Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,616
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416988 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ex-Catholic and yet, you continue to visit these Catholic threads. For a long time now, I have been reading many of your posts and I have no doubt about your true motives.
You keep coming back in order to:
1- Bash the Church in an attempt to keep others from possibly joining the Church and therefore add to the number of haters of the Church. You do this in order to mitigate the guilt you feel for abandoning the true Church (you do know in your heart that Catholicism is the truth but you have chosen yourself over God).
2- You seek sympathy from other haters such as yourself because you want to be perceived as a victim and the Church as a monster. Of course, you do this in a futile effort to validate your contempt for the Catholic Church.
“I don't care what anyone says”
There you have it. You have decided that you WILL NOT listen to the truth because you are too proud and rebellious.
I can only feel sorry for you. You have chosen the path that leads to destruction.
You're a bit incorrect. I come here to try to understand how in the world I ever believed in some of the obvious nonsense grown men teach! All I can come up with was I was a kid, my Dad was dying and I was very vulnerable. Needed something to cling to. I WILL listen to truth if I find any here. As for me choosing the path that leads to destruction - are you saying all non-Catholics have chosen that? If you are, you are way out of line. There are many, many pious and good non-Catholics. As I've said countless times before, when I was young I never questioned. Now I surely do! I will state true motives any and every time. I haven't a thing to hide. In fact, I have a few nice memories. Do you honestly believe your church has the "fullness of truth?" It does NOT. I don't think you're a bad person for believing it, I just think your religion is in error in many ways.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416989 Jan 20, 2013
More - Do I come here to keep others from joining? Hell, no! I'm a truthseeker and a realist. Believe what you want. Some of the stuff I see posted here makes me realize some folks are just stuck on stupid. THEY are the ones who will not consider TRUTH. When a person refuses to open their mind and consider alternate viewpoints, it's called "brainwashed". They are the ones to feel sorry for.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416990 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the church doesn't lie? they lied about the extent of the abuse,they lied about laundering money,and they lied about bank fraud,there lying about being the true church,they lie about the traditions that exist only within the catholic church,show me one shred of proof that i'm wrong in all i just stated.
Facts confuse them.

You could post 100 links, it will mean nothing.

The cult will continue to chant "All 6783 Popes have been perfect in every way and anything to the contrary is just rumor, forgery, hatred, nah, nah, nah..."

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416991 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ex-Catholic and yet, you continue to visit these Catholic threads. For a long time now, I have been reading many of your posts and I have no doubt about your true motives.
You keep coming back in order to:
1- Bash the Church in an attempt to keep others from possibly joining the Church and therefore add to the number of haters of the Church. You do this in order to mitigate the guilt you feel for abandoning the true Church (you do know in your heart that Catholicism is the truth but you have chosen yourself over God).
2- You seek sympathy from other haters such as yourself because you want to be perceived as a victim and the Church as a monster. Of course, you do this in a futile effort to validate your contempt for the Catholic Church.
“I don't care what anyone says”
There you have it. You have decided that you WILL NOT listen to the truth because you are too proud and rebellious.
I can only feel sorry for you. You have chosen the path that leads to destruction.
You and the RCC are horrible, wicked and downright cruel with your gay-bashing. Responsible for countless acts of violence against them. And you feel justified, don't you? You should be ashamed of spreading your hatred/homophobia. Look what it does to people!
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416992 Jan 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
More - Do I come here to keep others from joining? Hell, no! I'm a truthseeker and a realist. Believe what you want. Some of the stuff I see posted here makes me realize some folks are just stuck on stupid. THEY are the ones who will not consider TRUTH. When a person refuses to open their mind and consider alternate viewpoints, it's called "brainwashed". They are the ones to feel sorry for.
Ex-Catholic here.

Imagine! They believe the world media, banking authorities in the USA and EU, greedy lawyers for orphans and deaf children -- are all plotting against them.

We are here trying to destroy the Church.

Harmlessly goofy, but with a creepy side too me thinks.

We just need to accept their spiritual superiority -- as displayed here every day :o)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416993 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I take this that you were asking a question Oxbow.
Look LTM, here's yours and the buffoon Oxbow's problem; you both claim the bible and only the bible is your rule of faith, then you both claim to be led by the Holy Spirit unto all truth when you read it. He says the Holy Spirit guided truth he gets from the bible is that Jesus is NOT God. How can you say he's wrong when it's the "Holy Spirit" telling him this?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416994 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Like other Roman Catholics here -- all "bashed" by "haters."
I see your problem.
How dare anyone dispute the claim of 'one-true' spiritual superiority? It's crazy -- they ask for historical, real-life evidence beyond 'because we say so.'
Great Catholic post above. It speaks pointedly to that Catholic perfect teaching thing.
TRUTH, JUSTICE, REFORMATION AMERICA :o)
And "Jesus Approved" slaughter of 55 million innocents....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416995 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not Regina, although I admire her for standing up for the Church Christ founded.
"The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures".
By whom??? Under who's authority? Who determines who has such authority?
"Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God".
But according to you people, every person is their own authority to interpret the Bible. Who decides who's interpretation is wrong and who's is right?
U Sho Nuf Is Purdy !!!!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416996 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts confuse them.
You could post 100 links, it will mean nothing.
The cult will continue to chant "All 6783 Popes have been perfect in every way and anything to the contrary is just rumor, forgery, hatred, nah, nah, nah..."
Another Protestant Reformation USA and Jesus approved dogma; The Internet Never Lies....

Lol.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416997 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And "Jesus Approved" slaughter of 55 million innocents....
Yes, according to the Second Secret of Fatima.

About that many died in World War, all ordered up by Jesus.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Creepy stuff.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416998 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Protestant Reformation USA and Jesus approved dogma; The Internet Never Lies....
Lol.
No one said that. You are being goofy again.

Mexico City is calling you. Live out your life in a morally superior Catholic society.

Terrible, awful Reformation America doesn't deserve you. Go where most churches are TRUE, like you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#416999 Jan 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, are you a follower of Benny Hinn? You gotta be kidding! He's the biggest phony going!
~~~

I am a follower of Jesus Christ..

Since Benny Hinn is evidently standing between Anthony and God...

That means He is closer to God than Anthony is.

I don't see Benny Hinn attempting to claim a franchise or a monopoly on the Kingdom of God...even though He was raise as a Roman Catholic.

He ministers healing to them as well as the protestants. All that attend his meetings.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417000 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo rants -- "nothing to discuss or debate"
I agree. You have no proof and only self-produced, biased "evidence."
Wrong again,(as usual) which is (exactly) like the rest of your other 42,000+ contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent Protestant bible only (half-truth, half heresy Christian denominations. The "only thing" proven about the Protestant "hodge-podge" of "circus-merry-go-round " beliefs of confusion and chaos is that they (have never), nor (will ever_, agree on ANYTHING accept attacking, condemning and passing their "personal opinion" judgement against the TRUTH: the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only) True Church---the Catholic Church....... Since Martin Luther and the Reformation in the 1500's , Protestantism has acquired a "proven track record" of distorting and manipulating the TRUE interpretation of the bible (all 42,000+ of them--- to their own "demise and destruction"!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!! I'll stick to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Christs ONLY True Church that has existed for over 2000 years. YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#417001 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
969
<quoted text>
Clay wrote: Its in scripture Ox.
So your "its in scripture" is nothing but hot air.....know why?? Because there is no such....
That is right!! There is "no such thing" as bible only (sola scriptura) recorded and written down (in the Bible) ANYWHERE!!. It is a "made up" man-made, invention that was "never believed by ANYONE" until almost 200 years after the Reformation. It is "nothing" but an extension or a "spin off" of the Protestant Reformation which is just another one of the 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge of Protestant beliefs, that have "absolutely no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up (ANY of its distorted beliefs)

+
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#417002 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
952
<quoted text>
I did not write: Oxbow , Jesus is the word , and the word was God.
All things came into being through Him, this makes Jesus God the creator. Gen.1 :1 In the beginng God created the Heavens and the earth.
I wrote that to you.

Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#417003 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
well time to go,patriots game is on,they will be playing san francisco in the superbowl,once they win tonights game.good night people,be safe stay warm,make some hot chocolate and watch the game.
49ers are going to the super bowl Jethro.
I am a 49ers fan from way back.
It is fridget up here Jethro about 40 minus, and it hasn't stop snowing all week. I think this is the first day it hasn't snowed.
How you doing Jethro, are you feeling ok?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417004 Jan 20, 2013
984 972
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
This is the first time you asked....
But it is obvious. There are about 100 trillion connections in the human brain. When God emptied himself out to become a human, he necessarlily limited himself to the human brain. And so the time and date of everything and events in the universe cannot be held in a human brain.
No it is not the first time I asked the question....and it is not the first time that it has remained unanswered...why??? Because Christ was/is not God.

God and Christ said so...more than once:
Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417005 Jan 20, 2013
985 972 946 857
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
I know.
Then why these words: Oxbow Sorry. You have quoted something from somewhere, I know not...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417006 Jan 20, 2013
001
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right!! There is "no such thing" as bible only (sola scriptura) recorded and written down (in the Bible) ANYWHERE!!. It is a "made up" man-made, invention that was "never believed by ANYONE" until almost 200 years after the Reformation. It is "nothing" but an extension or a "spin off" of the Protestant Reformation which is just another one of the 42,000+ contradicting (hodge-podge of Protestant beliefs, that have "absolutely no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up (ANY of its distorted beliefs)
+
If I had any idea as to what you are trying to say...I would respond...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#417007 Jan 20, 2013
002 952
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote that to you.
Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words,“I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30,“I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared,“I and the Father are one”(John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared,“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).
John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:“the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh”(John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us,“Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!
Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus,“My Lord and my God”(John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus,“But about the Son He says,’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.
In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.
The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
God said it...Christ seconded it...

Quote: He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Any Scripture that is interpreted as saying the opposite shows a Bible that contradicts itself...that is impossible.. the Word of God is infallible...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,649
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... 16 hr RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' 22 hr RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Fri KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE