Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,057
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416899 Jan 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to cite the quote from Mary. Find it and cite it.
Find and cite the instances of diplomatic immunity and who it's extended to.
Just back something, anything up with a fact. Once.
Dan, it's strange reading a Catholic asking for links as back-up. Everything is easily found with a simple Google search. No problem. Wouldn't it be nice if BOTH sides used the same standards?!

Mary's words at Fatima, 1917:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Again, a simple search will show pages of supporting links, plus everything is footnoted.

RCC and diplomatic immunity:

Wikileaks caused a lot of press, especially in Ireland.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/27593

Of course you mmay view many sources as "anti-Catholic," but you can easily research to verify info. This link provides some history:

http://www.concordatwatch.eu/showtopic.php...

Look, it's already Monday in Australia!

"Archbishop used immunity in civil suit"

http://www.smh.com.au/world/archbishop-used-i...

Again, this is easy to confirm. You'll find news stories worldwide. Heck, I even provided a link from tomorrow (Australia).

Now for the excuses and denial -- exactly the opposite of what the RCC claims is needed for a "true confession."
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416900 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for slander, propaganda, rumors, deception and violation of the 9th commandment.
Try posting an argument without bearing false witness. Can you guys function without being deceitful???
Jethro, are you Christian?
Try addressing what you claim is false. Be a man -- be specific. Maybe provide some links to back your claims.(Oops, sorry, Catholics don't do that, I forgot.)

"Snipped for slander" -- You have learned denial and censorship well. Your spiritually superior church is a good teacher.

I never imagined that God would require so much censorship for his 'superior church.'

("... for ye shall know them by their deeds.")

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#416901 Jan 20, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Mary was barely mentioned in the Gospels. She was completely omitted from the very first Nicene Creed ordered up by Constantine.
Glad you are making up for lost time.
Ironic isn't it -- that Mary's status would be the beginning of the great East-West Schism (Filioque controversy, late 500's)
Why couldn't the Gospel writers made it clear in the first place? Many Catholics killed each other during the heydays of the Schisms.
BUSTED
"Ironic isn't it -- that Mary's status would be the beginning of the great East-West Schism (Filioque controversy, late 500's)"

tells the tale.....

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416902 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fatima had nothing to do with the deposit of faith.
In fact, the deposit of faith is so sacred and built on rock, that nothing can change it. Not even a 'secret' hand delivered to our Pope from a person who said its from the Virgin Mary can change it.
EVEN if there was a supernatural event attached to the claim, as in the case of the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima.
This is why the Catholic Church is unique. Nothing can undo what the Apostles taught.
pick any 42,000 Protestant sect and you will find out every single one has reversed what was originally taught. Whether its sola scripture or sola fide or worse... Jesus is not God!
You can't provide any info (without lying) to show otherwise.
FACT: Catholics talk about all kinds of level;s of faith. And they slide back and forth in order to avoid truth and reality.

"Deposit of faith - nothing can change it" -- baloney. It changes so much you can't even tell us what the "infallible teachings" are!

FACT: Fatima, every Pope since 1917 makes the pilgrimage.

FACT: Called by Popes "the most important" in church history.

OK, when Catholic-in-denial stops spinning, I ASK AGAIN -- please tell us where we can find a list of the "infallible teachings" of this deposit of faith?

In short, it helps the spin and BS when things are made overly complicated and above all -- no one can provide specifics.

Albuquerque, NM

#416903 Jan 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
THE THEOTOKOS
by Archbishop Dmitri of Dallas and the South
The piety of the Church gives a rather prominent place to the one whom we call the Theotokos, she who gave birth to God, the ever-virgin Mary. On August 15th, we celebrate the major feast day known as the Dormition or Falling-asleep of the Mother of God. Three weeks from that date, on September 8th, we celebrate her birth. There are, of course, other feasts in her honor, and no service of the Church fails to make reference to her. Prayers are addressed to her and hymns to her glorification are sung. In them we call her "more honorable than the cherubim and without compare more glorious than the Seraphim Ö"
It is difficult to understand a Christian piety that does not include the most Holy Theotokos.
http://www.orthodoxresearchinstitute.org/arti...
Are you Orthodox?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#416904 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a couple 'bad Popes' Jethro, not a lot.
Perhaps 3 out of 265, and only God knows if they were truly bad and not the victims of vicious rumors.
But, lets just say they were really bad... that's less than 1%.. if 10 were corrupt, that's around 3%
Now, if you say the Church lies in her teachings, I ask which ones?
You can't provide any evidence because its not there. However, all Protestants need to lie to prove the CC wrong. That's exactly why I know I'm in the correct Church. You guys rely on deception in order to
function as a religious group.
Dream on.
I don't bother posting much here any more due to the constant childishness and politics here.
However, THIS Christian will not allow your ridiculous comments to go unchallenged.
"Tell us where we're wrong', you said... Well:

praying to Mary is WRONG. Jesus never authorized anyone to pray to her.

"Mary is the Co-redeemer" WRONG. JESUS IS THE REDEEMER.

"Mary saves all whom Jesus rejects" WRONG. Jesus CLEARLY expressed that those who are ashamed of Him (unbelievers) He will cast out. Those who identify with Him (believers) He will in no wise cast out.
Mary saves no one.
JESUS SAVES.

"Mary was crowned queen of Heaven by God" WRONG. In fact, God detests the very term.

Purgatory is the first place Roman Catholics go upon their death to be cleansed of unconfessed sins before being allowed to enter Heaven" WRONG.
The Bible God gave us CLEARLY states, "It is appointed once for men to die, then the judgement".
Purgatory does not exist, either as a place, or a 'state of mind'... It is merely romanist fiction, invented by pope 'innocent 3d', and enforced in belief with threats of excommunication, imprisonment, and burning to death as heretics anyone who refused to believe his lies.

"The Church has seven sacraments" ... WRONG. Firstly, that term is not even mentioned in the Bible God gave us. ORDINANCES are, and there are TWO... the Lord's Table, and Baptism.

"Statuary is recognized and permitted in the Church".. WRONG.
God detests statuary, and in fact, the bible clearly warns against erection of them in the church or elsewhere, for the purposes of worship, adoration, etc... They are false gods, and no one is to kneel before them. The Bible tells us, Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Lev_26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deu_29:17 And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them
Psa_106:36 And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
Psa_115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa_135:15 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Isa_2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
Isa_2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
Isa_45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
Hab_2:18 What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
Zec_10:2 For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.
Rev_9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

I could go on for months on end discussing this and how WRONG romanism is. You are simply refusing to see the truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#416905 Jan 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
III. CHRIST JESUS -- "MEDIATOR AND FULLNESS OF ALL REVELATION"25
God has said everything in his Word
...yet you only believe in what men have designated?

Why don't you believe Jesus?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416906 Jan 20, 2013
OK goofballs -- "deposit of faith" -- "perfect teachings" -- from 1600 to 200 years -- "Nothing has changed."

Super! So where the list of "perfect, infallible teachings?"

PS..........

It's interesting that after Martin Luther, Popes "infallibly" taught that Protestants were outside the Church and doomed to Hell.

Has anything changed that?

In the early 1300's, a Pope declared infallibly that no one outside the RCC could be saved.

Has that changed "infallibly?"

No problem, just show us an official unchanging list.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Albuquerque, NM

#416907 Jan 20, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you enjoy your little tin gods, As for me and my house hold we will worship the Lord God Almighty. THE MOST HIGH GOD .
What kind of 'demon' runs away from Jesus' words, but worships "God"?

Definitely not "Christian". Are you Jewish?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416908 Jan 20, 2013
Question for Catholic goofballs...

How many levels of belief does the RCC have?

This one should be easy, right?

Please provide a link to a listing of the TOP LEVEL beliefs?

Heck, how about a link to the RCC levels of belief. Let's see if a goofball-in-denial can even give us that one today?

Location hidden

#416909 Jan 20, 2013
truth wrote:
We Catholic confess only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ as well we believe in unite of all Saints and Christians too.
But -- you ALSO 'confess' Mary as the Co-redemptrix, and co-mediatrix... wrong.
We confess our sin.
Sure -- to a priest, who is just as sinful as everyone else. WE confess to God, the REAL HOLY FATHER, in the perfect name of Jesus Christ. We need no middleman priest.
We pray because we know God can hear prayers.
But -- He will not hear your idle prayers to Mary and other dead people.
We suffer too because our Lord suffer too.
Your 'suffering' is an agenda of romanism. You suffer for performance and pretense.
It is best to know WHO you worship. WE worship the Lord. Your lot worships useless, lifeless idols, and a man-elected pope.

Location hidden

#416910 Jan 20, 2013
truth wrote:
We as Catholic Christian been teach many in great number as prosecution killing and exodus..but we are protector of soul too.
THE PROTECTOR is JESUS CHRIST, not any church.
I suppose you think that if you left romanism, you would be cursed, do you?

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416911 Jan 20, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on.
I don't bother posting much here any more due to the constant childishness and politics here.
However, THIS Christian will not allow your ridiculous comments to go unchallenged.
"Tell us where we're wrong', you said... Well:
praying to Mary is WRONG. Jesus never authorized anyone to pray to her.
"Mary is the Co-redeemer" WRONG. JESUS IS THE REDEEMER.
"Mary saves all whom Jesus rejects" WRONG. Jesus CLEARLY expressed that those who are ashamed of Him (unbelievers) He will cast out. Those who identify with Him (believers) He will in no wise cast out.
Mary saves no one.
JESUS SAVES.
"Mary was crowned queen of Heaven by God" WRONG. In fact, God detests the very term.
Purgatory is the first place Roman Catholics go upon their death to be cleansed of unconfessed sins before being allowed to enter Heaven" WRONG.
The Bible God gave us CLEARLY states, "It is appointed once for men to die, then the judgement".
Purgatory does not exist, either as a place, or a 'state of mind'... It is merely romanist fiction, invented by pope 'innocent 3d', and enforced in belief with threats of excommunication, imprisonment, and burning to death as heretics anyone who refused to believe his lies.
"The Church has seven sacraments" ... WRONG. Firstly, that term is not even mentioned in the Bible God gave us. ORDINANCES are, and there are TWO... the Lord's Table, and Baptism.
"Statuary is recognized and permitted in the Church".. WRONG.
God detests statuary, and in fact, the bible clearly warns against erection of them in the church or elsewhere, for the purposes of worship, adoration, etc... They are false gods, and no one is to kneel before them. The Bible tells us, Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Lev_26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.
Deu_29:17 And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them
Psa_106:36 And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
Psa_115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa_135:15 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Isa_2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
Isa_2:18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
Isa_45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
Hab_2:18 What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
Zec_10:2 For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.
Rev_9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
I could go on for months on end discussing this and how WRONG romanism is.
http://www.catholicmemes.com/quotes/things-je...

Jesus founded the Catholic Church; he didnít leave us the Bible.
The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church; God didnít throw it down on Earth from heaven.
Jesus did not give you, so-called Just_a_Christian, the official authority to interpret the Bible correctly and without error.
You are not your own pope or anybody else's pope. Your personal interpretation of the Bible is just it-personal. Itís not binding on you or anybody else.
Stop being so hateful and arrogant.
Please stop leading people astray and on the path to hell.

“The wicked are not smart”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#416912 Jan 20, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
THE PROTECTOR is JESUS CHRIST, not any church.
I suppose you think that if you left romanism, you would be cursed, do you?

Jesus founded the Catholic Church; he didnít leave us the Bible.
The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church; God didnít throw it down on Earth from heaven.
Jesus did not give you, so-called Just_a_Christian, the official authority to interpret the Bible correctly and without error.
You are not your own pope or anybody else's pope. Your personal interpretation of the Bible is just it-personal. Itís not binding on you or anybody else.
Stop being so hateful and arrogant.
Please stop leading people astray and on the path to hell.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416913 Jan 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such website called "yougotquestions". LTM, you lack basic comprehension and grammar skills. I'm not wanting to be critical of you, but you have no business trying to read and understand the bible. And sadly you haven't been able to overcome your tendencies to lie. You are not trustworthy. There's really nothing you post here regarding your interpretation of scripture that any Christian should pay attention too.
gotquestions.org

Albuquerque, NM

#416914 Jan 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong actually,if the priest is a man of God,devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ,and walking in the Spirit,he can be of great aid to any human being who seeks spiritual help from him.
so can anyone.

"If" is a big word when making speculative and opinions. Your view of spiritual help seems to be limited to just a select few.

Can you prove this to be exclusive? That's right, be a little more honest with yourself in this regard, Pad, and you'll understand a lot of what I say, will go right to the 'heart'.

How honest are you?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to explain this Jesus you believe in. You make statements all the time about how we do not understand what it is all about,as though you have some secret insight as to the true teachings of Christ? What are they?
List them,give to us a standard of truth you claim as to the REAL JEsus of your understanding.Who is this New Age Jesus you along with spiritualists believe in? There has to be some creed of faith on your part,you can list? 1-10 for starters. Even 5 of the most clear statements of your faith,spell it out. Give us something to ponder.
I appreciate you asking Pad. And I have posted my beliefs on this forum and others, many times. You've been here long enough to have seen vast amounts of praise for what Jesus taught, yet you still say, "sorry if you have decided that HE is not for you."
- a misconception on your part by far.
- Why would you say this anyhow? Did you miss something in my posts?

I'll break it down for you again, okay? When you are reading them, there is only one context - my belief in the RCC is not what the title states. There is another path, possibly many, and they doesn't go through the RCC or Christianity.

So when you are reading these personal annotations (as others will surely be), please be sure to COMBINE these beliefs into ONE belief, and not many factions (as "Robert" tends to believe).

This is like you and all of Christianity has put forth - a splintered Jesus of man's making showing the way - which has led you to fight amongst yourselves and others, and to see who is prominently on top.

Top of what? Of a personal belief? Yes Pad, you literally try to be more of a person than another is, just because of your belief. Believe me, you aren't any more special than the man sleeping in a side alley in NYC or one in a shelter, or even someone in the White House.

For you mind to grasp....

a. Man is fallible.

b. Men wrote the Bible - thus making it fallible.
- Unless you have something written by "God" exclusively?

c. Many men are inspired by "God", not just a handful chosen by men.
-If Jesus taught 12 disciples, then they all were inspired in different ways - thru a personal belief in "God".
- quite the paradox in some ways, unless one agrees that Self, our being/Spirit/consciousness is the focal reference of what was taught, then it all fits.
- Of course the Spirit has to be proven to exist, and I beleive it has - which also inclused "faith".

e. Jesus taught of how to reach the kingdom of "God".
- Yet his most profound statement is not included in your belief. Huh, image that?
- I have this "faith" in Jesus that it is true.

f. I believe that Jesus was a man who taught this philosophy, and not some man who rose in bodily form (your "Christ").
- the body is of a 'material' nature (bio-electrical mass). I don't believe that anything of the material nature (body) can enter this kingdom of "God". We can only RISE in Spirit form.
+ "faith" and "belief in Jesus" again is both portrayed here.

The rest of my beliefs, well, I have many more.

Funny isn't it, just like you, I get to believe what I may?

Wait - that is all Self, huh?

Are you honest to speak your beliefs?

Are you honest enough to "know your yourself"?

Thanks for responding.

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#416915 Jan 20, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
NASL
Why do you believe most men, like the guy who wrote the article?
He was just out to make a buck off of his books....
The so-called experts are out for a buck or a position.
This so-called movement to discredit the Bible started in the late 1800s. Unfortunately, recent discoveries as to how old some of the N.T. writings are, demonstrate their they were completely wrong.
No citations please. Opinions about opinions....What a way to try and discredit the Bible. You need to come up with something better....Lie upon lie, just for a buck....Sounds like the hypocrites and Judas....
And the anger begins.

No worries Robert, the astonishment awaits you my friend.

If you let it.

Jesus said so, I believe him. Why don't you?

"King of the All".....Hmmmmm....sounds like fun!!

Albuquerque, NM

#416916 Jan 20, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
There is a difference between creating and making.
Have you created any atoms or photons today?
No, you have just rearranged them. That is making.
Basic law of the Universe...,matter and energy are neither created or destroyed, only transmutted....
I create many things. You are just too closed minded to accept it.

Here is a simple one. I just created a moment. Oops there it went into the past. Here I'll create another.

This is nice.....*smiles*.....AAAAHHHH !!

Albuquerque, NM

#416917 Jan 20, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Things Jesus Never Said:
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations
By writing a book and giving it to each individual
So that they can decide on their own, without consulting you,
All things that I have commanded you.
Things Jesus did say:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:ĎLook, the kingdom is in the sky!í
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:ĎIt is in the sea,í then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

(5) Jesus says:

(1) "Come to know what is in front of you,
and that which is hidden from you will become clear to you.
(2) For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest."

(6)

(1) His disciples questioned him,(and) they said to him:
" Do you want us to fast?
And how should we pray and give alms?
And what diet should we observe?"

(2) Jesus says: "Do not lie.(3) And do not do what you hate.
(4) For everything is disclosed in view of <the truth>.
(5) For there is nothing hidden that will not become revealed.
(6) And there is nothing covered that will remain undisclosed."

I like playing this game.

How honest are you?
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#416918 Jan 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read about (all the exaggerated- blown-up and out-of-proportion "hype") and "so-called abuse cover-up" in the "National Inquirer weekly or just ask Confrinting, Michael, PAD, jethro8, LTM or any other, Catholic bashing (heretic and hypocrit) on this forum.
.....ANY of them will "fill you in" on their "anti-catholic" obscure and remote trash articles that they (dig-up)written by "hack writers" who lay away at might, trying to come up with some more of their "distorted and perverted" copy as they "unsuccessfully" attempt to undermine Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....The fact is that "bible only Protestants" "throw out more whoppers than burger king" and are as "desperate as ever" and will "say anything and everything" resorting to more and more lying, manipulating, and distorting, by exaggerating and twisting the truth, in order to keep their 42,000+ bible only (boats) from sinking deeper and deeper into oblivian.
!!
The spiritually superior Catholic Hojo confuses faith with fact.

Like the title of this board -- the spiritually-superior one terms the faith of others as "whoopers."

Hojo, after 1600-2000 years -- the FACT is that your superior "Only-True" claim should stand up to historical, real world events and reality.

The REALITY is that the RCC has not lived or taught perfect morals.

The reality is that you live in a country founded on ideals that were (and some still are) very anti-Catholic. Your brothers live to the south. Why not enjoy the fruits of your superior moral teachings?

The spiritually-superior RCC doesn't walk its talk.

Why should Hojo?

We get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 4 hr TheRealOzzy 14
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Hebrewsunite 8,322
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 7 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 9 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE