Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#416878 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Jesus is God(the Word) John 1
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Therefore....The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God(the Word).
The Holy Spirit is the Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary(Luke 1:35)
(What God hath joined together, let no man put assunder.)
*[1:1] In the beginning: also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication. The Word (Greek logos): this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy). With God: the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another. Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.

The above is from the NABRE of John 1:1.....Show me where it teaches Jesus is God....
truth

Perth, Australia

#416879 Jan 19, 2013
Bless be holy womb of Jesus.
as well be bless milk which you nourish him..
When i say ;''log is not mother Mary milk''..you joke with me..why?

My lovely grandmother teach me..what so ever mother can..be bless milk for each child as mother Mary do for her son our Lord Jesus Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416880 Jan 19, 2013
Which log you have in your eyes?
see
Why i am wrong?
New innovation as chips as well spiritual achievement can be dangerous in both direction.

log is not mother Mary milk..
log=trun nije Majcino mliko
truth

Perth, Australia

#416881 Jan 19, 2013
Ordinary people speak natural wisdom ..wisdom from ordinary mothers.
see
log is not mother Mary milk..
milk
bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz
cilk milk klik
klik is automatic from eye..about what?

between billions eyes on Earth..whats stay in eye=log=which program..you joke with me ..you attacking me every day..you fill so poor with that without knowledge that others know more but don't express themself..
truth

Perth, Australia

#416882 Jan 19, 2013
Are you for sure for program or patterns they need your language or grammar..no i say to you no why should be.

God stay in control always as well listen prayers.

United States

#416883 Jan 19, 2013
Amish wrote:
The few hundred Protestant denominations and individual Christians around the world all have many things in common - Jesus, the Bible, all Christian. Unlike Rome's universal pagan voodoo sun cult that does not follow the Bible - Apostles. This is why Rome has added books!
-
-
Clay wrote:
The have Jesus and the Bible??
What good is that when you've tampered with Our Lords will?
You say you have Jesus but reject His Church?
You'd agree that Christ started a Church. Right?
If its not the Catholic Church, then who is it?
Not all of you 42,000 could be the correct one.
If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group.
All others can and do experience Christ, because He is love. But you do not have the fullness of His teachings.. you only have some of it. And that is by using the books that the Catholic Church says is the Bible.
-
Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.
-
The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#416884 Jan 19, 2013
Yawn !!!
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

#416885 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Simple, if one priest was caught, how many of his superiors had to know what happened and they chose to cover it up."
His superior is his bishop. The bishop wasn't covering up, he was simply following the prevailing treatment course for anyone who was accused of sexual deviancy in those days. Most of the bishops during that time were advised by the psychological profession to send him to treatment and once he received a "clean bill of health" from the experts, the bishop re-assigned him. We know now, AFTER THE FACT, is was the wrong thing to do and those criminals should've been kicked out of the priesthood and turned over to the authorities.
But the axe you have to grind with the Catholic Church isn't really just about sick abusing priests now is it?
Thank God, God was there the guide them! Had they not followed man and stayed with God, they would not have fallen into this trap!

It is all man's fault! The RCC has no responsibility at all!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#416886 Jan 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You could not hold a light for Benny Himm to shine by..
You are evidently extremely jealous of Him, else you
would not be verbalizing your contempt,
for some one (WHETHER TRUE OR FALSE.)..that has made more impact upon
the world FOR GOOD
than any of your FALSE heathen gods, that you worship.
OMG, are you a follower of Benny Hinn? You gotta be kidding! He's the biggest phony going!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#416887 Jan 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
The Catholic Church has had problems in every decade since Christ. There was bad Priests, Bishops and laity since day one. They all violated Catholic teachings and sinned.
It will be that way for the next 2,000 yrs too. This is the reality when you're involved in spiritual warfare. Thankfully, the Church is infallible in her teachings on faith and morals so we will always have that unbreakable pillar to guide us.
you left out popes,the church had a lot of bad self indulging popes,you have to be kidding when you say the church is infallible in it's teachings? in lies yes i would have to agree with you there.

usa

#416888 Jan 20, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Explain.

First, the abusers and those who protected the abusers, must be brought to justice. You cannot demand forgiveness, whilst committing the crime.
Second, the catholics must admit to the crime, the cover up and do their best to make amends. So far, the catholic church has cried that they do not have the money to pay the victims; then they turn around and buy the crystal cathedral for $58 million!
The catholic church is not asking for forgiveness.
wow,i knew they bought the church didn't think it was that much though,pretty good for a church that says it's bankrupt,also they spent 2 million on a new church somewhere in the midwest,can't remeber name of the state.there is no way they can declare bankruptcy,with all the gold and silver statues,and assorted objects they have that are considered priceless,sell one statue and they could rebuild the oh lets say haiti from the ground up,and with 1.6 billion+ members donating money every week to the church,and throw in the money they are making from all realestate holdings,and idol sales,they are very well off,their just not going to admit it,and lets remember a lot of victims were paid from an insurrance policy the church had just in case they got caught at molesting children. by taking out this policy that basically says they knew they would get caught one day of the wrong doing like in past indiscretions they were caught for.

usa

#416889 Jan 20, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Claypool says.....The Catholic Church has had problems in every decade since Christ. There was bad Priests, Bishops and laity since day one. They all violated Catholic teachings and sinned.
It will be that way for the next 2,000 yrs too.
MICHAEL says..... If the Catholic church was a business, it would have gone out of business 1,990 years ago, according to your description.
...Is the church that dysfunctional that it can't learn from its mistakes?......and according to you, the same mistakes will continue for another 2,000 years.
What a poor track record. Is no one in the church correcting mistakes as they happen?
UNBELIEVABLE!
they sweep it under the rug and hope no one notices,and what makes you think the church will be around another 2000 yrs? islam is allready blowing up their churches,3 so far as i have read about,could be more.

usa

#416890 Jan 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear not.
The prayers are to God. We believe in intercessory prayer.
JETHRO:if this is what your doing to are defying god,no one except jesus can interceed on your behalf the bible clearly states that 1 timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one "mediator" between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;....to break this rule is to defy god,so in essence catholics defy god every time they pray to anyone outside of jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416892 Jan 20, 2013
Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...
You could easily find it for yourself (Second Secret of Fatima), but here's another one for you to run from.
How does an individual claim diplomatic immunity unless invoked by an institutional authority.
Roman Catholic Church 101...
Q... What institutional authority uses diplomatic immunity to keep individuals from testifying in court cases involving sexually abused orphans?
A... Jesus only appointed Church, Perfect teachings on morals.
You can find that too if you tried.
But somehow, they never lift a finger to find the actual facts. Shocker!!!!!!
I asked you to cite the quote from Mary. Find it and cite it.

Find and cite the instances of diplomatic immunity and who it's extended to.

Just back something, anything up with a fact. Once.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416893 Jan 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Clay: "If I'm new to Christianity, I'm going to find out which Church was there from the beginning. Then and only then, would I be in the correct group."
-
-
There was so much confusion during the early days of the church.
-
Make sure the one you are in IS NOT a CULT.
-
The catholic Church has all the marks of a cult and its leaders order torture and murder of heretics ...
-
It doesn't matter if it was *there first* as you say ... if it FIRST does NOT follow Jesus! Because if it is NOT following Jesus ... it wasn't **there** in the first place.

The Catholic church does NOT follow Jesus.
Oh bigoted one, the first Church is all that matters. Christ promised to be with them til the end; the gates of hell will never prevail against it; its built on rock;
I don't care what they eventually called themselves.. its the same structural organization in an unbroken line. And you have to admit, the Catholic Church - despite having all their first Popes murdered; upwards of 70 million martyrd since Christ; scandals in the clergy; tyrants and kings waging war against her; countless bigots like you spreading lie after lie ..... and they are still here.
When will you learn? You have the biggest disadvantage known to man, Guest. You're going up against Jesus Christ and the Church He established. You can't win!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#416894 Jan 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Dan....Catholics pray to Mary...
Excerpt:
Prayers to Virgin Mary
From the Church's beginnings, prayers to Virgin Mary have held a place of honor for Catholics.
Here are some of the most fundamental and majestic.
These prayers prayers to Virgin Mary take varied forms. Most of them combine:
Prayers to God, modeled after the faith of Mary.
Meditations on the Incarnation, Mary's unique role in salvation history, or her perfect examples of virtues like faith, humility, and charity.
Prayers to Mary, asking for her help and protection.
Like all prayers to Saints, our prayers to Virgin Mary rely on the Saints' special power to intercede for us before Christ and the Father. But since Mary has a unique role in salvation, and a unique relationship to the Trinity, our prayers to the Blessed Virgin also rely on her special power of intercession.
NOTE: "PRAYERS TO VIRGIN MARY''PRAYERS TO MARY' "our prayers to the Blessed Virgin (TWICE SAID)"
We pray to her for her intercession on our behalf to God.

God gets the worship. Pray for intercession.

Nothing new here, Oxbow.

usa

#416895 Jan 20, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is ALL recorded, authenticated and verified over and over again in TRUE Apostolic Church History, handed down nearly 2000 years ago from the documented writings of the Early Church Fathers, the biographical Lives of the Saints and the Apologistic Historian authors (both Catholic and Protestant.........(Read it Jethro8!!!!.... You might learn something!!!!...... The problem with you Jethro8 is that your "bogus heretical history writers" are (permanently) stuck on as much "anti-catholic hate & hostility" as you are and will "dig up" as many "myths and history legends" ---they can "make up" and will "SAY AND WRITE ANYTHING" in order to distort and twist the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY.---- "BLOWING (contaminated & perverted history) SMOKE" is about the only thing that you Protestants, atheists and agnostics can rely upon , in order to keep up their vindictive hearts, minds and souls (heated up) in attacking the REAL TRUTH of the Catholic Church.
your early church fathers were nothing more than learned men put together by a pagan/christian emporer named constantine,they were not assembled by jesus or god to create the catholic religion,if it were it would be in the scriptures and you find nothing.anything that puts a bad light on the church you deny as being "bogus heretical history writers",are you going to tell me the crusades never took place? you going to tell me they didn't use sadistic tactics to get people to follow the church? you going to deny the abuse cases? or the money laundering for the mafia? which they were found guilty of,also comitted bank fraud themselves,they killed in the name of god,would gods actual church really do that? i don't think so,people would willingly follow gods true church without the threats of violence,the church used starvation,torture,inprisonmen t,even death threats,and the actual killing of people to get them to follow the church,that's unexceptable behavior for a god that supposedly created us out of love,wouldn't you agree?......they are guilty of crimes of unimaginal proportions,there is factual mulitiple sources that support the history i posted,you have posted nothing,that supports your belief that the catholic church is the church you state is mentioned somewhere somehow in the book of mathew which you constantly mention,yet the word catholic is not in there,and your excuse is that not every word is not written,if it is not written how can you take it as truth and factual? nice attempt of dodging the truth,the real truth is your church is of pagan/christian origin,how could it be anything else? all dates used are of pagan origin,they changed the sabbath,they changed the commandments for profit from the sale of idols/statues. which is clearly against gods wishes,it says so in the very bible the church itself put together but do not follow, how come? do as we say, not as we do,that definately applies to the church. it does not practice what it preaches. as i have posted many times 1 timothy clearly states there is no mediator between man and god except jesus,yet the church teaches confessing to a priest (who in reality is just a man)will absolve you from your sins,that's a lie if "timothy" is to believed,wouldn't you agree? and the most obvious fact is why would a jewish king create a religion opposite of his own? and why build it in a country he never went to? "MY CHURCH" that is all he states in the bible,nowhere do you find the word catholic or it's traditions mentioned in scripture,it is all of mans creation,to make the church so grand people would believe in it,that's how p.t. barnum became rich. and lets look at what you posted here,hojo:It is ALL recorded" jethro,here to contradict yourself,you say all is recorded but many many times you state not every word is written,which is it? is all recorded or not?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416896 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you left out popes,the church had a lot of bad self indulging popes,you have to be kidding when you say the church is infallible in it's teachings? in lies yes i would have to agree with you there.
Only a couple 'bad Popes' Jethro, not a lot.
Perhaps 3 out of 265, and only God knows if they were truly bad and not the victims of vicious rumors.
But, lets just say they were really bad... that's less than 1%.. if 10 were corrupt, that's around 3%

Now, if you say the Church lies in her teachings, I ask which ones?
You can't provide any evidence because its not there. However, all Protestants need to lie to prove the CC wrong. That's exactly why I know I'm in the correct Church. You guys rely on deception in order to function as a religious group.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#416897 Jan 20, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your early church fathers were nothing more than learned men put together by a pagan/christian emporer named constantine,they were not assembled by jesus
Snipped for slander, propaganda, rumors, deception and violation of the 9th commandment.

Try posting an argument without bearing false witness. Can you guys function without being deceitful???

Jethro, are you Christian?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#416898 Jan 20, 2013
DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Now one damn thing about the raped children and how your priests are covering up the crimes!
I wonder if Jesus raped boys, too?
You can read about (all the exaggerated- blown-up and out-of-proportion "hype") and "so-called abuse cover-up" in the "National Inquirer weekly or just ask Confrinting, Michael, PAD, jethro8, LTM or any other, Catholic bashing (heretic and hypocrit) on this forum.
.....ANY of them will "fill you in" on their "anti-catholic" obscure and remote trash articles that they (dig-up)written by "hack writers" who lay away at might, trying to come up with some more of their "distorted and perverted" copy as they "unsuccessfully" attempt to undermine Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....The fact is that "bible only Protestants" "throw out more whoppers than burger king" and are as "desperate as ever" and will "say anything and everything" resorting to more and more lying, manipulating, and distorting, by exaggerating and twisting the truth, in order to keep their 42,000+ bible only (boats) from sinking deeper and deeper into oblivian.
!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 2 hr pazuzu 57
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr IveGotFamilyInHOP 9,371
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 9
News Francis expects short papacy 10 hr ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 10
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... 23 hr L I G E R 2
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Wed barry 84,264
More from around the web