Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,461 - 402,480 of 539,563 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#417666 Jan 22, 2013
you not explain fully weed seed..

Please could you explain
seal on hand and seal on head..

Which seal is right?
seal on hand
or
seal on head

Which one belong to real Creator?

Which one belong to deceiver?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417667 Jan 22, 2013
659 649 581
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can show you. People already have showed you tonight. So what? You reject it anyway. You been brainwashed into thinking the New Testament books are all there is concerning Jesus Christ. Scripture alone is your faith. It was never taught by Christ or any of His Apostles...nor anyone else in Christianity until the 16th century but oh well.. you made your bed now sleep in it.
There is a Commandment that says: Thou shalt not lie. You have broken this Commandment.

You have not, because you cannot, show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that??????
truth

Perth, Australia

#417668 Jan 22, 2013
Hand ''N''..look stamp on your hand belong to whom?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417669 Jan 22, 2013
663
marge wrote:
sorry Oxbow, do you worship Jesus at all?
I have responded to that question already...or one that is worded differently, but has the same meaning...
Clay

United States

#417670 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
651 601
<quoted text>
So....you cannot show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that?????
The word Trinity is not found in the Bible.(either is the word Bible)

People who accept the Holy Trinity dogma, accept the teaching Magistrium of the Roman Catholic Church, who infallibly taught it.

You're right Ox... based on private interpretations and sola scripture, no one can refute you.'Jesus and God as one', is not explicitly spelled out in scripture. Based on wording alone,'Son of God' as a separate being, makes more sense if you're reading from a neutral standpoint or outside of the Church.
So the real argument is: is scripture alone all that Christ revealed?
If you can show Jesus instituted a Bible as the source of His ministry, then you might have an argument.

...but you would need to show 'private interpretations' as His will too

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417671 Jan 22, 2013
665
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there two Gods?
I will not respond to such an utterly asinine question....
truth

Perth, Australia

#417672 Jan 22, 2013
Why deceiver liked deceive mind?
Is head where they control mind for deceiver or Real Creator?
Why God as Creator need be as deceiver?
Did Creator need that from you?
Is that deceiver way.. satanic way this or that..
I say to you fallen is always fallen..yessss.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417673 Jan 22, 2013
670
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The word Trinity is not found in the Bible.(either is the word Bible)
People who accept the Holy Trinity dogma, accept the teaching Magistrium of the Roman Catholic Church, who infallibly taught it.
You're right Ox... based on private interpretations and sola scripture, no one can refute you.'Jesus and God as one', is not explicitly spelled out in scripture. Based on wording alone,'Son of God' as a separate being, makes more sense if you're reading from a neutral standpoint or outside of the Church.
So the real argument is: is scripture alone all that Christ revealed?
If you can show Jesus instituted a Bible as the source of His ministry, then you might have an argument.
...but you would need to show 'private interpretations' as His will too
651 601

So....you cannot show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that?????
truth

Perth, Australia

#417674 Jan 22, 2013
We as Catholic confess we believe on the end in unity all Saints Angels Marty Archangels and Christians.

Seal of Creator stay on your hand.
Clay

United States

#417675 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
659 649 581
<quoted text>
There is a Commandment that says: Thou shalt not lie. You have broken this Commandment.
You have not, because you cannot, show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that??????
I CAN show you from scripture. In fact, I have in the past.
So what? You reject it. You already know the verses I'll use too. You're prepared with counter verses to refute it. Its all in your memory; in your holster you use for Bible verse warfare.
This is the catastrophe of sola scripture.
Clay

United States

#417676 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
670
<quoted text>
651 601
So....you cannot show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that?????
Because you are on the outside of His Church, in the wilderness of Sola Scripture. You are a nomad...trying to navigate Christianity with your own personal take on the Catholic Bible.
marge

Ames, IA

#417677 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No Marge, I did not know that.
Who's interpretations do You use?
I was Saved in my home 2005, I trust Him alone for All my understanding period.

And my husband first told me I was not right with God, so I thank God for him and many others who edify me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417678 Jan 22, 2013
676
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are on the outside of His Church, in the wilderness of Sola Scripture. You are a nomad...trying to navigate Christianity with your own personal take on the Catholic Bible.
670 651 601
So....you cannot show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that?????

Why are you not answering my question "why is that"????
Clay

United States

#417679 Jan 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Saved in my home 2005, I trust Him alone for All my understanding period.
And my husband first told me I was not right with God, so I thank God for him and many others who edify me.
That's a good thing Marge. Most 'born agains' I've come across come from a rock bottom scenario.

Christ will pick anybody up out of the gutter..that's what He does!
You've experienced partial Catholicism Marge. Once you partake in the Holy Eucharist, you'll have experienced the fullness of His graces bestowed upon us.
Clay

United States

#417680 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
676
<quoted text>
670 651 601
So....you cannot show me the Holy Trinity with God being Christ and Christ being God....why is that?????
Why are you not answering my question "why is that"????
Because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.(thought I made that clear)
marge

Ames, IA

#417681 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
651
<quoted text>
As soon as I can figure out what you are trying to say, I will respond...
Everything was made through Jesus, why?
Clay

United States

#417682 Jan 22, 2013
Ox, you need to prove Sola Scripture first. If you can prove that, you will have a case.
marge

Ames, IA

#417683 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good thing Marge. Most 'born agains' I've come across come from a rock bottom scenario.
Christ will pick anybody up out of the gutter..that's what He does!
You've experienced partial Catholicism Marge. Once you partake in the Holy Eucharist, you'll have experienced the fullness of His graces bestowed upon us.
I was about dead and called to God alone and was Saved through Jesus alone, so wrong again I have complete Fulness in Christ Jesus. Blessings Clay
marge

Ames, IA

#417684 Jan 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
Ox, you need to prove Sola Scripture first. If you can prove that, you will have a case.
What are we judged by if not the Word of God?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417685 Jan 22, 2013
680
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because its not explicitly spelled out in scripture.(thought I made that clear)

676 670 651 601

You are not making sense....you and others have "quoted" scripture after Scripture that you all say shows that God is Christ...and Christ is God.

Yet you cannot show me that teaching as being correct per the Holy Trinity, not because it is not explicitly spelled out in Scripture, but because that teaching is as wrong as sin and cannot be supported by the Holy Trinity...which includes onlythe Father, Son and Holy Spirit.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 14 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 14 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 15 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••