Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,270
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#417046 Jan 21, 2013
Sheryland, good question. Still no answer but good inquiry. Inquiring minds need to know. :)
truth

Perth, Australia

#417045 Jan 21, 2013
pray
God listen prayers.
Before i fill shoulder arms.

now i fill wounds of foot..my feet allredy swallow in morning i can't walk..i am ok
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417047 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, its almost 930 am CST and you haven't quoted what the children at Fatima said Mary said.
We keep forgetting unless you remind us 2 to 3 times a day. Don't forget to call her a vulgar name.(Jesus may have a word with you someday)
OK... every single RCC Pope has made a pilgrimage to Fatima to pay honor to these words (Note: these words were supposedly uttered by Mary in 1917, but not released by Vatican until 1941, well after the fact - Pius was already Pope and WW2 had begun):

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

QUESTION: If you were Mary's son, would you want her to threaten the world with war like this?

Answer: No loving son would have his mother utter such words.

The self-serving words that the RCC falsely attributes to Mary is shameful slander.
truth

Perth, Australia

#417048 Jan 21, 2013
Pray if you are you victim its nothing if you could love..love is even when you suffering..our lord Jesus Christ make us close to him..its nothing who love him..he love us too.
We will win last battle with that
look upon cross..don't be riffraff even if you suffer.
Remember prayers worthy too modern then you work entire life.
I f you work entire life but on the end lose everything as well soul too then you need know your life is in vain.
truth

Perth, Australia

#417049 Jan 21, 2013
don't be afraid pray..

long time ago its been decision remove this planet..
now when you know
3x heaven not only your earth..pray
Clay

United States

#417050 Jan 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll help you "go on" with your Protestant hypocricy!!
How many Catholics were murdered by the Protestants during their "reformation"?
Calvin sought to persecute Roman Catholics so as to keep Protestant believers in the lands divided by the Reformation faithful to his new teachings. He viciously persecuted the Spaniard, Michael Servetus,a Catholic, having him burnt alive on October 27, 1553. As early as 1545, Calvin had written,“If he [Servetus] comes to Geneva, I will never allow him to depart alive.”
Melancthon, one of the more mild reformers and the editor for Luther’s many works and teachings, would write to Bullinger,“I am astonished that some persons denounce the severity that was so justly used in that case.”[In reference to execution of Roman Catholics]
Theodore of Beza wrote:“What crime can be greater or more heinous than heresy, which sets at nought the word of God and all ecclesiastic discipline? Christian magistrates, do your duty to God [speaking in Calvin's Geneva of 1554], who has put the sword into your hands for the honor of His majesty; strike valiantly these Catholic monsters in the guise of men.” He went on to characterize those who demanded freedom of conscience “worse than the tyranny of the pope. It is better to have a tyrant, no matter how cruel he may be, than to let everyone do as he pleases.”
Martin Luther also fanned the flames of Catholic intolerance,“Whoever teaches otherwise than I teach, condemns God, and must remain a child of hell.”
King Henry VIII of England, who took upon himself the role of grand royal inquisitor, took the lives of some 72,000 Catholics, many who were cruelly tortured.
Queen Elizabeth, proved herself the former’s daughter by putting to death more Catholics in one year than the Inquisition had done in 331 years!
Irish Catholic Holocaust ---. By the mid-19th century, Ireland was a country of Eight Million, mostly peasants. SNIPPED FOR SPACE
Meanwhile,“Food, from 30 to 50 shiploads per day, was removed at gunpoint (from Ireland) by 12,000 British constables, reinforced by 200,000 British soldiers, warships, excise vessels, and coast guards... Britain seized from Ireland’s producers tens of millions of head of livestock, tens of millions of tons of flour, grains, meat, poultry and dairy products-enough to sustain 18-million persons.”[20]. Note: While the British occupied Northern Ireland millions of Irish Catholics were starving from lack of food not the British.
Gallagher estimates 2 million died from the famine. Writer Chris Fogarty, places the numbers “murdered at approximately 5.16 million, making it the Irish holocaust.” Distinguished legal scholars, like Professors Charles Rice of Notre Dame U. and Francis A. Boyle, U. of Illinois, believe that under International Law, that the British pursued a barbarous policy of mass starvation of Catholics in Ireland from 1845-50, and that such conduct constituted “genocide.”
Good info.
These goofballs keep saying "Inquisition Crusades Inquisition Crusades .. "
But they don't have a clue about actual history. They are only repeating what their fanatical websites slander us with.
The Crusades were medieval wars. I believe there was a total of 9? The first was launched because Muslims conquered Jerusalem and slaughtered thousands of Catholics. They occupied the Church at the site of the Crucifixion. This was the final straw for the Church and 10,000 Catholics volunteered to counter attack.
Anyway, there is no comparison in what Protestants have done to Catholics. They've slaughtered millions of innocents. England banned Catholicism as a whole and killed anyone caught celebrating the Mass! Untold numbers of Priests went missing all over the British colonies and Ireland.
Clay

United States

#417051 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
OK... every single RCC Pope has made a pilgrimage to Fatima to pay honor to these words (Note: these words were supposedly uttered by Mary in 1917, but not released by Vatican until 1941, well after the fact - Pius was already Pope and WW2 had begun):
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
QUESTION: If you were Mary's son, would you want her to threaten the world with war like this?
Answer: No loving son would have his mother utter such words.
The self-serving words that the RCC falsely attributes to Mary is shameful slander.
hmmm. I don't see a threat there.
I see Mary begging to let her help us. She is an awesome advocate for us. But she can't act unless we act first.

Anyway, you proved to be irrelevant on this thread.
Why don't you change your name to "I obsess about the Catholic Church cuz I'm bored"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#417052 Jan 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Since you think of yourself as Self, I know you think you create....Ah, Gnosticism's arrogance....
How many atoms and galaxies did you create today?
Atoms - yes - millions, galaxies - no.

How many did you make?

Albuquerque, NM

#417053 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
972 946 857
<quoted text>
The NABRE is the New American Bible Revised Edition...
Maybe you should use a Bible that is more closer to the events.

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417054 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm. I don't see a threat there.
I see Mary begging to let her help us. She is an awesome advocate for us. But she can't act unless we act first.
Anyway, you proved to be irrelevant on this thread.
Why don't you change your name to "I obsess about the Catholic Church cuz I'm bored"
Yes, Mary "begging" for more devotion, or else. Sweet. Tell us your mother's first name and I'll attribute her name to those words and you can be proud.

Clay claims spiritual superiority and anyone who offers factual evidence to refute is somehow "obsessed."

Sorry Clay, your religion is a fraud.

Stand up and allow abused orphans their day in court. Only creeps use diplomatic immunity against justice for orphans. Yep, a society of male creeps.

Heck, the Vatican ATMs no longer work, because the creeps were laundering money again.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417055 Jan 21, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Universal 7 day weekly cycle and observance of Gods day of rest from the beginning of creation.
You can observe Saturday if you choose. But you wouldn't be a Christian, you'd be a Jew. Christians observe Sunday - the day the Lord rose.
The SDA cult emerged about a 150 yrs ago under some lady named Ellen White. She was successful in manipulating people to believe the previous 1,700 yrs of Christianity were in error because they observed Sunday. For some reason, she thought Christ didn't guide His people in truth and secretly waited to reveal His true ministry to her.
Oh yeah, Ellen also thought the Apocalypse was imminent after she read the Catholic book of Revelation.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#417056 Jan 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
002 952
<quoted text>
God said it...Christ seconded it...
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...
http://www.catholicmemes.com/captions/forever...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417057 Jan 21, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
The Catholic Church is not ashamed that she changed the day of worship. In fact, she takes pride in this action, and regards it as her 'mark' of authority and superiority over other churches and religions.
"The Sabbath, the best known day of the law, was changed into the Lord's day. These and others have not ceased because of instructions received from Christ,(because he himself says, I have not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it), but because due to the authority of the church they have been changed." Archbishop of Rheggio, Sermon on 1-18-1562, Mansi XXIII, p. 526
"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week." Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900
"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday. The fact is that the Church was in existence for several centuries before the Bible was given to the world. The Church made the Bible; the Bible did not make the Church." Things Catholics Are Asked About, by Martin J. Scott, 1927 ed, p. 136
"We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910
According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.
"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923
"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213
"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895
From the overwhelming weight of evidence, we can decisively conclude that the beast of Revelation 13 and 14 is the Roman Catholic Church, and that its mark (the mark of the beast) is Sunday observance.
Why is this mark so important? Have you ever signed a document to validate or confirm its authenticity? Have you ever given your 'seal of approval' to something? It is compulsory in any government. Only by signing, is a document authenticated. Government declarations must always bear an official mark or seal. What are the features of these governmental marks or seals? An official seal or signature must include three features:
1. The name of the official
2. The title of the official
3. The territory or domain of his authority
You should understand that you're adding to the Book of Revelation when you imply a 'government seal' or 'the Beast is the Roman Cathlic Church'.
The Beast was the evil Roman Empire that Catholics defeated and converted to Christianity. Catholicism didn't change after the conversion of Constantine. You been lied to if you believe Ellen White.
Anyway, thats not why I'm replying to this particular post.

Sunday was observed from the earliest possible moments of Christianity. It was NOT invented at the Council of Laodicia in 362 AD like your post above suggests.
I encourage you to watch this video if I am able to upload it..
The Catholic Mass
www.youtube.com/watch...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#417058 Jan 21, 2013
Try this one:

The Catholic Mass 155 AD

voobys.com/video/video.php...

Albuquerque, NM

#417059 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But she can't act unless we act first.
How do you know this?

Citation please.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#417060 Jan 21, 2013
Catholic Reality 101.........

More perverted "morality" from the One-True Fraud.

1218 -- Papal Bull issued by Pope Honorius III:

Demanded the enforcement of the 4th Lateran Council that Jews wear clothing to distinguish themselves and that Jews be made to pay the tithe to local churches.

1219 -- Papal Bull by Pope Honorius III:

Closed law schools in Paris and forbid the study of civil law.

For the next 650+ years, Hitler's mentor - the church of perverted teachings - was against most civil law, preferring instead what we call -- TOTALITARIANISM.

Why on earth do Catholics here believe this is spiritually superior?

BUSTED.... because even goofy Catholics know better.
Clay

United States

#417061 Jan 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Citation please.
This is my personal opinion. But I don't think its outside of Church teachings...

We have free will. God respects it so much, no Saint interferes with our ability to choose.

Citation? lol

As if you'd accept any citation I offered.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#417062 Jan 21, 2013
Bible Verse of The Day

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#417063 Jan 21, 2013
Benediction:

Heavenly Father, we thank You and praise You for giving us this opportunity to use the Internet to spread Your Word. We pray that this service brings many souls to salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Give us the strength and wisdom to spread the Gospel to a changing world. Although the world is changing, Your Word remains the same, so we ask for Your guidance in spreading the Word in the Spirit of Truth. Teach us new ways to shine the light of Your Word on a darkened world, and give us the strength we need to overcome our obstacles.

We pray for unity in the Christian community, and that we come together as one Body of Christ. Give us the wisdom we need to help unite the Church, and bring us together in matters of essential Christian doctrine. Teach us how to discuss our doctrinal differences, and still be united as the Body of Christ on matters of essential Truth. Help us to witness in Truth to those that are being deceived by the false gospels of the enemy. Help us to reach out in love to those caught up in cults and the false church, and bring them into Your light.

We praise You Father for showing us Your ways, and giving us Your Son and Your Spirit to light up our lives. We ask this in the name of Your Son Jesus. Amen.
Christ.com Lord Of Host
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#417064 Jan 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my personal opinion. But I don't think its outside of Church teachings...
We have free will. God respects it so much, no Saint interferes with our ability to choose.
Citation? lol
As if you'd accept any citation I offered.
Clay...God's Word says saints are those who put their faith in Christ. Why do you seem to put saints on a pedestal..like they are greater than Christians today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr dollarsbill 83,961
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Cultastic 9,038
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 17 hr swedenforever 37
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Sat YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web