Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,901 - 401,920 of 532,688 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
056 002 952
<quoted text>
God said it...Christ seconded it...
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
The Sacred Word of God from the KJV...
Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...
Your interpretation is not however.

Do you believe Jesus is divine?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

guest wrote:
O! brainwashed one!... the TRUTH is all that matters! Christ promised his PRESENCE 'til the end and he meant it.
-
His *presence* is in his words, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
NOT the words of the 'pope' who ordered "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
according to you - a bigot is one who tells the actual truth which YOU can't handle.
-
You will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
-
From what?
-
The truth sets you free from ALL the lies ... such as, "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
...Jesus NEVER ordered that! what can possibly make you think a mere POPE has the *right* to?
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Pope ordered a murder, then he is in Hell (assuming he didn't repent). He committed a mortal sin and violated Catholic teachings.
The Church still carried on, proclaiming the truth in the gospel.
-
**IF** a pope ordered a murder? It is historical fact that popes down through the ages have ordered murder and torture and covered up for pedophiles.
-
"the gates of hell shall not prevail ..."
-
The gates of hell don't need to *prevail* over the Catholic church!... the Catholic Church opened the gates of 'hell' and walked right in.
-
Murdering.
-
Torturing.
-
Fomenting war in the name of God!
-
-
http://bible.cc/1_john/2-4.htm
-
1 John 2:4

New International Version (©1984)
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a LIAR, and the TRUTH is NOT IN HIM.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Different titles, so that we can understand the various attributes of Jesus through the mind of Peter, and others in the Bible are not definitions....For a clearer definition you might try
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23"
This son is called Jesus. And that means Jesus is God with us....
It is so simple.
God said over and over that Christ is His Son....any erroneous interpretation of Scripture that alludes to the opposite, shows a fallible Bible...which is impossible...His Sacred Word is infallible...

Emmanouhl Emmanouel, em-man-oo-ale' of Hebrew origin (6005); God with us; Emmanuel, a name of Christ:--Emmanuel.

Note: Emmanuel, a name of Christ...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then Clay..quit beating around the bush and interpret this for me. I'm not saying you have the authority..I just want your interpretation.
1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with ALL those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
The recipients of Pauls letter were in communion with the Church. They were baptized into the faith and accepted the teachings of the Apostles.

"All those who call upon the name of Christ" is not a blanket statement for everyone. Although its an important start for the Christian...Christ also says "for many will say 'Lord Lord'. Right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When St. Paul wrote these words, the Corinthians and others who called on the name of the Lord did not believe as you and your protesting brethren do. Like the heretics of those days, you may "call on the name of the Lord", but you would not have been considered a saint, a follower of "the Way", or included in the Church.
Chuck, do you think anyone who picks up a bible and calls on the name of the Lord is a OSAS Christian?
Ahh...
Acts 9:13
13 But Ananias answered,“Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
**didn't believe like I do

Acts 9:32
32 Now as Peter went here and there among them all, he came down also to the saints who lived at Lydda.

**what is a osas christian compared to a christian?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
053 972 946 857
<quoted text>
I don't use the NABRE....I refer to it to show Catholics what they are not following that is being taught by their pope approved Bible...
I use the KJV....
I don't know of anyone who uses the NABRE. It's approved for private use if one so wishes, but not for the Mass.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The recipients of Pauls letter were in communion with the Church. They were baptized into the faith and accepted the teachings of the Apostles.
"All those who call upon the name of Christ" is not a blanket statement for everyone. Although its an important start for the Christian...Christ also says "for many will say 'Lord Lord'. Right?
so when Paul says,

"16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written,“The righteous shall live by faith.”

**this is only for a certain group of people and not for us today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Different titles, so that we can understand the various attributes of Jesus through the mind of Peter, and others in the Bible are not definitions....For a clearer definition you might try
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23"
This son is called Jesus. And that means Jesus is God with us....
It is so simple.
Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??
http://www.catholicmemes.com/captions/q-gospe...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:(on worshipping Mary)
But she can't act unless we act first.
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Citation please.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my personal opinion. But I don't think its outside of Church teachings...
We have free will. God respects it so much, no Saint interferes with our ability to choose.
Citation? lol
As if you'd accept any citation I offered.
"but I don't think its outside of Church Teachings"
- Think?
- Not sure?
- that is why I asked for a citation.
- it isn't.

In truth - one can "interceded with just about any individual, and get the same results, possibly better.

Why don't you believe in the "Self" aspect of our lives?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation? lol
As if you'd accept any citation I offered.
I would, and in the least, it shows others that you have researched what you post.

If you don't, it just means that your opinion is nothing byut such, nad if you continue tio believe it, you are then a heretic.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
However they were Christians right...just normal people like you and me?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God said over and over that Christ is His Son....any erroneous interpretation of Scripture that alludes to the opposite, shows a fallible Bible...which is impossible...His Sacred Word is infallible...
Emmanouhl Emmanouel, em-man-oo-ale' of Hebrew origin (6005); God with us; Emmanuel, a name of Christ:--Emmanuel.
Note: Emmanuel, a name of Christ...
....and yet - Jesus never called himself "God", but you believe that.

You are confused on what the Bible means.

Well, considering it is incomplete, I can see your error. The same one made by many others before you.

Psalm 82:6-7
6 “I said,‘You are “gods”;
you are all sons of the Most High.’
7 But you will die like mere mortals;
you will fall like every other ruler.”
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh...
Acts 9:13
13 But Ananias answered,“Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
Acts 9:32
32 Now as Peter went here and there among them all, he came down also to the saints who lived at Lydda.
**what is a osas christian compared to a christian?
???

The saints referred to in the epistles are those who believed and accepted what the apostles taught and were part of the Church, and those who didnt't were not called saints nor part of the Church.

I use the OSAS term because I know you believe in OSAS (contrary to most other protestants who call themselves Christian).

Do you think anyone who sits down and reads the KJV, regardless of the beliefs they then develop when they read it, and calls on the name of the Lord is saved for all eternity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretation is not however.
Do you believe Jesus is divine?
I did not interpret...I quoted Scripture from the KJV....

I believe per the Catholic encyclopedia teaching:

The fact of the incarnation

The Incarnation implies three facts:(1) The Divine Person of Jesus Christ; (2) The Human Nature of Jesus Christ; (3) The Hypostatic Union of the Human with the Divine Nature in the Divine Person of Jesus Christ.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not interpret...I quoted Scripture from the KJV....
I believe per the Catholic encyclopedia teaching:
The fact of the incarnation
The Incarnation implies three facts:(1) The Divine Person of Jesus Christ; (2) The Human Nature of Jesus Christ; (3) The Hypostatic Union of the Human with the Divine Nature in the Divine Person of Jesus Christ.
The Divine Person of Jesus Christ.

In your opinion how many divine persons are there?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
???
The saints referred to in the epistles are those who believed and accepted what the apostles taught and were part of the Church, and those who didnt't were not called saints nor part of the Church.
I use the OSAS term because I know you believe in OSAS (contrary to most other protestants who call themselves Christian).
Do you think anyone who sits down and reads the KJV, regardless of the beliefs they then develop when they read it, and calls on the name of the Lord is saved for all eternity?

**yes and they were normal folks just like you and me.

I know I should answer a question with a question but I'll make an exception.

David Koresh read and taught the Bible...think he was really saved...me either.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
???
1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of anyone who uses the NABRE. It's approved for private use if one so wishes, but not for the Mass.
The present discussion has nothing to do with mass...

If no one, or everyone, uses the NABRE...it does not change the teaching of this pope approved Bible..
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
so when Paul says,
"16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written,“The righteous shall live by faith.”
**this is only for a certain group of people and not for us today?
They don't believe what is written.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 min Scales Off 8,133
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••