already for years regarding abortion and nothing has changed. Why?

You want to help? Start a committee with others and start adopting these kids instead of just talking about them.

Why are there more people today interested in "dog rescue" than child rescue?

A new form of action is needed. Talking/praying will change nothing.

Melbourne, FL

#417902 Jan 24, 2013
From the bearer of God's Perfect Teachings.....

"We thought we were doing the morally right thing."

Even after decades of evidence, the RCC still "thought they were doing the morally right thing."

The morally right thing .... for whom?

Perfect teachings on morals = 99% looking after your own reputation and people, and maybe 1% for the victims?

Amazing how "religion" can blind people to morality.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417903 Jan 24, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you really think all that stuff is true.
Sharlayne, I don't I posted that; then Posted what the bible truly says .:)

Melbourne, FL

#417904 Jan 24, 2013

More RCC spin = more comedy club material...

because 95% of humanity just doesn't understand morality.

lol

Melbourne, FL

#417905 Jan 24, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be disrespectful, but what are more prayers going to do?
...Religious people have prayed BILLIONS of prayers already for years regarding abortion and nothing has changed. Why?
You want to help? Start a committee with others and start adopting these kids instead of just talking about them.
A new form of action is needed. Talking/praying will change nothing.
Question of the day:

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417906 Jan 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've done enough damage to our Holy Bible. Now you want to venture into our writings from the Apostolic Fathers?
Your Holy Bible???? Wow Clay
God gave His Holy Word to the world.
The catholic church isn't the whole world.
I dare say God would have Entrusted your church,
with his Holy Word.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417907 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;
You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
You know this dear little soul is sing to Jesus.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417908 Jan 24, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
Yeah me either, or they didn't bother listening to it 7th.
out of their dislike of me.
Clay

United States

#417909 Jan 24, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,I would never say that you all are going to hell.
That's not my place to do such a thing.
God know's all our hearts,He is our judge.
I appreciate that. Unfortunately you're one of the few you'd state it.
Catholics aren't 'saved' according to common Evangelical thought. Therefore we're destined for hell.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#417910 Jan 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Preston what you said is very true, I had a hard time trying to figure out why I didn't fit into this world, I never was suppose to. God had other plans for me.
When I was born again, it was like someone turned the world right side up.
And that is true of the Apostles in the first century,they turned the world upside down,we know that being changed by the LORD through His Son,and in the power of the Holy Spirit,makes that difference that we can turn the world upside down as well.Christians are suffering for the Lord in many countries,martyrs are being sent to the Lord daily,and the countries where Christians suffer persecution are going through upheavals.The Christians are salt and light,we are making a difference.

I like what Preston posted that you responded to,it is about conversion,and not to a church,but to HIM who died at Calvary.The church is the creation,not the CREATOR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 14 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web