Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,659
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#416858 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Jesus is God(the Word) John 1
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of Jesus
Therefore....The Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God(the Word).
The Holy Spirit is the Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary(Luke 1:35)
(What God hath joined together, let no man put assunder.)
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a79.htm
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#416859 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Jesus is God
"St. John affirms in plain words that Jesus is God.
http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php...
What is the Hail Mary that Catholics say so often?"

Answer: The “Hail Mary,” Ave Maria in Latin, is a Roman Catholic prayer to the Virgin Mary that consists of salutations and a plea for her intercession. Also, the term "Hail Mary pass" was used by the press to describe a pass by Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach in a 1975 divisional playoff game and has come to be synonymous in football with a long pass that has little chance of success. The text of the Hail Mary prayer incorporates two Bible passages:“Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee" (Luke 1:28) and “Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb" (Luke 1:42). The first passage is the angel Gabriel’s greeting to Mary when he came to inform her that she had been chosen to bear the Messiah. The second is her cousin Elizabeth’s greeting to Mary when Mary came to visit her cousin, who was also pregnant at the time with John the Baptist. The third part of the Hail Mary prayer is not from the Bible and is, in fact, in direct contradiction to Scriptural truth:“Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”

This last part of the Hail Mary prayer has three unbiblical parts to it. First, Mary is not and never was “holy.” Mary was a human being who was born, as all humans are, with a sin nature and who recognized that she needed a Savior. In fact, the very passage used in the Hail Mary, known as Mary’s Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55), contains the declaration “my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,” a clear indication that she understood her need for a Savior from sin. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).

The second unbiblical part of the Hail Mary is addressing Mary as the “Mother of God.” Mary was the human mother of the human Jesus Christ, who was indeed God incarnate. But she was not the mother of God, neither is she the ”queen of heaven,” another title given to her by the Catholic Church which has no basis in Scripture. God doesn’t have a mother, nor does He have a queen. He is an eternal, infinite Being, uncreated and unborn, self-sufficient and self-sustaining.

The third unbiblical statement in the Hail Mary is the plea for her to “pray for us sinners.” Here we see the unbiblical practice of praying to Mary to intercede with God for us. First, we do not need an intercessor with God. Christ is the only intercessor we need. Through Jesus and Him alone, we have direct access to the Father. Christ alone mediates and intercedes between God and man.“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”(1 Timothy 2:5). Prayer to anyone other than God alone is anti-biblical. Praying to Mary or petitioning her to pray for us is against the Scriptures. Prayer is an act of worship. When we pray to God, we are admitting that we need His help. Directing our prayers to anyone other than God is robbing God of the glory that is His alone, something God hates and will not tolerate (Isaiah 42:8).

While Mary was certainly a godly young woman greatly blessed in that she was chosen to bear the Savior of the world, she was not in any way divine, nor was she sinless, nor is she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.

yougotquestions.com
LTM

#416860 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" yougotquestions.com "???
Holy cow....you shouldn't be allowed to touch a bible with a ten foot pole.
As my grandson would tell you there is no such thing as a cow that is holy, what an insult to God, who Jesus said is the only one who is Holy.
You don't want me to touch a bible why; I want you to touch a bible better still read it all of it not just bits and pieces.
LTM

#416861 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM
Well that would make Mary the mother of the Son, as well as the Father, and married to the Holy Spirit.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416862 Jan 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<< This, of course, is not a problem for Evangelicals since we don't view Mary as the ontological mother of God. >>

Fine. Then you should not view the Blood of Christ as the ontological Blood of God either, because He got His Blood from Mary.:-) And if the Blood of Christ is not the Blood of the eternal Son, then you are still in your sins, since no Divine Sacrifice was made for you. If the eternal Person of the Son did not **truly** and ontologically acquire a human mother, then He was not truly and ontologically a human being. Thus, He was not truly and ontologically one of us; thus He could not truly and ontologically die; thus no Sacrifice; thus we are still in our sins. Find a way out of this if you can.:-)

<< She was the mother of Jesus, but only in a provisional and temporal sense. >>

I see.:-) Then Jesus was only a human being in a "provisional and temporal sense"; and so Jesus is no longer a man, and so there is no one-Flesh relationship between Him and His Church (per Ephesians 5:25-32). And, this being the case, you cannot claim the Blood of Christ for your salvation, and so are still in your sins.
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a79.htm

Bravo!
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416863 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:

Christ is eternal and had no beginning (John 1 & 1 Tim 3:16)

Not through her own doing she was not the mother of God. Only that God created using her. Why not worship Adam and Eve as the parents of all mankind? Because the Catholic 'virgin mary' if the Queen of Heaven condemned in the OT as heathen would bake cakes to Simeramis that became the Catholic wafer god.

This is no secret.

Christ alone is our mediator. Paul clearly points this out in 1 Timothy 2:3-6.

"This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony borne at the proper time."

"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked." (Luke 11:27)

"But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." (Luke 11:28)
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416864 Jan 19, 2013
Luke 11:28 - when Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it," some (clueless) Protestants also call this a rebuke of Mary. Again, to the contrary, Jesus is exalting Mary by emphasizing her obedience to God's word as being more critical than her biological role of mother. This affirms Luke 1:48.

Luke 11:28 - also, the Greek word for "rather" is "menounge." Menounge really means "Yes, but in addition," or "Further." Thus, Jesus is saying, yes my mother is blessed indeed, but further blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it. Jesus is encouraging others to follow Mary's example in order to build up His kingdom.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virg...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#416865 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
" yougotquestions.com "???
Holy cow....you shouldn't be allowed to touch a bible with a ten foot pole.
~~~

Holy cow.?

Just WHO/WHAT is THE HOLY COW OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ANYWAY.

NOW THAT IS A NEW ONE...

I HADN'T HEARD OF THAT ONE..

BUT EVIDENTLY The apostle Paul had

for he wrote about you Roman Catholics in

Rom 1:22

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and

"four footed beasts," and creeping things.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416866 Jan 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Holy cow.?
Just WHO/WHAT is THE HOLY COW OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ANYWAY.
NOW THAT IS A NEW ONE...
I HADN'T HEARD OF THAT ONE..
BUT EVIDENTLY The apostle Paul had
for he wrote about you Roman Catholics in
Rom 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
"four footed beasts," and creeping things.
Hey, I think Benny Hinn can cure you of that hoof and mouth disease...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#416867 Jan 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
As my grandson would tell you there is no such thing as a cow that is holy, what an insult to God, who Jesus said is the only one who is Holy.
You don't want me to touch a bible why; I want you to touch a bible better still read it all of it not just bits and pieces.
There is no such website called "yougotquestions". LTM, you lack basic comprehension and grammar skills. I'm not wanting to be critical of you, but you have no business trying to read and understand the bible. And sadly you haven't been able to overcome your tendencies to lie. You are not trustworthy. There's really nothing you post here regarding your interpretation of scripture that any Christian should pay attention too.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416868 Jan 19, 2013
Who don't liked Mother they don't liked Son as well Holy Spirit where rest upon them..now my lovely friend
Are you aware why catholic as well others Christan pray every day by day night by night ..holy holy holy..
They pray because others can't prevail as well it is written they not prevail not at all.

We believers as well prayers fill over our-self many things but we believe and constantly in prayers rejecting what others wish ruin many souls as many persons as well many family.
God always listen ..
I am alright this morning..mouse is very tired this night after many prayers o yes they have plain attack every day.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416869 Jan 19, 2013
god can examine your heart as well heart of cow some as human too..Holy Spirit don't have border..but every Spirit is not holy..then who liked rest in cow.

Many incarnate do what ever and so ever..now why you jealous over catholic as well other Christians
i don't know..but you need know we as Catholic believe
on the end unite of all saints as well Christ believers.

i hope you will explain word incarnate..
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#416870 Jan 19, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
Luke 11:28 - when Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it," some (clueless) Protestants also call this a rebuke of Mary. Again, to the contrary, Jesus is exalting Mary by emphasizing her obedience to God's word as being more critical than her biological role of mother. This affirms Luke 1:48.
Luke 11:28 - also, the Greek word for "rather" is "menounge." Menounge really means "Yes, but in addition," or "Further." Thus, Jesus is saying, yes my mother is blessed indeed, but further blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it. Jesus is encouraging others to follow Mary's example in order to build up His kingdom.
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/blessed_virg...

"But he said, Yea RATHER, BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD, AND KEEP IT." (Luke 11:28)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarius_Filii_D...
truth

Perth, Australia

#416871 Jan 19, 2013
We Catholic confess only begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ as well we believe in unite of all Saints and Christians too.
We confess our sin.
We pray because we know God can hear prayers.
We suffer too because our Lord suffer too.
So what who can endure and have some love as well be person with faith as well believer.

When everybody yours as well friends turn over face against you and left you, you need know something exist what never will live you..its stay upon all of us..God is in control of everything.
Pray never give up.
Don't worry what others say.
truth

Perth, Australia

#416872 Jan 19, 2013
to hear
Yes any spirit you can hear they can telepathic contact you..others used another way too.
Are you for sure every Spirit and person who contact you holy? No!

We catholic as real believer not selling soul as many others do..open yourself to whom?!..be aware my love
ones lost you are lost for ever.

Pure soul only go as child within Kingdom others can't..even if are you oldest person think about that you can be still as child within as your soul.
Don't trade with your soul.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#416873 Jan 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I think Benny Hinn can cure you of that hoof and mouth disease...
~~~

You could not hold a light for Benny Himm to shine by..

You are evidently extremely jealous of Him, else you

would not be verbalizing your contempt,

for some one (WHETHER TRUE OR FALSE.)..that has made more impact upon

the world FOR GOOD

than any of your FALSE heathen gods, that you worship.
ReginaM

Jackson, NJ

#416874 Jan 19, 2013
Luke 11:28 - also, THE GREEK WORD FOR "RATHER" IS "MENOUNGE". MENOUNGE REALLY MEANS "YES, BUT IN ADDITION", OR "FURTHER".

I'm not sure why protestants think capital letters will somehow make their opinions fact but, hey, I'm willing to play along.

Worth re-posting -(Thanks to "You Fool Me Not". Indeed, the wicked are *not* smart!)

Things Jesus Never Said:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations
By writing a book and giving it to each individual
So that they can decide on their own, without consulting you,
All things that I have commanded you.
http://www.catholicmemes.com/quotes/things-je...
truth

Perth, Australia

#416875 Jan 19, 2013
We as Catholic Christian been teach many in great number as prosecution killing and exodus..but we are protector of soul too.
What others can achieve as single or group issue i live that to them..we believe in holy words as well holy power..we believe in real Jesus Christ words ..i mean real believers not deceivers or possessors..
''many many will come in my name its not me''..Jesus Christ words is pure and clear..

You have free will our Lord Jesus Christ know about that yes it is..God always listen prayers..we can be or looks whats so ever this way or that way in our tradition and culture we are deference but in common we have as believer him Jesus Christ..God listen always prayers.

Location hidden

#416876 Jan 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
"What does the Bible say about the virgin Mary?"
Answer: Mary the mother of Jesus was described by God as “highly favored”(Luke 1:28). The phrase “highly favored” comes from a single Greek word, which essentially means “much grace.” Mary received God’s grace.
Grace is “unmerited favor,” meaning something we receive despite the fact that we do not deserve it. Mary needed grace from God just as the rest of us do. Mary herself understood this fact, as she declared in Luke 1:47,“... and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...”
Mary recognized that she needed the Savior. The Bible never says that Mary was anyone but an ordinary human whom God chose to use in an extraordinary way. Yes, Mary was a righteous woman and favored (graced) by God (Luke 1:27-28). At the same time, Mary was a sinful human being who needed Jesus Christ as her Savior, just like everyone else (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 1 John 1:8).
Mary did not have an “immaculate conception.” The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth. Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus (Luke 1:34-38), but the idea of the perpetual virginity of Mary is unbiblical. Matthew 1:25, speaking of Joseph, declares,“But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus.”
The word “until” clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have sexual union after Jesus was born. Joseph and Mary had several children together after Jesus was born. Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). Jesus also had half-sisters, although they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:55-56). God blessed and graced Mary by giving her several children, which in that culture was the clearest indication of God’s blessing on a woman.
One time when Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd proclaimed,“Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed”(Luke 11:27). There was never a better opportunity for Jesus to declare that Mary was indeed worthy of praise and adoration. What was Jesus’ response?“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it”(Luke 11:28). To Jesus, obedience to God’s Word was more important than being the woman who gave birth to the Savior.
Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus, or anyone else, direct any praise, glory, or adoration towards Mary. Elizabeth, Mary’s relative, praised Mary in Luke 1:42-44, but her praise is based on the blessing of giving birth to the Messiah. It was not based on any inherent glory in Mary.
Mary was present at the cross when Jesus died (John 19:25). Mary was also with the apostles on the day of Pentecost (Acts 1:14). However, Mary is never mentioned again after Acts chapter 1. The apostles did not give Mary a prominent role. Mary’s death is not recorded in the Bible. Nothing is said about Mary ascending to heaven or having an exalted role there. As the earthly mother of Jesus, Mary should be respected, but she is not worthy of our worship or adoration.
The Bible nowhere indicates that Mary can hear our prayers or that she can mediate for us with God. Jesus is our only advocate and mediator in heaven (1 Timothy 2:5). If offered worship, adoration, or prayers, Mary would say the same as the angels:“Worship God!”(see Revelation 19:10; 22:9.) Mary herself sets the example for us, directing her worship, adoration, and praise to God alone:“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me — holy is His name”(Luke 1:46-49).
yougotquestions.com
Absolute truth from Scripture.....

Location hidden

#416877 Jan 19, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Jesus is God
"St. John affirms in plain words that Jesus is God.
http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php...
And God said: Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased..

God did not say: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is me in whom I am well pleased..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 1 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE