Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
401,581 - 401,600 of 532,456 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What pit are you crawling out of?
Sorry, I am just tried of hearing people defending pedophiles. If a church and it members do not come clean, what chance does the rest of the world have?

I believe that the Boy Scouts are the only other major organization who has been caught covering up for pedophiles.

Penn State did, when caught, they came clean and they are paying the price.

The RCC and its members are trying to say that, since everyone else does it, we must not be bad.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good doggie....stay on this new fantasy course.....because you got caught not knowing what the hell you're talking about!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAH!!!!!
DUH!! You and others always "catch me" but no one explains how?

If her "status" had nothing to do with the status of the Holy Ghost, then one word: conception.

No matter, Catholic-in-denial avoids every main point anyhow.

Mary is barely mentioned in the Gospels. She is omitted entirely from the first Nicene Creed.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I suppose it's too much to ask that some people get a clue.

67 Throughout the ages, there have been so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ's definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.

Christian faith cannot accept "revelations" that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such "revelations".
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s1c2a1.htm#II...

Now no more feeding the monkey after this. He's starting to bray thereby showing his true nature.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Free MInd wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate the USA so much and love Catholic America so much, I have good news for you.
There are millions of folks in the Catholic south who would love to trade places with you.
There is nothing standing in your way! Walk your talk.
Ummmm? I thought not. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
We're not talking about me, we're talking about you saying Jesus is really impressed with a country founded by protestants that slaughters millions of babies in the womb every year. I guess that's a laughing matter to you. Scumbag.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Anthony....you have some anger issues.
Laughing them off is not going to help.
Trust me, a priest cannot help you.
Your wrong actually,if the priest is a man of God,devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ,and walking in the Spirit,he can be of great aid to any human being who seeks spiritual help from him.

As for my opinion NASL,it is far beyond my personal opinion that Jesus Died and gave Himself a ransom for many,you included.LONG before I was ever thought of the Church or body of Christ has been making disciples of all nations. I hardly think NASL that it is my opinion,but it is a cloud of witnesses which has lasted for centuries.

Millions of human beings have embraced the teachings of Christ,and their lives have been changed,sorry if you have decided that HE is not for you.

Or that some teachings you may read from other sources,which may give you some view about Jesus that basically is not Orthodox, you claim no doubt you believe in Him,yet you argue with us about oru faith in Him.

You have yet to explain this Jesus you believe in. You make statements all the time about how we do not understand what it is all about,as though you have some secret insight as to the true teachings of Christ? What are they?

List them,give to us a standard of truth you claim as to the REAL JEsus of your understanding.Who is this New Age Jesus you along with spiritualists believe in? There has to be some creed of faith on your part,you can list? 1-10 for starters. Even 5 of the most clear statements of your faith,spell it out. Give us something to ponder.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am just tried of hearing people defending pedophiles. If a church and it members do not come clean, what chance does the rest of the world have?
I believe that the Boy Scouts are the only other major organization who has been caught covering up for pedophiles.
The RCC and its members are trying to say that, since everyone else does it, we must not be bad.
Especially true when they avoid accountability under the title of spiritual superiority!

The RCC attracts the little children with this:

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...

The RCC then uses diplomatic immunity against them after some (orphans, deaf children, etc.) are sexually abused.

Yes, 95% of the world shares your disgust.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all Almighty God does not have a Mother It would mean He was created.
second of all Regina, I believe with all my heart that you love the Lord, I really do.
I am just trying to show you from History and From a bibical view point that the catholic church is not the true church of God.
(NOR IS THE PROTESTANT).
Every religion on this earth has a different doctrine.
God is unchangeable. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He is the same to all generations.
The O.T. church started with Abraham, God made a covenant with Him. The N.T. Church Was a Blood Covenant we are under the blood of Jesus .
If I choose a religious doctrine from the many denomination, I have to ask myself am I going against the teachings of Jesus.
I have to go by what the Bible says. Regina and get under some solid bible Holy Spirit teachers.
Who preach the teachings of Jesus Christ. not what Pastor Bob, or Father So and So says.
The Holy Spirit flows like a river Regina, when you are sitting under the anointing of a Spirit Filled Preacher you know the difference , between the real thing and a fake .
ReginaM needs to note what Christ said:

Matthew 12

Jesus' Mother and Brothers Seek Him

46While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, desiring to speak with him.

47Then one said unto him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, desiring to speak with you.

48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers?

49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers!

50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
III. CHRIST JESUS -- "MEDIATOR AND FULLNESS OF ALL REVELATION"25
God has said everything in his Word
65 "In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son."26 Christ, the Son of God made man, is the Father's one, perfect and unsurpassable Word. In him he has said everything; there will be no other word than this one. St. John of the Cross, among others, commented strikingly on Hebrews 1:1-2:
In giving us his Son, his only Word (for he possesses no other), he spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word - and he has no more to say... because what he spoke before to the prophets in parts, he has now spoken all at once by giving us the All Who is His Son. Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ and by living with the desire for some other novelty.27
There will be no further Revelation
66 "The Christian economy, therefore, since it is the new and definitive Covenant, will never pass away; and no new public revelation is to be expected before the glorious manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ."28 Yet even if Revelation is already complete, it has not been made completely explicit; it remains for Christian faith gradually to grasp its full significance over the course of the centuries.
DID YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU POSTED IT REGINA.
Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ

WOW AND YOU CATHOLIC STILL BELIEVE IN PEOPLE SEEING VISIONS OF MARY.
HMMMM

{In giving us his Son, his only Word (for he possesses no other),
GODS ONLY WORD,(JESUS) NOT JESUS AND MARY

The spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word - and he has no more to say... because what he spoke before to the prophets in parts, he has now spoken all at once by giving us the All Who is His Son.

ALL WHO IS IN HIS SON: NOT HIS SON AND MARY

Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ .

I COULD CONTINUE REGINA; BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT.

WHY DO YOU POINT TO MARY AS A ""MEDIATOR" WHEN THIS PIECE POINTS TO JESUS AS CHRIST JESUS -- "MEDIATOR AND FULLNESS OF ALL REVELATION".
ITS IS A COMPLETE CONTRADICTION. HMMMM JUST ASKING

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

preston wrote:
<quoted text>the statement that you made was about me being a bully on this forum because karen and I were talking about eating bean soup and it dribbling on my chin, and I asked her if she had the same problem, so that was none of your business with you acting smart about it.
as far as you being a heathen, look up what the word means.never mind, I did it 4 U.
3. Informal
a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.
in your case, "irreligious".
call me what you like,you seem to enjoy it,not uncommon among certain religious group,it means nothing to me,your suppose a christaian? yet you don't talk like one,more anti-christian if you ask me,you call me a heathern yet your the one who speaks with an evil tounge,you don't see me respond in a nasty way like you do,i give honest friendly type responses,if fine by me if you disagree with what i post,but i have a right to post it,this not like the old days that you had to worry about being killed by the church for speaking out against it,just like other former world leaders did,hitler,stalin,musolini,nap oleon,all people seen as the anti-christ,interesting how the church acted in the same manner as these people did.now instead of using torturing devices,the church uses hurtful and threatening words to keep people in line.why? the true church of christ would not need to do these things.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

gotta go be back later dog needs food.
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about me, we're talking about you saying Jesus is really impressed with a country founded by protestants that slaughters millions of babies in the womb every year. I guess that's a laughing matter to you. Scumbag.
Dear Catholic-in-denial...

#1.. You are the one claiming moral superiority and Jesus' favor, not me.

#2... If the country founded by Protestants and deists is so terrible as you say -- nothing is keeping you from walking your BS talk and going to a society guided by Catholic ideals.

Yet somehow, just like this Catholic-in-denial -- THEY NEVER DO.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
RCC Superior BS - BUSTED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
I suppose it's too much to ask that some people get a clue.
67 Throughout the ages, there have been so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ's definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.
Christian faith cannot accept "revelations" that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such "revelations".
Now no more feeding the monkey after this. He's starting to bray thereby showing his true nature.
LMAO at the rhetorical spin.

"..... so-called "private" revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church."

"Private" Revelations...

FACT: Fatima, every Pope since 1917 makes the pilgrimage.

FACT: Called by Popes "the most important" in church history.

But it does NOT really "belong, however, to the deposit of faith."

What???

OK, when Catholic-in-denial stops spinning -- please tell us where we can find a list of the "infallible teachings" of this deposit of faith?

In short, it helps the spin and BS when things are made overly complicated and above all -- no one can provide specifics.

OK, now "deposit of faith's" infallible teachings. Where?
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

RCC Superior BS - BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially true when they avoid accountability under the title of spiritual superiority!
The RCC attracts the little children with this:
http://onlinecatholicstore.com/our-lady-of-fa...
The RCC then uses diplomatic immunity against them after some (orphans, deaf children, etc.) are sexually abused.
Yes, 95% of the world shares your disgust.
I cannot believe that they try to hid behind what the rest of the world does!

First, they claim that the rest of the world is evil.

Then the claim that they are no different from the rest of the world.

Then they have the balls to claim that they are bound for Heaven, because they are doing God's will!

Which is it?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Aside from LTM's question,what is your statement suppose to mean?
Funny how protestants are so quick to dismiss sexual abuse and covering up in protestant communities as 'not in MY church!'. LTM shared personal information about her abusive father, a pentecostal minister, yet spends a majority of the time blasting criminal priests. If she wants to know how a man of the cloth can abuse, she should be asking a protestant since it occurs more often in your communities....
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

DWWashburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Good I don't see a pit anymore,you sound like a person seeking justice,and I can relate to that.

The Pope(Benedict XVI),has done more than people give him credit to face the crisis of child molesting in his church.He has publicly denounced the actions of priests who do such things,he has spoken to youth gatherings in many countries and confessed to the world virtually,that, priests have done these terrible things,they will be sought out and defrocked,and that his heart breaks for the victims.VICTIMS have even gone to the youth conferences and talked to the Pope,and the Cardinals assembled there.What more can the church do than to constantly make it their purpose to open dialogue with victims,and be full of remorse over what has happened in their watch as it were?

Not only that many of the priests who victimized boys were men who in their sixties and seventies are arressted for those crimes and facing penalties whatever they may be. The present priests who are found that committed such crimes are older,so than within a 20 year period pedophile crimes are now brought to light. Not all bishops and cardinals covered it up,some did,that does not mean everyone is guilty of what some did.

I Think that it is a reality we all are ashamed of,but to accuse all priests of being pedophiles is not practical either,and we have to respect the ultimate fact that PRIESTS are not trained or taught,nor are they given the license to violate children or young women.

It is not a secret society of men who decide to sin in this way,but a problem with perhaps the stringent rules of celibacy.Many of those perpetrators reflect in their actions the lack of discipline to avoid sexual entertainment,which no doubt gives them the impetus to move on boys or girls for that matter.Our society especially here in America is vile with its sexual promiscuity.It is no wonder that anyone is a virgin in our society.

I believe that we must stand up against pedophiles,but that we should look at every segment of our own society and see what fosters such behavior.

A man who does such things has to be motivated by something,whether he be a teacher,priest,rabbi,minister, cleric of any religious group,counselor,whatever. The fact is men who do these crimes are driven by an evil passion to satisfy their sexual desires,Satan is no respecter of persons,it is not a Catholic Ill,but a human flaw that is so destructive and is surfacing even moreso in Southeast Asia,where children are being abducted by wicked men who are using the children in a SEX[-Trade of terrible proportions. Why are we not speaking about that horrible reality in Asia?

Western and Middle Eastern men are going to those countries so they can buy children for an evening or perhaps a week even,to enjoy sexual pleasure with them,if that isn't beyond evil I don't know what is? Christian groups have been going to those countries to try and salvage some of those precious children from the Sex[-Trade. It is beyond our wildest imagination that governments are not doing enough to stop it.IT should never exist,but it does.Yet so many come on here and harp on everyday about a fraction of priests,for the most part did those things 20 years ago.Not that any of it should ever be justified!
DWWashburn

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how protestants are so quick to dismiss sexual abuse and covering up in protestant communities as 'not in MY church!'. LTM shared personal information about her abusive father, a pentecostal minister, yet spends a majority of the time blasting criminal priests. If she wants to know how a man of the cloth can abuse, she should be asking a protestant since it occurs more often in your communities....
One very important point, who is covering up for these others you mentioned?

Side stepping the issue is no way to handle the issue.

No other denomination has ever covered up such a crime, as the RCC has done.

Maybe several individual churches have. Maybe many families have. But never an entire denomination, like the RCC, has ever been caught and all that you can do, is hide and add to the cover up.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
DID YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU POSTED IT REGINA.
Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ
WOW AND YOU CATHOLIC STILL BELIEVE IN PEOPLE SEEING VISIONS OF MARY.
HMMMM
{In giving us his Son, his only Word (for he possesses no other),
GODS ONLY WORD,(JESUS) NOT JESUS AND MARY
The spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word - and he has no more to say... because what he spoke before to the prophets in parts, he has now spoken all at once by giving us the All Who is His Son.
ALL WHO IS IN HIS SON: NOT HIS SON AND MARY
Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behavior but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ .
I COULD CONTINUE REGINA; BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT.
WHY DO YOU POINT TO MARY AS A ""MEDIATOR" WHEN THIS PIECE POINTS TO JESUS AS CHRIST JESUS -- "MEDIATOR AND FULLNESS OF ALL REVELATION".
ITS IS A COMPLETE CONTRADICTION. HMMMM JUST ASKING
Yes, I read it....it's from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
This is what we teach and believe.

Did you click on those lovely Orthodox Holy Icons or read the presentation on the Theotokos from the Orthodox Archbishop? Very informative.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

ew Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
There you go again, making a conclusion on an event that was:
a. recorded many years after the supposed occurrence
b. exclaiming it was real, even when you weren't there to verify
+ "believing other men"
What evidence do you have to justify and correlate these occurrences actually occurred?
<quoted text>
"And so scholars use a different term for this phenomenon and call such books "pseudepigrapha."
You will find this antiseptic term throughout the writings of modern scholars of the Bible. It's the term used in university classes on the New Testament, and in seminary courses, and in Ph.D. seminars. What the people who use the term do not tell you is that it literally means "writing that is inscribed with a lie."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/t...
NASL

NASL

Why do you believe most men, like the guy who wrote the article?
He was just out to make a buck off of his books....

The so-called experts are out for a buck or a position.

This so-called movement to discredit the Bible started in the late 1800s. Unfortunately, recent discoveries as to how old some of the N.T. writings are, demonstrate their they were completely wrong.

No citations please. Opinions about opinions....What a way to try and discredit the Bible. You need to come up with something better....Lie upon lie, just for a buck....Sounds like the hypocrites and Judas....
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Men do create - many things.
The computer you are on, was man-made - not by any god.
Your statements show you have a closed mind.
Why not open it up a little.
NASL

There is a difference between creating and making.

Have you created any atoms or photons today?

No, you have just rearranged them. That is making.

Basic law of the Universe...,matter and energy are neither created or destroyed, only transmutted....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More 29 min True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 50 min Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Scales Off 8,120
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••