Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417373 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Canonization, again, is a long process requiring extensive proof that the person proposed for canonization lived and died in such an exemplary and holy way that he or she is worthy to be recognized as a saint.
Again...if the catholic church teaches that we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die, how does the vatican know for a fact that pope john paul is in Heaven?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417374 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth
Peter was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth
It has nothing to do with being canonized.
Your question was to how a man with sin could be a saint.

I responded to your question.

Do you have a different question?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417375 Jan 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I tend to agree with you. You wrote nothing based on nothing, interpretted by nothing, and I tried to understand it. How silly of me....
You put our foot in your mouth...your effort to remove it is futile.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417376 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth
Peter was a saint/christian because he put his faith in Christ...here on earth
It has nothing to do with being canonized.
While on Earth, Paul and Peter were among the faithful.

They now are the faithful departed, and are saints in Heaven.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417377 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way we'd "know" that your Hong Kong martyrs are in Heaven.
I'm not taught that we cannot know...you are.

Your church teaches we cannot know until we die and yet they say pope john is there. What does that make sense to you?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#417378 Jan 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
240 184
<quoted text>
The first parallel verse to 1Ti 3:16 is: And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And is followed by: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Scripture that clearly shows Christ and God are not one and the same......
Thank you....
And that is the witness that they all are one Oxbow.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Oxbow,are you denying Christ is Lord?

The Rock in the Old Testament was also the Rock in the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Psalm 18:31
For who is God except the LORD? or who is a rock except our God?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417379 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...if the catholic church teaches that we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die, how does the vatican know for a fact that pope john paul is in Heaven?
We believe he is there, inasmuch as we would believe your Hong Kong martyrs are there as well.

The late Pope was a christian and he's dead, so he is in Heaven.

The leap of presumption would be to tell me that he's not in Heaven and why.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417381 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church teaches we cannot know until we die and yet they say pope john is there. What does that make sense to you?
I cannot know for sure until I get there, of course.

As christians, we believe in Heaven as promised by Christ.

Is this controversial for you?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417382 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show me the Church teaching you're taking issue with?

I can discuss it better if you can reference it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417383 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
While on Earth, Paul and Peter were among the faithful.
They now are the faithful departed, and are saints in Heaven.
The faithful on earth are called saints. That's what I keep trying to tell you and your friend Clay.
preston

Athens, OH

#417384 Jan 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE..
"ben hen never says anything about people getting Saved and you know it."
NEITHER DOES THE POPE SAY ANY THING ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SAVED...
but you ahve always defended ben hen and attacked teh pope.

dont you see the hypocrisy in this?

ben hen is no different than ellen white, miller, rutherford et al, they all have one thing in common, they are false prophets.
The Spirit tells Benny that Castro will die in the 90's.( 1989 by Benny Hinn)

Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31st, 1989.

"The Spirit tells me - Fidel Castro will die - in the 90's. Oooh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God."

- Benny Hinn.

----------

The Lord tells Benny that homosexuals in America will be destroyed by fire by 1995.( 1989 by Benny Hinn)

Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31st, 1989.

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90's, about '94-'95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America.[audience applauds] But He will not destroy it - with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."

- Benny Hinn.

Note that Benny Hinn claimed that God revealed the above prophecies to him. Now either God has erred, or Benny Hinn invented these prophecies and he never heard from God. The truth should be obvious - Benny Hinn does not hear from God, he is without doubt a false prophet.

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and {{{the deceit of their heart.}}}

SO WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU, A ALLEGED MINISTER, SUPPORT BEN HEN IN ANY WAY?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417386 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah
I've heard many catholics say we don't know if we go to Heaven until we die. If that's the case, how does the vatican know pope john paul is in Heaven?
chuck-

Are you conflating someone's lack of presumption upon anyone's worthiness to Heaven as a Church teaching?

For example, I certainly wouldn't place my own judgement in front of God's as to who gets to Heaven and who does not.
preston

Athens, OH

#417387 Jan 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If millions of protestants can believe the Holy Spirit works through Benny Hinn so he can perform thousands of miracle healings and predict future events, why is it so bad for Catholics to believe a few can be attributed to our previous pope?
ONLY NAIVE AND SENILE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN BEN HEN.

anyway, it is God that gives and does miracles, so the pope nor any other person is responsible.imo
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417388 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The faithful on earth are called saints. That's what I keep trying to tell you and your friend Clay.
By whom?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417389 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
By whom?
God
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417390 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther can have his own definition, but I don't ascribe to it.
preston

Athens, OH

#417391 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot know for sure until I get there, of course.
As christians, we believe in Heaven as promised by Christ.
Is this controversial for you?
sorry, Dan, but IF God Saved you? you will know it, you will know it from the top of your head down to your soles on your feet.you will probably know the Day, the Year, and down to the hour, at least I do.

as I have said on here before.

The first Birth I dont remember(getting Blessed),

the Second Birth, I cant forget.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417392 Jan 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God
LOL.

Argumentum ad verecundiam.

Where does God tell us this?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417393 Jan 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All christians in Heaven are saints.
The operative is "in Heaven".
Then why are Paul letters sent to the saints?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#417394 Jan 22, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, Dan, but IF God Saved you? you will know it, you will know it from the top of your head down to your soles on your feet.you will probably know the Day, the Year, and down to the hour, at least I do.
as I have said on here before.
The first Birth I dont remember(getting Blessed),
the Second Birth, I cant forget.
You know the day you decided to believe in God.

You don't know the day that you will attain Heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web