Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 647079 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

socci

Willard, MO

#417691 Jan 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
It is not spelled out in Scripture, explicitly or otherwise... that is why you cannot support your belief that God is Christ and that Christ is God, by applying that belief to the Holy Trinity.

Christ is the Messiah who we have known as Jesus, Son of the Godhead or 'trinity'.

as we read...

John 1:1-3,10,11 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came to his own, and his own received him not.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Heb 1:1,2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Rv.22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last...I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
socci

Willard, MO

#417692 Jan 23, 2013
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.

16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.

20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:
preston

Athens, OH

#417693 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
I love Protestants and all other non Catholics as well.
But what a horrible doctrinal mess you're all In; completely clueless.
Very notable Evangelical Ministers are crossing over to the Catholic Church. They see the mess they are in.(Google it)
The ones that are refusing to come home to Rome are 'career Ministers'. That is, they can't leave their careers as pastors so they'd rather be ignorant and continue on teaching falsely. Its a damn shame.
sorry, butclay I am not in the least cluelessnor ignorant.

I know more about the embryo that God placed into the womb of Mary, than you cathplics can fathom.

and if you catholics would get off of your high horse by thinking that you got the truth when in reality, you people are the ignorant ones.

36 hours after I was saved, I was thirsty and God gave me to drink, His Spirit and by that Experience, I will never thirst again.

now to you that doesnt mean anything, but to a Born Again Christian, It DOES.

It means that I dont have to go looking for another type of Religion, I dont have to be wanting to know the truth, I already know Him, unlike you.I wouldnt switch to what you got for nothing in the world. when You possses the Real Truth, you will not be "thirsting" for something that would never satisfy a Christian. for you to think that we "ministers"are in this for a career is rediculous. Many of us do this for little or no salary, you cant say that about your catholic clergy whose avg startiong salary is around 20,000 with other perks.(saw that on the net a couple of days ago), such as housing free, auto ins and sopmetimes autos and mileage too.
I doubt if I have been given 200.00 in over 28 years, because I love the Lord and am grateful to Serve Him, and that is Payment enough, but you wouldnt understand that.
preston

Athens, OH

#417694 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doubting your experience with the Holy Spirit. Your assumption that you were 'saved' as a result is partially true. You were shown the way. Now you need to cooperate with his grace.
Look, I ahve tried my best to be nice to you and also friendly. but when all is said and done, the Truth must be spoken.

If you are so naive to thing that Serving God is going to a"so called church" and eating some piece of grain and then going home until next week and doing it again, is cooperating with His Grace.

you are going to be very surprised when you shut your eyes in death,and open them in aplace that you in your wildest imagination, could never vision.

and you aint gonna like it.

there is never an "assumption" to the person that gets saved, and that was what chuck was telling Dan all day earlier.when a person gets Saved, they Know it! and it wont take long for other people to "Know" it too. the Newborn Christian cant keep quiet, and it shows all over their countenance. when i first got saved, I walked into teh local VA service offic e and teh clerk look at me and said there was a glow about me. PEOPLE KNOW. a woman that I worked with had started going to church(I didnt know that in fact). and one Monday morning she walked in and I noticed something right off the bat, so i went over to her and she was Bubbling, she told me that she had got Saved and was Baptised Yesterday.

WE KNOW THAT WE ARE SAVED AND WE CAN TELL WHEN OTHERS ARE TOO, IT IS BECAUSE THE SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS AND FLOWS FROM BREAST TO BREAST
preston

Athens, OH

#417695 Jan 23, 2013
The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

here John is saying that He has seen the life and testify to it and about it.

and he cant keep quiet about it(being saved). I like that verse so much that I just might Preach on it tomorow night, Lord willing.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417696 Jan 23, 2013
Every spirit is not holy..all angels is not bigger then Real God.
You can experience miracle like never before
still is reminder
its not me
many will come in my name its not me..
Jesus Christ words is perfect.

if you save don't say others that you are because we know
all angels and demons will fall..
now
did you save..i don't think so ..
you are not god you are man..
by
preston

Athens, OH

#417697 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are on the outside of His Church, in the wilderness of Sola Scripture. You are a nomad...trying to navigate Christianity with your own personal take on the Catholic Bible.
I would rather be on the outside looking in than to be on teh inside of this "mess".

for years, your church hid and denied justice for abuse done by your clergy, now the Truth comes out.

LOS ANGELES (AP)— Prosecutors who have been stymied for years in their attempts to build a criminal conspiracy case against retired Los Angeles Archdiocese Cardinal Roger Mahony and other church leaders said Tuesday they will review newly released priest files for additional evidence.

Thousands of pages from the internal disciplinary files of 14 priests made public Monday show Mahony and other top aides maneuvered behind the scenes to shield molester priests and provide damage control for the church.

Some of the documents provide the strongest evidence to date that Mahony and another key official worked to protect a priest who revealed in therapy sessions that he had raped an 11-year-old boy and abused up to 17 boys.

Legal experts, however, said even if the documents contain new evidence, it will be almost impossible to prosecute because of problems with the statute of limitations. It's also unclear whether prosecutors, who received some documents via subpoena years ago, already have seen the files made public Monday.

The time window for prosecuting obstruction of justice is 10 years and for conspiracy, it's three years after the last overt criminal act, said Lawrence Rosenthal, a criminal law professor at Chapman University School of Law.

Yep!! you got the "true church" alright, and am I glad that I dont belong to it.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417698 Jan 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Man, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't in the court of Jethro's opinion.
We were successful in stopping Muslim advances at the Crusades....and you trash us for this.
Now, we haven't done anything in response to Muslims blowing up Churches (again), and you trash us...
don't think i responded to this,first,the muslims should not have been attacked in the first place,it was their land and the crusade was about taking their land away and killing the religion out right for superiorty in the religious world,needless sense fighting,like the other crusades.it was all about power and money,the catholic church wanted to dominate the religious world,luckily it did not happen,would be no different than living under nazi or communist rule.they believed in killing and torture to keep people in line,no different than hitler and stalin,who have killed millions,just like the church has.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#417699 Jan 23, 2013
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Oxbow,that was a witness of all three being one.
They are all tied into together.
Jesus,the Holy Spirit and God the Father.
Isaiah 45:18
For thus says the LORD that created the heavens; >>>God himself that formed the earth and made it; >>he has established it,
>>> he created it not in vain,
>>>he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else
Cross references;
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Oxbow,I have posted enough to show they are one.
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily
I don't know what else to tell you.
FOL, I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for you and your brother. How is he doing?

usa

#417700 Jan 23, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
ok i looked at the site,what is the point of it? to be funny? or what? i did read,things that jesus never said and that was to write a book and go forth an give to the people for them to read.that is correct he never said that,so the writers disobeyed him,but considering the complexity of religion,there is no way the apostles could remember every single teaching from christ,and just about every story in the bible is written, was allready written well before christianity came about,only difference is,names were changed,like the book of sumaria,you'll find the story of adam,only difference is the name,they used adamus,that is why constantine and his group removed it from the bible,and it is most likely the explanation why they burned so many books,to many stories simular to what they chose to put in the bible, a book of what i'd call of half truths,no book should of been destroyed and no book should of been left out,just because they felt the books were not of gods words they destryed them? how do they know what was devine and what was not?education was lacking big time back then,the books should of been left alone for future reference,as man evolved and became more intelligent,and the invention of the printing press would of put the books out further into the world where men of learning could of read them and interpreted them and got a more clearer picture of what really is true and what is not. because of the loss it leaves a lot of unanswerable questions.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417701 Jan 23, 2013
-first not to wish
no you are wrong man have desire to wish
now you are smart and posses every formula for your destruction..its not mean which religion you are..it is as it is..your desire is..i say to you this planet is as marble its not because of Muslim or Christan this or that..it is as it is..

now other planet is not better for multiply with your mirror and camera trough satellite
camera can be tamara as tama as darkness..because of that
3x heaven
i already told you two holy heart and one remind
how many multiply..many many in thousand thousand thousand thousand...
how much 1/8 from 24 hour
or 1/4 of 12
3 to 6 o'clock
now
complite picture
3x heaven control only one
is that all

Jesus Christ words is perfect
infinite

then who is greedy

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#417702 Jan 23, 2013
socci wrote:
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you.
16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
17:5 And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.
20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive you the Holy Ghost:
What makes you think these words (or any other like them) were God's words? You don't even know the true authors. That's one reason I'm so skeptical.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417703 Jan 23, 2013
why you complain Yewish leaders want destruction Muslim leaders want destruction Christians leaders want destruction as well non-Christians leaders want destruction..now because of that..tell me why you complain to me when all of you want and have wish to have what so ever..to renew face of earth is very powerful words as well weapons which all colors religion and non religion produce.
Who is wrong?

you are man not god
god madness is bigger then man with any talent..

usa

#417704 Jan 23, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
was looking over the papal chair and benny's outfit,why would there be two skulls on his outfit? for what purpose? and the chair,decorated with cherub faces and full body cherubs holding up the arms of the chair,i can see why they changed the commandment about carving graven immages"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below" who gave these men the right to change the commandments? certainly not god or jesus,that should be on your website "things jesus never said,change the commandments to suit your purpose".
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417705 Jan 23, 2013
Why you complain?
I see he took me for hand as his child broth me in this city where nothing exist..
why you complain all materialistic possession is mess as dust include body of man and woman animals bird fish tree flower and grass..
Why you complain?

you are not god you are man..

desire is to have or posses anything..
they teach you
your body is very weak
but within dusa= soul is strong..
socci

Willard, MO

#417706 Jan 23, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
What makes you think these words (or any other like them) were God's words? You don't even know the true authors. That's one reason I'm so skeptical.

It's the book of John who was recording the words of Jesus.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...

The so-called lost continent of Atlantis is what the gnostics call preflood earth.
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417707 Jan 23, 2013
Who is establish you on every river and every sea?

Who stay on every river and every sea..who describe about what?woman in purple stay on many water..

Why you stay near water?

Did your life depend of water?

spirit water light=life

please explain your life depend about what..?

your soul is depend about what..?

usa

#417708 Jan 23, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
For a pagan like you, you would believe all this.[LOL]
Maybe you should go back to Catholic School and try to learn the real Truth!!
They might have had other gods but not Divine!!! gods that could nothing for them.
Christ converts pagans!!
Michael there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD in The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p-6YdT1DEO8XX
is there only one god? gen.1:26 And God said, Let "us" make man in our image. who is he talking to? if there is only one god,and man was not around yet,was he talking to himself??
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417709 Jan 23, 2013
before antatis as well lemuria exist as high intelectual much more fast then today but wicket..its destroy..
we are less then half in entire universe
as intellect
they need us as subject to them
but i remind you
3x heaven
then

i zametni se bitka na nebu

i remind you
two loving heart one in remind
one up another down third as cross over but down
its as procent 003
how much you need with 3x heaven
144 000
144 000
144 000
3x
how much remind
x3

1000 years as human is one day with Jesus..
3000 years=3 days
i will recreated my church within 3 days
truth

Koondoola, Australia

#417710 Jan 23, 2013
i remind you
possessors is not Creator..

as well life is been before on this planet which is not old only 3000 years..

we been mislead so many times
liar from beginning

now
who is real liar air rail chu chu chu=wind
you not tell me about altar with 4 horns=how much old 3000 years

now you not explain
seal as creation over hand
and seal
over head
which one is real from real Creator

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Iamfree 10,170
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Thu South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web