Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683996 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Longlac, Canada

#417762 Jan 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
Thank you for your thoughfulness...
Kay Marie has been in the hospital (in the heart center) for over a week now.
I have been driving 78 miles a day (up and back )to be with her.
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
(because of the two mechanical valves in her heart) and
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She has received several units of blood...because of internal bleeding.
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
Confrinting, I am sorry to hear about KM, please give her my love.
I will be praying for her and you. God Bless you both

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417763 Jan 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I already said that the Church doesn't create saints, rather recognizes them.
How many times do I have to post it, LTM?
if the pope is the vicar of christ like they believe,why can't the church create saints? because maybe it's a falsehood?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417764 Jan 23, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
FOL, I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for you and your brother. How is he doing?
Oh,Thank you Truth.
And please keep praying.

He is now in Phili at the cancer center of Amrica.

They did a scan on him there and the cancer is not in his liver.

It is in his pancreas and lymphnodes.

They had to wait to get his sugar down first.

The cancer in his pancreas caused his sugar to go really high.

Thank you for your concern.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#417765 Jan 23, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>who you were talking to doesnt matter, the FACT was that you insulted "career ministers" in which I happen to be.
SO I SHOWED YOU TO LOOK AT YOUR OWN DOGHOUSE BEFORE YOU START BARKING ON OTHERS.
and as far as catholics going to hell, you choose that path, not me for you. Jesus said "except ye repent, ye shall ALL perish". with that repentance, comes a Born Again Experience, and that doesnt mean eating a piece of grain every week.
and just to let you know, there is more ammo that can be used against your church than you could ever find against mine. so remember that the next time you wish to speak out against "career ministers" that are Protestants. I am not a Baptist so any dirt that you find on them is their problem, and even that dirt doesnt mean that all Baptists are guilty of any sexual crime of rapine against little boys.
and how YOU or any other person could stay in a church like that is beyond me and God.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.STAY THERE AND SEE ,WHEN YOU PASS OVER, IF HE RECEIVES YOU.
well I didn't mean to insult you.

Again, you just reiterated that I'm going to hell though.
Or... I chose my own path to hell. Same thing.

I'm not meeting the criteria that the 'born agains' teach according to their interpretations of sacred Scripture. I'm not properly saved.

Lets compare are jabs:

I pointed out the struggle Evangelical Ministers have in seeing Catholicism because they'd need to basically, give up their lifestyle. They would face ridicule from family and friends if they joined the Catholic Church. Its career suicide! I feel for anyone standing at that crossroad. I read testimonials from some that crossed over. A good book is "Rome Sweet Home" by Dr. Hahn - a former anti catholic Evangelical Minister.
But Preston, if you truly think you have the scriptural knowledge and can teach infallibly on it, then have at it. I can't see God condemning you for preaching what you believe to be the absolute truth. I'm not trying to get in the way of your conscience.

Your Jab:

I'm not saved. I'm going to hell and I chose this path...
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417766 Jan 23, 2013
then what you see
i see man who took me for my hand
i trust in you Jesus
then
bring me here in this city where nothing exist
i walk i call everyone
no no no nobody weak up nobody talk
dead body everywhere
whats happen with this people i say
first i been so frozen
i can't speak
then after second time i see i can move i can talk but whom
nobody alive

then
now which minister will save us
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
shut up
you evil people..i am sick of you all
you not listening

then go
where you put your fuck off monument
is that shame
not from meeeeeeee
i don't give any dollar for that monument not at all..
calculated all symbols
then
call me sick as well mental
or kill me
i am not care any more

i just care
for my prayers
i will cry and pray on my way
i know Jesus you will come
they calculated with symbol of them
i will pray and fill with my soul too..

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417767 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Constantine this Constantine that all my life from neighbors and certain relatives.
Bottom line: Catholicism was the same before him and after. He did not alter Catholic teachings because he had no authority to do so.
You guys see certain Pagan dates being the same as Catholic dates...like Christmas, and you automatically assume the Church combined them to have a dual observance or something. Baloney.
The Church stamped out those wicked Pagan celebrations with Christianity. It was a victory for Christ.
Someone said that Constantine established Sunday and changed the Sabbath. Baloney. The Church always observed Sunday.
And I don't know what 'Pagan symbols' you mean.
The wedding ring? Do You know the wedding ring on your finger came from Paganism?
all catholic dates match those of paganism,and one of their biggest gods the sun,is worshipped on the 25th and jesus just happened to be born on the very same day? joke right?not the wedding ring but the cross is also from the pagan religion.the church stamped out pagan celebrations and took the same dates for their own purpose.everything about the church is a lie,why else would they change their beliefs so much?

Location hidden

#417768 Jan 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i know,it has been pointed out to me allready,i prefer a nice bread,something that holds together more when wet over corn bread with my bean soup,beans are like eggs,you can do so many different things with them,their good for you, and you can have them 7 days a week and use seven different recipes.unfortunately i don't get to enjoy them as much because g/f is not a big fan of beans,except with hotdogs.and she puts ketchup in her beans "yuck".
Beans and cornbread are a staple down here.

Like most down here,I was raised on them.

Of course,fried taters is also a must.

I remember putting ketchup in my beans when I was a youngin.

Also,chow chow is good with them.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417769 Jan 23, 2013
life going stop on this planet

who will be save
pray that you can died before happen

sweet dream
sweet soul
who will save you all

we know one day all of us will go as body into direct death..but soul..did you see where all soul stay frozen?
Did any planet exist with frozen soul?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417770 Jan 23, 2013
"Why the Catholic Church is the Only True Christian Church"!

It is becoming less and less popular these days to consider the term 'Christian' to mean Catholics, or even the numerous Protestant denominations. When someone says that he or she is 'Christian,' they are generally referring to Fundamentalism. Fundamentalism, however, is based primarily on the teachings of Paul, rather than Jesus; and those who adhere to it merely "pick and choose" specific lines and passages which will uphold their erroneous beliefs, leaving out or misinterpreting anything which is not convenient to their stand.

Fundamentalists routinely dismiss the Catholic Church in such contemptuous terms as "the whore of Babylon," and attempt to grant it unsavory status by likening it to an equally-contemptuous term, "Judaizers." To briefly note the correlations between the two, Fundamentalists have great negativity toward such aspects as Priests, Altars, Holy Water, Dietary Regulations, the bread/wafers, and keeping the Ten Commandments. In other words, the Catholic Church following the same precepts as the Jewish religion which Jesus lived, is something which Fundamentalists point at as "wrong." Teaching that Jesus, and belief in Jesus, represents the irrelevance of the Old Testament, Fundamentalists dismiss one of the most important precepts which Catholics adhere to:
Matthew 5:17-19 says "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

The subject of what constitutes "salvation" is one of the most significant dividers. As Fundamentalists fully believe that once one has "accepted Christ as one's personal savior" that one individual act constitutes being "saved," they are dismissing everything that is clearly written in black and white, clearly stating that that is not so. With that belief, Fundamentalists take extreme exception to much of what the Catholic Church is based upon-- they do not believe in the sacraments, even the Eucharist and confession are scorned. Nothing past the act of being "saved" is considered relevant.

As is written in Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." This is only one passage which is given to mean that one's actions are indeed relevant. What is the will of God? One can begin that answer with the Commandments. One can continue answering by recalling the words of Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In those words alone one cannot deny the importance of how one lives one's life. Those who have given themselves to the Catholic Church, either as its leaders or followers, know this. And one need look no further than the eighth Beatitude to understand. The question you can ask yourself is are you a Fundamentalist, or are you a true Christian?

Location hidden

#417771 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
```
Something fell on her foot and broke two toes on Christmas Eve...Infection set in immediately.
Being on blood thinner
poor circulation to her foot (which the doctor attempted to open up the arteries in her leg) it has created a difficult situation .
She certainly needs the prayers of those that care and believe in God's healing power.
My thought's and prayers are with her GIF.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#417772 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>
```
Being on blood thinner
Please tell her that she is in my thoughts and prayers.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417773 Jan 23, 2013
big frozen planet
when new sun come
all of you will be alive
i start talk
ejjjjjjjj youuuuuuuuuuuu
what you doing
i waithing and i know all of them come here
where
in this frozen state
pardon planet
yessssssssssss
how you know man
i know all of you
will come here
many many many place
is that your home
where you have many room
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppp
which clor
blue
are you for sure is that planet i see its looks as around but not river
as well not any sun as i can see that time
i remember i walk there
where
on that place where you put frozen soul
Are you for sure its blue?
yes i am i see that i speak one man he guarding there he help put you all there..
where?
its as big blue ball as planet

Is that your house with many rooms?
Did i speak with proper man?
who

its frozen..its bring me see
that place
Are you joking?
no

I am still alive?

When new Sun come all soul will be alive!!!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#417774 Jan 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear the same thing from non-Catholics too.
How do you know those fundamentalists are in heaven?
Honesty again plays an important part here.
You do realize this, right?
Although you bring out a good point here,the fact remains that by faith we believe along with seeing the proof of changed lives in the process.We know by reason of witness as to what directly comes from the Spirit Himself in regards to our lives.When I was pretty much enslaved by my desires,I found the answer in seeking God's way out of my own prison.I became distraught over the fact that I could not change,even though I tried to.But with the Lord's help and reading the Word,over a course of time,change came,and God only knows what could have been had I not changed for the better.

As for praying to those beyond the grave and so on.I personally believe that the change from the corruptible to the incorruptible has not happened as far as who enters the Kingdom of God.ONLY Christ is in His resurrected Body sitting at the right hand of His Father in heaven.

Nevertheless,most Christians believe that our spirits go directly to be with the Lord after we die,although our body with the soul remains asleep in the grave.Our spirit is the first to leave the person,and enters the realm of glory with God and His Angels,along with the myriad of others who have gone on before no doubt.

The communicating with the saints as the RCC and also the Orthodox believe,does not bother me personally,as I realize that as spirits they are with the Lord and can communicate their requests to HIM.As far as knowing that God has made them saints,that was estableished in the Scriptures.The fact that saints are canonized by the RCC does not make the individual who is with the Lord any less or more a saint in that realm with the LORD.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417775 Jan 23, 2013
Is that our lovely hojo pojo..yes yes yes it is
holy holy holy hojo..

you not tell me hojo

who bring me there
where
i see all body is frozen
its bue
as huge planet
but everything blue hojo
yep

ej my lovly friend
did you waithing me there
he show to me
i find my one friend there he is ortodox
what you doing here i say to him
i am helping put all there
i know they will come
aaa just like that
you are my lovely Simo
Are you died?
no you are not
you are helper
you guarding all this soul
yes he replay

oh i don't know how i return here in this condition
i don't know who took me there see all this things..
but i see Sime is alive
he is not been prayer no
but he is there as helper
he guarding all of you
make for sure put you in every room
where..where is blue frozen planet

When new Sun come all soul will be alive?

Who took me there?.. i don't know..but i see..i walk and speak..who bring me back..i don't know..but i know that i am alive and wrote what i see.

Everybody not say O lord..then who show to me which Lord..then why i am still alive!!!

When new Sun come all soul will be alive..i see my friend Sime is there he is alive and someone employ him there as guardian..Sime is Orthodox but he never pray i don't know how he come there..must be Mercy of God stay upon him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417776 Jan 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may?
Clay,I am a child of God,so I am part of His church.
I'm not going to argue with you about it.
No one taught me about the trinity,I read the scriptures and can see the trinity.
You are confused by men. No where in the Bible has the word Trinity expressing what you state, although you will READ INTO many passages to bring you to this conclusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

"The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology (though not about the Divine Trinity) was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170. He wrote:[10][11]

"In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [&#932;&#961;&#953 ;&#940;&#948;&#959 ;&#962;], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man."[12]

Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early 3rd century, is credited with using the words "Trinity",[13] "person" and "substance"[14] to explain that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are "one in essenceónot one in Person".[15]

About a century later, in 325, the First Council of Nicaea established the doctrine of the Trinity as orthodoxy and adopted the Nicene Creed, which described Christ as "God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father"."
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#417777 Jan 23, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>No, It was a shame to see you and reg talk about me and my opine like you did, and then clay speak abour career Ministers and such. I took your advice a couple of months ago and pulled the fangs from my voice, but I am NOT ABOUT to allow anyone to mock me and my testimoney.
as I told you, the word {conceive} means to start something, it doesnt have to mean that God had intercourse with Mary. it is when her pregnancy [originated}, nothing more can be added to that.
God placing an embryo in her womb, doesnt take away anything from her carrying that embyro to fruition.
Like I said, I know more about what I am talking about than you and reg searching the web for two years would ever know.. My wife, a very intelligent person didnt marry me for my looks, she liked the fact that my brain was in overdrive.
I know you've toned it down Preston and I appreciate your effort. Your personal testimony is just that, personal, and sharing it here in this particular forum, even though you believe it with all your heart, doesn't necessairly have the effect you desire, especially when compared to sharing it with someone in person. That's all I'm going to say about that.

But your views on the Blessed Virgin are wrong. And they are insulting. And they are totally unbiblical. And in light of the fact that you take so much pride in standing up for the written Word, I think it diminishes your reputation as such. I wish you would stop.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417778 Jan 23, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the Messiah who we have known as Jesus, Son of the Godhead or 'trinity'.
as we read...
John 1:1-3,10,11 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not.
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
Amen......what else need be said???
Pad

Fishers, IN

#417779 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
well I didn't mean to insult you.
Again, you just reiterated that I'm going to hell though.
Or... I chose my own path to hell. Same thing.
I'm not meeting the criteria that the 'born agains' teach according to their interpretations of sacred Scripture. I'm not properly saved.
Lets compare are jabs:
I pointed out the struggle Evangelical Ministers have in seeing Catholicism because they'd need to basically, give up their lifestyle. They would face ridicule from family and friends if they joined the Catholic Church. Its career suicide! I feel for anyone standing at that crossroad. I read testimonials from some that crossed over. A good book is "Rome Sweet Home" by Dr. Hahn - a former anti catholic Evangelical Minister.
But Preston, if you truly think you have the scriptural knowledge and can teach infallibly on it, then have at it. I can't see God condemning you for preaching what you believe to be the absolute truth. I'm not trying to get in the way of your conscience.
Your Jab:
I'm not saved. I'm going to hell and I chose this path...
Dr. Scott Hahn by the way dear Catholics was not an Evangelical minister,he was a PRESBYTERIAN minister.And his church has been in a liberal sea of opinion and activities long before Scott Hahn was even born.Scott Hahn was educated in a liberal Presbyterian Seminary, attending schools of liberal academia,receiving his degrees under a liberal theology.

Presbyterianism is steeped in a liberal/Calvinistic theology to date,and in Scott's years the same.Some of the most liberal politicians of our day who became Democrats,and some even Republicans are Presbyterians who question the Virgin Birth,and for the most part give lip service to Jesus being God,they think of His sonship to God as being no more that any man on earth being a son of God.

The only Evangelical Presbyterians can be found in the deep sounth,or with the Westminister confession that upholds John Knox,they are a minority.Scott Hahn was from the main stream Presbyterians.Yes he is a brilliant man,and now at least he gives truth to who Jesus really is,and he seeks to serve Christ,but his claiming that he is evangelical or was to use that as fuel to refute Evangelicals at large is blurred by his true heritage with liberal theology in Presbyterianism.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417780 Jan 23, 2013
my lovly friend Sime is ortodox my countryman
i don't think so he pray as i pray
but i see not him any more must he past away
who say that to me????????
no no no my lovely friend is alive
did i see good
yes i see
Sime walking and talking with me..where on big huge frozen blue planet..how i come there i don't know?
How i come back i don't know?!
I see my lovely Sime as friend walk and talk with me and say he is helper he know they will more come..who?
i see frozen dead body many many many..ej Sime how you know..he replay i know..

I am still alive.
Why i been there i don't know..who bring me there see i don't know..who bring me back..i don't know..but i know Sime is Orthodox who never pray but he is alive yes he is helper..he still looks as some.

When new Sun come all soul as well body will be alive.
Catholic Pedos

Toronto, Canada

#417781 Jan 23, 2013
You Catholics are enabling child molestors, you are lower than vermin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Tue misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web