Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,260
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417269 Jan 21, 2013
221 180 135
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
The Bible is not a book on logic, based on logic. And to jump from one scripture and then to another and presume you can do so, applying logic, is an intellectual pride.
The Bible has literal, figurative, and spiritual in natures with some overlapping....
No one can define God.
It is not a sin to try and understand God, rather to presume you can by logic.
I never said the Bible is a book on logic...nor that it is based on logic.

I never said anything about defining God..I never said one word about trying to understand God..nor did I say you could by using logic.

You are grasping at straws.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417270 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you F#*%in kidding me??
Pope John Paul comes back to Earth as the Anti Christ??
wow.
yea if I recall right that should go along with HoJo's belief..........rotflol

Location hidden

#417271 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Ditto my last post to you.
You look really foolish grasping at straws...
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417272 Jan 21, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is how they are spelling Yahweh. they have linguists that have "CORRECTED" THE HEBREW.lol.
An Introductory Study for SDAs on Separation
SDA Church: God’s Remnant Church or Part of Babylon Fallen?
Chronology of SDA Apostasy
We believe that Yahuwah's honest children will come out from the fallen (Babylonian) churches. They will gladly receive the truth and take their stand with the remnant, because Yahuwah does not want His people to partake of the corporate sins of the churches who have rejected His truth. This final warning of mercy is found in Revelation 18:1-5. We only care to be recognized by the King of Kings and be part of His church in heaven (Hebrews 12:22, 23). We find that neither Yahushua nor the apostles of the early church belonged to the organized church of that time.
We pray World's Last Chance encourages you to search your Bible to find out the truth.
To learn more, you are welcome to read About World’s Last Chance.
http://www.worldslastchance.com/about-us/back...
They have linguists?? Linguists who corrected the Hebrew??
LOL!!

Wow, so they're denying Christ and the Apostles, yet they're using the Bible? Which bible, that's the question. There is no remnant church. People will say anything to justify their apostasy. Unfortunately, they'll always find suckers who will go along with them. I'm laughing, but it's truly pitiful how many ignorant people there are in the world. That's always been the biggest obstacle since time began. Ignorance cannot be penetrated and is very dangerous.

Location hidden

#417273 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is from and based upon the decisions of men.
Are you a robot like hojo?
Not worthy of a response..

Location hidden

#417274 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW - I just refuted it.

Location hidden

#417275 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Other people who have mastery skills did the legwork for me -(thanks gents!)- why?
You are going off-topic.
preston

Waverly, OH

#417276 Jan 21, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Does it really matter what the date it was instituted ? You still miss the point it is not commanded to do so in the Bible.
show us where in the NT that we can find that Commandment given to the Christians.

I dont think that I have ever read it and take into consideration that Christians are not those jewish people that Moses brought the Laws to.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417277 Jan 21, 2013
YAWN !!!!

Look forward at seeing what the Hornet Nest I stirred up has to present in the MORNING..........ROTFLOL

Location hidden

#417278 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Untrue.
I pointed you to the earliest known bibles for you to confer and understand that their printing is much earlier and more likely to not have the scribal errors, changed information, or rewrites, that later editions, like the NABRE or the KJV have.
I don't praise anyone except our Father - you know, the Creator of All?
Please don't put words into my mouth as if I stated them. That is lying, misleading and some would say, bearing false witness against others.
Please go into the closet and pray for forgiveness.
Horse apples....you are crawfishing...

Location hidden

#417279 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Untrue again.
I slam your "God", because "He" is an abomination as per the ancient text.
You don't know much about your religion, huh?
Why do you limit your "God"?
You slamming God shows your true colors..go play with your ilk....
truth

Australia

#417280 Jan 21, 2013
where easy find truth ..heaven=neva eh
now

who is god today on heaven and earth..

describe correct
i look how fallen from sky, but not to be happy about that..then where is your name stay in Heaven..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

please explain that..
Where is your God?

Is your name there?

Who offering deference?

Who try give about what what is not belong to them as they know it is not?

Who pretend but they know they are not?

Location hidden

#417281 Jan 21, 2013
240 184
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
This is scripture;
1 Timothy 3 KJV
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
>>>>God was manifest in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit,
seen of angels,
preached unto the Gentiles,
believed on in the world,
received up into glory.
Oxbow,can't you see it?
It's not that complicated.
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......

Thank you....
preston

Waverly, OH

#417282 Jan 21, 2013
YAWN !!!!
Look forward at seeing what the Hornet Nest I stirred up has to present in the MORNING..........ROTFLOL
if it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, then it got to be a duck.

unless it is a vulture like you.lol.

no wonder you have tried to turn everyone against me, you knew that someday the truth would come out and expose you and your satanic cult, a fact that I have known it since you came on.lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417283 Jan 21, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>show us where in the NT that we can find that Commandment given to the Christians.
I dont think that I have ever read it and take into consideration that Christians are not those jewish people that Moses brought the Laws to.
Hit the bed Persy your fingers are not the only thing crooked your eyes must be crossed to <snicker>
truth

Australia

#417284 Jan 21, 2013
you need be as child within yourself..did you sold your soul?
to whom you play?!..
http://www.google.com.au/search...
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
preston

Waverly, OH

#417285 Jan 21, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>show us where in the NT that we can find that Commandment given to the Christians.
after I tried to pin him down, he took off like a"duck".lol
marge

Ames, IA

#417286 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
217 197
<quoted text>
I have never taken a survey of Christians' beliefs on the matter..And a survey would be unreliable....no way to prove their replies...
wow the hugest big dummy ever...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417287 Jan 21, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>if it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, then it got to be a duck.
unless it is a vulture like you.lol.
no wonder you have tried to turn everyone against me, you knew that someday the truth would come out and expose you and your satanic cult, a fact that I have known it since you came on.lol
Oh No here you go whistling that tune again. Poor little Persy the SDA, and all the other cults on here are trtying to turn everyone against me..........boo hoo, boooooooooooo,hoooooooooo will someone be my fried, boo hoooo Peanut will you be Percy's friend........
Clay

United States

#417288 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>Does it really matter what the date it was instituted ? You still miss the point it is not commanded to do so in the Bible.
Who's Bible??

And who gets to define the Christian Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,335
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 15 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 21 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE