Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,133)

Showing posts 402,641 - 402,660 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You called the Liturgy of the Eucharist a 'ritual'. Any other 'ritual' which purports to be the Lord's supper is, well yes, heretical.
Only in your eyes.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I did catch it, and I don't agree it to be a fumble at all.
Self.
<quoted text>
You are right, it isn't, but understanding the mechanisms of why we do things, through a true in-depth search (meditation and prayer) of our actions (works), we can learn and become better people toward others and in 'faith', hope to make positive changes in the world around us. It also allows one to begin to see the things in the world that can be appreciated, and appreciate what they do for us and us for them.
Self.
<quoted text>
I agree.
<quoted text>
I disagree. A person can have the best results when understanding all the negative aspects as well. If they refuse to acknowledge and seek out the correct information, then they really can't assume anything, because they don't know if it is true or not.
Saying something is true without accurate details or information to validate it factually is, is a ruse not only to yourself, but also to others. "One should not stop seeking.(Jesus)"
<quoted text>
In what regard?
Lots of things are given and taken away, that have no relevance on salvation. You are thinking of only things in the material world.
Material issues and things have no bearing in a spiritual realm, if and when salvation occurs. According to Jesus, we feel no pain, harm, or other "demons" that we are apportioned to in this world.
<quoted text>
Only to those who think they "know" the inner workings of "God", which I may add, was given to you by men ("Job").
Self.
NASL

"Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise, If one is given the opportunity to assume, then it is better to assume, than to know(because one may know incorrectly.)"

NASL replied:

"I disagree. A person can have the best results when understanding all the negative aspects as well. If they refuse to acknowledge and seek out the correct information, then they really can't assume anything, because they don't know if it is true or not."

It is better to act on an assumption, than to act on something incorrect.

This may be where we disagree. You would rather continue in acting on a known incorrect,(hoping to accumulate enough negatives, that eventually a positive will be found).

(I think it goes to the foundation of Gnosticism in that it unites self with all things.)

Two wrongs don't make a right....Continuing in sin, one does not eventually come to the end, and make a conclusion that there is a righteous act.

Instead one may be given, or make the assumption that one is doing a righteous act, that may be proven righteous or sinful.

This leaves room for the mind to become enlightened, rather than declaring the mind is enlightened, when in fact it is operating on an incorrect known(That is darkness.).
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans and cornbread are a staple down here.
Like most down here,I was raised on them.
Of course,fried taters is also a must.
I remember putting ketchup in my beans when I was a youngin.
Also,chow chow is good with them.
Would that be Dog Chow by chance ?......lol........
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>beans,sauerkraut,sausa ges?? get the tums and keep the window open after that combination rotflmao.
Lord have Mercy !!!!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Opening Mass National Prayer Vigil for Life

Thursday, 6:30 p.m.

Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Washington, D.C.

http://www.nationalshrine.com/site/c.osJRKVPB...

http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activitie...

http://www.catholictv.com/National-Prayer-Vig...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>where is down here?love cornbread myself,not good though for sauce slopping,best cornbread i ever had was when i was out in indianapolis, went to a park where an old fashion mill still operated, bought some and it was the best,bought two 5lb bags of cornmeal and brought it home with me...what is chow chow???
Down here in the mountains of East Tennessee.

There is a mill close to where we live.It's the best.

Chow chow is a pickled relish made of different veggies.

Some are made with cabbage or corn,green tomatoes,etc.

My Mamaw made it and it was really good.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt wish to argue with clay either,sometimes it is necessary to take a stand. God has lots of Good ministers that have no tint of scandal in their lives.
even tho I dont particularly care for Graham, there has never been a scandal in his life, and there are many more "career ministers" that are just as faithful to God or even more so.
and like you, I know that I belong to the King of Kings, the Lord and Master of my Soul. I know that I am Saved and I know that God has Called me into His Ministry of Preaching the Good News about Jesus Christ, and I am not ashamed of that role that I play in His Kingdom
I agree,I know of many ministers that are faithful to God and are not ashamed to preach His word.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Roman Catholicism

----------
The bishops, with the Pope as their head, rule the universal Church.

----------
God has entrusted revelation to the bishops.

----------
The Pope is infallible in his teaching.

----------
Scripture and Tradition together are the Word of God.

----------
Mary is the co-redeemer, for she participated with Christ in the painful act of redemption.

----------
Mary is the co-mediator, to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions.

----------
Initial justification is by means of baptism.

----------
Adults must prepare for justification through faith and good works.

----------
Grace is merited by good works.

----------
Salvation is attained by cooperating with grace through faith, good works, and participation in the sacraments.

----------
No one can know if he will attain to eternal life.

----------
The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation.

----------
Christ's body and blood exist wholly and entirely in every fragment of consecrated bread and wine in every Roman Catholic church around the world.

----------
The sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated in the Sacrifice of the Mass.

----------
Each sacrifice of the Mass appeases God's wrath against sin.

----------
The sacrificial work of redemption is continually carried out through the sacrifice of the Mass.

----------
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Biblical Teaching

----------
Christ, the head of the body, rules the universal church (Colossians 1:18).

----------
God has entrusted revelation to the saints (Jude 3).

----------
God alone is infallible (Numbers 23:19; Acts 17:11).

----------
Scripture alone is the Word of God (John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Mark 7:1-13).

----------
Christ alone is the Redeemer, for He alone suffered and died for sin (1 Peter 1:18,19).

----------
Christ Jesus is the one mediator to whom we can entrust all our cares and petitions (1 Timothy 2:5; John 14:13,14; 1 Peter 5:7).

----------
Justification is by faith alone (Romans 3:28).

----------
God justifies ungodly sinners who believe (Romans 4:5). Good works are the result of salvation, not the cause (Ephesians 2:8-10).

----------
Grace is a free gift (Romans 11:6).

----------
Salvation is attained by grace through faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:10).

----------
The believer can know that he has eternal life by the Word of God and the testimony of the Holy Spirit who indwells believers(1 John 5:13; Romans 8:16).

----------
There is salvation in no one but the Lord Jesus Christ,“for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved”(Acts 4:12).

----------
The bread and wine are symbols of the body and blood of Christ, and He is bodily present in heaven (1 Corinthians 11:23-25; Hebrews 10:12,13).

----------
The sacrifice of the cross is finished (John 19:30).

----------
The once-for-all sacrifice of the cross fully appeased God's wrath against sin (Hebrews 10:12-18).

----------
The sacrificial work of redemption was finished when Christ gave His life for us on the cross (Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 1:3).

----------

These doctrines don't date back all the way to Constantine, except for perhaps in seed form, but were slowly adopted over many years as various popes issued decrees. In many cases, the doctrines are not even based on Scripture, but on a document of the church. Most Roman Catholics consider themselves to be Christians and are unaware of the differences between their beliefs and the Bible. Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church has fostered that ignorance by discouraging the personal study of the Bible and making the people reliant on the priests for their understanding of the Bible.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn was educated at the conservative, evangelical Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
I was going to mention that too.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to mention that too.
judas started on the Right Road too.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;

You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is the head of a state? what state?
Thanks to Saint Mussolini, the Vatican is an independent state.

Consider the source and see how that status is used.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
A beautiful angel with a dreadful aging disease sweetly sings praises to JESUS. &#9829;
You have to hear her message of love & happiness!
http://www.godvine.com/Girl-with-Progeria-Sin...
Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Can not imagine the heartless people who gave the above post negative judgies.
you are a good one to talk.

you and 4bdn have done that to my posts for months.lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have neither the authority nor the intellectual ability to decide who teaches per scripture and who doesn't.
You should stick with being a student. You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.
~~~

YOU WROTE

You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.

SEZ YOU...

AND BY WHAT AUTHORITY TO YOU JUDGE HER...

SHE HAS THE LEADERSHIP, GUIDANCE... OF THE HOLY GHOST....

QUESTION...

How can you.... that denies the authenticity of the scripture ...
WHICH THE HOLY GHOST INSPIRED make such a declaration.

Your belief is based upon CONJECTURE AND FABLES...pre-scriptural conjecture that is nothing more than hearsay, with nothing from the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT TO VALIDATE BACK IT UP.

YOU CHURCH DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY OR A FRANCHISE ON THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY GHOST...

NO ONE HAS..

BUT EVERY HONEST SEEKER... THAT IS BORN AGAIN ...OF THE SPIRIT ...HAS THIS PROMISE FROM JESUS...

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro_17:19 He loveth transgression that loveth strife: and he that exalteth his gate seeketh destruction.

Pro_18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.

Pro_18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.

Pro_21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn was educated at the conservative, evangelical Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Being raised as a Protestant, Scott Hahn admits that he had been "hoodwinked, deceived and falsely misled by the "bible only" indoctrination that everything "must be in the bible" in order for it to be true. The fact is that "nowhere" in the bible does it say this and "nowhere" in the bible did Jesus (ever say) that the bible is the only source of truth. In fact, the bible says "just the opposite it 1 Tim 3:15 where Paul calls the Church (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The Greek word for Church, here is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heirarchical, authoritative Church,(not an ivisible ethereal body of believers, loosely connect in faith in the bible alone. The New Testament in Acts 2, confirms Pauls writings about Jesus Christs authoritative, visible, heirarchical Church, beginning in Antioch with His Apostles as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons. This "ridiculous" bible only Protestant distortion, denying the truth of what the bible says, and denying what Paul "clearly says about Jesus Christs authoritative "visible Church, is a "typical bible only "fabricated Protestant deceptive lie". "Re-writing and changing the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History (as well as) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible by "making up things" is called "Scrape the bottom"--(desperation Protestantism)
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

universal voodoo cult
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>you are a good one to talk.
you and 4bdn have done that to my posts for months.lol
NOT

However next time someone decides to Stroke your Ego I have founf you a two for one special at Wal- Greens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Very precious describe
''weed seed''
your embryo nobody have from my family i hope in future too..
Do you liked me because of that i am not care?

Now according smart diploma as Jesus call Scribe Pharisee and this and that others need suffer.

In future will be miracle like never before.
They will tell who is better then us where is God?!
Then suddenly something happen.

I hope its will be one cooking bread from all of you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 402,641 - 402,660 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••