Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
402,401 - 402,420 of 537,128 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>a woman provides an egg in the birth of a child. the Man provides the seed.
since this was a woman who was a virgin, and no man was involved, then it must be inferred that God produced the sperm(seed), and we know this wasnt done.
the ONLY way this could be done was as I have said numerous times was that God placed an embryo in her womb. since the zygote takes on the DNA of both man and woman,but sometimes there are two eggs released and then twins are born.
but in this instance, only one egg would be involved, but in my opinion this never occurred. I believe an embryo was placed in her womb by God and this developed into the Christ Child
30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for you have found grace with God. 31 Behold you shall conceive in your womb and shall bring forth a son: and you shall call his name Jesus.

Mary could not 'conceive in her womb' if God had placed an embryo her womb. You are sadly mistaken here Preston.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>a woman provides an egg in the birth of a child. the Man provides the seed.
since this was a woman who was a virgin, and no man was involved, then it must be inferred that God produced the sperm(seed), and we know this wasnt done.
the ONLY way this could be done was as I have said numerous times was that God placed an embryo in her womb. since the zygote takes on the DNA of both man and woman,but sometimes there are two eggs released and then twins are born.
but in this instance, only one egg would be involved, but in my opinion this never occurred. I believe an embryo was placed in her womb by God and this developed into the Christ Child
Strictly a Therory same as my opinion. However it is neither her nor there, The fact remains salvations only comes by Christ.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not mean to imply Mary had twins. I was referring to God him self spliting as an embroy would and by nature becoming two from one. Both having the same spirit of turth.
7th, that isn't what the Bible says.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do believe that too. Preston.
If it was not God split as an embryo would (just an example) then he could not have been the Alpha and Omega ?
Is that true ? Just asking.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>every step you take is a false step.Dan.lol. I was 12 miles from the church when God spoke to me and told me to "come".
it is a shame that all you are doing is mocking the Work of the Holy Spirit.AND YOU DONT EVEN REALIZE IT.
I'm actually mocking the ever-changing circumstances of your born-again story.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
7th, that isn't what the Bible says.
Never said it was LTM. It is a THEORY based on what we know about conception.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
He say's he uses the KJV,as do I.
Tend to him?
Dear Dan,
that is just what I have been doing.
Well, he's interpeting it differently and is insistent in his conclusion.

He's using the same source and the same method you are.

Who's right?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
30 And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for you have found grace with God. 31 Behold you shall conceive in your womb and shall bring forth a son: and you shall call his name Jesus.
Mary could not 'conceive in her womb' if God had placed an embryo her womb. You are sadly mistaken here Preston.
What?
Have you heard that humans can do it?
God can not?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>If it was not God split as an embryo would (just an example) then he could not have been the Alpha and Omega ?
Is that true ? Just asking.
you are correct, it is the embyro that splits making the twins, not an egg. but that embryo was Jesus, the Alpha and the Omega, and didnt split into Two entities as God the father and God the Son.
He was always the Son, even as the embryo, just as He was jesus , the burning bush, as well as the Rock that moses strucked

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's interpeting it differently and is insistent in his conclusion.
He's using the same source and the same method you are.
Who's right?
I believe what God's Holy Word say's is right.

God was manifest in the flesh.

manifest
3.( tr ) to show plainly; reveal or display: to manifest great emotion
4.( tr ) to prove beyond doubt
5.( intr )(of a disembodied spirit) to appear in visible form
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>If we are made in his Image would make sence that God would be able to split as an embreyo would and being concieved by Mary's egg. Or at least a Y chromozone by God himself.
It is possible for god to do all things but the bible doesn't say that the egg split in two .
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Have you heard that humans can do it?
God can not?
The angel Gabriel told her she would conceive in her womb. God can do anything, but why would He send an angel to tell her one thing and then do something else?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually mocking the ever-changing circumstances of your born-again story.
sorry, Dan, but my Testimony will never change, but sometimes I give a litle more infomation as to what occurred on 8/25/82 when I got Saved around 9:00 that Wed. evening. early that day, I did what I shouldnt have done(not going to say more about that), and later that evening, I was really under conviction and I cried out to God these words."Lord what must I do?" and He answered and said "Come". and so Igot in my car and drove 12 miles to the litle church that my mom attended. I walked in and started to go to the altar but I couldnt, and the Lord told me to set down. then Tommie came back and told me how much God loved me(and i already knew that), and when he walked back up to the front, My mom looked back and saw me and came back and said words to this efect. "come, and give your life to the Lord" and that moment, I was free to go to the altar, and I did, and there the lord saved me.. that was over 30 years ago, and it is as fresh in my mind today as it was back then.and around a year and a half later, God Called me to Preach.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The angel Gabriel told her she would conceive in her womb. God can do anything, but why would He send an angel to tell her one thing and then do something else?
here is a description of the word conceive.

to cause to begin : originate

placing the embryo in her womb starts teh beginning of the word making Flesh.

again, you can not have God having intercourse with Mary. He is spirit, she is Flesh, therefore it stands to reason, that He accomplished more than just fertilizing an egg.

an egg in and of itself can not produce life, BUT an embryo will produce life as we know it.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And she did conceive as the agel said. How did God change anything?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Never said it was LTM. It is a THEORY based on what we know about conception.
Ok, that is good.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

lets remember that God can do all things.

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

in the world you will have trouble..

they can transform you in anything..

Are you for sure Jesus Christ words is not perfect?
You live in the world where is trouble..Earth as planet is just like that.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is a description of the word conceive.
to cause to begin : originate
placing the embryo in her womb starts teh beginning of the word making Flesh.
again, you can not have God having intercourse with Mary. He is spirit, she is Flesh, therefore it stands to reason, that He accomplished more than just fertilizing an egg.
an egg in and of itself can not produce life, BUT an embryo will produce life as we know it.
An embryo does not produce life......it already IS life.
Life begins at the moment of fertilization.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••