Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,561
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416924 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you don't conprehend the seriousness of calling a cow holy.
My grammer skills should be the least of your worry's.
I agree with the person who posted the nut icon.

I am nuts for responding to anything anthony posts.
and a few others on here.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416925 Jan 20, 2013
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, it's strange reading a Catholic asking for links as back-up. Everything is easily found with a simple Google search. No problem. Wouldn't it be nice if BOTH sides used the same standards?!
Mary's words at Fatima, 1917:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Again, a simple search will show pages of supporting links, plus everything is footnoted.
RCC and diplomatic immunity:
Wikileaks caused a lot of press, especially in Ireland.
http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27593
Of course you mmay view many sources as "anti-Catholic," but you can easily research to verify info. This link provides some history:
http://www.concordatwatch.eu/showtopic.php...
Look, it's already Monday in Australia!
"Archbishop used immunity in civil suit"
http://www.smh.com.au/world/archbishop-used-i...
Again, this is easy to confirm. You'll find news stories worldwide. Heck, I even provided a link from tomorrow (Australia).
Now for the excuses and denial -- exactly the opposite of what the RCC claims is needed for a "true confession."
I post these links because "official teaching" or not, these links show RCC fraud, lies, and immoral behavior -- at the institutional level.

These are not the sins of mere individuals. These are examples of institutional RCC fraud, lies, and immorality.

Spiritually and morally superior? Nope, BUSTED.
marge

Ames, IA

#416926 Jan 20, 2013
You fool me not wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.catholicmemes.com/quotes/things-je...
Jesus founded the Catholic Church; he didn’t leave us the Bible.
The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church; God didn’t throw it down on Earth from heaven.
Jesus did not give you, so-called Just_a_Christian, the official authority to interpret the Bible correctly and without error.
You are not your own pope or anybody else's pope. Your personal interpretation of the Bible is just it-personal. It’s not binding on you or anybody else.
Stop being so hateful and arrogant.
Please stop leading people astray and on the path to hell.
Regina is that you? nice pic lol.

The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures. Their doctrines are of no value unless they accord with the Bible. Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416927 Jan 20, 2013
CommanderRiker wrote:
Hmm. So if the Roman Catholic Church is the only one true church...then what are all these buildings at every street corner with crosses on them doing there, and what is their purpose?
They are community centers and they don't do much.

That's why I'm amazed that the true and superior ones aren't enjoying the fruits of their faith by moving south, where the majority of church buildings are true churches?
marge

Ames, IA

#416928 Jan 20, 2013
"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth."
marge

Ames, IA

#416929 Jan 20, 2013
The apostles always affirmed that the doctrines which they maintained respecting the Messiah were in accordance with the Jewish scriptures. The Bereans made diligent and earnest inquiry in respect to this, and were willing to ascertain the truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#416930 Jan 20, 2013
The Scriptures should be examined daily. If we wish to arrive at the truth, they should be the object of constant study. That man has very little reason to expect that he will grow in knowledge and grace who does not peruse, with candor and with prayer, a portion of the Bible every day.

The constant searching of the Scriptures is the best way to keep the mind from error. He who does not do it daily may expect to "be carried about with every wind of doctrine," and to have no settled opinions.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416931 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
FACT: Catholics talk about all kinds of level;s of faith. And they slide back and forth in order to avoid truth and reality.
"Deposit of faith - nothing can change it" -- baloney. It changes so much you can't even tell us what the "infallible teachings" are!
FACT: Fatima, every Pope since 1917 makes the pilgrimage.
FACT: Called by Popes "the most important" in church history.
OK, when Catholic-in-denial stops spinning, I ASK AGAIN -- please tell us where we can find a list of the "infallible teachings" of this deposit of faith?
In short, it helps the spin and BS when things are made overly complicated and above all -- no one can provide specifics.
I don't think you can find a list of infallible teachings. I believe the when the Church holes council, its considered an infallible moment. But I'm not sure nor do I really care.
BTW, how come you care?
marge

Ames, IA

#416932 Jan 20, 2013
The Jews in Berea applied seriously to the study of the word preached unto them.

They not only heard Paul preach on the sabbath, but daily searched the Scriptures, and compared what they read with the facts related to them.

The doctrine of Christ does not fear inquiry; advocates for his cause desire no more than that people will fully and fairly examine whether things are so or not.

Those are truly noble, and likely to be more and more so, who make the Scriptures their rule, and consult them accordingly.

May all the hearers of the gospel become like those of Berea, receiving the word with readiness of mind, and searching the Scriptures daily, whether the things preached to them are so.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#416933 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Hail Mary that Catholics say so often?"
Answer: The “Hail Mary,” Ave Maria in Latin, is a Roman Catholic prayer to the Virgin Mary that consists of salutations and a plea for her intercession. Also, the term "Hail Mary pass" was used by the press to describe a pass by Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach in a 1975 divisional playoff game and has come to be synonymous in football with a long pass that has little chance of success. The text of the Hail Mary prayer incorporates two Bible passages:“Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee" (Luke 1:28) and “Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb" (Luke 1:42). The first passage is the angel Gabriel’s greeting to Mary when he came to inform her that she had been chosen to bear the Messiah. The second is her cousin Elizabeth’s greeting to Mary when Mary came to visit her cousin, who was also pregnant at the time with John the Baptist. The third part of the Hail Mary prayer is not from the Bible and is, in fact, in direct contradiction to Scriptural truth:“Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”
This last part of the Hail Mary prayer has three unbiblical parts to it. First, Mary is not and never was “holy.” Mary was a human being who was born, as all humans are, with a sin nature and who recognized that she needed a Savior. In fact, the very passage used in the Hail Mary, known as Mary’s Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55), contains the declaration “my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,” a clear indication that she understood her need for a Savior from sin. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).
The second unbiblical part of the Hail Mary is addressing Mary as the “Mother of God.” Mary was the human mother of the human Jesus Christ, who was indeed God incarnate. But she was not the mother of God, neither is she the ”queen of heaven,” another title given to her by the Catholic Church which has no basis in Scripture. God doesn’t have a mother, nor does He have a queen. He is an eternal, infinite Being, uncreated and unborn, self-sufficient and self-sustaining.
The third unbiblical statement in the Hail Mary is the plea for her to “pray for us sinners.” Here we see the unbiblical practice of praying to Mary to intercede with God for us. First, we do not need an intercessor with God. Christ is the only intercessor we need. Through Jesus and Him alone, we have direct access to the Father. Christ alone mediates and intercedes between God and man.“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”(1 Timothy 2:5). Prayer to anyone other than God alone is anti-biblical. Praying to Mary or petitioning her to pray for us is against the Scriptures. Prayer is an act of worship. When we pray to God, we are admitting that we need His help. Directing our prayers to anyone other than God is robbing God of the glory that is His alone, something God hates and will not tolerate (Isaiah 42:8).
While Mary was certainly a godly young woman greatly blessed in that she was chosen to bear the Savior of the world, she was not in any way divine, nor was she sinless, nor is she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
yougotquestions.com
Truth from the Word of God that cannot be refuted....but is denied by Catholics...

Location hidden

#416934 Jan 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want a learn about what was written, one must step outside the comfort of Christianity.
For a very good beginning point on textual criticism, you should read Bart Ehrman's book, "Misquoting Jesus", and then utilize that step in understanding the misconceptions of the Bible.
Good luck.
Being led by the Holy Spirit, I have no problem understanding the Word of God..He, God, said that Jesus Christ is His Son...
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416935 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you can find a list of infallible teachings. I believe the when the Church holes council, its considered an infallible moment. But I'm not sure nor do I really care.
BTW, how come you care?
Why do you NOT care?

You claim spiritual superiority because you possess perfect and infallible teachings.

DUH!!!!!!!!! So why don't you know what they are?

Every time anyone points out how "perfect teachings" have proven to be wrong, or have changed completely -- you and others claim they are not "official" teachings or whatever.

Stop being so goofy. If anyone else claimed to have "perfect teaching on morals," YOU would surely say "show me."

Ahhhh, get it yet?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416936 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, how come you care?
Clay writes -- "I believe the when the Church holes council, its considered an infallible moment. But I'm not sure nor do I really care."

Clay ADMITS he (1.) doesn't know and (2.) doesn't care, but that doesn't stop him from calling names and telling others they are wrong.

You are a big man to admit this. Now never forget this truth.

(We forgive you.)

Location hidden

#416937 Jan 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We pray to her for her intercession on our behalf to God.
God gets the worship. Pray for intercession.
Nothing new here, Oxbow.
Glad to see you admit the truth...Catholics pray to the Mother of Jesus...which has no foundation in Scripture and is opposite to what Christ taught.....
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416938 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't accept the truth Oxbow.
Its bibical, they don't believe what the bible says.
The catholic's wrote their own bible its called the catechism that is what they follow.
Which goes against Gods Holy Scriptures; yet they take credit for giving the bible to the world.
Hmmm still trying to figure that one out.
Here's a prime example of the problem with protestant like you and him. Oxbow says Jesus is NOT God, but is only the Son of God. You and him exchange amens, but he's denying he divinity of Christ. Do you think Jesus is happy about you agreeing with someone who denies Him?

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416939 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Got it. Under the banner of spiritual-superiority, another RCC goofball claims the RCC "interprets the Bible correctly and without error."
OK goofball catholic, it's been a long time -- where's the beef?
What are the historical fruits of these perfect teachings?
Why do you live in a country founded on traditionally anti-catholic ideals?
Move south and enjoy your totalitarian catholic ethic in the real world.
No? Go figure?
I got it too. You don't like the truth, I understand. When one doesn't want to hear the truth, the first reaction is always anger, just like the reaction you displayed.
If you don't believe that the Bible you read and that you use as a weapon against Catholics, was not given to humanity by the Catholic Church, then tell me, WHERE DID IT COME FROM? Moreover, how do you know that the Bible IS the inspired word of God? Hint: Because the Catholic Church has Jesus' authority to tell you so. You need to stop repeating like a parrot the falsehoods you hear about Jesus' Church. Research the basis of those false claims, study the history of Christianity and the early Church Fathers. You'll be surprised by the truth. However, I doubt that you will follow my advice. Only humble people want to know the truth.
If you don't like the message, don't take out on the messenger, for the message is not mine. Take it out on God. Good luck with that ...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416940 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you don't conprehend the seriousness of calling a cow holy.
My grammer skills should be the least of your worry's.
I think you should ignore my figure of speech and work on your obvious lack of intellect and comprehension. As I've said many times, you have absolutely no business interpreting scripture because you are dangerous with a bible and anyone who listens to you puts their soul in jeopardy.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416941 Jan 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina is that you? nice pic lol.
The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures. Their doctrines are of no value unless they accord with the Bible. Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God.
No, I am not Regina, although I admire her for standing up for the Church Christ founded.
"The preaching of ministers should be examined by the Scriptures".
By whom??? Under who's authority? Who determines who has such authority?
"Every preacher should expect his doctrines to be examined in this way, and to be rejected if they are not in accordance with the Word of God".
But according to you people, every person is their own authority to interpret the Bible. Who decides who's interpretation is wrong and who's is right?
LTM

#416942 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a prime example of the problem with protestant like you and him. Oxbow says Jesus is NOT God, but is only the Son of God. You and him exchange amens, but he's denying he divinity of Christ. Do you think Jesus is happy about you agreeing with someone who denies Him?
Show me the post Anthony. And show me where I amen him saying that.
LTM

#416943 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Being led by the Holy Spirit, I have no problem understanding the Word of God..He, God, said that Jesus Christ is His Son...
Anthony this is true from Oxbow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,533
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) 21 hr kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) 22 hr tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE