Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,424
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#417146 Jan 21, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL) Maybe you should go back a little further in religious history than 2,000 years ago and learn about pagan trinities. Learn that the core belief of many man/gods was the same core beliefs that christianity teaches today.
...What Pagan beliefs shared with each other and with Christianity was not myths but religious ideas—basic notions about the shape of the universe, the existance and relevance of stars, the human soul and its eternal destiny, and about Gods and their powers and place in the universe. The Christian and Pagan myths are similar because they were made up to fit religious ideas that are very similar.
A thousand years before Jesus, pagan believers were practicing the very same customs and core beliefs that christianity copied from them 10 centuries later.
Heaven, hell, prophechies, trinities, baptisms, sacrificial meal

with a man/god, eternal salvation, god dying and returning, are all customs/traditions that were practiced long before Jesus was a twinkle in the eye of St Paul.
Christianity is NOT THE FIRST religion that had a trinity.
http://www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/pagan...
For a pagan like you, you would believe all this.[LOL]
Maybe you should go back to Catholic School and try to learn the real Truth!!

They might have had other gods but not Divine!!! gods that could nothing for them.

Christ converts pagans!!

Michael there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD in The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!!!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417147 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal folks who believed and accepted what the apostles taught, and normal folks, who if they rejected it, were cast out of the Church and called heretics unless they repented.
**yeah just what I said...normal folks like you and me.
Tell me how I'm wrong?
**you're a catholic
Cute.

According to your beliefs David Koresh is in heaven. No? Why not?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#417148 Jan 21, 2013
March for Life - Washington DC 1.25.13

:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jQhA B_VDU
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417149 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
According to your beliefs David Koresh is in heaven. No? Why not?
I don't know if he's in Heaven. If I had to say one way or the other I would say no. I really don't think you're sincere about wanting to know why but we both know why he's probably not so we'll leave it at that...k
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417150 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
According to your beliefs David Koresh is in heaven. No? Why not?
so we agree the saints Paul spoke of were folks like you and I so why aren't they on the catholic saint list?

Do you think someone who denies Christ 3 times is a better Christian than say a Christian of today?

**You ever told someone 3 times in a row you don't know Christ Tony??
Clay

United States

#417151 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"goofballs"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"Actual history"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"medieval wars"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"The FIRST was launched ..."
-
This concept of *first* means a lot to you, doesn't it, Clay?
-
"...Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics."
-
But YOU seem to forget that Catholics were there *first*- in the Holy Land - murdering and fomenting war throughout the region! So, just who was *first*? Does Constantine ring a bell?
-
-
<quoted text>
They were tired of the Catholic Church *first* murdering their people so they fought back.
-
-
<quoted text>
-
"This was the final straw for the Church..."
-
The final straw for the native people of the region - 300 years AFTER Constantine *first* waged war in God's Name - came in the form of Muhammad who created Islam to fight back against the Catholics who had been shedding innocent blood there *first*- for 300 years.
-
I've posted these links before, but you ignore them; look at the birth dates of these two individuals to see who was born *first*:
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_...
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
-
-
<quoted text>
No. There is no comparison! The Catholics have been at it 1500 years longer since they were there *first*.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the Catholics who *first* did the slaughtering! It's instinct to fight back against murderers; it is the *first* thing normal victims do.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the religion that had *first* been killing and murdering in God's Holy Name.
-
-
<quoted text>
Maybe the priests went missing because they had *first* molested altar boys?
Ok, I didn't ignore your links this time. I read them and I didn't see anything that backs up your baseless opinion that Muslims were retaliating against Catholic violence, before the Crusades.

I didn't see anything about Constantine waging war on behalf of Catholicism either. Did he go to war? Yup. for religion or politics? Politics.
Against Muslims? No.

You're nuts Guest.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417152 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jethro, sorry I was not clear.
I don't think offering opinion backed by links -- all relevant to the board topic is "bashing" anyone.
If the complainers don't want facts and opinion 100% on board topic, they really should not be here. All their talk of "bashing and hatred" is just one more form of denial. For example, if you were to post this link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-be...
It addresses your statement directly and is 100% on board topic.
But the whiners will cry "hatred."
No problem. The Pope is welcome to forget diplomatic immunity and to allow a full and independent investigation. The whiners will be vindicated and the world will move on.
I am told that will happen when pigs learn to fly.
Oh My and here Peanut aka as ReginaM was concerned about the Baptist just a day or two ago. Looks like she better consult with Pope Benny first on how he is going to deal with his brother before she cast stones at others. Oh My My My !!!!

Peanut let us know what kind of advice he gives will you PLEASE ?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417153 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if he's in Heaven. If I had to say one way or the other I would say no. I really don't think you're sincere about wanting to know why but we both know why he's probably not so we'll leave it at that...k
I agree that we don't know, but the precepts you hold says HE IS. So you're not really OSAS are you?

My theology says he's not, unless he was somehow able to make things right with the Lord before the flames got him.

There was another protestant poster here, disciple I think, who changed his mind about OSAS. I hope you consider it.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417154 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
123 102
<quoted text>
You have no way of knowing how many, if any, Catholics use this Bible.
It is pope approved...are you saying the pope does not speak for the church?????
It's approved for private use only...it's not approved for the Mass and is not the translation from which the Church teaches.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417155 Jan 21, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
Oh, I didn't overlook these passages - but you did.

You overlooked the point that these were written by John and Luke, not Jesus.

Do you have something written exclusively by Jesus?

Do you have anything, with him saying - "I am God."

Why do you have to mislead others?

Why don't you beleive Jesus when he stated:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

You do believe what Jesus said, right?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417156 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Clay's mind is closed.
2013...
Cash only at the Vatican now.
http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/0...
"Since Wednesday, museums and businesses in the Holy See have been declining credit card and debit card purchases following a decision by the Bank of Italy that is reportedly linked to concerns over inadequate money-laundering controls.
Cash machines have also been shut down after the Italian central bank refused authorization for Deutsche Bank’s Italian unit to continue operating services it provided within the Vatican’s walls."
2012....
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...
2010...
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/12/money-l...
This goes on and on, back to the 1980s at least.
Goofy Catholics in denial again.
2013 -- BUSTED
2012 -- Busted
2010 -- Busted
....
>>>>
1980 -- Busted
The Roman Catholic Church is well known for their CREATIVE WRITTING so it should be no big deal for them to cover up the money launding and get rid of any paper trails etc.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417157 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
so we agree the saints Paul spoke of were folks like you and I so why aren't they on the catholic saint list?
Do you think someone who denies Christ 3 times is a better Christian than say a Christian of today?
**You ever told someone 3 times in a row you don't know Christ Tony??
Actually "folks like you and me" means they were human beings subject to sin and temptation like us. They were not like you and me living the same comfortable and carefree 21st century lives.

When was the last time someone held a gun to your head and told you if you admit to being a Christian he'd pull the trigger? Pretty easy feeling secure in your faith while sitting in your comfy chair with no threat to your life isn't it?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417158 Jan 21, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
Christianity 101 for Fun Facts:

John 8:58 - Jesus is talking about the Spirit.
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
- the Spirit is eternal. Yours, mine, Jesus'

Strike one.

Luke 10:18
"He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven."
- nothing to do with Jesus.

Strike two.

Why did you think that these passages had anything to do with Jesus being "God", when they clearly have no bearing at all.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417159 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that we don't know, but the precepts you hold says HE IS. So you're not really OSAS are you?
My theology says he's not, unless he was somehow able to make things right with the Lord before the flames got him.
There was another protestant poster here, disciple I think, who changed his mind about OSAS. I hope you consider it.
I have
Clay

United States

#417160 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Clay wrote:(on worshipping Mary)
But she can't act unless we act first.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"but I don't think its outside of Church Teachings"
- Think?
- Not sure?
- that is why I asked for a citation.
- it isn't.
In truth - one can "interceded with just about any individual, and get the same results, possibly better.
Why don't you believe in the "Self" aspect of our lives?
I made it clear it was my personal opinion. You want a citation on that?
ok
clay said it was his personal opinion.

There.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417161 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
It's more sad than funny...

Christ is in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father and not in a bowl at the local catholic church.

New Age writes:

It actually is, especially with those who know what is going on in heaven at this point.

Your arrogance is only appreciated by your ability to mislead others with false information.
Clay

United States

#417162 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
so we agree the saints Paul spoke of were folks like you and I so why aren't they on the catholic saint list?
Do you think someone who denies Christ 3 times is a better Christian than say a Christian of today?
**You ever told someone 3 times in a row you don't know Christ Tony??
Peters moment of Sainthood wasn't when he denied Christ, it was when was crucified upside down... for Christ.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417163 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually "folks like you and me" means they were human beings subject to sin and temptation like us. They were not like you and me living the same comfortable and carefree 21st century lives.
When was the last time someone held a gun to your head and told you if you admit to being a Christian he'd pull the trigger? Pretty easy feeling secure in your faith while sitting in your comfy chair with no threat to your life isn't it?
So Peter is better than the christians of today?
Clay

United States

#417164 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I didn't overlook these passages - but you did.
You overlooked the point that these were written by John and Luke, not Jesus.
Do you have something written exclusively by Jesus?
Do you have anything, with him saying - "I am God."
Why do you have to mislead others?
Why don't you beleive Jesus when he stated:
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
You do believe what Jesus said, right?
You think Christ said that??

I don't suppose you have any proof?

I don't want to accuse you of listening to men.. ya know. just saying
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417165 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So Peter is better than the christians of today?
Better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,511
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 3 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE