Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,151
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417134 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
Spirit.

Self.

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417135 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
Oxbow

The joining is the marriage. Marriage (syzeúgnymi) is for two to be commonly yoked together. They share in common a common yoke of marriage.

I really am wondering what sort of understanding you have of the Bible? Are you coming from a point of not knowing anything, or has someone taught you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417136 Jan 21, 2013
128 053 972 946 857
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, maybe you should use a bible that is more nearer to the events, instead of 1600 years later.
And what bible is that?????

Albuquerque, NM

#417137 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
???
The saints referred to in the epistles are those who believed and accepted what the apostles taught and were part of the Church, and those who didnt't were not called saints nor part of the Church.
You facts are skewed.

"The saints referred to in the epistles are those who believed and accepted what the apostles taught and were part of the Church"

- Saints came after the Apostles - DUH!!
- you only believe in less than six of the original Apostles, so from this point forward, I will expect you and all so-called "Christians" to NO LONGER USE "the Apostles", because in fact, it doesn't included ALL of them, just the ones your heirarchy thought they should include.

So why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#417138 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
118 071
<quoted text>
That does not change the fact: Note: Emmanuel, a name of Christ
Oxbow

Jesus Christ is the Person of "God Resides With Us"(Emmanuel).

Shorter: Jesus is God.
marge

Ames, IA

#417139 Jan 21, 2013
Ephesians 1:13-14

And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.

The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.

Albuquerque, NM

#417140 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"..and yet - Jesus never called himself "God", but you believe that."
If I could understand what you are trying to say I would respond....
PLAIN AND SIMPLE for you Rabbi.

Jesus never called himself "God", so why should you.

We've gone over all of this before.

United States

#417141 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
Good info.
These goofballs keep saying "Inquisition Crusades Inquisition Crusades .. "
"goofballs"?
-
-
Clay wrote:
But they don't have a clue about actual history. They are only repeating what their fanatical websites slander us with.
"Actual history"?
-
-
Clay wrote:
The Crusades were medieval wars. I believe there was a total of 9?
"medieval wars"?
-
-
Clay wrote:
The first was launched because Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics.
"The FIRST was launched ..."
-
This concept of *first* means a lot to you, doesn't it, Clay?
-
"...Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics."
-
But YOU seem to forget that Catholics were there *first*- in the Holy Land - murdering and fomenting war throughout the region! So, just who was *first*? Does Constantine ring a bell?
-
-
Clay wrote:
They occupied the Church at the site of the Crucifixion.
They were tired of the Catholic Church *first* murdering their people so they fought back.
-
-
Clay wrote:
This was the final straw for the Church and 10,000 Catholics volunteered to counter attack.
-
"This was the final straw for the Church..."
-
The final straw for the native people of the region - 300 years AFTER Constantine *first* waged war in God's Name - came in the form of Muhammad who created Islam to fight back against the Catholics who had been shedding innocent blood there *first*- for 300 years.
-
I've posted these links before, but you ignore them; look at the birth dates of these two individuals to see who was born *first*:
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_...
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
-
-
Clay wrote:
Anyway, there is no comparison in what Protestants have done to Catholics.
No. There is no comparison! The Catholics have been at it 1500 years longer since they were there *first*.
-
-
Clay wrote:
They've slaughtered millions of innocents.
They fought back against the Catholics who *first* did the slaughtering! It's instinct to fight back against murderers; it is the *first* thing normal victims do.
-
-
Clay wrote:
England banned Catholicism as a whole and killed anyone caught celebrating the Mass!
They fought back against the religion that had *first* been killing and murdering in God's Holy Name.
-
-
Clay wrote:
Untold numbers of Priests went missing all over the British colonies and Ireland.
Maybe the priests went missing because they had *first* molested altar boys?
-
-
-
The Catholic church is *first* in a lot of things ... but it is not *first* in following Jesus Christ in TRUTH!
-
To prove this to yourself, simply go to your concordance and look up Jesus' use of the word *first*

Albuquerque, NM

#417142 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
128 053 972 946 857
<quoted text>
And what bible is that?????
I gave you link to the Codex Sinaiticus.

Which is the earliest known bible in the hands of humans. The Codex Vaticanus is also fromt he 4th C.

Sianiaticus --
"The codex is an Alexandrian text-type manuscript written in the 4th century in uncial letters on parchment."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus

Vatcinus --
"It is written on 759 leaves of vellum in uncial letters and has been dated palaeographically to the 4th century"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Vaticanus

Circa 4th C.

KJV = circa 17th century.

Are you this ignorant of your religion?
Fun Facts

Freeland, MI

#417143 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....and yet - Jesus never called himself "God", but you believe that.
You are confused on what the Bible means.
Well, considering it is incomplete, I can see your error. The same one made by many others before you.
Psalm 82:6-7
6 “I said,‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”
You may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/john/8-58.htm
http://bible.cc/luke/10-18.htm
Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417144 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for Catholics to even think they refute the truth -- chant and attack all others. But above all, ignore the facts on the ground.
zzzzzzzzzzz
The "only reason" that you Protestant "bible only buffoons" are on this Catholic Forum is to attack our personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Apostolic Catholic, PROVEN, AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIED for over 2000 years, both biblically and historically.---You came here (with vengeance) searching for Catholics to condemn, pass your personal opinionated judgement, hate and hostile "venom" against Jesus' ONLY True Church which was, is and will (always) be One Universal Catholic Church. The fact is that there is "not one Catholic" on this forum,(or ANYWHERE) that would "go searching" for a Protestant topix forum with the "one and only intent" of trying to attack the faith of Protestants. WHY?? Because there is "no need too"! We ALREADY have the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible and of the words of Jesus HIMSELF--in Matthew 16:13-21 regarding HIS One True Church and the TRUE WORDS of Jesus in the Eucharist __John 6:47-59 regarding His "true body" and "true blood". AGAIN---we already "have the TRUTH" and you Protestants have been "rejecting "the TRUTH"" over and over again,(using your own "personal appointed" Popes for over 500 years. We, as Catholics< already "KNOW, possess, and adhere to the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH, in and through Jesus Christ, in the Church that Our Lord (formed, and initiated) which is HIS One True Catholic Church. Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ (in and through His One True Church, you will (continue) to remain on the outside of the TRUTH "always looking in"!!!!!

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#417145 Jan 21, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
The biggest charity is the US federal government with 50M followers on food stamps alone. Not counting free medical and education for illegals and too many other entitlements to list.
BIG D, You are incorrect again! Read my post again, I said Christian Charity. You do know that the government is not a Christian origination, right?

#417146 Jan 21, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL) Maybe you should go back a little further in religious history than 2,000 years ago and learn about pagan trinities. Learn that the core belief of many man/gods was the same core beliefs that christianity teaches today.
...What Pagan beliefs shared with each other and with Christianity was not myths but religious ideas—basic notions about the shape of the universe, the existance and relevance of stars, the human soul and its eternal destiny, and about Gods and their powers and place in the universe. The Christian and Pagan myths are similar because they were made up to fit religious ideas that are very similar.
A thousand years before Jesus, pagan believers were practicing the very same customs and core beliefs that christianity copied from them 10 centuries later.
Heaven, hell, prophechies, trinities, baptisms, sacrificial meal

with a man/god, eternal salvation, god dying and returning, are all customs/traditions that were practiced long before Jesus was a twinkle in the eye of St Paul.
Christianity is NOT THE FIRST religion that had a trinity.
http://www.sabbathcovenant.com/doctrine/pagan...
For a pagan like you, you would believe all this.[LOL]
Maybe you should go back to Catholic School and try to learn the real Truth!!

They might have had other gods but not Divine!!! gods that could nothing for them.

Christ converts pagans!!

Michael there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD in The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!!!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417147 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal folks who believed and accepted what the apostles taught, and normal folks, who if they rejected it, were cast out of the Church and called heretics unless they repented.
**yeah just what I said...normal folks like you and me.
Tell me how I'm wrong?
**you're a catholic
Cute.

According to your beliefs David Koresh is in heaven. No? Why not?

#417148 Jan 21, 2013
March for Life - Washington DC 1.25.13

:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jQhA B_VDU
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417149 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
I don't know if he's in Heaven. If I had to say one way or the other I would say no. I really don't think you're sincere about wanting to know why but we both know why he's probably not so we'll leave it at that...k
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417150 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
so we agree the saints Paul spoke of were folks like you and I so why aren't they on the catholic saint list?

Do you think someone who denies Christ 3 times is a better Christian than say a Christian of today?

**You ever told someone 3 times in a row you don't know Christ Tony??
Clay

United States

#417151 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"goofballs"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"Actual history"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"medieval wars"?
-
-
<quoted text>
"The FIRST was launched ..."
-
This concept of *first* means a lot to you, doesn't it, Clay?
-
"...Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics."
-
But YOU seem to forget that Catholics were there *first*- in the Holy Land - murdering and fomenting war throughout the region! So, just who was *first*? Does Constantine ring a bell?
-
-
<quoted text>
They were tired of the Catholic Church *first* murdering their people so they fought back.
-
-
<quoted text>
-
"This was the final straw for the Church..."
-
The final straw for the native people of the region - 300 years AFTER Constantine *first* waged war in God's Name - came in the form of Muhammad who created Islam to fight back against the Catholics who had been shedding innocent blood there *first*- for 300 years.
-
I've posted these links before, but you ignore them; look at the birth dates of these two individuals to see who was born *first*:
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_...
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
-
-
<quoted text>
No. There is no comparison! The Catholics have been at it 1500 years longer since they were there *first*.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the Catholics who *first* did the slaughtering! It's instinct to fight back against murderers; it is the *first* thing normal victims do.
-
-
<quoted text>
They fought back against the religion that had *first* been killing and murdering in God's Holy Name.
-
-
<quoted text>
Maybe the priests went missing because they had *first* molested altar boys?
Ok, I didn't ignore your links this time. I read them and I didn't see anything that backs up your baseless opinion that Muslims were retaliating against Catholic violence, before the Crusades.

I didn't see anything about Constantine waging war on behalf of Catholicism either. Did he go to war? Yup. for religion or politics? Politics.
Against Muslims? No.

You're nuts Guest.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417152 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jethro, sorry I was not clear.
I don't think offering opinion backed by links -- all relevant to the board topic is "bashing" anyone.
If the complainers don't want facts and opinion 100% on board topic, they really should not be here. All their talk of "bashing and hatred" is just one more form of denial. For example, if you were to post this link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-be...
It addresses your statement directly and is 100% on board topic.
But the whiners will cry "hatred."
No problem. The Pope is welcome to forget diplomatic immunity and to allow a full and independent investigation. The whiners will be vindicated and the world will move on.
I am told that will happen when pigs learn to fly.
Oh My and here Peanut aka as ReginaM was concerned about the Baptist just a day or two ago. Looks like she better consult with Pope Benny first on how he is going to deal with his brother before she cast stones at others. Oh My My My !!!!

Peanut let us know what kind of advice he gives will you PLEASE ?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417153 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if he's in Heaven. If I had to say one way or the other I would say no. I really don't think you're sincere about wanting to know why but we both know why he's probably not so we'll leave it at that...k
I agree that we don't know, but the precepts you hold says HE IS. So you're not really OSAS are you?

My theology says he's not, unless he was somehow able to make things right with the Lord before the flames got him.

There was another protestant poster here, disciple I think, who changed his mind about OSAS. I hope you consider it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 13 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE