Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,581 - 402,600 of 537,234 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

no
don't be a liar
not yet see light there
its frozen and snow is there
not yet any light
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
you can't be liar

my friend Sime need pray
if i see where he walk
and he doing
not yet
there not yet any light..its frozen everywhere..

How i fill..i don't fill any cold not at all.

I wrote before about when took me up near huge huge big fire ball as Sun..i been close but did not fill any burning or hot.

I did not fill hot or any cold.

Where is frozen blue I see my friend Sime..he is alive
he is helper there he say he know many body frozen will come.

When new Sun come all soul as well body will be alive.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,Thank you Truth.
And please keep praying.
He is now in Phili at the cancer center of Amrica.
They did a scan on him there and the cancer is not in his liver.
It is in his pancreas and lymphnodes.
They had to wait to get his sugar down first.
The cancer in his pancreas caused his sugar to go really high.
Thank you for your concern.
Thank you for the up date FOL.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, in these trying times.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Hahn is only the tip of the iceberg Pad. The number of highly educated converts from the evangelical ranks is stunning.
"The way to destruction is B R O A D,and many there be that are on it."The truth of the fact is that Roman Catholicism is what they are converting to,and they are singing its praises,and are comfortable in their so called reasoning to promote a system rather than to seek to build the Body of Christ.You consider your church alone to be the Body of Christ which sets you apart from the rest of us,and that will be the stumbling block that divides us,IT will take Christ alone to heal that division,perhaps the humble from all factions will be able with His help to destroy the stumbling blocks.But the truth also is that in His presence,our differences will be of no value or concern.

Those who convert to Roman Catholicism promote that,there is NOTHING that makes Christ is any clearer or anymore WHO He has proven Himself to be to all believers no matter what their affiliation is.

Christ is the fulfillment of WHAT is of the kingdom of the Father,not a religious system such as Roman Catholicsm,or Orthodoxy,or Anglicanism,or anyother affiliation.To SEE Christ is to love all who belong to Him,no respecter of persons.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I pray for my friend Sime..he say many frozen body still arrive.
Are you for sure I am wrong?
All of us not yet past away.
My friend Sime is alone..he is helper with frozen body.
hej Sime ..how you know..he replay he know many frozen body will come.

I will pray friend Sime.
He is not be prayer.
He show to me what they doing.

its frozen blue..Sun not yet come there..
pray for my friend Sime..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.
Under the false banner of Scripture alone, you're all right. In fact, you can't argue with Catholicism either.
I am curious Ox...how would you define your religion? I don't know of any Protestant denominations that do not believe in the Trinity.
----------
Its not about a religion Clay it is about faith in God.
Religion's will save no one. The false banner of scripture only.
So what did your church fathers get their great knowledge of what Jesus taught if they didn't believe the Bible.
You can't change what is written in the word of God's Holy Scripture.
But what is passed around orally can change many times all depends on who is telling it.
You think the Holy Scriptures are false too bad Clay, because you are calling God a liar.
His written word isn't good enough,instead of trusting what God said you rather trust what sinful men say to you.
What is preach orally, must match up with the Holy Scriptures.
The catholic oral teachings do not.
You have neither the authority nor the intellectual ability to decide who teaches per scripture and who doesn't.

You should stick with being a student. You're not ready, may not ever be ready to be a teacher of scripture.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

BIG mistake in my post:"Those who convert to Roman Catholicism promote that, there is NOTHING that makes Christ is any clearer or anymore WHO He has proven Himself to be to all believers no matter what their affiliation is."

BAD sentence on my part I am sorry for this mistake.To focus on what I meant is that those who convert to Roman Catholicism only promote that system,trying to convey that they are in full communion with Christ through the RCC.But the fact is Christ has nothing to do with respect to one facet of Christianity,but His Body is in the whole,and He is full,and complete in every believer who embraces Him and follows Him to their death.

Christ proves with His presence Love and fellowship in every believer,Who and what He is to accomplish His will in and through them the Vessels of His Love.

Joining the RCC does not make you anymore better a believer than watching Martial Arts on TV makes you a practitioner of Martial Combative Arts.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Scott Hahn by the way dear Catholics was not an Evangelical minister,he was a PRESBYTERIAN minister.And his church has been in a liberal sea of opinion and activities long before Scott Hahn was even born.Scott Hahn was educated in a liberal Presbyterian Seminary, attending schools of liberal academia,receiving his degrees under a liberal theology.
Presbyterianism is steeped in a liberal/Calvinistic theology to date,and in Scott's years the same.Some of the most liberal politicians of our day who became Democrats,and some even Republicans are Presbyterians who question the Virgin Birth,and for the most part give lip service to Jesus being God,they think of His sonship to God as being no more that any man on earth being a son of God.
The only Evangelical Presbyterians can be found in the deep sounth,or with the Westminister confession that upholds John Knox,they are a minority.Scott Hahn was from the main stream Presbyterians.Yes he is a brilliant man,and now at least he gives truth to who Jesus really is,and he seeks to serve Christ,but his claiming that he is evangelical or was to use that as fuel to refute Evangelicals at large is blurred by his true heritage with liberal theology in Presbyterianism.
He was a Minister at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Fairfax, VA

Are you saying this Church questioned the Trinity??

Scott Hahn and his wife Kimberly claim they were former EVANGELICAL Presbyterians.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
for it is written,
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
>>>and him only<<< shalt thou serve.
Oxbow,can you answer this for me?
Why did the Wisemen worship Jesus when they seen Him?
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and >>>>>worshipped him:
and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
They came to do him homage.

There was, at this time, a prevalent expectation that some remarkable personage was about to appear in Judea. The Jews were anxiously looking for the coming of the Messiah. By computing the time mentioned by Daniel,(Da 9:25-27,) they knew that the period was approaching when the Messiah should appear.

MESSIAH is the designation given by the Hebrews, eminently, to that Savior and Deliverer whom they expected, and who was promised to them by all the prophets. As the holy unction was given to kings, priests, and prophets, by describing the promised Savior of the world under the name of Christ, Anointed, or Messiah, it was sufficiently evidenced that the qualities of king, prophet, and high priest would eminently center in him, and that he should exercise them not only over the Jews but over all mankind, and particularly over those who should receive him as their Savior.

Josephus also, and Philo, two Jewish historians, make mention of the same expectation. The fact that such a person was expected is clearly attested. Under this expectation these wise men came to do him homage, and inquired anxiously where he was born?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Catholics are unwilling to realize that Evangelical congregations were formed to confront the Liberal factions in Protestantism,and to ensure the better way of following Christ through Scripture and a holy sought life.
The founders of Methodism the Wesley brothers(John and Charles) would role in their graves seeing Methodism today.
John Knox would plead with God to let him go from the grave and confront the Presbyterian church of today.
Congregationalists were becoming liberal even when they formed in this country in the early 1700s.The Reformer churches faced problems in their theology as early as the 1600s,and the first Great Awakening brought to light in this country and in England the fallacy of viewing Jesus as just a reformer and a political activist,rather than the Son of God who completely changes the whole thinking of human beings in relation to the Kingdom of the Father.
Presbyterianism was the first of the great reformer churches that went by the wayside of liberal whitewashed ideology and theology.It is because Calvinism at its roots is in error,and even though there were great Presbyterians who did in fact love Christ,their theology concerning the Predestination of a believer and selective divine appointment for salvation could not hold the foundation of truth to sustain the evangelical move to make disciples of all Nations who would FOLLOW Christ to the death.
We know full well as well, that the World Council of Churches promoted and spread Liberation Theology,which even Communist regimes could use to try and destroy the core of Christianity that was evangelical based.
I don't think you realize how difficult it is to keep track of all the different non-catholic Christian groups.
Even more so, its impossible to keep track of the doctrinal mess.
Just look at this board in the last 24 hrs and see how chaotic protestantism is.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"The way to destruction is B R O A D,and many there be that are on it."The truth of the fact is that Roman Catholicism is what they are converting to,and they are singing its praises,and are comfortable in their so called reasoning to promote a system rather than to seek to build the Body of Christ.You consider your church alone to be the Body of Christ which sets you apart from the rest of us,and that will be the stumbling block that divides us,IT will take Christ alone to heal that division,perhaps the humble from all factions will be able with His help to destroy the stumbling blocks.But the truth also is that in His presence,our differences will be of no value or concern.
Those who convert to Roman Catholicism promote that,there is NOTHING that makes Christ is any clearer or anymore WHO He has proven Himself to be to all believers no matter what their affiliation is.
Christ is the fulfillment of WHAT is of the kingdom of the Father,not a religious system such as Roman Catholicsm,or Orthodoxy,or Anglicanism,or anyother affiliation.To SEE Christ is to love all who belong to Him,no respecter of persons.
"Those who convert to Roman Catholicism promote that,there is NOTHING that makes Christ is any clearer or anymore WHO He has proven Himself to be to all believers no matter what their affiliation is."

Not sure what you're saying here Pad. Almost every high profile, low profile, educated, non-educated, pastor, preacher, writer, etc. evangelical has explained their reason for converting as one of discovering the fullness of Christ in the Eucharist and in the teaching of His Church. Very few make it an opportunity to bash evangelicalism, if fact, the only time I ever see them go after evangelicals is when they're defending against attacks by their former groups.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

we catholic believe in all Christian unity
everyone who pray in his name..
na vjerovanje=i believe

svijetlo bozije
daru lijepi
sidji s bozijeg krila dol
um prosvitli
volju krijepi
lijeci duse
tesku bol..

jacaj u nas
vjeru svetu
koju donije svijetu
svaki da to djeluje
sto u srcu vjeruje
slozi glas duso moja
pjevajte mu usta moja
koji je nad zvijezdama
sve sto bijese i sve sto je
sve je puno slave tvoje
sve te dici i slavi
oce vjerne ljubavi
krv i tijelo
tvoga sina
neizmjerne cijene dar
stavlja tebi na oltar.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
BIG mistake in my post:"Those who convert to Roman Catholicism promote that, there is NOTHING that makes Christ is any clearer or anymore WHO He has proven Himself to be to all believers no matter what their affiliation is."
BAD sentence on my part I am sorry for this mistake.To focus on what I meant is that those who convert to Roman Catholicism only promote that system,trying to convey that they are in full communion with Christ through the RCC.But the fact is Christ has nothing to do with respect to one facet of Christianity,but His Body is in the whole,and He is full,and complete in every believer who embraces Him and follows Him to their death.
Christ proves with His presence Love and fellowship in every believer,Who and what He is to accomplish His will in and through them the Vessels of His Love.
Joining the RCC does not make you anymore better a believer than watching Martial Arts on TV makes you a practitioner of Martial Combative Arts.
"Joining the RCC does not make you anymore better a believer than watching Martial Arts on TV makes you a practitioner of Martial Combative Arts."

Being able to partake of the Bread of Life and the Cup of Salvation is reason enough for most converts.
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I think they enjoy the alter boys the most.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

i see my friend Sime
we did not know that he past away..
oh my friend Sime is been ortodox
he not pray
i know that

ej sime
who lift me up see my friend Sime
he is some
he have long hair as well bear
is that Sime you
oh i did not be scare
did i
noo why should be after all
how you become scare
why i don't see any reason
if god lift me up see
then how i become scare
from whom
its not make my heart scare not at all
then
how god make you scare

people is wrong
lips believers say
you need be scare from god
nooooooo
god not make you scare not at all
then you not love god

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
What makes you think these words (or any other like them) were God's words? You don't even know the true authors. That's one reason I'm so skeptical.
good point sherlayne,nothing can be varified as to who wrote what,some say moses wrote the first 5 books others say the first seven,which is it? how do we know jesus was not the writer? just because his name is not used doesn't mean he did not write any of the stories,like the first book,no one was on earth till adam,so who wrote the entire first book and how accurate is it?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuk, I like my beans in the oven with sausages and melt old cheese on top with a side order of sauerkraut, home made bread rolls.
beans,sauerkraut,sausages?? get the tums and keep the window open after that combination rotflmao.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Church fathers were killed by the Roman Empire Jethro.
you think the Church fathers thought they would always be protected by them?
can you show me proof of that? real honest proof,not some catholic website made up story??
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Why you think you are holy and holiest saints with your diploma?

pihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't make me cry!

I am still alive.

Did you died?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
You all are outside of the Church anyway. So it really doesn't matter what you think of sacred scripture.

New Age writes:

The arrogance of Catholicism.

Please define the so-called "Church".

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Beans and cornbread are a staple down here.
Like most down here,I was raised on them.
Of course,fried taters is also a must.
I remember putting ketchup in my beans when I was a youngin.
Also,chow chow is good with them.
where is down here?love cornbread myself,not good though for sauce slopping,best cornbread i ever had was when i was out in indianapolis, went to a park where an old fashion mill still operated, bought some and it was the best,bought two 5lb bags of cornmeal and brought it home with me...what is chow chow???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••