Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,681 - 401,700 of 539,152 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#416869 Jan 19, 2013
god can examine your heart as well heart of cow some as human too..Holy Spirit don't have border..but every Spirit is not holy..then who liked rest in cow.

Many incarnate do what ever and so ever..now why you jealous over catholic as well other Christians
i don't know..but you need know we as Catholic believe
on the end unite of all saints as well Christ believers.

i hope you will explain word incarnate..
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416870 Jan 19, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Luke 11:28 - when Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it," some (clueless) Protestants also call this a rebuke of Mary. Again, to the contrary, Jesus is exalting Mary by emphasizing her obedience to God's word as being more critical than her biological role of mother. This affirms Luke 1:48.
Luke 11:28 - also, the Greek word for "rather" is "menounge." Menounge really means "Yes, but in addition," or "Further." Thus, Jesus is saying, yes my mother is blessed indeed, but further blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it. Jesus is encouraging others to follow Mary's example in order to build up His kingdom.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virg...

"But he said, Yea RATHER, BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD, AND KEEP IT." (Luke 11:28)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarius_Filii_D...
truth

Perth, Australia

#416871 Jan 19, 2013
We Catholic confess only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ as well we believe in unite of all Saints and Christians too.
We confess our sin.
We pray because we know God can hear prayers.
We suffer too because our Lord suffer too.
So what who can endure and have some love as well be person with faith as well believer.

When everybody yours as well friends turn over face against you and left you, you need know something exist what never will live you..its stay upon all of us..God is in control of everything.
Pray never give up.
Don't worry what others say.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416872 Jan 19, 2013
to hear
Yes any spirit you can hear they can telepathic contact you..others used another way too.
Are you for sure every Spirit and person who contact you holy? No!

We catholic as real believer not selling soul as many others do..open yourself to whom?!..be aware my love
ones lost you are lost for ever.

Pure soul only go as child within Kingdom others can't..even if are you oldest person think about that you can be still as child within as your soul.
Don't trade with your soul.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#416873 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I think Benny Hinn can cure you of that hoof and mouth disease...
~~~

You could not hold a light for Benny Himm to shine by..

You are evidently extremely jealous of Him, else you

would not be verbalizing your contempt,

for some one (WHETHER TRUE OR FALSE.)..that has made more impact upon

the world FOR GOOD

than any of your FALSE heathen gods, that you worship.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416874 Jan 19, 2013
Luke 11:28 - also, THE GREEK WORD FOR "RATHER" IS "MENOUNGE". MENOUNGE REALLY MEANS "YES, BUT IN ADDITION", OR "FURTHER".

I'm not sure why protestants think capital letters will somehow make their opinions fact but, hey, I'm willing to play along.

Worth re-posting -(Thanks to "You Fool Me Not". Indeed, the wicked are *not* smart!)

Things Jesus Never Said:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations
By writing a book and giving it to each individual
So that they can decide on their own, without consulting you,
All things that I have commanded you.
http://www.catholicmemes.com/quotes/things-je...
truth

Perth, Australia

#416875 Jan 19, 2013
We as Catholic Christian been teach many in great number as prosecution killing and exodus..but we are protector of soul too.
What others can achieve as single or group issue i live that to them..we believe in holy words as well holy power..we believe in real Jesus Christ words ..i mean real believers not deceivers or possessors..
''many many will come in my name its not me''..Jesus Christ words is pure and clear..

You have free will our Lord Jesus Christ know about that yes it is..God always listen prayers..we can be or looks whats so ever this way or that way in our tradition and culture we are deference but in common we have as believer him Jesus Christ..God listen always prayers.

Location hidden

#416876 Jan 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What does the Bible say about the virgin Mary?"
Answer: Mary the mother of Jesus was described by God as “highly favored”(Luke 1:28). The phrase “highly favored” comes from a single Greek word, which essentially means “much grace.” Mary received God’s grace.
Grace is “unmerited favor,” meaning something we receive despite the fact that we do not deserve it. Mary needed grace from God just as the rest of us do. Mary herself understood this fact, as she declared in Luke 1:47,“... and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...”
Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).
Mary did not have an “immaculate conception.” The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth. Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34-38), but the idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares,“But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus.”
The word “until” clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have sexual union after Jesus was born. Joseph and Mary had several children together after Jesus was born. Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). Jesus also had half-sisters, although they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:55-56). God blessed and graced Mary by giving her several children, which in that culture was the clearest indication of God’s blessing on a woman.
One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed,“Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed”(Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response?“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it”(Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior.
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.
Mary was present at the cross when Jesus died (John 19:25). Mary was also with the apostles on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:14). However, Mary is never mentioned again after Acts chapter 1. The apostles did not give Mary a prominent role. Mary’s death is not recorded in the Bible. Nothing is said about Mary ascending to heaven or having an exalted role there. As the earthly mother of Jesus, Mary should be respected, but she is not worthy of our worship or adoration.
The Bible nowhere indicates that Mary can hear our prayers or that she can mediate for us with God. Jesus is our only advocate and mediator in heaven (1 Timothy 2:5). If offered worship, adoration, or prayers, Mary would say the same as the angels:“Worship God!”(see Revelation 19:10; 22:9.) Mary herself sets the example for us, directing her worship, adoration, and praise to God alone:“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me — holy is His name”(Luke 1:46-49).
yougotquestions.com
Absolute truth from Scripture.....

Location hidden

#416877 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Jesus is God
"St. John affirms in plain words that Jesus is God.
http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php...
And God said: Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased..

God did not say: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is me in whom I am well pleased..

Location hidden

#416878 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Jesus is God(the Word) John 1
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Therefore....The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God(the Word).
The Holy Spirit is the Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary(Luke 1:35)
(What God hath joined together, let no man put assunder.)
*[1:1] In the beginning: also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication. The Word (Greek logos): this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy). With God: the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another. Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.

The above is from the NABRE of John 1:1.....Show me where it teaches Jesus is God....
truth

Perth, Australia

#416879 Jan 19, 2013
Bless be holy womb of Jesus.
as well be bless milk which you nourish him..
When i say ;''log is not mother Mary milk''..you joke with me..why?

My lovely grandmother teach me..what so ever mother can..be bless milk for each child as mother Mary do for her son our Lord Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416880 Jan 19, 2013
Which log you have in your eyes?
see
Why i am wrong?
New innovation as chips as well spiritual achievement can be dangerous in both direction.

log is not mother Mary milk..
log=trun nije Majcino mliko
truth

Perth, Australia

#416881 Jan 19, 2013
Ordinary people speak natural wisdom ..wisdom from ordinary mothers.
see
log is not mother Mary milk..
milk
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz
cilk milk klik
klik is automatic from eye..about what?

between billions eyes on Earth..whats stay in eye=log=which program..you joke with me ..you attacking me every day..you fill so poor with that without knowledge that others know more but don't express themself..
truth

Perth, Australia

#416882 Jan 19, 2013
Are you for sure for program or patterns they need your language or grammar..no i say to you no why should be.

God stay in control always as well listen prayers.

United States

#416883 Jan 19, 2013
Amish wrote:
The few hundred Protestant denominations and individual Christians around the world all have many things in common - Jesus, the Bible, all Christian. Unlike Rome's universal pagan voodoo sun cult that does not follow the Bible - Apostles. This is why Rome has added books!
-
-
Clay wrote:
The have Jesus and the Bible??
What good is that when you've tampered with Our Lords will?
You say you have Jesus but reject His Church?
You'd agree that Christ started a Church. Right?
If its not the Catholic Church, then who is it?
Not all of you 42,000 could be the correct one.
If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group.
All others can and do experience Christ, because He is love. But you do not have the fullness of His teachings.. you only have some of it. And that is by using the books that the Catholic Church says is the Bible.
-
Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.
-
The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416884 Jan 19, 2013
Yawn !!!
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

#416885 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Simple, if one priest was caught, how many of his superiors had to know what happened and they chose to cover it up."
His superior is his bishop. The bishop wasn't covering up, he was simply following the prevailing treatment course for anyone who was accused of sexual deviancy in those days. Most of the bishops during that time were advised by the psychological profession to send him to treatment and once he received a "clean bill of health" from the experts, the bishop re-assigned him. We know now, AFTER THE FACT, is was the wrong thing to do and those criminals should've been kicked out of the priesthood and turned over to the authorities.
But the axe you have to grind with the Catholic Church isn't really just about sick abusing priests now is it?
Thank God, God was there the guide them! Had they not followed man and stayed with God, they would not have fallen into this trap!

It is all man's fault! The RCC has no responsibility at all!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416886 Jan 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You could not hold a light for Benny Himm to shine by..
You are evidently extremely jealous of Him, else you
would not be verbalizing your contempt,
for some one (WHETHER TRUE OR FALSE.)..that has made more impact upon
the world FOR GOOD
than any of your FALSE heathen gods, that you worship.
OMG, are you a follower of Benny Hinn? You gotta be kidding! He's the biggest phony going!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#416887 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Catholic Church has had problems in every decade since Christ. There was bad Priests, Bishops and laity since day one. They all violated Catholic teachings and sinned.
It will be that way for the next 2,000 yrs too. This is the reality when you're involved in spiritual warfare. Thankfully, the Church is infallible in her teachings on faith and morals so we will always have that unbreakable pillar to guide us.
you left out popes,the church had a lot of bad self indulging popes,you have to be kidding when you say the church is infallible in it's teachings? in lies yes i would have to agree with you there.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#416888 Jan 20, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Explain.

First, the abusers and those who protected the abusers, must be brought to justice. You cannot demand forgiveness, whilst committing the crime.
Second, the catholics must admit to the crime, the cover up and do their best to make amends. So far, the catholic church has cried that they do not have the money to pay the victims; then they turn around and buy the crystal cathedral for $58 million!
The catholic church is not asking for forgiveness.
wow,i knew they bought the church didn't think it was that much though,pretty good for a church that says it's bankrupt,also they spent 2 million on a new church somewhere in the midwest,can't remeber name of the state.there is no way they can declare bankruptcy,with all the gold and silver statues,and assorted objects they have that are considered priceless,sell one statue and they could rebuild the oh lets say haiti from the ground up,and with 1.6 billion+ members donating money every week to the church,and throw in the money they are making from all realestate holdings,and idol sales,they are very well off,their just not going to admit it,and lets remember a lot of victims were paid from an insurrance policy the church had just in case they got caught at molesting children. by taking out this policy that basically says they knew they would get caught one day of the wrong doing like in past indiscretions they were caught for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••