Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,863
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#417175 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is it? Relating to God, characterizing God, or a deity???
Diety. Do you believe Jesus is divine? If so, how many "divine deities" are there?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417176 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can observe Saturday if you choose. But you wouldn't be a Christian, you'd be a Jew. Christians observe Sunday - the day the Lord rose.
The SDA cult emerged about a 150 yrs ago under some lady named Ellen White. She was successful in manipulating people to believe the previous 1,700 yrs of Christianity were in error because they observed Sunday. For some reason, she thought Christ didn't guide His people in truth and secretly waited to reveal His true ministry to her.
Oh yeah, Ellen also thought the Apocalypse was imminent after she read the Catholic book of Revelation.
Yea Boy that CATHOLIC BOOK of REVELATION is a tell all for sure. Has quite a bit to say about your Church as well. You need to read it sometime.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417177 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
PLAIN AND SIMPLE for you Rabbi.
Jesus never called himself "God", so why should you.
We've gone over all of this before.
You are in a very dense fog...it has entered your brain!!!!

I have been saying...over and over and over...based on Scripture.... Christ is not God....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417178 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You can observe Saturday if you choose. But you wouldn't be a Christian, you'd be a Jew. Christians observe Sunday - the day the Lord rose.
The SDA cult emerged about a 150 yrs ago under some lady named Ellen White. She was successful in manipulating people to believe the previous 1,700 yrs of Christianity were in error because they observed Sunday. For some reason, she thought Christ didn't guide His people in truth and secretly waited to reveal His true ministry to her.
Oh yeah, Ellen also thought the Apocalypse was imminent after she read the Catholic book of Revelation.
Thank you by the way. That is what I want to be a JEW one inwardly/spiritually. You do know our Saviour was a Jew do you not.

Romans 2:29.

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
marge

Ames, IA

#417179 Jan 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi 7th how is your weather, this is what we are looking forward to
right now it is 31% below zero
Wind chill warning in effect.
Tonight A few flurries ending early this evening then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries.
Becoming partly cloudy after midnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h. Low minus 27.
Wind chill minus 38. TuesdayA mix of sun and cloud.
Becoming sunny in the afternoon. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 27. Wind chill minus 41.
Same forcast here Ltm, minus the snow, burrrr!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417180 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question:
Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
Oxbow

A marriage is a vow shared by a man and a woman, like two oxen are yoked together to pull a plow. One cannot make a mold and put two oxen in it and melt them together. Marriage is not a mold into which two people are poured like a liquid or melted by fire together to make one person, by God. Breaking the vow is forbidden.

Location hidden

#417181 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you link to the Codex Sinaiticus.
Which is the earliest known bible in the hands of humans. The Codex Vaticanus is also fromt he 4th C.
Sianiaticus --
"The codex is an Alexandrian text-type manuscript written in the 4th century in uncial letters on parchment."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus
Vatcinus --
"It is written on 759 leaves of vellum in uncial letters and has been dated palaeographically to the 4th century"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Vaticanus
Circa 4th C.
KJV = circa 17th century.
Are you this ignorant of your religion?
Where did you learn to read the Greek language???

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417182 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???!!!!
Nothing to with the Chinese eggs, but it is what Jesus was referring to in "John".

One could also surmise that if Jesus "saw Satan fall from the heavens" ("Luke"), it could also mean he was in Spirit form as well, witnessing this event occurring.

Jesus spoke of the Spirit - and did so, in all he spoke of. Nothing more, nothing less. And surely nothing to do with him "paying for our sins".

He spoke of the Spirit and how it transcends this world.

What else don't you know, that I can enlighten you upon?

Albuquerque, NM

#417183 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question:
Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
Really?

Stop and re-read your questions?

Do you think anyone on this planet has the capability of "knowing what God can or cannot do"?

If you do, you are deluded, lying, and just downright ignorant.

Albuquerque, NM

#417184 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in a very dense fog...it has entered your brain!!!!
I have been saying...over and over and over...based on Scripture.... Christ is not God....
Then why did you reply in the manner you spoke to me?

"Christ is not God".

Then you are not "Christian" if you believe this.

Welcome to my world, Rabbi!

DOH!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#417185 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Greek languange studies - just bits and pieces throughout my years, why?

Location hidden

#417186 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Diety. Do you believe Jesus is divine? If so, how many "divine deities" are there?
I have already answered the first question.

I have no way of knowing how many divine deities are there. Consider:

Deities of all kinds, throughout history, have been sort by many to assist them and others in all walks of life. From time beginning Gods and Goddess were/are worshipped and honoured, believing that by honouring these divine beings by way of prayer, perhaps gifts and rituals answers would be found and all would be well once again with the sun rising once more. Perhaps a good harvest would be produced, or a hunt would go well, or the answers on how to cure a sick person would found etc. Divine Deities were, in both ancient times and now, sought for guidance, answers in this reality, along with answers to the great mysterious of the world or attaining enlightenment.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417187 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Emmanuel is a name of Christ....
God and Christ cannot be one: example: Christ is praying to His Father:
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
If God revelaed God as three distinct persons, then it is easily possible....All things are possible with God.

If one of the three distinct persons of God became a man, then a man may pray to God, and God may reveal His Will to the man.

Albuquerque, NM

#417188 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But this question seems to be veiled in a guise.....a guise to discredit me.

Lay it on me Rabbi - I know you want to.....

what does this questions have to do with the forum's title?

A: nothing.

Albuquerque, NM

#417189 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already answered the first question.
I have no way of knowing how many divine deities are there. Consider:
Deities of all kinds, throughout history, have been sort by many to assist them and others in all walks of life. From time beginning Gods and Goddess were/are worshipped and honoured, believing that by honouring these divine beings by way of prayer, perhaps gifts and rituals answers would be found and all would be well once again with the sun rising once more. Perhaps a good harvest would be produced, or a hunt would go well, or the answers on how to cure a sick person would found etc. Divine Deities were, in both ancient times and now, sought for guidance, answers in this reality, along with answers to the great mysterious of the world or attaining enlightenment.
Even after you post this, you still think your "God" is exclusive?

Interesting.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#417190 Jan 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Same forcast here Ltm, minus the snow, burrrr!
Hi Marge I think its like this everywhere.

But we Canadians are use to it, I remember going icefishing when it was below 50- minus. I was younger and didn't feel it as much as I have the last 2 years.
My age is showing LOL

Albuquerque, NM

#417191 Jan 21, 2013
What happened to all those other gods?

According to this ancient text, "God" was a mistake.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

What makes your "God" better than gods of previous ages?

A: Men told you that "He" is.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417192 Jan 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "only reason" that you Protestant "bible only buffoons" are on this Catholic Forum is to attack our personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic, PROVEN, AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIED for over 2000 years, both biblically and historically.---You came here (with vengeance) searching for Catholics to condemn, pass your personal opinionated judgement, hate and hostile "venom" against Jesus' ONLY True Church which was, is and will (always) be One Universal Catholic Church. The fact is that there is "not one Catholic" on this forum,(or ANYWHERE) that would "go searching" for a Protestant topix forum with the "one and only intent" of trying to attack the faith of Protestants. WHY?? Because there is "no need too"! We ALREADY have the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and of the words of Jesus HIMSELF--in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS One True Church and the TRUE WORDS of Jesus in the Eucharist __John 6:47-59 regarding His "true body" and "true blood". AGAIN---we already "have the TRUTH" and you Protestants have been "rejecting "the TRUTH"" over and over again,(using your own "personal appointed" Popes for over 500 years. We, as Catholics< already "KNOW, possess, and adhere to the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH, in and through Jesus Christ, in the Church that Our Lord (formed, and initiated) which is HIS One True Catholic Church. Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ (in and through His One True Church, you will (continue) to remain on the outside of the TRUTH "always looking in"!!!!!
The only way for Catholics to even think they refute the truth -- chant and attack all others.

Why are you in hated Protestant America instead of "spiritually superior" Catholic America to the south?

zzzzzzzzzzz

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417193 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes i do speak up if i see something posted that i really disagree with,isn't that what a forum like this is all about?? a statement was made,catholics (most on here) seem to be afraid to speak out about the church and it's statement,i have asked dozens of questions and i get no replies because people are afraid to reply,they are raised in a church that uses fear as a way of keeping people from speaking up,i expect you to deny that or a catholic diehard will,and i don't understand how people knowing full well what they have done can remain with a church that committed such a vile act?? especially families,the only reason is they are catholic in name only, but do not attend church services except on certain holidays,judging by the empty parking lots i see,that is what is happening,it's a shame, i honestly feel sorry for catholic people who seriously believed in what is suppose to be a holy institution,but it's own history tells you other wise,it is true history it is corrobborated by multiple sources including the church itself, that they are guilty of crimes the average "joe" or buisness would go to jail/be closed down for,IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE,no more holy diplomatic immunity,it's time people along with governments take a very close serious look into the church and it's actions,because they are deplorable,the true church of a god would no way behave in such a manner as the catholic church has,this fallibility talk is nonsense it's just an excuse the church uses to explain away the transgreations of it's priests to the popes.it is bull cookies,A true honest religious person who believes deeply in the one god theory would not sit back and allow the church to do what it has done in the past and anything that will be done in the future before it is disolved from the religious world.it will happen,not in our life time but it will eventually happen. the more people wake up to the truth the more they will leave or just stop going to church and just remain catholic in name only(which most are),ypou are not born catholic you are taught to be one,or be what ever your ancestors were,religions count on that,that is undeniable.AS i stated many times if a god existed it would be something you would know in your heart from the begining of your life,it would not have to be taught to you,it would be a feeling close to what your senses are like,and that does not happen,that is one of many reasons i have doubts about the one god theory....the world would be a better place if people including all religious groups actually practiced what they preach,you don't even have to be religious just treat people in the same manner you wished to be treated. is their a second life out there? no one knows the absolute truth,the only way that could happen is if the "god" appeared before the world for everyone to see.
Jethro,all we were discussing was soup beans and corn bread and sopping it up.

Location hidden

#417194 Jan 21, 2013
180 135
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
A marriage is a vow shared by a man and a woman, like two oxen are yoked together to pull a plow. One cannot make a mold and put two oxen in it and melt them together. Marriage is not a mold into which two people are poured like a liquid or melted by fire together to make one person, by God. Breaking the vow is forbidden.
The Scripture says...plain as day "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh."

However,we both know that they are not, literally, one flesh. You cannot face this truth, because, to do so, you would have to admit the same logic applies to "I and my Father are one".

I showed you the teaching on this matter by the Catholics....they teach Christ is the Incarnate Son of God....not God. I showed you that the pope approved NABRE, on Joh 10:30, does not teach that Christ is God. Several Scripture that shows God saying that Christ is His Son...etc etc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 2 hr Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 14 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web