Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,552
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417005 Jan 20, 2013
985 972 946 857
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I know.
Then why these words: Oxbow Sorry. You have quoted something from somewhere, I know not...

Location hidden

#417006 Jan 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right!! There is "no such thing" as bible only (sola scriptura) recorded and written down (in the Bible) ANYWHERE!!. It is a "made up" man-made, invention that was "never believed by ANYONE" until almost 200 years after the Reformation. It is "nothing" but an extension or a "spin off" of the Protestant Reformation which is just another one of the 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge of Protestant beliefs, that have "absolutely no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up (ANY of its distorted beliefs)
+
If I had any idea as to what you are trying to say...I would respond...

Location hidden

#417007 Jan 20, 2013
002 952
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote that to you.
Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.
The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
God said it...Christ seconded it...

Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...

Location hidden

#417008 Jan 20, 2013
002 952
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote that to you.
Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.
The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
And...for at least one time...the Catholics got it right...from their encyclopedia: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race......

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#417009 Jan 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I am a follower of Jesus Christ..
Since Benny Hinn is evidently standing between Anthony and God...
That means He is closer to God than Anthony is.
I don't see Benny Hinn attempting to claim a franchise or a monopoly on the Kingdom of God...even though He was raise as a Roman Catholic.
He ministers healing to them as well as the protestants. All that attend his meetings.
If you have faith and trust in Benny Hinn, so be it. Would Jesus sport that kind of wardrobe, live in a mansion, and flash giant-size diamond rings? I think not.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#417010 Jan 20, 2013
Longshanks wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers you about this statement Elizabeth? I really think you are misinterpreting the statement.
He is not saying you can't believe as methodist, lutheran, etc. He is merely saying the Catholic church is the true church of Christ. It doesn't mean anyone is being excluded from salvation.
\\\

Let us review some ancient history starting with the loathsome emperor Constintine. This guy, emperor of Rome saw that converting to Christianity would make him more powerful and secure upon his throne. After his supposed conversion, he acted in no way like a (christian) He banned the worship of any other gods, he continued to flay people alive along with all manor of horrible tortures. Previouse Roman Emperors tried to reighn in the Flavian circus and tried to stem the ocean of blood that the bloodthirsty Romans demanded.

But what did he do instead? The blood games were upgraded to new levels of horror and suffering. So, this was the contemptible beggining of your Catholic church. Over the centuries this church has murdered and subjugated millions of people and has ben the cause of untold ignorance and suffering.

They are as corrupt and souless as the US government is. Matter of fact they are allies of old for each understands well the treachery and brutality of the other. God has nothing to do with this bunch other than being the creator of everything. To bad there realy is not a hell, too bad these meglomaniacal power mad evil ruling catholic elite will never get the punishment they deserve. Not while there are millions like your self that consider them (holy) and not the monsters in human skins.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#417011 Jan 20, 2013

The apostle Peter never went to Rome, that was Paul. The gnostic Simon Magus founded the Roman Church.

www.youtube.com/playlist...

www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm
berserker

Lodi, CA

#417012 Jan 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again,(as usual) which is (exactly) like the rest of your other 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent Protestant bible only (half-truth, half heresy Christian denominations. The "only thing" proven about the Protestant "hodge-podge" of "circus-merry-go-round " beliefs of confusion and chaos is that they (have never), nor (will ever_, agree on ANYTHING accept attacking, condemning and passing their "personal opinion" judgement against the TRUTH: the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Church---the Catholic Church....... Since Martin Luther and the Reformation in the 1500's , Protestantism has acquired a "proven track record" of distorting and manipulating the TRUE interpretation of the bible

(all 42,000+ of them--- to their own "demise and destruction"!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!! I'll stick to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Christs ONLY True Church that has existed for over 2000 years. YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!
I see that you are another mad fanatical follower of the most loathsome horrible organization that has ever existed! The one true church? Would you care to tally up the total misery, murder and suffering this Catholic church has caused? They have smothered the spread of knowledge and kept humanity in the dark for far too long. This (church) has nothing to do with God and everything to do with all that is evil and detestable.

How about some of thos (historic) facts now? How about the loathsome crusades? The pope gave them a gold ticket to heaven for murdering and plundering for the church. Now lets look at all the murders they have done claiming (heresy)!!Whenever they felt threatened and the ignorant masses approved of all of this. I could go on and on. But fanatical followers always will have some justification no matter how many murders or how much suffering history correctly reports about this putrid religion.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417013 Jan 20, 2013
The Catholic Church is not ashamed that she changed the day of worship. In fact, she takes pride in this action, and regards it as her 'mark' of authority and superiority over other churches and religions.

"The Sabbath, the best known day of the law, was changed into the Lord's day. These and others have not ceased because of instructions received from Christ,(because he himself says, I have not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it), but because due to the authority of the church they have been changed." Archbishop of Rheggio, Sermon on 1-18-1562, Mansi XXIII, p. 526

"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week." Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday. The fact is that the Church was in existence for several centuries before the Bible was given to the world. The Church made the Bible; the Bible did not make the Church." Things Catholics Are Asked About, by Martin J. Scott, 1927 ed, p. 136

"We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910
According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.

"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923

"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213

"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895

From the overwhelming weight of evidence, we can decisively conclude that the beast of Revelation 13 and 14 is the Roman Catholic Church, and that its mark (the mark of the beast) is Sunday observance.

Why is this mark so important? Have you ever signed a document to validate or confirm its authenticity? Have you ever given your 'seal of approval' to something? It is compulsory in any government. Only by signing, is a document authenticated. Government declarations must always bear an official mark or seal. What are the features of these governmental marks or seals? An official seal or signature must include three features:

1. The name of the official
2. The title of the official
3. The territory or domain of his authority
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#417014 Jan 20, 2013
continued:

For example, when the President of the United States signs a bill into law, he must sign it, George Washington (name), President (title) of the United States of America (territory). Every document must be signed in this manner to be official and legal.

Looking to the Almighty Creator, we realize that He has a Heavenly Kingdom. And the document containing the law of His Kingdom is The Ten Commandments. Looking directly in the midst of them you will find the seal of the living God! "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea..." Exodus 20:11.

Notice the three distinct features:
1. Name: THE LORD ("I am the Lord: that is my name" Isaiah 42:8)
2. Title: CREATOR ("the LORD made")
3. Territory: HEAVEN AND EARTH (Heaven and earth)

Clearly, the seal of the Creator is found in the Sabbath commandment of His law. It is an acknowledgement of His authority as our Creator. When we keep His Sabbath, we are expressing that we acknowledge Him as our Creator.

On the Sabbath, we have the opportunity to worship God as our Creator. When we keep holy the day the Lord chose, we are proclaiming to the entire world that the Creator of the universe is our God! The devil, "Lucifer" is attacking the Sabbath, because he wants to be worshiped "like the Most High" Isaiah 14:14. The Creator seeks your worship on His holy Sabbath day, and Satan, seeking to be like the Creator, wants your worship on his Sunday. Which will you choose?

"And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God" Ezekiel 20:20. >index

(For more on identifying the beast, refer to The Beast of Revelation 13 & 17 eCourse.)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#417015 Jan 21, 2013
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
The Catholic Church is not ashamed that she changed the day of worship. In fact, she takes pride in this action, and regards it as her 'mark' of authority and superiority over other churches and religions.
"The Sabbath, the best known day of the law, was changed into the Lord's day. These and others have not ceased because of instructions received from Christ,(because he himself says, I have not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it), but because due to the authority of the church they have been changed." Archbishop of Rheggio, Sermon on 1-18-1562, Mansi XXIII, p. 526
"The Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claim for sacredness can be defended only on Catholic authority...In Holy Scripture from the beginning to the end we find not one single text which justifies the transfer of the weekly public worship service from the last to the first day of the week." Catholic Press, Sidney, 8-25-1900
"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday. The fact is that the Church was in existence for several centuries before the Bible was given to the world. The Church made the Bible; the Bible did not make the Church." Things Catholics Are Asked About, by Martin J. Scott, 1927 ed, p. 136
"We celebrate Sunday instead of Saturday, because the Catholic Church has transferred the sacredness from Saturday to Sunday at the council of Laodicea in the year of 364 AD." The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, from P. Geiermann, the work of Pope Pius X, on 1-25-1910
According to the Roman Catholic Church 'Sunday' is their distinct and distinguished mark of authority.
"Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." The Catholic Record, London, Ontario, September 1, 1923
"The observance of Sunday by Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) Church." Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today, by Monsignor Segur, p. 213
"But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in...observing the Sunday... they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the church, the pope." Our Sunday Visitor, Catholic weekly, Feb. 5, 1950
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act... a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters." Office of Cardinal Gibbons, through Chancellor C. F. Thomas, Nov. 11, 1895
From the overwhelming weight of evidence, we can decisively conclude that the beast of Revelation 13 and 14 is the Roman Catholic Church, and that its mark (the mark of the beast) is Sunday observance.
Why is this mark so important? Have you ever signed a document to validate or confirm its authenticity? Have you ever given your 'seal of approval' to something? It is compulsory in any government. Only by signing, is a document authenticated. Government declarations must always bear an official mark or seal. What are the features of these governmental marks or seals? An official seal or signature must include three features:
1. The name of the official
2. The title of the official
3. The territory or domain of his authority
May I ask you what 7th Day Catholic means? Thank you.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417016 Jan 21, 2013
berserker wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to tally up the total misery, murder and suffering this Catholic church has caused? Now lets look at all the murders they have done claiming (heresy)! I could go on and on.
"I'll help you "go on" with your Protestant hypocricy!!

How many Catholics were murdered by the Protestants during their "reformation"?

Calvin sought to persecute Roman Catholics so as to keep Protestant believers in the lands divided by the Reformation faithful to his new teachings. He viciously persecuted the Spaniard, Michael Servetus,a Catholic, having him burnt alive on October 27, 1553. As early as 1545, Calvin had written,“If he [Servetus] comes to Geneva, I will never allow him to depart alive.”

Melancthon, one of the more mild reformers and the editor for Luther’s many works and teachings, would write to Bullinger,“I am astonished that some persons denounce the severity that was so justly used in that case.”[In reference to execution of Roman Catholics]

Theodore of Beza wrote:“What crime can be greater or more heinous than heresy, which sets at nought the word of God and all ecclesiastic discipline? Christian magistrates, do your duty to God [speaking in Calvin's Geneva of 1554], who has put the sword into your hands for the honor of His majesty; strike valiantly these Catholic monsters in the guise of men.” He went on to characterize those who demanded freedom of conscience “worse than the tyranny of the pope. It is better to have a tyrant, no matter how cruel he may be, than to let everyone do as he pleases.”

Martin Luther also fanned the flames of Catholic intolerance,“Whoever teaches otherwise than I teach, condemns God, and must remain a child of hell.”

King Henry VIII of England, who took upon himself the role of grand royal inquisitor, took the lives of some 72,000 Catholics, many who were cruelly tortured.

Queen Elizabeth, proved herself the former’s daughter by putting to death more Catholics in one year than the Inquisition had done in 331 years!

Irish Catholic Holocaust ---. By the mid-19th century, Ireland was a country of Eight Million, mostly peasants. As a result of years of exploitation, they survived as tenant farmers and were never far from economic disaster. They were forced to exist on a single crop: the potato. A disease turned the potato into a foul slime. When the Irish masses turned to the British government for relief, they were denied.

Meanwhile,“Food, from 30 to 50 shiploads per day, was removed at gunpoint (from Ireland) by 12,000 British constables, reinforced by 200,000 British soldiers, warships, excise vessels, and coast guards... Britain seized from Ireland’s producers tens of millions of head of livestock, tens of millions of tons of flour, grains, meat, poultry and dairy products-enough to sustain 18-million persons.”[20]. Note: While the British occupied Northern Ireland millions of Irish Catholics were starving from lack of food not the British.

Gallagher estimates 2 million died from the famine. Writer Chris Fogarty, places the numbers “murdered at approximately 5.16 million, making it the Irish holocaust.” Distinguished legal scholars, like Professors Charles Rice of Notre Dame U. and Francis A. Boyle, U. of Illinois, believe that under International Law, that the British pursued a barbarous policy of mass starvation of Catholics in Ireland from 1845-50, and that such conduct constituted “genocide.”
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#417017 Jan 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
How many Catholics were murdered by the Protestants during their "reformation"?
Calvin sought to persecute Roman Catholics so as to keep Protestant believers in the lands divided by the Reformation faithful to his new teachings. He viciously persecuted the Spaniard, Michael Servetus,a Catholic, having him burnt alive on October 27, 1553. As early as 1545, Calvin had written,“If he [Servetus] comes to Geneva, I will never allow him to depart alive.”

ummm, sir, if Calvin wrote such a thing do you know why? because as it says they were coming for him. It was self defense from the holy roman empire.

Do you know why there are no christian wars today? Because the holy roman empire ended. The holy roman empire was the aggressor.

There were no Protestants in Ireland any longer following the massacre of them by the Catholics in 1640. The potato famine was from your own Roman Church who wanted to relocate the Irish to America, which is what happened, causing the Civil War. Rome's henchmen in Washington wanted the Irish soldiers to help in the takeover of the state governments. The country has been yet another catholic tyranny every since.. founded the Federal Reserve in 1913 then began ww 1 & 2, funded the Russian Revolution. Vietnam. Rwanda and across Africa killing non-catholic Christians. Rome still rules the world. Able to keep it all under wraps as an NWO and total control of the media.

some of its here..

www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/esp_vatica...

Since: Nov 08

usa

#417022 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Like other Roman Catholics here -- all "bashed" by "haters."
I see your problem.
How dare anyone dispute the claim of 'one-true' spiritual superiority? It's crazy -- they ask for historical, real-life evidence beyond 'because we say so.'
Great Catholic post above. It speaks pointedly to that Catholic perfect teaching thing.
TRUTH, JUSTICE, REFORMATION AMERICA :o)
in defense of myself i do not bash catholics here,i bash the church for it's lack of responding to the child abuse problem over the decades,and now the man that knows the most about it,is made pope to keep us from finding out the whole truth,and that is wrong,he is guilty of a crime and should be punished for it just any person wpould be after all he's just an ordinary man with diplomatic immunity.

United States

#417023 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
quoting Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.

The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.
-
-
Clay wrote:
Oh bigoted one, the first Church is all that matters. Christ promised to be with them til the end; the gates of hell will never prevail against it; its built on rock;
I don't care what they eventually called themselves.. its the same structural organization in an unbroken line. And you have to admit, the Catholic Church - despite having all their first Popes murdered; upwards of 70 million martyrd since Christ; scandals in the clergy; tyrants and kings waging war against her; countless bigots like you spreading lie after lie ..... and they are still here.
When will you learn? You have the biggest disadvantage known to man, Guest. You're going up against Jesus Christ and the Church He established. You can't win!
-
-
O! brainwashed one!... the TRUTH is all that matters! Christ promised his PRESENCE 'til the end and he meant it.
-
His *presence* is in his words, "Love your neighbor as yourself."
-
NOT the words of the 'pope' who ordered "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
according to you - a bigot is one who tells the actual truth which YOU can't handle.
-
You will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
-
From what?
-
The truth sets you free from ALL the lies ... such as, "torture, death and destruction of *heretics*."
-
...Jesus NEVER ordered that! what can possibly make you think a mere POPE has the *right* to?
Clay

United States

#417024 Jan 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the church doesn't lie? they lied about the extent of the abuse,they lied about laundering money,and they lied about bank fraud,there lying about being the true church,they lie about the traditions that exist only within the catholic church,show me one shred of proof that i'm wrong in all i just stated.
I the Church doesn't lie or use deception in her teachings, and you can't prove otherwise.

You followed it up with a rant about money laundering and fraud.
Case closed.

usa

#417026 Jan 21, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ex-Catholic and yet, you continue to visit these Catholic threads. For a long time now, I have been reading many of your posts and I have no doubt about your true motives.
You keep coming back in order to:
1- Bash the Church in an attempt to keep others from possibly joining the Church and therefore add to the number of haters of the Church. You do this in order to mitigate the guilt you feel for abandoning the true Church (you do know in your heart that Catholicism is the truth but you have chosen yourself over God).
2- You seek sympathy from other haters such as yourself because you want to be perceived as a victim and the Church as a monster. Of course, you do this in a futile effort to validate your contempt for the Catholic Church.
“I don't care what anyone says”
There you have it. You have decided that you WILL NOT listen to the truth because you are too proud and rebellious.
I can only feel sorry for you. You have chosen the path that leads to destruction.
she has chosen the right path,for a church to knowingly allow child abuse to go inside it's walls and say and do nothing is abominable,that goes for all of them,this is a catholic forum so we decuss the catholic church.as stated by me,the church pissed off islam,they are blowing up catholic churches in africa,it's probably a smart thing to get out of the church cause the next one that they blow could be the one YOU ARE SITTING IN.for me it's the lie they are spreading about being the true church,that is a falsehood,considering it's history of horrors and the fact that god/jesus has done nothing to stop them,one can conclude it's not the true church,stop and think about it,if it were you who in charge of a conglomerate like the catholic church and things were going bad like they are,wouldn't step in and do something to stop it? people are leaving by the hundreds,churches,schools,hosp itals run by the church are closing all bnecause they were STUPID,they allowed pedophile priests to remain among the public in reach of children and god/jesus did nothing to stop it so that says it's not their church,it is just a construction of one mans ideals to keep his nation happy and that was emporer constantine,he is the creator of the catholic church,not a god or the son of a god,it is not written anywhere in scripture the catholic church is the church jesus mentions on building in the book of mathew,he says "MY CHURCH" not catholic church just my church,where jesus is,so is his church,i doubt he would leave it in the hands of corrupt,inmoral,fallible man.To lead the true church you would have to be infallible like jesus and god are suppose to be,We do not know for sure a god even exists it's a guess,it's called blind faith for a reason,because the scriptures can be proven they are the true story of a god.if YOU can prove beyond a doubt the one god theory is true,and the catholic church is the true church,show the proof.

usa

#417027 Jan 21, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts confuse them.
Links make them angry.
The price of spiritual superiority.
to be clear,your telling me the catholic church is superior over others?? a simple yes or no will do. you can explain why or why not later.

usa

#417028 Jan 21, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bit incorrect. I come here to try to understand how in the world I ever believed in some of the obvious nonsense grown men teach! All I can come up with was I was a kid, my Dad was dying and I was very vulnerable. Needed something to cling to. I WILL listen to truth if I find any here. As for me choosing the path that leads to destruction - are you saying all non-Catholics have chosen that? If you are, you are way out of line. There are many, many pious and good non-Catholics. As I've said countless times before, when I was young I never questioned. Now I surely do! I will state true motives any and every time. I haven't a thing to hide. In fact, I have a few nice memories. Do you honestly believe your church has the "fullness of truth?" It does NOT. I don't think you're a bad person for believing it, I just think your religion is in error in many ways.
very well put Sherlayne.as the poem/song says:When I was young and they packed me off to school
And taught me how not to play the game,
I didn't mind if they groomed me for success,
Or if they said that I was a fool.
So I left there in the morning
With their God tucked underneath my arm --
Their half-assed smiles and the book of rules.
So I asked this God a question
And by way of firm reply,
He said -- I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.
So to my old headmaster (and to anyone who cares):
Before I'm through I'd like to say my prayers --
I don't believe you:
You had the whole damn thing all wrong --
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.
Well you can excomunicate me on my way to Sunday school
And have all the bishops harmonize these lines --
How do you dare tell me that I'm my Father's son
When that was just an accident of Birth.
I'd rather look around me -- compose a better song
`cos that's the honest measure of my worth.
In your pomp and all your glory you're a poorer man than me,
As you lick the boots of death born out of fear.
I don't believe you:
You had the whole damn thing all wrong --
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays.

usa

#417029 Jan 21, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
More - Do I come here to keep others from joining? Hell, no! I'm a truthseeker and a realist. Believe what you want. Some of the stuff I see posted here makes me realize some folks are just stuck on stupid. THEY are the ones who will not consider TRUTH. When a person refuses to open their mind and consider alternate viewpoints, it's called "brainwashed". They are the ones to feel sorry for.
JETHRO:your a realist? you stealing my religion?i'm a realist/evolutionist, off to the dungeon with you,rations of bread and water only, if we remember to feed you,then the rack for you,after a good stretching,40 lashes across your back,and then one of the most hiddeous devices the church torturers invented "THE PEAR!",a painful device that is inserted in a certain area, two places on women one on man (you catch my drift?)very painful,tears a person apart inside,most die from infection after the use of this device.now aren't you glad i'm not catholic?? and welcome to my religion (standing ovation). question,do you believe in evolution at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 25 min Scales Off 8,533
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 6 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) 20 hr kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) 21 hr tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE