Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,861 - 401,880 of 533,565 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
The Catholic Church is not ashamed that she changed the day of worship. In fact, she takes pride in this action, and regards it as her 'mark' of authority and superiority over other churches and religions.
"The Sabbath, the best known day of the law, was changed into the Lord's day. These and others have not ceased because of instructions received from Christ,(because he himself says, I have not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it), but because due to the authority of the church they have been changed." Archbishop of Rheggio, Sermon on 1-18-1562, Mansi XXIII, p. 526
"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week." Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900
"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday. The fact is that the Church was in existence for several centuries before the Bible was given to the world. The Church made the Bible; the Bible did not make the Church." Things Catholics Are Asked About, by Martin J. Scott, 1927 ed, p. 136
"We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910
According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.
"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923
"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213
"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895
From the overwhelming weight of evidence, we can decisively conclude that the beast of Revelation 13 and 14 is the Roman Catholic Church, and that its mark (the mark of the beast) is Sunday observance.
Why is this mark so important? Have you ever signed a document to validate or confirm its authenticity? Have you ever given your 'seal of approval' to something? It is compulsory in any government. Only by signing, is a document authenticated. Government declarations must always bear an official mark or seal. What are the features of these governmental marks or seals? An official seal or signature must include three features:
1. The name of the official
2. The title of the official
3. The territory or domain of his authority
You should understand that you're adding to the Book of Revelation when you imply a 'government seal' or 'the Beast is the Roman Cathlic Church'.
The Beast was the evil Roman Empire that Catholics defeated and converted to Christianity. Catholicism didn't change after the conversion of Constantine. You been lied to if you believe Ellen White.
Anyway, thats not why I'm replying to this particular post.

Sunday was observed from the earliest possible moments of Christianity. It was NOT invented at the Council of Laodicia in 362 AD like your post above suggests.
I encourage you to watch this video if I am able to upload it..
The Catholic Mass
www.youtube.com/watch...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Try this one:

The Catholic Mass 155 AD

voobys.com/video/video.php...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But she can't act unless we act first.
How do you know this?

Citation please.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Catholic Reality 101.........

More perverted "morality" from the One-True Fraud.

1218 -- Papal Bull issued by Pope Honorius III:

Demanded the enforcement of the 4th Lateran Council that Jews wear clothing to distinguish themselves and that Jews be made to pay the tithe to local churches.

1219 -- Papal Bull by Pope Honorius III:

Closed law schools in Paris and forbid the study of civil law.

For the next 650+ years, Hitler's mentor - the church of perverted teachings - was against most civil law, preferring instead what we call -- TOTALITARIANISM.

Why on earth do Catholics here believe this is spiritually superior?

BUSTED.... because even goofy Catholics know better.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Citation please.
This is my personal opinion. But I don't think its outside of Church teachings...

We have free will. God respects it so much, no Saint interferes with our ability to choose.

Citation? lol

As if you'd accept any citation I offered.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Bible Verse of The Day

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Benediction:

Heavenly Father, we thank You and praise You for giving us this opportunity to use the Internet to spread Your Word. We pray that this service brings many souls to salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Give us the strength and wisdom to spread the Gospel to a changing world. Although the world is changing, Your Word remains the same, so we ask for Your guidance in spreading the Word in the Spirit of Truth. Teach us new ways to shine the light of Your Word on a darkened world, and give us the strength we need to overcome our obstacles.

We pray for unity in the Christian community, and that we come together as one Body of Christ. Give us the wisdom we need to help unite the Church, and bring us together in matters of essential Christian doctrine. Teach us how to discuss our doctrinal differences, and still be united as the Body of Christ on matters of essential Truth. Help us to witness in Truth to those that are being deceived by the false gospels of the enemy. Help us to reach out in love to those caught up in cults and the false church, and bring them into Your light.

We praise You Father for showing us Your ways, and giving us Your Son and Your Spirit to light up our lives. We ask this in the name of Your Son Jesus. Amen.
Christ.com Lord Of Host
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my personal opinion. But I don't think its outside of Church teachings...
We have free will. God respects it so much, no Saint interferes with our ability to choose.
Citation? lol
Clay...God's Word says saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Why do you seem to put saints on a pedestal..like they are greater than Christians today?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
Immaculate conception was not a NEW concept when Jesus was born. It had been practiced for centuries before that Gods would impregnate women on earth.
Why do catholics believe this concept was UNIQUE to christianity when it was already old hat 1,000 years before.
http://www.examiner.com/article/immaculate-co...
CONFIRMED!
Your article points to Jesus being the Immaculate Conception,(Which in fact He was), but the truth about the Immaculate Conception is that Mary herself was born sinless,and she found divine favor with God to bear the Holy Child Jesus,and that she had to be immaculately conceived herself to bear in her body the Christ.

The fact there was other references in history to gods inpregnating women,does not dimminish in any way the fact:Jesus is born of a VIRGIN,and His Father is the LORD GOD Yahweh(Jehovah). I mentioned in the past that counterfeits have been around for centuries,and the very distortion of real truth is well orchestarated by SATAN,the father of lies.

Satan(Lucifer) spent ions of time in the courts of Heaven,He led the worship of the Almighty with all the Angels.He also led the rebellion against the Living God in Heaven,and along with many angels was cast down from the courts of Heaven.Although he is allowed to enter the court to accuse the people of God,daily. Satan's lies include religious counterfeits,the stories of gods from all the pagan origins,and they are unique in that some truth can be found in them in regards to what God has don,because who knew better than Satan(Lucifer) what God was capable of doing,and His ORDER in Heaven?

You can only go so far with your assessments concerning the roots of anything spiritual Michael.BECAUSE, the truth and origin of anything pertaining God may be found in all aspects of life,and all religious expressions,and especially in Pagan history.Satan had full reign to use what he knew in heaven to pollute what God was about to do in the life of Mary,the blessed Virgin,Joseph, Zachariah and Elizabeth,and so on.

If any Christian realizes history and Satan's contribution to it as the god of this world,they will not find your articles frustrating to the full truth of God,His Son,the Virgin Mary and the power of the Holy Spirit.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Monday, January 21, 2013
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"And so all Israel shall be saved."—Romans 11:26.
HEN Moses sang at the Red Sea, it was his joy to know that all Israel were safe. Not a drop of spray fell from that solid wall until the last of God's Israel had safely planted his foot on the other side the flood. That done, immediately the floods dissolved into their proper place again, but not till then. Part of that song was, "Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed." In the last time, when the elect shall sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and of the Lamb, it shall be the boast of Jesus, "Of all whom thou hast given me, I have lost none." In heaven there shall not be a vacant throne.

"For all the chosen race
Shall meet around the throne,
Shall bless the conduct of His grace,
And make His glories known."

As many as God hath chosen, as many as Christ hath redeemed, as many as the Spirit hath called, as many as believe in Jesus, shall safely cross the dividing sea. We are not all safely landed yet:

"Part of the host have crossed the flood,
And part are crossing now."

The vanguard of the army has already reached the shore. We are marching through the depths; we are at this day following hard after our Leader into the heart of the sea. Let us be of good cheer: the rear-guard shall soon be where the vanguard already is; the last of the chosen ones shall soon have crossed the sea, and then shall be heard the song of triumph, when all are secure. But oh! if one were absent—oh! if one of His chosen family should be cast away—it would make an everlasting discord in the song of the redeemed, and cut the strings of the harps of paradise, so that music could never be extorted from them.

----------
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Try this one:
The Catholic Mass 155 AD
In the video
Notice that the day of observance is Sunday.

The Eucharist is the real presence of Jesus Christ and not a symbol.

You see that the Catholic Mass in 155 AD is the same Catholic Mass that we have 1,900 yrs later.
Where did Justin learn this from?

Well, we know Paul preached to hold steadfast to your traditions(2thess 2:15)and instituted the Mass(1cor 11:23-25).
Paul is also clear that whomever partakes in the Eucharist unworthily will be guilty of profaning the actual body and blood of Our Lord.(1cor 11:27)

Justin Martyr likely learned from someone who walked personally with the Apostle Paul and was ordained a Bishop by him.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jethro, sorry I was not clear.
I don't think offering opinion backed by links -- all relevant to the board topic is "bashing" anyone.
If the complainers don't want facts and opinion 100% on board topic, they really should not be here. All their talk of "bashing and hatred" is just one more form of denial. For example, if you were to post this link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/pope-be...
It addresses your statement directly and is 100% on board topic.
But the whiners will cry "hatred."
No problem. The Pope is welcome to forget diplomatic immunity and to allow a full and independent investigation. The whiners will be vindicated and the world will move on.
I am told that will happen when pigs learn to fly.
if pigs learned to fly it still wouldn't happen,the church is going to stick to denying everything it possibly can for as long as it can,in the end they are the ones who are going to be hurting more than their victims,one day the church will be no more,and since there is no god or one of the many saints they pray to coming to defend their actions i think that says a lot about their assumption about being the true church of the one god theory.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation? lol
lol... as if little goofy had one.

I have perfect teachings on morality from God, just like the RCC.

And just like the RCC and little goofy, I'm not going to tell anyone exactly what they are, because they wouldn't believe me anyhow. If you doubt me, I'll view that as hatred.

Sure, sure....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay...God's Word says saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Why do you seem to put saints on a pedestal..like they are greater than Christians today?
I respectfully remind you that you do not get to dictate what Gods word is saying.
Don't take this truth as an insult. I'm sure you are trying to be the best Christian you can. But the Holy Bible does not belong to for interpretation.

Also, ironically, you just put yourself on a pedestal by claiming you're a Saint.
Chuck, I read about Saints. I've come to know them thru historical writings. I've seen their fruits they left behind.
You sir are no saint!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
984 972
<quoted text>
No it is not the first time I asked the question....and it is not the first time that it has remained unanswered...why??? Because Christ was/is not God.
God and Christ said so...more than once:
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...
Oxbow

Different titles, so that we can understand the various attributes of Jesus through the mind of Peter, and others in the Bible are not definitions....For a clearer definition you might try

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23"

This son is called Jesus. And that means Jesus is God with us....

It is so simple.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Try this one:
The Catholic Mass 155 AD
Your video here does not make me think that RC mass is the only way to go here.The Pope is shown in the final scene holding the Monstrance.But the Words written do not point to a final RC end,but a sacrament of truth all believers in Christ share,"This do in remembrance of Me."
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if pigs learned to fly it still wouldn't happen,the church is going to stick to denying everything it possibly can for as long as it can,in the end they are the ones who are going to be hurting more than their victims,one day the church will be no more,and since there is no god or one of the many saints they pray to coming to defend their actions i think that says a lot about their assumption about being the true church of the one god theory.
You're saying one day the 'Church will be no more'??

Good luck with that Jethro. Christ promised the "gates of hell shall not prevail"
This includes the Jethros and free minds of the world.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for starters, sacred tradition came before the Christian scriptures. Not a single thing from the New Testament was written down for the first 20 or so yrs of Christianity. That's a long time for a Church to function.... unless they had the Holy Mass and Sacraments.
We know that during the Holy Mass ( a sacred tradition) writings of the Apostles were eventually read as well as the Hebrew books of the OT. Also, writings of the Apostolic fathers, like Clement an Ignatius were read too.
300 yrs later, the Roman Catholic Church decided to put together an official canon. They held councils and infallibly declared the current 27 books to be sacred scripture.
You see, it took sacred tradition and the teaching Magistrium of the Catholic Church to put together a Bible.
Remember Jethro, Christ never commanded a Bible be established for His Ministry, only a Church.
The Apostles clearly organized a hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons.
have to disagree with you history tells us that the catholic church was started by a pagan/christian emporer who put together a group of 100 scholared men together,combined paganism and christianity together to create the catholic church,why else would they use pagan dates and symbols and change the commandments to fit both religions? and what sacred traditions that are devine came before christianity? christianity is based on a one god theory and no one is to come inbetween that god and man,the catholic church has it put together the bible but it does not follow it's teachings,it commits acts of autrocity that does not follow the teachings of a god that supposedly loves us.the church is seriously fallible and the true church would not be fore god/jesus is infallible and no man can come between god and his children except jesus the true leader/head of the church.(if it exists)i asked for scriptural proof didn't get it,maybe because there is none that supports the churches claim? and why would constantine order books to be burned? what was it that he wanted hidden from the world? the truth maybe?
aussiejohn

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your video here does not make me think that RC mass is the only way to go here.The Pope is shown in the final scene holding the Monstrance.But the Words written do not point to a final RC end,but a sacrament of truth all believers in Christ share,"This do in remembrance of Me."
Given the amount of abuse the popes have chosen to ignore for so long, you wonder whether they actually can read latin. Maybe they only think of what Jesus would want during the performance of rituals, then the rest of the day they...?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying one day the 'Church will be no more'??
Good luck with that Jethro. Christ promised the "gates of hell shall not prevail"
This includes the Jethros and free minds of the world.
the gates of hell shall not prevail,but islam will, they take their religion very seriously and for the church to say something against them,well you have heard about the churches being blown up in africa?it's only the begining. if the catholic church is gods church,how come he is doing nothing to stop it??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 53 min Hebrewsunite 8,197
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr I_am_Belisarius 35
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 19 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••