Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 544,818
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417086 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??
Really?
Man, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't in the court of Jethro's opinion.
We were successful in stopping Muslim advances at the Crusades....and you trash us for this.
Now, we haven't done anything in response to Muslims blowing up Churches (again), and you trash us...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417087 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I not only read Gods word, I heard it at the Holy Mass where it comes alive.
You guys are on the outside looking in, trying to understand the Bible using your own intuition.
When Martin Luther added a word to the Bible (Alone) in Rom 3:28, your sola fide teaching took off into infinity. Its false.
Again, you are no authority on the Bible. Even if you mean well, you can't dictate Christianity using the Books the Holy Catholic Church said are valid. Why?
Because the group that said they are valid gets to define why. They get to define what 'word of God' means. They get to interpret the meanings because they were there the day it was taught verbally.
...also, Chuck, you don't even know if those books are valid. You're relying on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church that said the Books are authentic AND to be considered Sacred Scripture.

Yrs later, a rogue Priest invented an idea that those books were all that is revealed about Christianity.(Nevermind that the religion fuctioned without one for almost 400 yrs)...Do you really believe that nonsense, Chuck?
If so, where does Christ say He is establishing a Bible and not a Church to be the authority on Christianity.
If its a Bible you say, then who is the authority to interpret it?
If you say the Holy Spirit is, then which on of you 42,000 is the Holy Spirit guiding to truth???
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417088 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your answer about Paul....
What about Paul? I don't know what you're trying to imply.

Do I think Paul is a Saint - even though he murdered Christians?

Of course. He repented and went to his own death for Christ.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417089 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never killed anyone so how is he a saint and I'm not. We both have repented of our sins and put our faith in Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417090 Jan 21, 2013
053 972 946 857
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should use a Bible that is more closer to the events.
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0
I don't use the NABRE....I refer to it to show Catholics what they are not following that is being taught by their pope approved Bible...

I use the KJV....
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417091 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying one day the 'Church will be no more'??
Good luck with that Jethro. Christ promised the "gates of hell shall not prevail"
This includes the Jethros and free minds of the world.
I agree with you.

The RCC will continue for eons, but it will never have the power and influence it welded 500 to 1000 years ago. It will also be almost unrecognizable to today's Catholics in another 100 years.

It is an antiquated, corrupt institution.

There are no more Catholic-majority world powers. China does not recognize the Vatican. Countries are questioning old Concords.

After 2000 years, the RCC might claim 5% of humanity as real, practicing Catholics.

On the surface, 5% may not appear like much, but for a fraudulent impostor, 5% isn't so bad.

Of course it would be terrible if the absurd one-true claim were remotely true, but events say it's not. So 5% and falling is about right.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417092 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...also, Chuck, you don't even know if those books are valid. You're relying on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church that said the Books are authentic AND to be considered Sacred Scripture.
Yrs later, a rogue Priest invented an idea that those books were all that is revealed about Christianity.(Nevermind that the religion fuctioned without one for almost 400 yrs)...Do you really believe that nonsense, Chuck?
If so, where does Christ say He is establishing a Bible and not a Church to be the authority on Christianity.
If its a Bible you say, then who is the authority to interpret it?
If you say the Holy Spirit is, then which on of you 42,000 is the Holy Spirit guiding to truth???
Ok then Clay..quit beating around the bush and interpret this for me. I'm not saying you have the authority..I just want your interpretation.

1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with ALL those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Location hidden

#417093 Jan 21, 2013
056 002 952
ReginaM wrote:
God said it...Christ seconded it...
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The Sacred Word of God from the KJV...

Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417094 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
MATT 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not presume to say to yourselves,‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham.

**The Pharisees and Sadducees believed they could be apart of the kingdom just because they were children of Abraham. I guess I have to ask...if they could not have salvation based on their father Abraham, how do catholic babies pull it off when they're baptized?

**Can you interpret Clay??

Location hidden

#417095 Jan 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
Bible Verse of The Day
13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
Please note...it does not say:

14For if we believe that God died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in God will God bring with him.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417096 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"
**plus the passage says saints in Corinth...those who put their faith in Christ. Folks other than the list in the catholic vault.
When St. Paul wrote these words, the Corinthians and others who called on the name of the Lord did not believe as you and your protesting brethren do. Like the heretics of those days, you may "call on the name of the Lord", but you would not have been considered a saint, a follower of "the Way", or included in the Church.

Chuck, do you think anyone who picks up a bible and calls on the name of the Lord is a OSAS Christian?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#417097 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
056 002 952
<quoted text>
God said it...Christ seconded it...
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
The Sacred Word of God from the KJV...
Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...
Your interpretation is not however.

Do you believe Jesus is divine?

United States

#417098 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
O! brainwashed one!... the TRUTH is all that matters! Christ promised his PRESENCE 'til the end and he meant it.
-
His *presence* is in his words, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
NOT the words of the 'pope' who ordered "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
according to you - a bigot is one who tells the actual truth which YOU can't handle.
-
You will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
-
From what?
-
The truth sets you free from ALL the lies ... such as, "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
...Jesus NEVER ordered that! what can possibly make you think a mere POPE has the *right* to?
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Pope ordered a murder, then he is in Hell (assuming he didn't repent). He committed a mortal sin and violated Catholic teachings.
The Church still carried on, proclaiming the truth in the gospel.
-
**IF** a pope ordered a murder? It is historical fact that popes down through the ages have ordered murder and torture and covered up for pedophiles.
-
"the gates of hell shall not prevail ..."
-
The gates of hell don't need to *prevail* over the Catholic church!... the Catholic Church opened the gates of 'hell' and walked right in.
-
Murdering.
-
Torturing.
-
Fomenting war in the name of God!
-
-
http://bible.cc/1_john/2-4.htm
-
1 John 2:4

New International Version (©1984)
The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a LIAR, and the TRUTH is NOT IN HIM.

Location hidden

#417099 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Different titles, so that we can understand the various attributes of Jesus through the mind of Peter, and others in the Bible are not definitions....For a clearer definition you might try
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23"
This son is called Jesus. And that means Jesus is God with us....
It is so simple.
God said over and over that Christ is His Son....any erroneous interpretation of Scripture that alludes to the opposite, shows a fallible Bible...which is impossible...His Sacred Word is infallible...

Emmanouhl Emmanouel, em-man-oo-ale' of Hebrew origin (6005); God with us; Emmanuel, a name of Christ:--Emmanuel.

Note: Emmanuel, a name of Christ...
Clay

United States

#417100 Jan 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then Clay..quit beating around the bush and interpret this for me. I'm not saying you have the authority..I just want your interpretation.
1 Corithians 1:2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with ALL those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
The recipients of Pauls letter were in communion with the Church. They were baptized into the faith and accepted the teachings of the Apostles.

"All those who call upon the name of Christ" is not a blanket statement for everyone. Although its an important start for the Christian...Christ also says "for many will say 'Lord Lord'. Right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417101 Jan 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When St. Paul wrote these words, the Corinthians and others who called on the name of the Lord did not believe as you and your protesting brethren do. Like the heretics of those days, you may "call on the name of the Lord", but you would not have been considered a saint, a follower of "the Way", or included in the Church.
Chuck, do you think anyone who picks up a bible and calls on the name of the Lord is a OSAS Christian?
Ahh...
Acts 9:13
13 But Ananias answered,“Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.
**didn't believe like I do

Acts 9:32
32 Now as Peter went here and there among them all, he came down also to the saints who lived at Lydda.
**didn't believe like I do

**what is a osas christian compared to a christian?
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417102 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
053 972 946 857
<quoted text>
I don't use the NABRE....I refer to it to show Catholics what they are not following that is being taught by their pope approved Bible...
I use the KJV....
I don't know of anyone who uses the NABRE. It's approved for private use if one so wishes, but not for the Mass.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417103 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The recipients of Pauls letter were in communion with the Church. They were baptized into the faith and accepted the teachings of the Apostles.
"All those who call upon the name of Christ" is not a blanket statement for everyone. Although its an important start for the Christian...Christ also says "for many will say 'Lord Lord'. Right?
so when Paul says,

"16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written,“The righteous shall live by faith.”

**this is only for a certain group of people and not for us today?

Location hidden

#417104 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Different titles, so that we can understand the various attributes of Jesus through the mind of Peter, and others in the Bible are not definitions....For a clearer definition you might try
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23"
This son is called Jesus. And that means Jesus is God with us....
It is so simple.
Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Does that mean that a man and woman whom God has joined together are the same person????!!!!! Is that person the man...or is that person the woman???!!!!
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417105 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??
http://www.catholicmemes.com/captions/q-gospe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 2 hr I_am_Belisarius 10
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... 12 hr Sherlayne 21
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr In Question 8,313
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) 16 hr Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88
Pope Faces Serious Islamic Threat on Albanian Trip Sep 24 VIVA EVROPA 1
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sep 21 Barbarian 4

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE